twenty-five
february fourteenth
virbank city, unova
find out
day care
grunt
10 height
10 height
We shoot without a gun We'll take on anyone It's really nothing new It's just a thing we like to do
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @charilaos
enes charilaos
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 4:59:36 GMT
enes charilaos Avatar

Enes finished his shift. Another day of letting Cacnea play with all the residents and calling it work. Of doing admin work. Just enough admin work to look productive. He was packing up, and getting ready to ride his chained up bike home. But, the most peculiar thing had him rushing out the door, in his black tracksuit.

"COME ON, Paprika. You can't do this right now. I was this close to buying treats for you on the bike ride home."

He stood there. Chest puffed out, zipper pulled down just enough to make a Y shape in the middle of his torso. Underneath, he wore a thin, form fitting white tee, of the sort you buy in 5 packs at stores. A 2mm steel chain necklace hovered around his collarbone, so thin you could miss it entirely. Enes stood there at the foot of a fruit-bearing tree that towered over him, with branches that looked as if they could support the cat's weight but not his. "...Okay."

And for what it's worth, the cat dashed up the tree to pick a fight with a Zigzagoon, one that'd made its escape by now. It looked down at Enes, and wrinkled its nose. Litten sat curled up, the way a cat does on any flat surface.

"..."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
we plot in the shadows & hang out in gallows
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:21:04 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
she just happened to be passing by. that was the story of Siobhan Burke's life by now. first Killian needed help, now... well, a young man by rank of Grunt. she stares at the Litten on the tree, her own wrapped around her neck. the Shiny variation helped distinguish them.

"need some help?" she asked, wondering if she had seen this young man in the submarine lately or not. he looked familiar. perhaps she thumbed through the new recruit folder and saw his name. either way, there was a Litten in a tree.

and it needed to come down.
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

he him
twenty-five
february fourteenth
virbank city, unova
find out
day care
grunt
10 height
10 height
We shoot without a gun We'll take on anyone It's really nothing new It's just a thing we like to do
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @charilaos
enes charilaos
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:37:00 GMT
enes charilaos Avatar

A rocket? Technically not, though he was under surveillance nonetheless. A confidant to the actually important and active in the area . The two worked together at the nearby daycare, one as a cover job, the other full-time and legitimate. Either way, he traveled everywhere by bicycle, and it was somewhat likely that she'd seen him commuting somewhere.

"...I'm so sorry that you had to see us like this. You know how cats are sometimes. My Meowth hid in a cupboard of my little apartment for a while, when I first brought her home."

He stood there, now slightly embarrassed. He'd had a pokeball for it, too. Nonetheless, this was to be a teachable moment for the kitten, just now strong and self-aware enough to scale a tree. He blushed a little, avoiding eye contact with Siobhan. "If you could help, that'd be cool. If not, I wouldn't be all that offended."

And for what it's worth, she looked lighter. Slimmer. Like maybe... the tree's branches wouldn't buckle if she climbed its side. To that end, he sidled up to the tree, and clasped his hands together, incase she needed a boost to get up there. Litten stared at the two, wrinkling its nose at Siobhan.

"..."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 18:53:53 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
she waved off his embarrassment. "it happens" especially in the world of Pokémon. cats were tricksters but also hardy. they didn't think about getting into trouble - just getting into trouble. once they were in a predicament, they yowled their heads off in favor of climbing down themselves. "Cheshire" she adds to her own Litten.

the kitten mews softly, warily eyeing the height of the tree. the young man would take position, as if giving her a boost. Siobhan stretched out an arm so Cheshire could climb down it, which he did. he jumps onto the tree, scaling it expertly despite previous unease. once he was on the branch, he mews to the other Litten encouragingly.

"Cheshire will calm him down" Siobhan adds "maybe your Litten will listen" she smirks mischievously, not missing the look it gave her. she approached the man now, propping one leg onto his hands and boosting herself. she grabs one of the low hanging branches with a gentle huff, pulling herself up. Cheshire watches warily.

2/5
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

he him
twenty-five
february fourteenth
virbank city, unova
find out
day care
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @charilaos
enes charilaos
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 20:42:53 GMT
enes charilaos Avatar

He watched with bated breath. As her foot met his hands, he flexed his shoulders and raised her up, putting Siobhan up against the middle of the bottom of the tree. The place where the strongest branches lay, where her weight was most likely to find support.

"Thanks. It means a lot that you'd say that."

Once the two cats were face to face, it felt like a challenge to Paprika. It got along with other cats just fine, but in the wake of its prey scurrying off, it wanted to be alone and lick its wounds. Nonetheless, another Litten made his eyes light up. He slowly approached, trying to sniff Cheshire. "If he's getting too close, I can always grab him myself. Him and uh, this Houndour I have help me work at the daycare."

The only thing left for Enes to do that could be described as helping was standing near the base of the tree, arms outstretched but relaxed. Any cat could land on its feet just fine, but he needed to be there for Siobhan.

"..."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 21:04:58 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
as she worked her way up the tree, climbing slowly so not to startle the Litten, Cheshire was making a friend. he stood rigidly, allowing the other feline to sniff him. the tip of his tail quivered but otherwise he was still.

compared to Siobhan's other Pokemon, who were almost all evolved and much larger than him, a fellow feline was nothing. trying to show he was friendly, he purrs and attempts to bump his head softly against the other cat.

3/5

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

he him
twenty-five
february fourteenth
virbank city, unova
find out
day care
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @charilaos
enes charilaos
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 4:01:52 GMT
enes charilaos Avatar

Their effort didn't go unnoticed. Embarrassed, Paprika looked down. While this was happening, Cheshire sidled up to him, and thrust his head at him. Paprika was startled, and leapt, trying to get top-position, as if they were two humans wrestling.

"..."

Enes felt embarrassed. Frankly... he could've avoided this whole thing by yanking the tree branch down and using the pokeball. Instead, this stranger is patiently dealing with it herself. He sat there, arms out to catch her, if she were to fall out of the tree. "...Hang on."

That option was still on the table, he'd just have to clear out Siobhan, so as to avoid injuring her. He dug around his pockets, pulling out a pokeball with distinct thumb grooves that wore off the shiny finish. Must've had to put this one in time-out a lot. He moved it up to his jacket pocket, and looked to Siobhan with outstretched arms.

"Nevermind. I'd like to help get you down. I'm sorry about this. I know a faster way out."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 17:26:07 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
noise from below caused her to look down, mid-climb. the young man seemed... flustered? he would take out a Pokeball and proclaim he had an easier way. "it was no trouble" she said to him, beginning to climb down. honestly, it was one of the more mundane 'jobs' she had done recently.

and she could use a small break from them. jumping down, Siobhan stood and waited for the man to recall his Pokémon. she lifted a hand to Cheshire, who scrambled down the tree himself. the Litten shot one last look at the other one, mewing encouragingly before jumping onto Siobhan's arm.

4/5

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

he him
twenty-five
february fourteenth
virbank city, unova
find out
day care
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @charilaos
enes charilaos
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 4:57:00 GMT
enes charilaos Avatar

Siobhan relented. Climbed down from the tree, and called off her Litten. He felt sorry for her. Enes then took one last look up at the little rascal in the tree, watching them all. Paprika wrinkled his nose at Enes, and blinked.

"..."

Enes felt embarrassed. Embarrassed, because she probably had somewhere to be. He then took a squatting position, looking up at the branch. The cat defied him, leaning over the edge and looking down. Enes then sprung up, grabbing the edge of the lowest branch and pulling it. It bent, causing the cat to slide down and fall onto him. He dug a ball out from one pocket, and mashed it against his cat's side, withdrawing it in a red beam. "...Thanks."

"I uh... I work here, at the daycare. My name is Enes. If you need help, don't hesitate to call. I promise, it's not always like this."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 5:04:57 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
the young man is embarrassed. she could not help but smile gently at him. "then you should know" she begins softly "Pokémon do not always do as they are told" or expected of "it is not your fault."

being a Daycare Worker; he ought to realize. "nor is it your Litten's fault" she adds with a chuckle "cats will be cats." she scratches her own under his chin, and Cheshire purrs happily.

"I am Siobhan. I work at the Galarian Embassy" but there was no brag in her tune "a pleasure to have met you, Enes." but she would not take advantage of him - at least not yet.

"if you need wrangling, look me up" she smiles thinly before walking off, giving the young man a farewell wave.

5/5 FIN
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
herding cats [m][open]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:34:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: