[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

"Sir? SIR! You have to be approved before going into the-"[break][break]

"Tell Noah Faber to come down, immediately. I'll wait for him in the gym."[break][break]

The man, wearing a ripped sleeves Karate Gi, entered the building housing Noah Faber's gym. He knew procedures needed to be followed usually, but Balder knew the gym leader wouldn't meet with him unless his hand was forced. And causing this scene was the best way to make him show.[break][break]

The Alolan sat down in the middle of the gym room, waiting for the Verdanturf Gym Leader and owner of to show up. Considering their history, one would think it odd for Balder to show up here, of all places. Especially to train the man that actually hates him and make him stronger. Yet, Noah was one of the best candidates to inherit this ability, this power.

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
You are the chosen one [C]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:59:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the ruckus comes like beedrill in a bulb, batting against thinning glass until it shatters. noah is quick to drop his weights. grabbing a small hand towel, he wipes his hands, his damp neck. machop rush to his station, spritzing any offending areas with cleaner.

noah arrives, skin thick against the hot percussion of his heart. although time had tended to his temper, his limbs are forced into a cross over his chest. his fists are tucked underneath his arms and cling close to his sides.

"sorry, but we're not taking walk-ins today, balder."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 19:32:34 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"Good, cause I would hate for someone to intrude on us."[break][break]

The Alolan stood up, turning to watch Noah directly. "I'm not here for a gym battle. I'm here to train you." Most likely, the gym leader wouldn't believe him. Especially think him crazy. Noah was a fighting type gym leader after all, so his martial prowess was known.[break][break]

"Let's just say that what I'll teach you will allow you to stand against humans and pokemons alike, with your own fists. To summon power and strength enough to bend steel, possibly even breach my avatar ability. Of course, if you still think it's a waste of time and don't want it, Just say so and I'll leave. But that training could allow you to stand side by side with Kyle on the battlefield."

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 5:02:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as noah listens, he pulls a dewy cold squeeze bottle from his overstuffed short pocket. his eyes cut above the white bottle's body and focus on balder's. with each gulp, the adam's apple bobs in steady beats.

"are you saying i don't measure up to kyle already?" he speaks through the corner of his mouth, the bottle's tip still wedged between his front teeth.

he pulls the bottle out of his mouth. a parade of droplets collect at its bottom before their inevitable surrender to gravity. noah knows it to be true.

doesn't make it hurt any less though.

"i don't know what you're saying. what do you mean?" noah tosses the bottle.

it lands perfectly on its butt.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 4:28:44 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Seems like the gym leader was wounded by his comment about not measuring up to Kyle. Balder sighed. "As a trainer and individual, you are equal, possibly even superior in certain aspects. However, the man has something you don't. And that's his powers as an avatar. And also considering the fact he gets sent to almost every battlefield, we could also include his experience."[break][break]

At the question of trying to understand what the Alolan was saying, Balder nodded. "I'm saying that I can teach you a way to rival the strength and power of an avatar. On being on the same footing as us. And possibly even pierce through my steel defense with that new power."[break][break]

Considering how Noah had attempted to punch him back when the Ex-Gym Leader struck Kyle, surely the mention of this possibility would feel enticing, even though he repeated it again. But would it be enough to explain to him what this ability would offer, without having to disclose everything? "If you want, I can show you what I mean. If you got a training target for me to strike."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:32:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah rubs his neck as if he were wiping away a stain on his palm. frankly, the word, "avatar", unnerves him. causes him to squirm a little. crane his head back and forth as if the weight of the word rolling around in his head is affecting gravity's pull on his skull.

"i don't care about being on the same footing," noah says quickly, but his body is compelled to a nearby training room. his feet begin to move before he realizes, "fine. show me."

after a small walk, noah opens the door to a room with several gym trainers and machop. he asks them to leave and as they file out quickly, noah retrieves a target dummy from a closet on the side.

he hauls it to the center of the mats and waits with folded arms.

"go ham."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 3:21:37 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Balder followed the gym leader quietly as he emptied a training room and prepared a target for training. The Alolan walked forward, inspecting the dummy that was place. "Yeah, that should do the trick. Might wanna stand back a bit though." Balder took a few steps back himself before exhaling.[break][break]

Followed by a quick deep breath. He began a series of movement, slicing the air. The movements started slowing down, as Balder placed a knee on the ground and raises both arms, hands placed in a perpendicular fashion.[break][break]

[break][break]

At first, nothing happened, until the air would feel heavy seconds later, and a faint glow covered the man's body. He proceeded to get up and advance slowly towards the Dummy target, eyes locked upon it.[break][break]

[break][break]

The man stopped at an arm's distance from the dummy. Balder extended his arm, placing a knuckle of his index finger upon the head of the target. Similar to the One-Inch Punch, known to martial artists. Yet... his current position and stance were way too relaxed to make this move possible... right?[break][break]

A simple twist from his hips, the finger balled up with the rest of the hand to form a fist that was now placed against the Dummy's head... Or where it would be located at least. The simple movement he had made had blown the Dummy's head off, leaving a trail of remains up to the wall on the opposite side, where one could faintly see and feel the shape of Balder's fist.[break][break]

"I believe you know my avatar powers, right? This isn't one of them. And as a martial artist, I'm sure you could tell that everything was wrong about the stance and attack that I just used. This is a portion of the power, of the ability, that I wish to teach you. It brings your body to its greatest potential, and sometimes further beyond."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 21:16:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 at first, noah remained skeptical. the odd pose, the slow setup— perhaps, this was an elaborate mockery designed to waste his time. nevertheless, he watched. and watched. then witnessed.

within an instant, the dummy lost its head.

noah takes a moment to register the happening. briefly, he contemplates how much money that dummy cost. he relaxes his shocked stature, clearing his throat as he stares at the lopped head and the faint fist on the other side.

"what the? where'd you?" noah recoils almost, alarm flooding his face. "is that pose... really necessary?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 20:10:28 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The alarmness expressed by Noah was understandable.. And so was the question about the pose. Balder couldn't help but let out a sigh. "Yes and no. The dance, the movements and the pose are but a mean to an end. Plus, an adequate way to illustrate the process to those that need to learn it. But once you have mastered it properly, these steps can be skipped to the actual result, and use this strength for its true purpose. Because what I displayed just now, is not the full potential of this ability."[break][break]

The Alolan stretched and looked at the gym leader. "There is another purpose to this technique. I could even say its true goal was this from the start. Through this technique, this pose, you can establish harmony with a pokemon, and allow not only yourself, but your companion as well, to display strength beyond its regular means."[break][break]

Sadly, the man couldn't display this in such an enclosed space. Plus, now wasn't the time to show this yet. Starting with the basics would be the best option, and to not rush it. "So, what's your verdict Noah? Do you want to learn it? Keep in mind that I'm only imparting what I know, but practice will be what brings you the result. And that you cannot teach it to anyone else."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2021 3:21:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah scrubs the back of his head. dissonance, like some kind of sand or dandruff, scatters from his skull in shards and spirals. a sleek sigh slips from his mouth as he relents.

"fine, i'll bite." noah says. "protocol's a bit weird. this some sorta sacred knowledge? where'd you learn this?"

he relaxes, some. still, the practice stirs more questions. the abrupt nature of balder's appearance is like a flare of fire. smaller embers burn around from its bursting. smoke clouds the context.

"is this even legal?" noah jokes. in part.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 4:34:45 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

And thus, the Gym leader agreed to the offer. Balder nodded upon hearing his answer. "I agree that it's weird, both the method of execution and how I had to go to get you interested in it. But I couldn't outright reveal the secret that I learnt to someone who I didn't know would wish to learn it."[break][break]

"If it can help though, the poses and everything else can be skipped once you properly understand the secrets and working of this technique. Its true purpose is mainly to help the user focus on the image, on the purpose and goal they wish to reach while using it, as well as properly synchronize with the pokemon." On the question of legality, Balder couldn't help but laugh.[break][break]

"It's about as legal as an Avatar is. But since even Dahlia isn't aware of this power, I guess it could be considered illegal? Sort of? Anyways this isn't supposed to be a super evil power. So long as you use it to protect others, it won't be bad." Power is only power after all. The only reason it can be associated to good and evil, justice and crime, is dependent on the user.[break][break]

"As for where I learnt this technique... Ever heard of a legendary dojo hidden within the valleys of Fallarbor town?" It was supposedly legendary, that's the reason why they all went out to seek it. All 5 of the originals. But an expert of fighting like Noah would be able to confirm if it was truly legendary, or simply a secret location.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 9:10:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 legendary dojo? no bell is rung. no memory inspired. still, noah surmises there is much to be uncovered. obscuring schedule and freedom is the tumult of the region. there is little time to explore hoenn itself for all of its secrets when it feels like its secrets are the ones conducting the journey.

"i haven't. then again, i'm not a hoennian." noah scratches the back of his head. "should i know about it? you've been there then, huh? special invite?"

the fomo settles in like dust on the mats.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 5:41:53 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

So even he didn't know about that dojo... "Nah, if you don't know then it's fine. It wasn't a special invite either, it was a special discovery of sort. But the way I heard of it, it was supposedly legendary and widely known." The man stretched before continuing to speak.[break][break]

"So, enough about that unknown dojo then. Do you want to start practicing right away? I know I barged in unannounced and all, so I'm not aware if you were busy with something else, but I got some time right now to teach you the basics and help you find a pose." Better strike while the iron is hot. What will the man say?

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 2:15:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "i've got time, sure."

other things could wait. despite the incessant orbit of his gaze grazing against balder's knuckles, noah stomachs hostility. he shakes off his second thoughts. limbs loosen as he rolls his shoulders like wrenches tightening his resolve.

"alright, balder. show me what's up."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 6:49:47 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

He had time. Perfect. "Well then, let's begin with the basic of this. Before being able to use this, you need to select a pose in which you'll be comfortable, a stance so to say. This is the easiest way to begin and to be able to channel the energy within you." While it is true that any poses would do the trick, it was best to start with something that the user would easily be able to remember, to apply.[break][break]

Thus began the training of Noah, to raise him to the level of the Golden Generation. The path was long, but with the proper diligence and training, this gym leader and hero of Hoenn would be able to succeed and to fight side by side with both his close ones and his pokemons.[break]

[break]
[attr="class","chosen"]Z-POSE TRAINING BEGINS!
[attr="class","chosen2"]
[break]

the above players receive the following perks:

• Noah now embarks on the path of Z-Pose! After his training session with Balder, the man is now able to acquire this new technique. In order to attain mastery over this skill, they must complete 10 NEW THREADS that are at least 2 PAGES LONG. after participating in 2 HIGH IMPACT EVENTS (RAIDS), they will be able to use the Z-POSE. The Z-POSE grants the following benefits:
  • once per thread, the character may perform a Z-POSE. this takes up the character's action for the post.
  • performing the Z-POSE allows any pokemon to perform an APPLICABLE Z-MOVE.
  • this counts toward your one Z-MOVE PER THREAD.
  • this does not apply to SHADOW POKEMON, PURIFIED POKEMON, DYNAMAX POKEMON, MEGA EVOLVED POKEMON, or POKEMON WITH A 16 WEEK BERRY EFFECT (EVEN IF IT'S FROM CURRY).
  • if all five Z-POSE users come together in a SPIRAL MODERATED EVENT, something special may happen.