4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 2:38:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
a lot of other projects.. sure—most of which would get tossed on the backburner without a second thought if she was presented with such an opportunity.

“a prototype?”

her eyes landed dreamily on the mecha’s pre-assembled head. what was there to think about, really?

she grinned, not entirely serious when she said, “let’s do it.”

actually, there was a pretty substantial issue. lulu knew so painfully little about genesect that she could scarcely hope to even come close to replicating it. she could always try for something similar, but it would never be genesect.

“priam… you were the last head scientist’s assistant. what about the one before that?” she looked up at him. “did you work in cadis’ lab?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 16:59:21 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"not exactly, but close enough!" he answers, raising his hand. "i just really get asked to help whichever department needed help, 's all."

science and research department were lacking in manpower during the early days of hoenn rocket given that logistics insisted on making a show of power and strength through brute force was a necessity. it changed over time, thankfully.

he lowers his hand as he digs for the creation of genesect in his memory bank in his head, finding nothing that relates to the actual building part. he still did have a part on it though.

"i didn't help with the actual building part, but i did help with the testing and a bit of material gathering!" he interjects. "the project was top secret though, so i'm not sure if there will be blueprints lying around."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 5:48:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she looked up at him from the mechanism in her hands, listening, and a bit disappointed with his answer. all hope was not lost, though, to get something relevant and of use out of him. the materials were a start.

“was it durantium chrome, by chance?”

but she was already getting up, heading over to her desk. she pulled a klefki from her coat and it went to work on the lock. the drawer was slid open, and it she pulled the frustratingly vague notes of sun-sun and luna from its confine, given to her by .

she walked back and held the copies out for him to look over.

“i’m not sure if it has anything to do with genesect, but does this mean anything to you? the notes were found in cadis’ secret lab. it was stumbled upon when genesect was putting holes in the sub.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 17:10:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
specific terms for materials weren't really familiar to priam, but he does know what the more generic term used for them was. comparing it to the one lulu mentioned brings him some familiarity.

"i think that's kinda right?" uncertainty rings in his tone. "we got a bunch of steel-types to experiment with that!"

his attention shifts to the notes lulu shows him. he takes one glance at its contents, giving it a quick skim, before turning back to rocket's head scientist.

"nope!" the confidence in his answer doesn't fit the words. "i really only helped with materials and performance tests. they actually added my voice on its voice recognition during that too!"

whether they took it off after testing or not wasn't known to priam, however.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 1:13:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
this was vague, and a little disappointing, but it was something. she’d have to work backwards. what functions had they been testing? what was genesect capable of?

why hadn’t priam talked to genesect when it had been wreaking havoc on the submarine?

plenty of questions. she chose not to ask that one.

“hm. you mentioned experiments, on the steel-types. what were they testing for?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 3:20:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
maybe he would have remembered the specifics of things if the questioning happened more than half a year earlier. it's been so long for priam that he forgot most of the words he can hear being thrown around, but he does have a general idea of what had transpired.

"a suitable type of metal! i think the word they used is alloy?" priam crosses his arms. "they called that alloy something long... something like duraludon chrome thing you said earlier."

he stares at the notes he returned to lulu for a moment, and then back to the rocket head scientist.

"maybe the info about metals are there. i just wasn't sure what they called it, but they basically smelted metals from the hides of steel-type pokemon until they got a new one." priam's finger motions a swirling movement as he tries to explain it. "not sure what their criteria for it was. they did something like 'trial and error' kinda process."

it was like fixing apricorns into pokeballs, kinda thing. priam can do that with enough help at least, but not the entire metalworking thing.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 20:24:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
duraludon? dura. duh. or maybe durant?

“durantium,” she aided quietly, pensively.

lulu had plans for a similar project—namely, smelting samples of heatran and megalopolan armor. with the access they had to such materials now, she wondered if she couldn’t create something even better than genesect.

this was still all pretty vague, but extremely helpful nonetheless.

“hmm. well, we know it’s tough enough to pierce the submarine’s hull—so that’s something.” her eyes wandered to a wall, remembering. “if you don’t know what they were testing for, do you at least remember how they were testing it?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 13:19:46 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
that one he has an answer for.

"the last test had it fending off my shadow braviary..."

there wasn't a clear winner when they fought, but results of material strength, agility and speed, and other areas of concern were concluded to be more than satisfactory.

the nostalgia of frantic testing with his pokemon all comes flooding back.

"i was only there for, like, battle simulations though. apparently, there was also some kind of field test too though! i heard it was at silph's house or something."

it was just rumors he's heard from the grapevine, but he wishes he'd seen 's house had that actually happened.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 8:42:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“interesting. and it did well?”

her face turned sour at the mention of . for the first time ever, perhaps, she looked angry with priam. it wasn’t directed at him, but it surely might’ve seemed like it in the moment.

“what did silph have to do with it?” and what did he know that she needed to get out of him?

her voice was as sharp and disdainful as her glare, but it softened as she pacified herself.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 19:16:17 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the shift in expression sends alarms in priam's systems. he's confused, shocked and surprised all at once. he's unsure on how to react, but autopilot does its job anyways.

"i-it's just a rumor! i don't think there's any recorded evidence of testing outside the labs, to be honest!"

there were probably reasons for it to include silph, whether it was his position within the league's hierarchy, or just because he's public enemy number one for some reason.

"i think he was just popular then, that's why."

he's still shook at the reaction after mentioning the name. he swallows and then asks the question that's been lingering ever since the subtle outburst from lulu.

"do you have, um, a history with that man?"

priam was just being nosy at this point.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 20:54:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
no recorded evidence. silph was good at hiding things, wasn’t he?

her eyes lowered regretfully for having responded to him so sharply, but the look of distaste still lingered in the shadows of her face.

she wasn’t sure what to tell priam. she’d kept the details mostly to herself, for fear of punishment for having been interrogated thanks to reckless decisions, and for putting rocket at risk. for being untrustworthy because of it.

but over time, she’d realized that ’s sentiment about the value of some sense of family, and his goal to solidify it within the syndicate, had been realized. perhaps there was not so much judgment these days.

or perhaps it was very foolish to think this.

regardless, she wouldn’t tell him much.

“we were… involved, at one point in time.” she sighed a heated breath, anger visibly rising in a moment again. “one of my greatest regrets.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 3:02:46 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"ooh! is this some sort of spicy love story?"

priam gets giddy at the piece of tidbit about lulu. there were very few instances where he gets to know about her life outside the labs, for a good and acceptable reason.

"don't worry, i promise to keep this knowledge to the grave! if you hear it from someone, it's not me."

closing in boundaries with someone as closed as lulu was a steady push and pull. priam doesn't want to impose too much that it turns the relationship upside down, but he treads the water just enough that he doesn't drown when he does slip.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 20:05:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she tried to suppress the words. she managed to allow priam a couple more sentences of reassurance, but before the sound of his voice had faded, her own was cutting through the space in a sharp snap.

”there is no love.”

none between and lulu, nor between and , or and , or even and —because love didn’t exist. love was a lie. love was cruelty with a mask that could be ripped off in a moment.

and they were all liars.

with a sigh far too heated, she fumbled heavy-handedly with small parts before setting them down with another huff and pulling a cigarette from her coat pocket. lit it, and puffed, unabashed about their location.

she glared at the floor. ”i’ll be damned if he gets his hands on any more of our technology.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,362 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 18:46:39 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam's stunned. for a moment, he doesn't know how to react. there was such intensity in just that one sentence that anything he'd say would probably just poke the bear.

he'd rather not be on lulu's shit list for doing that.

"w-well, the fact that he wanted something from us means that we're winning the arms race, right? we're still ahead! fuck that guy! we got better things now anyways!"

priam's not really sure of what technology was stolen, but throwing out words of encouragement and hyping up their situation seemed to be the best thing he could do at the moment.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,430 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
mecha [c]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 9:31:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
winning.. her face pinched in a fleeting sneer. she didn’t like to think about what sort of technology was under wraps at silph co. it was too tempting, and she refused to get so close again.

it took a moment, as she processed. her anger finally fell away from her face again with another drag.

”you’re right, priam.” she sighed smoke, and looked down back over at the parts. after a moment, her tongue clicked, and she muttered, ”still wouldn’t mind knowing what it is he knows about our operations…”

but her tone faded in a way that didn’t necessarily intend to linger on the topic.