Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 5:30:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 NOAH'S DISCHARGE FROM THE HOSPITAL was swift. A few days later of rest in Verdanturf and a botched burial later, Noah had the mind to check on his carrot seeds once again. He wreathes himself in a scarf. Sets pokeballs deep within his pockets so that their retrieval would grant his gloved hands further reprieve from the cold.

Repeated visits to this place reveal layers of encrusted beauty once obscured by first impression. Each step on the ice, although treacherous, orchestrates the clearest chiming across the frozen fields. For a little while, Noah is silent. Tired still, perhaps. Recovery comes in phases.

"kyle, do you think i'm weak?" Noah asks innocently, careful to leap past a bergmite submerged partially in salt.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:49:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't mind the silence. noah's presence alone was enough.

"you're easily on better half of the gym leaders on my list," kyle answers objectively, seemingly absentminded as he enjoys the first few strolls he's had with noah once things had settled down.

his hand holds noah's tightly as they traverse through the caverns. he navigates the caves thoroughly careful as someone who doesn't prefer going outside often and has very little confidence on rough terrain.

then again, kyle's not the most confident person since the start.

@tags
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 3:45:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah's chin dips toward the icy floor, a simper on his lips. he stops and lets the cold air have a chance to settle on his exposed skin. tightly, he holds kyle's hand. against the ice, he slides the front of his shoe in a coy circle.

"aw, dude. you're just saying that 'cause you have to." noah's voice comes out warm and soft, cradled within their space before dispersing into the cold arches of the cave. "but still, thanks."

he tucks in close to the other's head, planting a warm kiss against the cheek.

"i know your standards are high anyway."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 17:19:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the kiss surprises him, but the wet on his cheek coupling with the cold air of the underground cave gives him a slight chill. he takes a hand to touch the spot, smiling coyly when he does.

"please don't let me have to tell you my reasoning," he tells noah. having to sugarcoat his words was going to be a pain.

there's a sigh, but not of annoyance. he lets a second pass by before turning to noah, facing him with a smile and a raised brow.

"well, i chose you. is that some sort of weird way of praising yourself?"

he's not much for emotional support, but he has his ways.

@tags
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 0:02:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah volleys back with a smug look of his own before punching the other in the arm. "i meant for gym leaders, man." his skin is cooled pink by the shoal cave air. "but that works too."

they arrive at noah's carrot plot. surprisingly, the seeds have taken root in this frigid domain. against all odds, noah thinks. but he swiftly corrects himself. no, this is the only place they can grow.

"look, it's our babies." noah says, gloved hand sweeping across the chilly space to present the evergreen hairs of growing iceroot.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 2:06:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he crouches down to look at the carrots. they're definitely different from the ones he grew at mt. pyre, but he's certain that they both came from the same kind of carrot seeds.

"our babies aren't purple. that's nice." he wouldn't want a megalopolan as a child since people would be racist towards them after all.

he joins noah in trying to prod them, nudging their leaves with a single finger.

"were you worried about something? if you're worried about your spot, i'll let you know once others start getting competent."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 1:42:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "yeah, they're more blue." noah crouches down too. the ice crunches flat underneath his shoes. "that's probably not good to be if you're a baby. like they're dead if they're blue."

he continues to nudge the carrot leaves like a frightfully curious child prodding local caterpie with a stick. there is something hypnotizing in the way these eternal greens wobble and quiver like fledgling aliens. plants unheard of in hoenn's tropical landscape.

"not really. just more like, i feel bad for not being able to match you." noah speaks, gaze still centered on his wintry produce.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 13:31:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's the one thing i'm good at, i think." he tells noah. "you let that be my thing, and i'll let you have your thing. how's that sound?"

he grins, having heard that it's infectious from an article on the internet before. a hand caresses noah, rubbing his back in awkward motions since kyle is, well, awkward in the situation.

"is this about sootopolis?" he prods further.

he can feel his throat tighten. it was the point of no return since he willingly breached the territory of sensitive topics for noah. he steels himself for the aftermath, swallowing as he anticipates the next thing.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 5:36:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah's content hum can be felt through the palm of kyle's hand. although the jacket is thick and plush with its protection against shoal cold, the reassurance kyle provides pierces through with ease. even if it's in awkward... circles or whatever shape it is he's making with his hand.

"i guess." noah turns to face kyle, fingers pulling away softly from the carrot tops. "yeah. i just don't want to be a liability." he groans, thick gloves smacking the sides of his own face. "this is so fucking cliched. sorry, man."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:18:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"liability? who said that?"

he'd put out names of people who are, but that was rude and distasteful so he opted out of it.

at the very least, noah didn't put a hardass act that inevitably got the region in a war with aliens, nor did he blow him up on his act of trying to negotiate with the commander of said aliens during said war.

"i'd have babysat you back then if you were," kyle argues. "i mean, i'd make sure you won't die if you're such a baggage by being with... er, i mean, someone vip with no chance of survival will get full protection from kyle lo--"

he scratches his head.

"dude, how do i word this?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 7:49:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as kyle fumbles over syllable and phrase, noah smooths the rickety syntax with his laugh. a gloved hand presses against kyle's head, pushing it playfully to the side.

"you tried. i get it though." noah leans into kyle's side, the soft smile formed out of the clumsy comforts of his boyfriend weighing him toward the other. "thanks."

he peers at the growing carrots, their leaves looking so delicate against the solid, unfeeling ice of the cave. despite being wrapped in their winter wear, noah can feel the heat of the other's body and so, he remains tilted against kyle's form.

"gimme full protection anyway. i'll get jealous."

he laughs again. loud enough so that the carrots can hear.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 3:11:28 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are iceroot carrots: chilled root vegetables with a cool blue flesh.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in SHOAL CAVE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
growcool [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 3:12:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: