3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 7:34:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian doesn't show much resistance to the approaching persian. he simply chuckles, jabbing into another piece of gnocchi before extending it over to the cat.

"that's okay. we'll just share."

and by share he really just means giving the cat small amounts to pacify them over time, at least until he's able to finish his food.

he listens intently, nodding at every interval though doesn't comment until the very end.

"well, i'm glad i don't work."

because yes, that sounds incredibly boring, but this doesn't need to be said out loud.

"what sort of changes have you been making?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 8:16:09 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Aw, so sweet. Dollar, you lucky boy.”
[break][break]
Mars smirks, and the Persian’s ears twitch when his name is called, but he doesn’t turn to face his trainer (or more like owner, since Dollar is the bank’s spoilt pet above everything else), because he’s too preoccupied with the peace offering that comes in the form of a single gnocchi.
[break][break]
With a swift paw, Dollar slaps the gnocchi onto the floor and then jumps down from the chair to go eat it, because that’s just the sort of weird thing one can expect a cat to do.
[break][break]
Mars smirks at this.
[break][break]
”True, I guess you’re lucky too… Want to do my work for me? I’ll cheer you on.”
[break][break]
That would be stressful for both of them, but Mars does appreciate the fact that Cian at least pretends to be interested in his work. It’s nice, and it makes him smile, so he makes sure not to include too many boring details in his response:
[break][break]
”Just changes in the way things are done, for the most part. A few new programs here and there… and all the marketing stuff. We’re shooting a new ad soon.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 9:04:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cats really do be weird sometimes. cian blinks, watching as the persian jumps off to eat the gnocchi off the floor.

"nah, i think i'd just mess it all up. i'll attend your meeting for you, though."

the thought of doing something as boring as reports or paperwork has him groaning. he leans into the chair, bringing his knees up to rest the bowl of gnocchi on it.

"a new ad? fancy. are you in it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 9:53:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, I bet the branch managers would love that. They’d pitch you all the ideas I get bored of listening to, and then when the meeting is over, they’d invite you to play golf with them. Such fun.
[break][break]
Maybe he’s enjoying teasing Cian a little too much, but it’s not like he isn’t speaking from experience here. Being a CEO has a lot of perks, but it also comes with a lot of disadvantages – especially when considering that he doesn’t even own the company and that his role here also comes with a lot of unofficial work.
[break][break]
Still, despite the teasing and the boring talk about work, this is nice, and Mars can’t help but find himself watching Cian for a moment as he continues to eat his gnocchi.
[break][break]
As simple as the gesture of coming to have lunch with him may seem, has anyone ever done something like that for him before?
[break][break]
”Oh, of course I am. Are you looking forward to seeing me when you’re watching TV and stuff?” He grins.
[break][break]
’And stuff’ because who even puts their ads just on tv these days? It’s all about streaming!

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 11:39:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"you tease but i'm actually pretty decent at golf. still got a good swing in me, i'm sure."

his father never bothered joining him for runs so the only time they ever really spent together was out on the golf course because that's apparently what most in high society do in their free time.

at mars' grin, he scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"i can't wait to have my rotomtv interrupted by your ad."

and then,

"when are you going to put me in one?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 12:13:43 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, really? I didn’t know you played golf... Maybe I should bring you with me next time I’m invited to play, it’d sure make it more fun.”
[break][break]
While he may have been teasing before, now there’s a smile that comes accompanied genuine interest in his tone, because while Mars doesn’t care much for golf even if he himself occasionally plays it because every single one of his business contacts seems to love the damn sport, he does care for learning new things about Cian.
[break][break]
Golf, huh? Where did he even learn how to play golf? It doesn’t seem like his sort of thing at all...
[break][break]
Of course, the grin remains when Cian rolls his eyes, but instead of continuing to tease him, he meets his gaze, a simple question coming in place of a reply:
[break][break]
”Do you want to be in it with me?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 13:00:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian chuckles, shrugging.

"i used to play with my dad. haven't in a while but i'm sure i could give you a run for your money."

there's bits and pieces of information for mars to pick out there: why he no longer plays, for example.

the question catches him off guard only because it doesn't sound like a tease. he pauses, lowering the gnocchi back down before looking up at mars.

"sounds pretty fun. why not?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 14:29:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars does pick up on it, but he knows it’s probably better not to pry for information at a time like this – they’re both enjoying their lunch, and he would hate to ruin that. So, he accepts what is given, and also offers something small in return because it’s only fair to do as much:
[break][break]
”Yeah? That’s cute... I can’t imagine playing golf with my dad, he was more of the type to teach me how to play soccer.”
[break][break]
’Was’, yet Mars definitely doesn’t elaborate on it, instead giving Cian a smirk. ”How about we go to the golf course sometime though? We could call it a rematch after the tournament.”
[break][break]
The tournament.
[break][break]
Every time Mars thinks of it, he’s inevitably reminded of Cian’s words and the way they were repeated during his birthday, and it all makes him feel like he’s some silly teenager with a crush. It’s not a bad feeling though.
[break][break]
It makes him smile, and so does Cian’s response to his question.
[break][break]
”Okay, I’ll try to set that up, then. It would be kind of fun… Though let me warn you, spending all day on set sucks. He laughs.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 16:18:40 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]was, though cian doesn't attempt to pry more into it, perhaps not wanting to sully the mood of their lunch.

"yeah? you sure you can bear losing to me again, mars?"

he chuckles, teasing, but ultimately nods because it sounds like a lovely time. to be honest, there isn't much he wouldn't do with mars.

the thought of a shoot sounds just as lovely, if not slightly nerve-wracking, though it's not like cian's unfamiliar with pressure.

"i'm playing the lead role, surely."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 17:51:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ah, such little faith in me... Unless this is you already planning on cheating like you did last time.”
[break][break]
Not like Mars really minded Cian’s little stunt last time, but it’s fun to bring up nevertheless, and there’s a slight smirk that comes with the words before his attention returns to his plate.
[break][break]
It would be fun even if Cian were to cheat. Which is a strange thought, considering Mars usually can’t stand losing. But, just like with running, maybe there’s also a good side to it.
[break][break]
Or, maybe he just likes the thought of spending time with Cian, even if it’s when playing golf or at a highly stressful shoot for a bank ad…
[break][break]
”Mmm… Pretty sure that goes to one of the cats, but maybe we can put you in cat ears instead.”
[break][break]
There’s a wink, and another laugh.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 10:15:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]still now, even after weeks, he denies it, because for everyone else who watched: cian won fair and square.

"no idea what you're talking about."

i have feelings for you.

it hadn't been a lie then, he realizes as much now.

"that's one way to get a ton of views."

he laughs, returning the wink before leaning forward.

"do you want to see me in cat ears, mars?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 10:35:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, of course. Must have been my imagination.”
[break][break]
Not really though. Everyone had seen Cian lean in to kiss his cheek right before winning the match, and there’s probably a video of it somewhere online. Maybe later, when he’s at home or procrastinating at work, Mars will take the time to actually look for it – if only because it was a cute moment even if he probably looks shocked in the footage.
[break][break]
And speaking of cute things…
[break][break]
”Views, sure, but everyone watching would probably be too distracted and not think about the bank at all. Can’t say I’d blame them though.”
[break][break]
Mars himself would be distracted for sure, and he too leans forward just so slightly at the question.
[break][break]
He holds Cian’s gaze.
[break][break]
”Would you wear them for me if I said I do?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 10:58:03 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"they would but i wouldn't blame them either."

cian is quite distracting, after all, as evident by how mars is still here with him instead of working.

he holds his gaze while he raises more gnocchi to his mouth.

"if you ask nicely."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 11:12:43 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cian is distracting, and Mars knows it, but it’s not like he minds it at all. If anything, it’s welcomed, because as much as he cares about his work, this is much better in too many ways to even bother naming them all.
[break][break]
Which, in itself, is a huge statement to make, but as per usual, he brushes away that thought.
[break][break]
He’s too busy looking at Cian anyway.
[break][break]
Oh so stupidly distracting Cian…
[break][break]
There’s a smirk, and an eyebrow is raised, ignoring the fact that his gnocchi are probably getting cold or close to becoming the Persian’s next target.
[break][break]
”Yeah? Should I say please, or do you want more than that?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
business casual [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 11:30:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"hmm..."

he hums in thought, still leaning as his gaze leaves mars for a moment to feed the persian another piece of gnocchi. actually, cian just lowers the entire bowl; he's too distracted anyway.

"please would be a good start. but you know me, mars."

and then he leans back, grinning.

"i'm going to need a lot more than that."

[attr="class","noodles"]