awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
death by ice cream [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 14:57:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was a good thing he’d texted ahead, after all.

He had no idea how the other was going to react with him just suddenly showing up at the flower shop with enough ice cream to kill any large-sized Pokémon.

Yes, he’d gone and done it—bought out quite literally most of the ice cream stock in one of those convenience stores near Petalburg when he landed there.

(Of course he knew how… backwater Oldale was, and probably didn’t have a very well-stocked PokéMart anyway.)

Eventually, a tall figure would cut its way towards a certain flower shop, arms loaded down with ice cream and packages of cookies.

He needed—to calm the fuck down, and if this was how he was going to do it—so be it.

A death by diabetes was better than dying due to collapsed lungs anyway.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:44:25 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bang"]theme
[attr="class","bang"]glass bubble

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
Try as hard as she does to unsee this reality, it becomes hard to consistently forget the situation she's in - A little bird happy to remain in her little bird cage, oblivious to the tragedies of the world around her. She's okay in a world of stasis, okay to remain in a world that never changes. Change may be a wind that blows throughout the region but it certainly isn't a breeze that blows through her closed windows that often.

When the delivery man arrives, she's all but surprised. Somehow over the course of a few precious minutes, she's found herself numbed to her emotions, sweeping her uncertainty and doubts away as she placidly helps to shift the ice cream into the kitchen.

How is she supposed to begin dissecting any of this madness? More importantly, what expression should she put on for a cousin who seems so distressed? She's always been a listener, always opened her doors to the worries that plagued others but never has she had to deal with news this heavy before.

As the day continues to slip by, she's waiting patiently by the door, the shop closed to all who pass by and the visitors waved off with an apologetic smile. No fidgeting, no toe tapping, no sound save for the soft ticking of the clock on the wall - When she finally spies his silhouette upon the horizon, she still hasn't figured out what expression she should make.

"Come in."

There's barely a creak to the door, barely a click when she closes it to the world beyond. Just them, just her -

All in this little bubble, all that she ever knows.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/iM6vmQO.png");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 20:24:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“How are you?”

Those were the first words out of his mouth as he made his way to the now-familiar kitchen, where he suspected, another new fire alarm had been either recently installed—or destroyed.

It was like an inside joke to them at this point.

Setting the boxes down on the dining table, he wondered if he could get away with eating all of the ice cream bare-handed—but he didn’t want to look like a savage idiot.

Either way…

“I hope you’re hungry enough, because I bought a lot of ice cream. And cookies. Can never go wrong with an ice-cream cookie sandwich or several now, can we,” he attempted to lighten the mood in the quiet kitchen as he began unpacking the ice cream containers and the cookie packages as well.

He was well-aware she knew what had happened, and yet, and still—

“Lumie.”

Another beat of silence fell between them, before he continued.

“Please. Be careful.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 17:20:58 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

How is she?
Numb. Uncertain. Fearful.

The question goes unanswered. She's rather quiet, even when compared to her usual soft-spoken demeanour. The kitchen drawers slide open and shut, polished spoons picked out and gently placed on the table. None of her usual companions will enter this room, all herded away by a watchful Dragapult and most likely resting in the greenhouse by now.

Family time is important. Always has been and always will be in this household.

"Be careful... Be careful? Who's the one not being careful here?" Her voice is barely raised over a whisper. As always, never one to raise her voice at anyone no matter how indignant or emotional she gets. "Who's the one that went to Sootopolis and got involved? Who's the one who's risking their life and meddling in dangerous things?"

Her fingers press hard against the wooden table, the tips of her fingers turning red as she supports herself whilst her knees threaten to buckle under her. She swallows her breath and averts her gaze but it's hard to hide the tears that drip upon the counter.

"You don't get to tell me to be careful when you can't even practice what you preach, ."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/iM6vmQO.png");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 17:58:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the spoons were presented, he immediately grabbed one of them and cracked one of the pint-sized cups open first. Look, he was going to pace himself, okay?!

Reaching for two cookies, he began constructing an ice-cream cookie sandwich with the rocky road ice cream as a filling while just—staring at her.

After he’d slapped down the second cookie atop the ‘sandwich’ he’d made, he then took a bite out of it.

“Look—that was—” he stammered, setting the ‘sandwich’ down and balancing it atop the paper cover of the rocky road pint once the first bite had been taken. “I was there doing something else entirely! It involved—involved—”

He swore under his breath. Surprisingly, the deity was silent.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he sighed again.

“Che palle,” he hissed. Oh boy.

“I had to grab something from the family guest house there, and I also had a visitor over at the time,” he began as he grabbed the ‘sandwich’ again and took another bite out of it. “Sh—stuff went nasty not too long afterward.”

And I wasn’t able to visit Mount Pyre that evening because of what the fuck else had happened afterward. No time. I ended up breaking that promise I made… he continued the sentence in the back of his mind, barely remembering to catch himself and not swear in a language she could understand.

“We were supposed to get out of there and meet up with the other members of the League that came to answer the distress call, however—” he trailed off, hesitant on how to continue.

Just how was he going to explain what the fuck had happened out there? Surely she’d think he was crazy if he told her the city just started rearranging itself?

“Just—something happened. We heard—a noise. A very unsettling noise.”

He wondered if he would have to go on.

This was going to be… one hell of an explanation.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:41:12 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

That doesn't explain anything. Neither what happened nor what you've done."

If there's anything she's learnt from being in this line of business, it's that details are what helps to make the bigger picture. Loose explanations of at the wrong place there at the wrong time only feel like an excuse to stop her from getting involved in something that's far too dangerous for her to manage.

But what's to stop her from pursuing the truth if she doesn't get it? It gnaws, claws, digs and bites at her anxiety-ridden mind: A desire to want to be there for someone, kept out of reach by the one she wants to help the most.

"Explain it properly. Clearly, there were other things that happened during the invasion." Before she falls to the ground in a heap, Lumia draws up her own chair, sitting gracelessly as she tugs her knees to her chest. "You can't keep me in the dark forever. You should know that better than anyone."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 4:34:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of keeping her in the dark, oh, how he wished she would continue to live life carefree, without having to worry about the threat of people kidnapping, blackmailing, and generally causing a riot at every single turn.

It was—jarring, to say the least.

“Do you want to know everything, then?” he began haltingly, attempting to compose himself. Either way, the cat was out of the bag and it was going to be one shitstorm after another.

“Are you absolutely certain you want to know about everything?” he confirmed, grabbing the sandwich and taking another bite out of it in order to compose himself (heh).

Once the ice cream sandwich had been destroyed, he gestured at the other chair opposite where he sat.

“Sit down first, though. It’s going to be a long one. Feel free to make yourself something to eat, that’s why I bought all this ice cream and cookies with me.”

Because it was going to be—for lack of better wording—a very long night ahead of them.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 17:13:05 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Does she want to know? Hasn't she always? From childhood till present, she's always been sheltered by others, always been kept from the bitter truth for whatever fears and reasons they may possess.

"I need to know. I don't want to be the only one left out." She murmurs, "It's scary."

Ribbons gently curl around her arms, a sorrowful coo ringing by her feet as a Sylveon gently nudges her side. Another hum and she's greeted by a solemn Dragapult, his ghostly figure wrapping around her shoulders and refusing to leave. Reaching out to the table, Astra grabs a cookie and dangles it before her trainer, patiently waiting for her to take it.

If it's gonna be a long night ahead, then they'd rather she not spend it alone.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 20:25:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

And there it was.

There was a flash of panic that appeared on his face for the briefest of moments, before he realized something.

“Lumie,” he continued quietly as he made another ice cream sandwich for himself and took another bite out of it, “…I don’t want to put you in danger. You—you know what kind of eye the public has on me,” he prefaced.

Sometimes, being a public figure was a real pain in the ass. Especially being a high-profile one.

“And you know that Rocket’s back, because it’s all over the news. Organizations like that have ways of gathering intel and information, and—and,” he trailed off, taking another breath and another big bite out of the ice cream sandwich he’d made.

“If they found out about anyone else who’s related to me, then they—they could possibly kidnap you. And… it’s… risky…”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 7:55:08 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

He worries too much, that's why he keeps her in a bubble and doesn't tell her things. Whenever he does something dangerous, whenever he's faced with concerns, he rarely goes to her because of this exact reason - The fear that she'll get involved, possibly hurt and worse, killed in action.

But recognition of that concern doesn't do much in quelling the tumultuous emotions that swirl in her chest.

"I can handle myself." She passes the ice cream sandwich back towards the Sylveon, the taste in her mouth far too bitter to be washed away by cold treats. "I haven't gotten into any sort of trouble for the past 19 years and there's barely any reason for them to do such a thing."

The threat of kidnapping really hasn't crossed her mind, mostly due to the fact that she holds such little value in the grand scheme.

"If they were truly searching for intel to get at people like me, I would have expected them to be knocking at the door by now. If they're as dangerous as you say, then keeping me in the dark won't save me from their reach."

Ren's grip on her shoulder tightens but he makes no sound.

"Sooner or later, people are going to find out, be they good or bad. You can't protect me forever, Lars..."

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 19:13:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At her words, he balked—for a few moments.

“Lumie,” he said at last after taking another bite out of the ice cream sandwich he’d made for himself. “Look.”

Once he’d set down the almost-finished sandwich, he sighed.

“I already failed once,” he began quietly. Crap, was it going to have to go like this? He guessed—it might as well.

“I already failed once to protect Léanne and Claude, your cousins—my siblings,” he went on. “I made mistakes of my own when I left Hoenn fourteen years ago, and left them to fend for themselves—at the mercy of… at his mercy.”

Taking another deep breath, he sighed.

“I don’t want to f—mess this up again,” he said as crossed his arms over his chest. “I don’t want to fail this time, especially since you’ve… since you’ve been entrusted in my care.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 11:51:50 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Tell me truthfully, do you think that I'll be unable to keep myself safe? Or are you suggesting you're going to leave again?"

There are many questions that arise from his phrasing, many more avenues he opens with each unrelated word he speaks but she knows he's diverting, trying to escape the fate of having to tell her. And yet, he comes into her house with nothing but worries written all over his face - She doesn't know whether she should be laughing or crying at this one.

"What happened in Sootopolis? What did you do?" She has to ask, or he'll keep running with his tail between his legs. Whatever that's happened in his past, whatever fears haunt his dreams, she may never get the chance to know. But do they truly still linger in his mind when he sees her?

"One way or another, I will end up finding out. And I think you'd rather it be you breaking the news rather than a stranger with bad intentions."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 19:43:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’m—I’m just afraid, okay?!” he began, taking the biggest bite out of the ice cream sandwich that now sat abandoned on the upturned paper cover.

“I’m afraid, for so many things, and that includes your safety! he continued, grabbing the remains of said sandwich and downing it in one.

Not even the deity was there to calm him down because the caldera of worry and insecurity had bubbled over and it was time to explode.

“Something happened in Sootopolis, there was this—there was this roaring noise, that came from somewhere and the world literally went upside-down! I don’t know how it went upside down, but the entire city began moving around like some gigantic, demented game of Tetris!”

That was only part of what had happened.

“I saw this,” he went on, bringing up his PokéGear and flicking a few switches for it to go into holograph mode; the same mode he’d used during the aftermath meeting after the fallout had happened. “These two.”

The holographic images showed her a Lugia—albeit it wasn’t in the normally known colors of white and blue as per Johtonian legends and fables, and then the other—the nightmare bringer.

He didn’t know what it was called (Darkrai), but there was that.

“The second one literally blotted out all the light in an area. I got caught in it, and I saw things. Things I swore that would never—never resurface no matter what. Nightmares… come alive.”

Pausing to take a deep breath, he continued.

“I—we couldn’t go to another area to see what the hell was going on, we were stuck there. In a deadlock. We were lucky to get the hell out of there alive. Along with some help, we managed to save , the Verdanturf Gym Leader.”

Finally calming down, he grabbed two more cookies and then made himself another sandwich.

“They’re here. They’re in Hoenn, Lumie. Rocket’s here. They took over Kanto, but failed to get their hands on Johto. And if this—if the government doesn’t shape up their shit. We’re… this region’s next.”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 15:25:02 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
bubble world
isolated and fragile
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

When a person is crumbling, it doesn't help to be a broken mess as well.

She has to calm down, she has to reign in her emotions and swallow them for the sake of embracing Lars' own. Like a still ocean, everything leads to a vast nothingness, select words only creating ripples that fade into nothingness.

The mention of legendary pokemon is enough to make her spine prickle, but the added fact that they can mess with reality itself chills her to the core. Crimson orbs watch as the man fixes himself another piece, a deep breath filling her lungs then losing itself to the atmosphere.

"Then it served as a wake-up call, didn't it? It's telling people to pay attention to what they don't usually see, me included."

She hates this, having to put such frigid truths before another.

"Does anyone know where they plan to do next?"

Even now, she knows she's helpless, more likely to be kicked than be the one kicking. So she holds onto the question and keeps it steady upon her tongue.

"Do you know what you plan to do next?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 18:53:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I don’t know if they’re going to do anything at this rate,” he said with a sigh once he was finished with constructing the sandwich and took another bite out of it.

“It’s like attempting to communicate with a brick wall,” he added with another frustrated noise. An even bigger bite of the sandwich, gone.

After the ice cream sandwich is half-gone, he looked up at her again.

“The one thing I know I’m doing next is alerting everyone in the Rangers to be prepared just in case sh—stuff gets ugly,” he continued; barely catching himself in time and almost cussing in front of her. Crap, this was going to be hard if he had to filter himself just in case he had an angry outburst in her presence.

“I have no idea if they’re going to move, though,” he went on, before falling silent as he took another bite out of the ice cream sandwich he was holding.

Sometimes, it sucked to be working for such an incompetent government…