[m] move it!

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 2:36:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the obvious solution was to capture the Wild Snorlax. 

that's why she had been sent here anyway. Zola waits for her partner, knowing HQ was being wary. they'd send someone along sooner or later. that's how these jobs worked. she watches from a few paces away the rise and fall of the Snorlax's chest.

it was almost cute.

but plenty of trainers on their way to and from the tunnel were getting annoyed. they couldn't climb over the Snorlax's resting place. it sat, leaning against the tunnel's entrance in a show of carefree-ness.

"man, you're a big guy" she comments to no one in particular, raising a brow.

1/5 + OPEN
close tab

played by

bust

she/her
March 20
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
? ? ?
Aspiring Pokemon Nurse!
0 height
0 height
Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet!
awards
11 posts
Kang Hye-Rin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @bustwithflowers
Kang Hye-Rin
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 2:04:05 GMT
Kang Hye-Rin Avatar
template by punki of adoxography
i am feeling so small
i'm still learning to love
The day had been a complete bust.

Hye-Rin trudged through the cave entrance through Verdanturf, holding Tulip close to her chest in the hopes that it would bring some sort of comfort. The pair had gotten an early start to the day, traveling north from Slateport City in search of a Ralts or Kirlia to befriend. And, even through the sacrifice of so much time and effort, the wilted flower would come up empty handed,"Maybe they were all having a tea party with themselves..." It was the only semi-rational thought- that all of the cute Pokemon in route 117 were busy during the hours the two spent searching,"I'm sure we'll have better luck tomorrow, Tulip. They can't have overnight tea parties." With a soft huff, Hye brought her Happiny up so that she could rest her chin on the top of it's soft pink head.

The mouth of the cave she'd entered through would lead to Rustboro, if her typically failing memory was correct. Just before turning the corner that would lead out of the tunnel, the sound of gentle snoring caught her ears. She'd perk up, stepping along the jagged stone wall to come face to face with quite an odd situation- a Snorlax blocking the mouth of the tunnel and a woman observing it. This wasn't something that never happened, but Hye was usually only hearing about it in the news! The fact that she was here to see it with her own eyes was incredible! It's plush-like fur, the roundness of it's belly- it was positively adorable!

Maybe her luck was turning around after all.

Placing Tulip on the cave floor next to her, Hye would reach into her pocket and grab a hold of her flip phone- overly decorated and weighed down by just too many charms. With an audible click, the sunflower would take a quick picture for memory's sake,"Uhm, pardon me," She'd start to say to the woman who was sharing in the awe with her as she flipped her phone closed and slipped it back into her pocket,"I'm not exactly in a hurry, but do you think we'd be able to help it? I'm no ranger- I'm honestly barely a trainer- but I want to help take it somewhere safer, if that's okay!" A bright smile was adorned on her soft face, hoping to make the best first impression that she could in a damp cave such as this!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 15:59:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"hmm?"

a very young girl would approach, offering her help. it seemed Zola's partner was running late. "hey there" the Ranger says to her, rubbing the back of her neck idly "I'm supposed to be waiting for someone to assist but... I guess it can't hurt to let you help." who knows? the girl may be useful.

she extends a free hand to the brunette. "Zola Abara, Ranger" of Mauville. of Hoenn. personal assistant to a League Officer. the biz. "Snorlax only move when hungry... we should gather some berries. make a trail for it to follow. away from the cave would be good." she chuckles, indicating to a Berry Tree.
close tab

played by

bust

she/her
March 20
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
? ? ?
Aspiring Pokemon Nurse!
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
Kang Hye-Rin DOLLARS
part of
Kang Hye-Rin
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 23:29:58 GMT
Kang Hye-Rin Avatar
i am feeling so small
Hye's eyes would widen once the woman, who introduced herself as Zola Abara, would extend her hand out. A... Ranger? The flowery girl had never met one, especially not one that looks like her! Sheepishly, Hye-Rin would meet the woman's hand with her own to shake it,"Ah... I hope you don't mind me saying, but I didn't know that Rangers could be so pretty! You seriously look like a model!" She'd smile,"I'm Hye-Rin, Kang Hye-Rin. And the little one next to me is Tulip!" The Happiny that stood beside her would wave with a bright smile, taking after her trainer with her kindness.

When it came to knowledge about specific Pokemon, Hye-Rin was at a loss. She hadn't grown up around Pokemon, nor did she spend time after she left home memorizing everything she'd missed out on. What meant the most to her was the bond that she'd share- not what or when Snorlax wanted to eat,"I see! But..." Her words would trail off, pointing at the lack of space to move through to get past the Snorlax,"How would we get through to pick berries? Unless you mean heading back towards Verdanturf?" Hye would tilt her head, ready to follow with whatever Zola had in mind for helping the large Pokemon out with.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 19:54:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"hehe" Zola chuckles at the girl's observation "I'm still a lady; Ranger or not" and anyone with self-respect would take care of their appearance or personality. it just so happens she did both "my work doesn't define what I can or cannot look like" she hadn't gotten complaints about her features "but thank you, Hye-Rin. you're a sweetie." wink.

gesturing once more to the trees, she would approach them. "well, sometimes you gotta hoof it. other times? you climb" but the girl didn't seem to be dressed for such a thing; Zola would hate to get her all filthy "but I learned your Pokémon can help ninety-percent of the time." she took out two Pokeballs and tossed them. her Rotom would buzz around her head briefly, while her Pikachu climbed onto her shoulder.

"Analog and Ion will assist" she introduced them, giving a wave at Tulip "they'll begin collecting berries into a small pile" Zola adds to her partners "all you have to do is hand me them. I'll make a trail to the side for the Snorlax to follow. it won't be hurt and it can enjoy its rest after it eats; but everyone can get through the tunnel."

questions?

3/5
close tab

played by

bust

she/her
March 20
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
? ? ?
Aspiring Pokemon Nurse!
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
Kang Hye-Rin DOLLARS
part of
Kang Hye-Rin
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 20:56:03 GMT
Kang Hye-Rin Avatar
i am feeling so small

"Ah..." Hye-Rin gave a content sigh at Zola's compliment, a soft pink flush brightening her face. Letting herself relax around the Ranger, she'd nod along to her direction. Mentioning the help of Pokemon, the black-haired woman would send out two incredibly cute electric-types- both a Rotom and a Pikachu,"Wow... they're so cute!" The sunflower would be quick to compliment the woman's companions, and she'd reach for a single Pokeball from her pocket.

Throwing it out, a Mimikyu would appear in a shroud of bright red light, and Lily would look around at it's changed environment. Bending down to speak to it, Hye would smile,"I hope it's okay to ask, but do you mind helping out these nice Pokemon? We're going to be taking berries from those tress outside to lure the Snorlax somewhere safer!" The beady eyes on it's torso would blink curiously as it's trainer spoke, and would nod as it followed closely behind Tulip as she trailed behind the Ranger's Pokemon. While their friends did their work, Hye looked up at Zola,"How did you end up becoming a Ranger, if you don't mind me asking?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] move it!
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 4:42:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
how did she end up being a Ranger? hmm, good question. Zola would occupy her thoughts briefly before accepting the berries. she'd first make a small pile from the tree to a spot near the tunnel. just in case they had an especially lazy Snorlax! "I wasn't a Ranger always" she explains "first, I wanted a cushy job as a Administrative Assistant."

the more she thought on it, the more the choice had been boring. "I took some jobs with Ranger HQ - I'm a Hoenn native - so I got to see first hand how Rangers in this region worked" she shrugs as she examines their work "eventually I became an assistant to a ranger doing fieldwork; they got hurt on my watch. I never felt so helpless." she shakes her head.

but then. "so I decided to become a Ranger myself. probably cause I didn't like to be on the sidelines while they worked so hard. I still have a job as an assistant, and yeah I'm pretty much tech support to the other Rangers... I rarely go out on the field like this" Zola gestures around them "so what about you? what do you think you want to do with your life?"
4/5