part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:24:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

They probably won’t make it to the golf course, and that’s fine, because all thoughts of golf have long since left Mars’ mind.
[break][break]
How could he even think of golf right now?
[break][break]
Not when he’s too busy smiling at every sound Cian makes – and at his kisses, and at his touch.
[break][break]
”It can.”
[break][break]
And that’s all that needs to be said about that.
[break][break]
They kiss, and his hands too move lower.
[break][break]
Perhaps, this time they will make an effort to keep things quieter, if only for the receptionist’s sake. But, then again, it’s unlikely either of them will even remember… or care, for that matter.
[break][break]
Good thing that they can count on Andrea to tell her that it’s okay to leave early today.
[break][break]
Good thing that, unbeknownst to them, up there in the last floor of Piazza Oro Grande Bank’s corporate headquarters, it ends up being just the two of them.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:51:57 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]somewhere in mars' office, cian's phone continues to buzz with missed calls and texts that'll come back to bite him later, but for now, he lays on the couch with mars in his arms, exhaustion washed over his features.

both of them, really, for it has been a productive day.

"i never noticed how nice the view from your office is."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 22:15:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

If Mars had known who was blowing up Cian’s phone, and their reasons to do so, he would have told him to answer without a question.
[break][break]
But, alas, he didn’t, so Cian’s phone was ignored much alike his own – POG Bank CEO forever being the kind of busy man someone seems to be trying to reach at all times, no matter what.
[break][break]
Too bad for those people that today Mars’ time belongs solely to Cian.
[break][break]
Too bad that, even later on, he doesn’t even think of looking at his phone, a smile ever present as he lays by his side.
[break][break]
”Slateport looks much better from up here, huh? I never liked the city much.” He confesses with a chuckle, but he doesn’t even look out the window, instead looking at Cian.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 4:51:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"me neither. always preferred rustboro."

for a few reasons, really, but rustboro hasn't been the same ever since...

it's a fleeting thought; one that is cast aside the moment he turns to look at mars. he won't allow this moment to be sullied, especially not because of that.

he draws circles on the back of mars' hand.

"you ever stay on the sub? it's pretty chill. my roomie's a nice dude too."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 5:16:25 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Yeah? I don’t think you ever told me… Why Rustboro? Did you grow up there?”
[break][break]
Rustboro has never been a place to which Mars has given much thought, and the time he has spent there lately has mostly been because of Cian (along with the occasional visit to the bank branch). Still, he can understand being fond of a place because of the good moments that have been spent there, and he may even have a different and new appreciation for the city because of the times they have spent together – just like he does for this office.
[break][break]
A hand gently brushes a strand of hair away from Cian’s face, offering him a small smile.
[break][break]
”I think the sub’s a bit too dark and too cramped for my taste, so no, I haven’t.” He chuckles, because leave it to Mars to judge things before even giving them a shot. ”I didn’t know you had a room there though. What’s your roommate like? Anyone I know?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 6:49:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian nods, a bit surprised that he's never told mars.

"yeah, we're from rustboro. it's partly how i got the gym trainer gig with alex. i remember it got down to me and some other dude from somewhere else, but he ended up picking me because i was a local."

there's more to it than that, of course, but he can't help but discount his abilities if only to justify his desire to quit battling entirely. he shrugs a shoulder; not that it matters much now.

"his name's . a bit quiet at times, but pretty harmless."

little does he know...

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 7:23:03 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

There are many things Mars doesn’t know about Cian, but as small as it may be, he’s always glad to find out something new – even if it’s the bad things they’d rather not speak of. Perhaps, even especially those, since he knows sharing them is not something he’d do with just anyone.
[break][break]
Still, this time, as Cian talks about Rustboro and about becoming a gym trainer, Mars simply watches him, his brow furrowing oh so slightly.
[break][break]
The hand that had brushed away a strand of hair reaches lower, if only to poke his cheek. ”Stop that.” And then, a soft smile – an understanding one. ”You know you’re a good trainer, Cian. I bet the other guy didn’t stand a chance.” He doesn’t need to have been there to know it, he’s confident he’s right.
[break][break]
And the same cheek that had been poked is then kissed, his next words a mere whisper. ”It’s okay to be good at things you don’t like.” This too he also knows, because there’s plenty of things Mars himself hates and is good at. Too good, perhaps.
[break][break]
But it’s Cian’s next comment that draws him away from all this, and after taking a second to take in this new information, he can't help but chuckle. ”Jayden? Really? I know him. We’re friends, actually... He’s nice.”
[break][break]
He's also been to 's home, actually, and thinking on it really makes him wonder why either of them would want to spend any more time than what's necessary at the submarine. Then again, not everyone has his reasons to dread it, do they?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 9:07:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]again, after the poke of his cheek comes a small pout if only for mars' sake. is he a good trainer? at one point in his life, he would've agreed, but after the results of the tournament in slateport...he's just not sure anymore.

the kiss makes the pout disappear, replaced by a gentle smile.

"what are some of the things you're good at that you don't like?"

hearing how mars knows jayden doesn't surprise him. it seems like everyone knows each other in rocket, or at least has heard of one another. it's not that huge of an organization just yet, after all.

"yeah, he is. i haven't seen him in a bit, actually. i wonder how he's doing..."

beast jayden.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 10:05:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The pout is adorable, as they always are, and although it's a shame that it fades all too quickly, Mars is glad to see Cian smile.
[break][break]
The question, on the other hand, he’s not so glad about, because the things Mars is good at that he hates are not at all things that it’s easy to talk about. They’re the things his family has made sure he excels at. Many of the things that probably make him an asset in Team Rocket’s eyes. Does he want to talk about all that with Cian?
[break][break]
”Honestly, I could tell you something kind of funny like how I fucking hate modeling eventhough my shots are always damn great, and it’s true, but…” While there was a grin at first, it then fades, and he sighs. A hand holds Cian’s, gently squeezing as their fingers intertwine. His words are no more than a whisper. ”...My family raised me to be good at a lot of things, and most of them are things I sometimes wish I didn’t know how to be good at… or how to do at all, actually.”
[break][break]
While there are no details, it’s still the truth, because Cian deserves that much and because – even though he doesn’t completely understand it – Mars wants to share these thoughts and feelings with Cian. The thoughts and feelings he has never before shared with anyone.
[break][break]
So, in a way, he’s glad for the change of topic, because while there are many things he can’t stand, Jayden is someone he actually likes, even if Cian’s comment does raise questions in his mind.
[break][break]
Is Jayden doing alright?
[break][break]
Mars knows, for the most part, because even if he doesn’t boast about it, he does try to keep up with things – especially with how his friends are.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Last I saw him was on my birthday? I think I told you about going to his place… I heard he was in Sootopolis though, and I know nothing happened to him, but I haven’t really checked in with Rocket ever since all that.”
[break][break]
A shrug.
[break][break]
He’s been avoiding it, really, but he knows he will have to stop by the submarine soon enough. After all, the consequences of Sootopolis have also fallen on him even beyond of his affiliation with Team Rocket, because it sure fucked a lot of things up business wise even if Mars had prepared for that.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 12:18:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]there are no details on the surface, sure, but it tells cian enough to make him not pry any further, perhaps partly afraid of what he might find. but what should he expect, really, when both of them are in a criminal organization.

their hands aren't clean, nor will they ever be.

the change in topic is welcome as well.

"me neither. i'm kinda lucky not to have been called up for sootopolis...and i'm glad you weren't as well."

cian actually had been called up; his dad just pulled a few strings to get him out of it. this is something cian doesn't know.

"but i don't think i'll be able to avoid it forever."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:07:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sootopolis. Even if he hasn’t been given the exact details, Mars can easily make a few guesses as to why he didn’t have to be there that day. People like him have a value beyond the obvious battlefield, and for those who do know his real identity, they’d probably find it detrimental to risk the injury or death of the only heir to an organization with which they often do business and trade. The Marzáns run a powerful and excellently managed operation, and they’re valuable contacts to have. As much as Mars may despise them, he does admire them for that. Hell, his grandfather may have even pulled a few strings, and this thought itself upsets him.
[break][break]
The reasons why Cian wasn’t at Sootopolis escape him though, and while he’s incredibly glad, he has wondered about it. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t have been told to be there, and yet he wasn’t. Why? Is there something Mars doesn’t know? Did someone not want Cian there? If so, his father would be the obvious option, but there’s no way to be sure.
[break][break]
But, as curious as he is, Mars doesn’t ask, because he has a feeling Cian may not have even considered all that.
[break][break]
”Yeah, me too… I would have worried if you had been.” This much is true, and he had worried about it from the moment he found out about Team Rocket’s plans for Sootopolis. Whoever it was that had stopped Cian from being called up, Mars was thankful for what they had done.
[break][break]
”No one should be forced to do that sort of stuff…” He sighs, because Mars knows better than anyone that life will never be as easy as that. His gaze meets Cian’s. ”Does it scare you?”
[break][break]
Fear is something he himself hasn't felt in a long time, not over that sort of stuff. His family had made sure of that.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:35:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian's thought about it a little: what would have happened if he had been there. he's always come to the same conclusion:

"tch. i would've been fine. like you said, remember? i'm a good trainer."

but still, he knows sometimes things are out of his control. it's why he laughs after, making sure mars know it's somewhat a joke.

does it scare you?

"yes. i'd be stupid not to be scared."

and after a brief pause as if struggling to find words, he whispers:

"...i hate it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 14:38:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cian is a good trainer, and Mars has trust in that, but a pokémon battle is a controlled environment, and there was little that was ‘controlled’ about the way things went down at Sootopolis.
[break][break]
He’s sure Cian must realize as much, and the sound of his laughter reassures him of this even if ever so slightly.
[break][break]
”You’re a great trainer, actually, but I think I prefer you being great right here – with me.” With these words, there’s a smile, one that is soon followed by a quick and gentle kiss.
[break][break]
And yet, it’s also a smile that fades as he looks at Cian, because his next words are nothing to smile about. What he does instead is squeeze his hand, perhaps if only as a reminder that it’s fine.
[break][break]
But, is it really fine?
[break][break]
”Hey…” Even if it’s not something Mars himself feels towards this, it’s still something he can understand, because fear is something that had hold of his life for a long time. The same fear that was challenged time and again until he grew numb. ”...I know.”
[break][break]
His own hatred is not something that has been numbed though. Especially not the hatred he feels towards everything that once made him weak.
[break][break]
”You probably won’t believe me, but… I think it’s much worse when you stop being scared. It's not a bad thing, Cian.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 15:10:47 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]as much as cian would like to be here with mars, he knows that option will be ripped away from him eventually. the continued buzzing of his phone only proves it.

the squeezing of his hand pulls him back from the depths. he turns to look at mars, returning the gesture as he smiles; it's a particularly sad one.

"i guess not. still feels like shit, though."

his voice drops, suddenly cautious.

"...i'll leave eventually."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 15:42:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Even though it may not appear like it, there are many things in this life that Mars truly despises.
[break][break]
Here, on this day, at this office, when seeing Cian smile with such sadness, he realizes that Cian’s unhappiness is one of them. Is it wrong of Mars to wish never to see him smile so sadly again? Is it wrong to feel this urge to do everything in his power in order to make things better?
[break][break]
Life is not perfect, it will never be, and there will always be times of unhappiness. Mars knows that, but stubborn, narcissistic, and selfish as he is, he will challenge even this.
[break][break]
But, what can actually he do to make things better?
[break][break]
This time, it’s as simple as letting go of Cian’s hand in order to wrap an arm around him, pulling him even closer. For a moment, he’s quiet, and when he does finally speak, his words are no more than a whisper to be shared just between the two of them:
[break][break]
”I know, and I will be here for you when you do.”
[break][break]
He means it from the bottom of his heart, and perhaps this is a promise he shouldn’t make and one that will cost him greatly, but he still makes it all the same.

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP