no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:43:57 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

Click, click, click.
[break][break]
The sound of Katherine’s heels meeting the floor practically announces her arrival in the children's ward. Slow-paced steps bring the elite four and former gym leader of Mauville city to the reception where she asks about Andy and where he was currently staying. She is met with reluctance first, the usual confidentiality nonsense that she dismisses with a smile and a quick, ”oh, I came to cheer him up. I heard about his leg...”
[break][break]
The nurse is convinced eventually, but only after Kat mentions what a waste of time it’d be to call Andy’s parents. After all, she was already here.
[break][break]
And then, naturally, she finds his room.
[break][break]
A quick knock on his door is made before it’s opened and she enters the room, pale features still adorning that heavily practiced smile, ”Andy,” soft, gentle… motherly, almost. Certainly not the usual tone.
[break][break]
“I heard you injured yourself. How are you feeling?”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 3:13:41 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The windows of his corner room stood open today, letting all the light from outside within. Like he had spent most of his time here, Andy was in bed. With the back sat up so he could watch the television mounted high in the corner, an old black and white film entertained the boy. A channel that specialized in just this movies had been discovered and well... It was something different.
[break][break]
A knock on the door coincided with one on the screen, and with a curious blink the boy wondered if he had heard it at all. At first he thought it might be his mother again, but the door opened and an unfamiliar voice called his name as it did. Perhaps it was one of the nurses here to pester him about a jab or the TV being too loud.
[break][break]
'who is it?'
[break][break]
'it's me, Snakes. i got the stuff.'

[break][break]
'leave it on the doorstep and get the hell outta here.'
[break][break]
''He- wait.'' His eyes widened slightly at the sight of the woman. Trying to shift his body earned him a wince. It was in no condition for sudden moments, his cast encased leg suspended from a frame attached to the bed. Hissing in pain, his knuckles went white as he clutched at the remote. ''You're that lady from the church, Fairburne.''
[break][break]
's warning from the tournament echoed in his head.
[break][break]
'alright Johnny, but what about my money?'

[break][break]
'what money?'
[break][break]
''Look, no one trusted a kid with that slab. I don't have it.'' Realizing what precarious situation he was in, it seemed best to keep the lies to a minimum. ''I don't know what the adults did with that shit, and after what happened to that church I don't wanna know.'' Of course he didn't realize that wasn't the woman's objective...
[break][break]
But the man known as Ji-Hoon Ki warned him that someone would come looking for him. And what better time than now, when he literally couldn't go anywhere?

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 19:12:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“... Huh?”
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
The Church.
[break][break]
A chuckle escapes past the woman’s lips as she settles into a seat, claiming the chair near Andy’s bed. “Well, thanks for telling me but… I am not here for that.” knowing that Andy didn’t hold a plate was indeed a good thing. It meant that she could scratch his name off of her list - leaving her with only…
[break][break]
A couple more dozens to reach out to one day.
[break][break]
“I am here because of this,” her eyes avert to his encased leg, eyeing the casket with a hint of curiosity apparent in her gaze. “I heard about what happened, although… I am not entirely sure if everything I heard is true.” And before the harsh truth comes crashing down upon Andy - Katherine might as well confirm that the rumors are, indeed, all true. Was the boy really searching for Giratina?
[break][break]
“I heard you got injured when you were looking for someone.”
[break][break]
A smile.
[break][break]
”Care to tell me more? Maybe I can help you.”

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 21:37:29 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The interloper seemed puzzled, which in turn threw him for a loop. If not the slab, then what? It didn't take long for her to recover however, letting a small laugh escape as she took what was usually mom's seat. The murkiness of the situation only deepened when she said she had not come for it. As she pointed out his most injured leg, his head tilted lightly to the side.
[break][break]
She's not a doctor, right? Pretty sure she was a gym leader... Even besides that, she wasn't donning the trademark white coat of a doctor either. Blinking as he processed her words, it seemed she had come for information. But just what kind of information? At first it was considered that she might want to entreat Doug about the possession of Frankie.
[break][break]
But then she was 's predecessor. She could find him if she wanted to, surely. When she said he was looking for someone, it dawned upon the boy exactly what she meant. Had he mentioned that out loud? The events leading up to his burial were a blur. Once again the church incident entered his mind.
[break][break]
''I was looking for a particular god.'' After a moment of silence the beans were spilled. ''Since he showed up at Mauville, I figured he must be cooling his jets around there. I didn't expect to find a pissed off dog with a love for Halloween masks.'' Of course, from what was said at the church he full well knew that Giratina was under her command...
[break][break]
Or something.
[break][break]
There was a lot he didn't understand.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 21:58:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“A particular god, hm?”
[break][break]
How vague and unnecessarily unspecific. Not the type to beat around the bush, Katherine is almost insulted by the insinuation that the two of them - mainly her - had to dance around the issue at hand. “You may use its name. I’ll allow it.”
[break][break]
The story continues. Andy reveals why he chose to search for the deity in Mauville in particular— which was fairly reasonable. It was the last place it was seen, after all.
[break][break]
“I’m afraid I have to burst your bubble, dear,” her lips curl downward, a frown cementing itself on her countenance. “Giratina does not stay there. It stays with me - its sole ambassador.”
[break][break]
A moment.
[break][break]
And then her frown turns upside down, a smile blossoming to replace it.
[break][break]
“I am its priest, its messenger, and its sole prophet. What would it have to look for in Mauville when I left the city months ago?” She treads a delicate line where she’s both gaslighting a boy and acting as his ‘friend’. She knows that there’s contradicting information regarding her god.
[break][break]
But most importantly, she knows that there’s another one out there.
[break][break]
One that they had to vanquish and defeat in a race.
[break][break]
"Why do you want to meet it?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 22:26:21 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

It had probably been wise not to refer to it as a 'flying spiky penis' as he had with Remi. A face was made when Katherine said she would allow him to use his name. Time had caused a lot of details to fall by the wayside, but it was coming back to him that the woman had always seems a tad touched from his brief encounters with her.
[break][break]
I wonder if she's always been like this or just since Giratina... Remi had said that the deity had been in existence since near the beginning, and Andy had always questioned if communing with such an entity for a long period of time had some kind of effect on the psyche. This likely formed the biggest fear in his quest.
[break][break]
Losing himself.
[break][break]
''With you?'' It was uncertain to him what she meant. Other such legendary creatures he had encountered had always had some physical manifestation in the world. Groudon had been chilling in a lava flow when he had last been seen during Adventours. Such a domain made sense for him. Her first question went unanswered for a moment.
[break][break]
''Well, it came out of what was left of that power plant back during the Three Days War, I think.'' Months felt like years. ''I don't know what it was doing there in the first place.'' Megalopolan shenanigans? He hoped not. The moment of silence lasted much longer for the answer to the second query. ''I want to ask Giratina...'' How honest should he be here?
[break][break]
''Why did he choose you?''

--

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 22:42:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“With me.”
[break][break]
There was no need to explain herself, for no one needed to know more than they already did. After all, what good would it bring if people were to know that the Renegade God resided within her? already believed Katherine to be a witch. Surely, it’d be best if only the kooky lady who lived in the woods had a reason to think that.
[break][break]
“Indeed. It came into our world after I encountered it - during the war,” still, no mention of a second Giratina is made. Secrecy must be maintained. The Renegade God, or rather, gods… Were both in pursuit of a particular orb that Katherine had been entrusted with finding.
[break][break]
Naturally, she doesn’t want the competition. She had enough with the plates as is.
[break][break]
“I suppose you could say I set it free.”
[break][break]
She certainly liked to think that way.
[break][break]
“And not… Someone else, you mean?” that arrogant smirk of hers was almost taunting. Katherine interprets the question as Andy asking: ’why not me’, which… All things considered, she responds well to.
[break][break]
After all, she hadn’t laughed in his face yet.
[break][break]
“Frankly, it never crossed my mind to ask that. I believe it chose me because it believed in me, as I believed in it. It appeared before me for a reason - and I swore to fulfill its request.”

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 21:17:58 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

No clearer answer came. Was it so indescribable, or was the woman merely being eccentric for eccentricities sake? One the one hand, a pokemon so ancient would surely have some peculiarities. On the other, Andy didn't believe in outright magic. Information was ammunition, so he could see why she would want to keep everyone's clip empty.
[break][break]
''So you were at Mauville too.'' There were a number of trainers present to halt the invasion. It was one of the most chaotic things the boy had ever been involved in. It was no surprise he had missed her among the sea of faces. Although he was unsure what she meant by freeing the elder god. Had the megalopolans captured it?
[break][break]
A frown creased his face at her smirk, but perhaps it would go unnoticed, bruised and misshapen as it was for the time being. The response wasn't as condescending however. The words sounded in line with that of a religious zealot, which was answer enough. No wonder, the Blackadder boy had never been zealous when it came to anything considered 'spiritual.'
[break][break]
Superstitious perhaps, but not religious.
[break][break]
''It's request? I got to know. What does an ancient god want out of this region?'' The former bit of her response seemed par for the course from what he knew of other avatars. Picks were never made at random. However that was unimportant compared to the tiny revelation in her murky response. Giratina had come here to Hoenn for a reason.
[break][break]
Which must have meant something was here. Some things started to fall into place. The megalopolan invasion, Rocket activity, the appearance of other strange pokemon he had seen and fought due to the construction of towers and lighthouses, they all arrived in the region with gusto. What made Hoenn so important outside of it being chosen arbitrarily as the setting for this forum?

--

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 18:42:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Now, now… Don’t get too ahead of yourself, Andy.”
[break][break]
If Katherine was wearing his shoes, she’d have wanted to know about Giratina’s request too. Hell, if she was in his position, she likely would have threatened the other person by now to tell her what it was... But luckily, she wasn’t.
[break][break]
Fortunately, she was in a position that allowed her to keep her cards close to her chest. As much as she disregarded Andy for his age, she knew better than to reveal everything he wished to know… The desire Giratina planted in her heart.
[break][break]
Information was indeed ammunition, and Katherine’s ability to have bullets phase through her didn’t change the fact that she preferred not to get shot.
[break][break]
“You need not concern yourself with its desires and requests, Andy. It’s for your own good. Look at where you are right now,” her own gaze flits inside the room, as though examining their surroundings for the first time ever since she entered. “You brought yourself here despite not knowing what it is that it wants, what it’s after… What if luck won’t be on your side next time?”
[break][break]
“What if… Giratina’s desires prove too dangerous for a child to involve himself with?”

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:54:48 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Was he getting ahead of himself? She had brought it up. Normally his patience got short with people hit him with the stick right after they put the carrot on it, but since Katherine struck him as a little frayed conversational prose was probably all about seeming clever. While this also tempted his temper, she did seem like a legitimate psychopath, and he had one usable limb.
[break][break]
Another time.
[break][break]
Then the 'poor peasant' deflection came and it seemed like it was to lure him into trap of some kind. Perhaps it was just his paranoia, but she had said herself she had come for a reason, and it wasn't about the slab. Surely it wasn't to gloat, or maybe so. While he had his perceptions, he couldn't know if she was that vain. Was there a method to her madness?
[break][break]
''Then I'll probably die, and it wouldn't be any skin off your back.'' Was she goading him? No matter, he was going all in regardless. ''You're right I got myself buried under a mountain by a pissed off pokemon. I didn't do all that to turn my back on... enlightenment.'' A word chosen at the last minute. He thought it was one she would like.
[break][break]
''Aren't you like a priestess? Wouldn't it be shirking your duties to turn away disciples?'' Just how big of a check was he writing here? ''Besides, who else am I supposed to ask?'' Remiel's words echoed in his head from months back. ''Most people thought Giratina was a myth. So what the hell would anyone else really know?''

--

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 21:53:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A lack of method is a method, right?
[break][break]
Chaotic and unpredictable, Katherine thrived most when she didn't have a plan or orders to follow. Her gut and intuition brought her this far, so surely, doubting herself now wouldn't bode well for her future.
[break][break]
”Are you trying to insinuate that I wouldn't feel crushed if I knew a kid died and I did nothing to stop that from happening?” She absolutely wouldn't lose sleep over it, so Andy hit the mark quite accurately. ”Enlightenment, huh? I see, I see.” Perhaps it is thanks to Andy's young age that Katherine appears to have lowered her guard. He is playing a dangerous game, trying to appeal to the mind of a so-called psychopath...
[break][break]
“No. I am not a priestess.”
[break][break]
Religion wasn't her thing. Faith lost its importance the day she met the ancient god and sealed a deal with the devil.
[break][break]
”But... If you do really want to know, then I suppose you deserve something for getting yourself in this mess.” And not just a hospital visit, she means to say. ”There's—...” she halts, her sentence cut short as realization downs upon her. She almost hears Giratina’s voice scolding her for contemplating rewarding Andy so easily, without anything to take back with her.
[break][break]
“... Actually. I’ll make you a deal, Andy.”
[break][break]
A sinister, thin-lipped smirk blossoms as the Malevolent’s true nature reveals itself. Would really coerce a kid into something he might come to regret..?
[break][break]
Absolutely.
[break][break]
“You said you don’t have your plate anymore. I believe you.” she wasn’t lying. If she did think he was holding onto it, their conversation would have gone differently. “... But I also believe you’re capable of getting one if you put your mind to it,” after all, he showed promise. That’s why she was still entertaining this.
[break][break]
“Take as long as you need to heal, darling. Seek advice if you must.”
[break][break]
She had nothing to hide.
[break][break]
“And if you do wind up with a plate, be it by talking someone into giving you theirs or by stealing one… Then we can finish this conversation. I’ll tell you why Giratina’s here.”
[break][break]
“What it’s after.”
He may not have any reason to trust her, but her offer remains just as enticing.
[break][break]
What was Giratina's crazed daughter hiding?

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 9:28:09 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Only a crooked smile came at her first question. She hadn't denied it, but had deflected again. There wasn't any reason to lie for lying's sake. Were the woman as faithful to her deity as she claimed, why would any death not for the express purpose of His goal be of any importance?
[break][break]
But then that begged the question of the purpose of the visit.
[break][break]
It seemed as if the Galarian had wormed his way into her good graces insofar as to get the knowledge he had nearly died to learn. Then of course she had remembered the carrot she had to dangle. Almost only counted in horse shoes and hand grenades. Then again, he had almost died too.
[break][break]
A near miss wasn't always a bad thing.
[break][break]
Of course, the slab. The smile disappeared, at least on his own face. While she said she hadn't come for it, the lust to collect them was apparent. He had to admit though, trading a scrap of information for such a request to someone who he, and presumably she, thought was gullible would be just like something he would do himself.
[break][break]
''A tall order.'' His head canted to the side at the magnitude of the ask. ''And one that requires quite a bit of legwork.'' A hand was touched to one of his casts, ''going to be short on legs for a while.'' Was this too bold? Boundaries had never been his specialty. Here went nothing.
[break][break]
''Is information for information not a fair trade? I can tell you where to find a whole ass slab, not some mere piece or something. I know exactly where it's being kept.'' To know the motivation of god was worth stepping around a principle or two. ''It would probably be treason or some shit to tell you, but hell, a price I'm willing to pay.''

--

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 0:05:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“No.”
[break][break]
Normally, it would have been fair to presume that information for information was a fair trade. Traditionally, it was. But considering the ample information Katherine already had and couldn’t act on? Nothing Andy could say would change things as they were. And since she was willing to part with such a big secret, Giratina’s sole desire…
[break][break]
Well, she might as well charge extra.
[break][break]
“I am afraid this deal can only go one way: all or nothing. Either I get it and you’ll learn secrets that are actually worth breaking your legs for, or… We both walk our own separate ways.”
[break][break]
There was no shame in that. He got to meet a celebrity, and she got to look good while paying a visit to a sick kid. Besides, this was Mauville. Keeping up with her people was never a bad thing.
[break][break]
Her hand travels up, index digit extended as it almost rips into the air, tearing a hole right then and there. It is very reminiscent of the one she made use of to abduct before stealing his plate, only much, much smaller.
[break][break]

[break][break]
it is just large enough for Andy to peer into the distorted realm with an eye or two.
[break][break]
“What do you think? There's no harm in saying no if you can't, or... Well, if you're scared.”

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 22:56:51 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

There was a silence following the answer that was only punctuated by a frown. It was a gamble, well known before the first syllable had been uttered. Still, no one liked to crap out. While normally stealing wasn't some high moral bar that just could not be crossed, obtaining an item like this was at the least going to bring him into conflict with one or more trainers, and gain him the League's notice.
[break][break]
It was the intention that there would be a time where such things were trifling matters. The desire to sink the League and as well as the other disparate factions of Hoenn. Now as he was, even as he would be when he left this bed, was not yet opportune. None the less, Giratina was a piece of the puzzle and little was more important than seeing the lay of the land before making any moves.
[break][break]
A number of responses tumble through his head and he waffled back and forth. Greed could really derail his machinations before the train even left the station. As always, an appropriate amount of caution was needed to build the future he wanted, for himself and for Hoenn. Rather she could see the uncertainty or just as reassurance Fairburne saw it fit to provide a demonstration.
[break][break]
Lips parting slightly, he peered into the rip in dimensions.
[break][break]
This must be where she took Big Red... The theft from the doomed Church of Arceus was recalled. Then an epiphany. Is this where he lives? A realm between worlds of sorts? It seemed similar to phantom force, but just never coming out the other side. And there were things within the window as well, structures in the distance.
[break][break]
''A whole world inside...'' Came a quiet utterance. It was no wonder she had been so brazen. One could hide forever within. One had. ''I'll get you your rock.'' Even though the answer came, his gaze wasn't removed from her sorcery. ''Just as soon as I get my feet back under me.'' Finally, chocolate hues met her fiery ones.
[break][break]
''What happens when you put all of them together?''

--

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
no halo [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 21:33:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The tear in space dissipates as soon as Andy accepts Katherine’s offer. The need for theatrics and grand gestures dies down once the desired result is reached. She’ll have another plate, sooner or later, through the aid of a child.
[break][break]
It certainly wasn’t the way she expected to get her hands on another one of Arceus’ ancient slabs, but it mattered not. As long as she’ll get her hands on it, as long as she can collect more of them…
[break][break]
Nothing else really matters, right?
[break][break]
Greed had consumed her heart whole. The seed planted by Giratina had blossomed into a fully-realized tree, and soon, she’ll reap the fruits of their labor.
[break][break]
“The world ends.” She answers coldly with a flat tone. It takes her a couple of moments before she allows a chuckle to part through her lips, penetrating through the stern expression she wore. “Just kidding, but I am sure I won’t be disappointed,” even despite how high she’d set her expectations.
[break][break]
In reality, she never thought about asking Giratina for that answer. A part of her made the assumption that it also didn't know. That's why they had to find out together.
[break][break]
”Mm. I am glad we had the time to meet, Andy. This was…” Beneficial? Not a waste of her time? ”..fun.”
[break][break]
She retrieves a piece of paper and a pen to jot her personal number on, leaving both on the desk near his bed. ”Text me when you have the plate.” A smile coats her lips as she turns around, shifting into the rhythm of departure, ”Oh. I hope you make a swift recovery.”
[break][break]
After all, she wasn’t very patient.