Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 14:09:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In Likeness

Mauville City Gym Challenge: Vs

The heated metal collapses to the floor in a heap with a loud klang, beeps and boops slowly dying out as it falls unconscious. A ray of red light surrounds the body moments later, returning it to its pokeball.

"Excellent work, Magnezone." The gym leader praised the pokeball gently as a pair of Blissey's walked up to him from outside of the battlefield, each holding a platter on their hands.

He gestured towards the challenger to one of them, before placing his pokeball's on the other.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy." He muttered to his Blissey, before turning his gaze towards Freya, an arm slipping behind his back as he nodded.

"Ya were excellent yerself, Challenger." He said simply. "If yer comfortable with the idea, ya may leave your pokemon's healing to my Blissey. Your choice, 'course. Regardless, Follow me. Let's talk."

He turned on his heel and began marching towards the largest building in the premises.

Magnezone has fainted.
Freya has won!
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 22:03:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
as sturdy as it'd been, the beast finally falls. calcifer hits the ground at a stumble, breathing hard. he falls to one knee as the magnezone totters and freya holds her breath. but the charizard still remains standing, albeit for a few more seconds, after the magnezone collapses and the match is called. calcifer pitches forward at the sound of the drill bell signifying their win. 

freya recalls him before his battered face can collide with the ground. she touches the pokeball to her lips and then looks nervously at the blissey that approaches. 

her instinct is to say no, but she has other pokeballs twined upon her person, her salamencite woven into her hair. calcifer will not be torn from her easily.

so she gives him, and killian, a well-deserved rest. 

"thanks," she says and lopes behind sullivan. her step isn't as rigid nor as polished as his own, but she keeps up with him quite well. she looks curiously at him. 

"you've any notes for me, captain?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 22:51:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In Likeness

"Not particularly. Ya performed admirably."

He didn't have any particular complaints about her performance or style.

That said.

"Though... ya seemed angry through much of the match. Any reason?"

He might have misread her, after all- but such aggression in a Gym Battle seemed out of place.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 22:49:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her face doesn't fall, per se, but his answer does leave her wanting. calcifer and killian hadn't been flawless in their execution - were this a life-or-death scenario, both very well may have ended up six feet under, killian especially. the lines blur between friendly battles and war - perhaps that's it. 

her gaze slides to the gym leader. "calcifer was angry," she says, as though that answers everything. the rage she'd felt has dulled, what with her dragons resting in their pokeballs. still, her veins hum with adrenaline after the rush of battle. 

"he evolved prematurely, you know. did so to follow some rocket agents who'd kidnapped me back when i was still a councilwoman." back when had been there to rescue her.

she licks her lips. "i owe him my life. seeing him hurting is...difficult."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 20:21:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In Likeness

"All the more reason for you to not be." He said responded. If it meant that much to her, then it was on both of their best interest for her to remain as calm and still as water's surface.

He had no judgement for her previous tactics because as far as he could tell, any failings on their part were something she could figure out for herself simply by witnessing the match.

Although not particularly graceful, a blunt, forceful approach could oft found use in a match where one had a typing advantage as marked as the bout from before.

But as a trainer, she was not supposed to get swept along in her pokemon's emotions. Anger often preceded mistakes.

That, was the most important criticism he could give her.

He knew all about making mistakes due to emotion, after all.

Soon enough, the made it to the young man's office.

He placed his cap upon his desk as he rounded around it, before taking his place at the seat, a hand dragging over the other as he reclined back before gesturing towards a seat.

"Please, take a seat. I've ain't got much to say where battle's concerned." He said honestly, his true accent slipping out in the more private environment. "But I do have much to ask... and learn, from someone who's been protecting Hoenn for as long as ya."

Bingo prompt: "Blunt Force"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 16:10:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
what he doesn't know is that she has been changed. that she is inextricably tied to the rage of her dragons. that it only gives her/them strength. she has evolved and there is no disgrace in that. her head swims as these thoughts whisper about the crevices of her mind, tinged with pink. 

she admires the office and takes a seat when offered, only a bit confused before he speaks. ah. she's considered herself a relic for quite some time - living in self-isolation will do that to a person - and she's still not sure whether she wants the world to remember who she is, who she was

because, as she's told fernando several times over, the freya morningstar they both knew died months ago. 

"you know, you're not the first to ask me of something like this." she looks down at her hands. "it's been so long, oftentimes i forget i was on the council." she cocks her head. "or are you asking after my time on the field?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 21:09:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In Likeness

"I ain't surprised? It's a pretty interestin' topic, ain't it? I've read much about yer field performance..."

He had read all military after-action reports concerning the past 4 years, starting from team rocket's first landing on Hoenn. It was amazing what one could accomplish when they actually cared about the subject matter.

"But I know very little 'bout yer time in the Council." He said, before pausing and tilting his head to the side, eyes fluttering closed. "Little that can be taken at face value, anyway."

If he looked hard enough, he could find old newspapers about her actions, legislations, policies and supposed beliefs... all colored by the journalist's own political agenda, of course. The same went for any articles in the web.

"I would rather hear it from the woman 'erself." He said with a nod, smiling.

One of the Blissey from before entered the room as they spoke, wheeling in a cart with cups and beverages lain atop it.

It being Autumn, it had thoughtfully placed the Pumpkin Spice before everything else, probably hoping to dissuade the captain from attempting to load himself up with more caffeine than blood, as he usually preferred.

Graciously taking the hint, the youth nodded towards it mid-conversation, and she began preparations, offering Ms. Morningstar a silent look of askance as she did.

Bingo prompt: "Pumpkin Spice"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 15:15:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
first and now the prodigy gym leader of mauville. she wonders at his angle. black had sought her for purpose and she'd left him unsettled. how will this one be, when she takes her leave?

"please," she says, nodding toward the blissey. the battle still thrums through her veins, its heat chasing the bitter cold that threatens her edges. it will come quickly, as it always does, and she will want something warm in her hands. 

"i was never good at politicking. reminiscent of my field days, i suppose. never quite got used to all the caution tape." she flexes her fingers, looks down at her hands, nails sharpened to points and painted blue. "you must understand, my time was when avatarship was a new phenomenon.

"i wanted change faster than it came about. the a.q.u.a initiative was abbiati's idea, but one i discussed with her before she warped it to include avatars. i wanted a strike team. a black ops. i wanted to fight these monsters head-on with a group that understood loyalty. no more casualties on the battlefield."

she grimaces. mossdeep's carnage still lives in the corners of her mind.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
in likeness [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 6:47:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: