awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2019 5:41:29 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

the absurdity of it doesn't really strike her until she arrives at the outskirts of the town. wood chips of what she can only assume was once a fence litter the ground, alongside shattered stone and singed crops.

that a drampa could be capable of this is unthinkable; the species is renowned for its pleasant, kind and playful nature and her own drampa, kalei, is a testament to that fact.

persephone hopes that with him released out of his capsule and pattering at her side on his short, stubby legs, he might be able to give some insight on the whereabouts or intentions of the renegade drampa.

+ mission link!
close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2019 10:55:59 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","radio"]

[attr="class","thegood"]

“We could always say this is the mad Drampa and call it a day.” Dallas pointed to Persephone’s own Drampa as he entered the scene of destruction. A young Gible waddled by his side. The small dragon had seen little action with Dallas since he captured it. Now seemed to be a good time to bring him out on this hunt.[break][break]It wasn’t hard to tell where the Drampa was heading next from this small scene of destruction. The usually placid Pokemon had torn through some trees to its next destination. Leaving a trail of chaos behind it that was easy enough to follow.[break][break]“We’re obviously not gonna have any problems following this thing so I guess the question is if we just fight it or try and play nice first when we meet it.” He offered the two possibilities to his partner as he lit a cigarette held in his mouth. The Pokemon had caused enough problems to warrant the straightforward approach of chasing it out of here. Of course, this kind of outburst was unbecoming of a Drampa. Perhaps it warranted a deeper look into the situation as to why it was even doing this.[break][break]

[attr="class","dlz"]

this is beginning to feel like
THE LONG WINDED
blues of the never this is beginning to feel like it's curling up slowly and finding a throat to choke

[attr="class","theugly"]

[attr="class","thebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.radio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.dlz] margin-top: 5px; padding: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood b] font:12px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood i] border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.thebad] width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 12px; float: left;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly] background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 14:49:12 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

the edges of persephone's mouth curl into a smile at his suggestion, and she looks from him to her drampa, and back again.

"perhaps," she begins, as though entertaining the notion in earnest. persephone narrows her eyes thoughtfully and places a hand to her cheek in an almost contemplative gesture. "but what'll we say when the other one comes back and destroys more stuff? do you think the league will revoke our monetary reward?"

her tone is unduly serious but she trusts dallas can see the humour in it.

"let's follow it, then? i wonder what caused it to lash out in the first place." the maybe something is wrong remains unsaid. it's not uncommon for injury to send pokemon into a frenzy, maybe just not quite on this scale. regardless, at least they were in agreement on how to proceed.

evidently, the wild drampa had tunneled into some overgrowth when it disappeared, leaving a clearly identifiable path for them to follow. persephone allows her pokemon to take the lead, making a mental note to take care of her step lest she risk stepping on dallas' gible.

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 23:04:07 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","radio"]

[attr="class","thegood"]

Dallas gave the presumably friendlier Drampa a nod as he let it take the lead. His Gible eager to follow behind the much bigger dragon and follow its example. Damn was that Gible cute considering how vicious it would look if evolved and grew strong enough.[break][break]

What was causing the beast to lash out? Dallas pondered for a moment as he took another draw from the cigarette. “I guess we need to find it first and then it should be easy enough to figure out.” At least he hoped so.[break][break]

“What’s someone like you doing here anyway?” He quirked an eyebrow as he raised the question. Doing his best to avoid the debris from the Drampa’s rampage and help his Gible over and around it.[break][break]

“I thought you scientist types were too busy in the labs and whatnot using your brains rather than doing grunt work like me.” It sounded blunt, but Dallas meant it more as a compliment than anything else. Surely she had more important matters to attend to than chasing angry Drampa.[break][break]

[attr="class","dlz"]

THE LONG WINDED
blues of the never this is beginning to feel like it's curling up slowly and finding a throat to choke

[attr="class","theugly"]

[attr="class","thebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.radio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.dlz] margin-top: 5px; padding: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood b] font:12px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.thegood i] border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.thebad] width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 12px; float: left;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly] background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 5:40:22 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

noticing the gible trying to catch up, the drampa slows his gait and emits a sound that can only be described as an attempt at a friendly chirp. supposedly, the pokemon is meant to be particularly adept at looking after small children and perhaps that extends to younger pokemon too.

maybe that's what it is, then? drampa are known to be fiercely protective of the young - maybe that's what spurred this one's rampage? the idea plunges persephone deep in thought, and she walks in silence for several long moments, not responding immediately.

"they sometimes let us go outside for fresh air," persephone says matter-of-factly, though the mirth can still be caught in her tone. scientist or no, stamping out the ranger training and silencing the call of the wild has been proving difficult.

persephone slows her pace when something like a cavern comes into view. the disturbed earth at the cave's mouth indicates it has recently seen activity.

"i guess we found its home?"

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 16:58:19 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","radio"]

[attr="class","thegood"]
“Well, I hope you guys don’t forget how to fight from being in there too long.” Dallas poked his head into the mouth of the cave as he spoke. Only able to see so far into the darkness with what amount of sunlight managed to break the canopy of the trees and into the cave.[break][break]

“Wonder if it’s home.” He took a few tentative steps into the cave, looking for any more signs of activity. His Gible eagerly joining the investigation but with little input. “Yeah...if we’re gonna have to fight this thing, I’d rather it not be in here. Right Nibbler?” While Dallas had expected a young Gible’s chipper cry as a response, he was instead met with silence.[break][break]

“Nibbler?” He reached for his lighter, the small flame helped provide at least some light as he began to frantically search for the missing dragon type. “Did you see where he went?” The question was for Perse, but a roar from deeper within the cave gave Dallas his answer. Soon followed by a terrified-looking Gible scurrying back to its trainer.[break][break]

“Shit."[break][break]

[attr="class","dlz"]

THE LONG WINDED

[attr="class","theugly"]

[attr="class","thebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 5:09:28 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

ah. nibbler, that's the little pokemon's name. it sounds familiar, and persephone wonders if she had ever heard dallas call the pokemon by name before. after all, it's an iconic, memorable name, reverberating power, much like 's kapow. idly, persephone wonders if dallas and bailey stayed in contact after the regirock raid, they have a similar energy so she imagines they would get along well enough.

her thoughts are interrupted by two things happening in close proximity to one another.

first, nibbler seems to have disappeared into the cave, swallowed by darkness. when it does re-appear, it isn't strictly speaking alone. persephone exchanges a glance with dallas, then with her drampa.

"let's placate it, i don't want an unnecessary fight in such an enclosed space," she says slowly, sending a cautious glance around them. the thought that a battle might make the place cave in floats across her mind.

sliding past them, her own drampa ducks ahead, hissing but kindly to announce his presence, intending to play nice. persephone follows the pokemon slowly, glad she usually carries a torch with her. she averts the light, aiming at the ground so that it doesn't shine directly ahead and spook the pokemon.

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
guilty party [ m/ff ]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 10:47:08 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","radio"]

[attr="class","thegood"]
The little dragon was quick to hop into Dallas’ arms and act innocent. Big eyes trying to counter his cold glare. “Nope,” he dropped Nibbler back to the ground, “you’re fighting this thing since you pissed it off.” However, Perse and her Drampa saved the Gible from dealing with the consequences of its curiosity for now. Dallas would just have to scold Nibbler afterwards.[break][break]

“Well, that makes this a lot easier.” His steps are still cautious, despite the wild Drampa looking to have been pacified. Nibbler meanwhile eyed up the old dragon, feeling confident it could take it in a fight now that it was under control.[break][break]

“Don’t even bother.”
A hand grasped around the rough scales of Nibbler and held him back before he could exact his revenge. “Are we good to slip by this big guy or am I gonna end up like one of those snapped tree’s if I get too close?” Perhaps a hint to why the wild Pokemon was prone to rampaging was deeper within its home. Dallas also didn’t want to try and squeeze by the big dragon without the go-ahead first.[break][break]

---------------[break][break]

For the record Gible was called Nibbler before the grain nibbling kind came to be.

[attr="class","dlz"]

THE LONG WINDED

[attr="class","theugly"]

[attr="class","thebad"]

created by rascal