193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 19:15:44 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
from within the data center inside of one of league's many research facilities. there was a particular noise emerging from the room. it sounded like a television. zenji's invited guest would be able to hear the noise of what seemed to have been a recording from one of the many battles happening within the hoenn star tournament.

watching it, and hovering about in front of the television, was none other than mew. zenji, from afar, watching a cup of green herbal tea within the palm of his hand. had the door opened zenji's attention would come to be broken. if it was his esteemed guest, he'd welcome them. "evan, pour our guest a cup for me would you?" zenji would request.

quickly his assistant, albeit still mesmerized by the pokemon, moved as quickly as possible. "silph, glad you could make it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 19:40:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MERE

BEGINNINGS RENEWED

THESE WALLS NO LONGER BELONG TO HIM. He is an outsider for all intents and purposes. Fernando Silph, from a League perspective, is no more than another Gym Leader.

He finds his way through the data center with ease. Confidential areas are cornered off by personnel. Even with Zenji’s permission to meet him, that doesn’t mean the entire building is at his leisure. Not until he flashes the special AQUA INITATIVE license he carries. Notably, the designation and coloration of his card proves vastly different than the others.

access to staff employed by THE LEAGUE as well as any research and information held by THE LEAGUE. THE AVATAR will be granted access, permissions, and for all intents and purposes privileges' equivalent to a COUNCIL MEMBER as of those currently assigned as of MARCH XX, 2021.

Jabami.

Unlike his assistant, Fernando is disinterested in the sight of a rare Pokemon. He plays it cool, presenting himself as unsurprised by its presence. The focal point of his attention is on the man behind it: the Head Scientist.

To what do I owe the pleasure?

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 20:40:15 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
"allow me to introduce to you a stowaway."

the pokemon remained staring at the television. "others would call it a potential breakthrough that could lead to the understanding of man and pokemon." those of the science community would practically want to probe the thing. "its been kept confidential for the time being until we've learned all we need to." zenji, smiling, couldn't take his eye off of it. "to actually view it in person..." it was hard to believe the pokemon that sparked zenji's passion to become the researcher that he is today stood, or rather hovered, right before him.

"to be honest with you i can't exactly bring myself to do any testing on it, who would've thought that was possible?" hindered by the very thing that made him who he is. somehow, somewhere, this was sort of poetic no? "it tagged along with me when we were on the mountain. i can't exactly explain it, but..." he'd look to fernando, "i think we were transferred to a different time period."

zenji would set his tea down. "groudon's awakening must have triggered some sort of temporal rift." he'd shake his head, "i don't know but..." he wondered aloud, "...what sort of precaution should we take? could mew being in our present world be some sort of omen to another incoming disaster?" the scientist wondered.

evan would bring the silph president his drink.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 21:53:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MERE

BEGINNINGS RENEWED

ZENJI’S INTRODUCTION TRANSITIONS FERNANDO’S ATTENTION ONTO THE MEW. He stares at the Pokemon briefly before resuming eye contact with the professor. Downplaying his own interest comes first.

Unlike the Head Scientist before him, Fernando lacks the necessary calling cards to leverage over the Institute of Evo’s owner. So, he opts for the more tactful option: friendship. Rapport must be built through respect and trust. Only then will he be able to use Jabami to the fullest.

A fair stance to take.

Fernando accepts the ceramic mug with a polite nod. It steams with patience, waiting for him to partake. He holds off on account of the assured BURN that awaits him. Like all good things, Fernando waits for it to simmer. There is a time and place.

So Mount Chimney, no?

Fernando mulls the hypothesis before conjecting with his own.

Undoubtedly. Whether by chance or purposeful, something else is coming. It pays to be prepared in Hoenn.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 23:25:36 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
"never a dull moment in hoenn."

another sip was taken. "either way, mew isn't exactly what i expected. i mean..." zenji watched the mew remain lost in reverie, "...i can't make out much about the pokemon. and i've done extensive research on it." there were different ideas and theories on the mythical pokemon. "some say it served as a messenger of gods blessing; others saw it as a bringer of the dark apocalypse." turning back toward . zenji would begin to prattle on about the many folktales surrounding the pokemon.

"but one common idea was that it served as the parent of all pokemon. i can't exactly confirm nor deny this until i've obtained a sample from it. i just have to make sure it's under...proper circumstances." there was a tone of slight hesitance and a look of concern within zenji's expression. "mew hasn't been full on cooperative. it's like a child, whimsical and incalculable. it's very playful, but helped us with groudon's defeat." how could something so childlike and helpful be seen as a bad sign to the end of times?

there was a lot to learn from the mew. "so far the only thing i could do was keep it calm and subdued from picking things up or turning invisible was by turning on the television." it seemed to have an interest in pokemon battles.

suddenly the mew would avert its attention from the television and toward the pair together. it would fly over to hover before the former councilman and began to stare and examine from head to toe. it would even take a sudden sniff. "well this is new."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 0:41:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MERE

BEGINNINGS RENEWED

“DOES IT SHED?”

That’s the simplest and most practical answer he can surmise. While harvesting something from the Pokemon proves daunting, it’s droppings, such as hair or fur, should provide ample grounds for further research.

He has no doubt Zenji’s already covered that ground but vocalizing his thought process tends to help. Hectic times filled with fascination often cause people to skip to complicated solutions for otherwise simple problems.

When the Pokemon turns its attention to him, he brings up a single finger. MISTY TERRAIN trickles from his finger nail, faint wisps that congeal into a small version of the Pokemon. His own mastery over the powder proves remedial. But simple shapes and formation fit comfortably in his toolbox of tricks.

Greetings.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 16:51:45 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
"at the moment it's yet to do much of anything. for now we're waiting."

but zenji did have an alternative motive for calling here. he wanted to see how the pokemon would interact with an avatar. "i plan to start running some tests on mew once it has become more settled in." afterwards, he'd ask, "out of curiosity do you have your bonded pokemon with you?" he spoke of the tapu fini. or, rather, any pokemon really.

"i won't lie and say that i didn't have ulterior motives inviting you here." he'd look over to evan, "start the preparations for me." evan would be on his way. "how about a battle? i think mew may be interested." if he was up for the challenge. "this will be good data for me."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 9:03:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MERE

BEGINNINGS RENEWED

“NO.”

Tapu Fini is always with him. It comes and goes with the tides of the ocean. Beckoning it to come forth is simple. But, in accordance with the narrative he has to paint in front of League officials, he pretends it’s anything but.

Consistency is key.

It’s out gathering energy.

But that doesn’t deter him from plucking a Pokeball from his belt. In fact, he has the perfect test subject for Mew. He just doesn’t know it yet due to his unfamiliarity with the Mythical Pokemon.

But this should be good enough.

He allows the ball to drop by his feet. It cracks open, revealing the Silvally inside. Beaten into obedience, the Pokemon sits at attention, simply content with being outside of its Pokeball.

You remember Silvally, yes, Jabami?

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 2:30:45 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
"gathering?" what an ominous statement. "i suppose even mythos pokemon have their own reasons." for now he would leave the topic alone.

"the silvally..." that's right, he hadn't seen the curious being in quite sometime. "the battle facility recently opened. so we can take the fight there." fernando probably had not been there in sometime. "the equipment has been updated and more fit to handle rougher battles." he recalled a destructive using it once upon. and then there was another, but he couldn't exactly remember their name. only that they were a dragon tamer.

"mew's been sneaking off to watch pokemon battles." how did he know this? don't ask. "so i think its become a bit interested with joining one. i think it sees pokemon battles as a form of entertainment. which, to be fair, it wouldn't be wrong." but zenji would assume that is more intrigued by something else when it came to pokemon battles.

"we can head over now."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mère [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 18:01:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MERE

BEGINNINGS RENEWED

“INDEED.”

Fernando shuffles from place with his Silvally positioned between his legs. The Pokemon stands at attention, eyes fixated onto his hands, pacing itself accordingly. They act as one, with him leading, as Zenji designates the new battle arena.

may hold the title of canine expert but Fernando’s skill lies in complete obedience. Those that cannot adjust are released, or reallocated to more fitting trainers. In Silvally’s case, he’s put extra effort into taming the beast. While Zenji’s research has prioritized the Pokemon as something ‘special’ the fact that it had lashed out during the war makes it a special case.

There can be no mutiny within his own pack.

If its interest deems consistent, have you considered becoming its trainer? I’m sure your knack for field work would keep it entertained.