part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 10:37:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Uri has never been good at taking things slow, and that’s probably part of why he got to being twenty-four the way he is – single.
[break][break]
Mars could give him all the advice in the world, but ultimately, it’s up to him to know how to use it properly. Understanding people is not an easy thing, after all, especially with people who have a hard time letting others in.
[break][break]
Mars knows this, because it’s the way he himself is. It’s the way is.
[break][break]
”You can’t force that sort of thing though… Understanding comes with trust, and with being able to pick up on things. You’ll figure it out.”
[break][break]
With this, Mars gives him one of those oh so reassuring smiles that are so full of confidence, because even though he knows things like those aren’t easy at all, and that it specially won’t be easy for Uri, he still knows the importance of showing him that he believes in him. And he does believe in him, truly and honestly.
[break][break]
When the questions do finally come, the glass is offered once more time.
[break][break]
”If you’re gonna ask me about that, I’m gonna need another drink.” He smirks. ”...I told you about Cian, right?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
8mRshjtk
[break][break]
610/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 11:23:43 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]yeah, uriah will probably figure it out. mars' smile only reassures him, as it usually does.

"so no flowers. got it."

he chuckles, feeling tension slowly starting to lift off his shoulders. maybe the dinner will even be fun; actually, it most likely will be, knowing them.

nodding, he extends over the bottle, refilling the glass once more.

"cian...pretty boy? likes to run? i'll beat him up just say the word."

[attr="class","noodles"]xarxyXUL

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 12:17:29 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, fuck no. Not yet, at least… and definitely not if you don’t know what she likes and do your research. Some girls can be picky as shit about that sort of thing, and you’ll seem more thoughtful if you get her something that feels like it’s specific to her.”
[break][break]
He shrugs as if all this should be obvious to anyone, yet briefly, the memory of Cian getting him a single pink camellia for his birthday pops up in his mind, and as weird and complicated as things may be between them at this moment, it does make Mars smile.
[break][break]
Fuck, he really misses him.
[break][break]
He takes the glass back, and he gladly drinks about half of its content in one go.
[break][break]
”Ha! First of all, when have I needed anyone to beat people up for me? Secondly… No, it’s not like that. It’s just that we were supposed to come to the hot springs together this weekend.” A sigh.
[break][break]
Mars getting ditched by someone he likes? There sure is a first time for everything.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
R6CpRKLM
[break][break]
536/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 13:47:09 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah wonders what flowers sol likes, or if she even likes flowers at all. roses, maybe? because it matches her hair? holy shit no wonder he's single.

"you seem to be forgetting all those times where i had to save your ass."

save meaning yell and make a lot of noise to scare them off with his idiotic presence. but same thing, really.

"so you're sad he didn't show up?"

he refills his own, then takes another sip.

"i didn't know you liked him."

[attr="class","noodles"]GbJ_vKnV

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 14:38:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Save my ass? Damn, I didn’t know they made Axe that smells like delusion these days.”
[break][break]
Mars grins, obviously just teasing him.
[break][break]
Thank Arceus he has no interest in learning what scent of Axe Uriah actually wears though, and also thanks for the fact that he’d rather never find out anything about that. Maybe, the reason Sol actually doesn’t want to date Uri has to do with that, and if so, Mars really wouldn’t blame her in the slightest.
[break][break]
In some aspects, some people are just simply beyond redemption.
[break][break]
‘So you're sad he didn't show up?’
[break][break]
Ah, shit, for a second he had actually gotten distracted there.
[break][break]
”Mmm… I’d say it’s more like I’m disappointed.”
[break][break]
He’s definitely sad. Sad, disappointed, dejected, and lonely.
[break][break]
”Oh, I didn’t tell you? We actually told each other we have feelings for one another a couple of weeks ago. On my birthday.”
[break][break]
Another sip of sake.
[break][break]
Leave it to Mars to just casually deliver important information.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
mZW0zjuY
[break][break]
486/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 14:52:34 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"...it's actually called dark temptation."

not information that he should be sharing, probably, but he doesn't see what's wrong with wearing axe body spray. at least he doesn't smell that bad.

we have feelings for one another.

"what?"

this is definitely important information.

"a couple of weeks ago? what the fuck why am i only hearing about this now?"

who else has mars told? is uriah the last to hear about it? whatever. he'll get over it.

for now, he sips.

"i'll still fight him. but i guess he must've had a good reason for not showing up, huh?"

[attr="class","noodles"]fXfJUjgl

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 15:27:54 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s not that Mars purposefully kept Uri out of the loop.
[break][break]
All this is just complicated, and different, and new. And, hell… What even are they at this point? Not dating, because they never agreed to date and assuming things like those never goes well, especially with people like them. But, also acting like they date? Mars is not stupid enough to not realize how all this looks like to most people, and he has definitely gotten comments on it (particularly after some of Cian’s visits to his office).
[break][break]
Leave it to Mars to act nonchalant though. He sips his sake and shrugs.
[break][break]
”Well, you never asked. It was cute though.”
[break][break]
He never asked, because Uriah was probably too busy simping over Miss Hot Captain.
[break][break]
”You’re not fighting him. But… Yeah, guess so. He didn’t really explain when he said he had to cancel our plans. I’ll probably go talk to him when I’m back home.”
[break][break]
Home, a word Mars had definitely never used when talking about the Marzán villa in Canalave, but that comes so easily here at Hoenn.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
3XZ_nuL0
[break][break]
453/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 16:34:41 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah was definitely simping over miss hot captain. even now, his mind flutters back to earlier, to how nice it felt to hold her hand again. fuck, he's fallen.

"you sure you don't want me to fight him? i mean, who cancels without giving a good reason?"

only now does he finally set the glass down before slipping into the water. he sighs; for whatver reason, it just doesn't feel as nice.

"lemme know how the talk goes."

[attr="class","noodles"]o6jOv6Aj

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 17:31:22 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Uri, touch him and I’ll punch you.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t actually mean it… or does he?
[break][break]
Probably the latter, considering that even with how much it sucks that Cian cancelled on him and how upset he feels about it, it’s not like Mars is actually mad at Cian for it, is it?
[break][break]
Not mad, but perhaps disappointed.
[break][break]
Disappointed, hurt, and once again... lonely.
[break][break]
”You sure you want me to tell you? What if we kiss, make up, fuck, start dating, and then you just end up sad when hearing about it ‘cause you can’t even ask your hot captain on a date?”
[break][break]
With this, he grins, even though he knows he may just be making fun of Uriah to make himself feel better.
[break][break]
Then again, in a perfect world, that’s kind of how he’d like things to go.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
ROCpKyjd
[break][break]
366/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 17:42:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"alright, alright, he's safe for now."

uriah means well, really, because he's just trying his best to watch out for mars. the last thing he wants is to see his friend hurt, and it sounds like cian's in the perfect position to do just that. little bitch.

but mars' words quickly make him reconsider.

"fuck you i asked her out a few times. she said no...but i still asked, so yeah, fuck you."

[attr="class","noodles"]GyIZeN8C

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 18:05:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars knows he’s probably just being spiteful.
[break][break]
And petty.
[break][break]
And mean.
[break][break]
And taking out his frustration and annoyance on Uri when Uri doesn’t really deserve it. It probably has to do with the shots of sake and the heat – both things in combination definitely not improving his mood in the slightest.
[break][break]
He sighs, and he looks at Uriah.
[break][break]
”Sorry, man, I’m just messing with you.” A smile, because Mars doesn’t apologize often. ”You just gotta be patient with that shit, and ask when the time is right. I know it sucks to feel like she’s turning you down.”
[break][break]
Would Mars know though?
[break][break]
He’s never gone through that before.
[break][break]
There’s this weekend, but this is also different, isn’t it?
[break][break]
He hopes it is, at least.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
UWztcH4E
[break][break]
358/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 18:38:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's rare to hear mars ever apologize, so that catches him off guard. he turns, disbelieved for a moment but ultimately shrugs. it's not like him to hold a grudge anyway.

"you've never been turned down, mars."

everyone wants you.

and though he doesn't say it, it on occasion has made him feel as though no one wants him, and that he could never compare.

it definitely sucks.

with a sigh, he pushes on a button that seems to make the water even hotter.

"we'll be okay."

[attr="class","noodles"]5QI|2ngF

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 19:05:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe Mars has changed. Maybe he has grown. Maybe he’s not as prideful as he once was.
[break][break]
No, that’s not quite it, is it?
[break][break]
It’s just that he has been reminded of how easily he can lose the people in his life, and as much as he may often mess with Uri, he’s still one of Mars’ only good friends, and he values him too much to have him get upset over some stupid comment.
[break][break]
‘You've never been turned down, Mars.’
[break][break]
That much is true, and while it may make Uri feel inadequate, it reminds Mars of his own worth. Sometimes, that's all it takes...
[break][break]
Damn right. Of course he’s never been turned down, and that sure isn’t going to start now!
[break][break]
”Fuck yeah, we will. I bet soon we'll go on cute double dates together.” He grins, joking.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
BnBn01sw
[break][break]
248/1000

·
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 9:15:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]this joke's a little better. he simply groans at it, splashing water over towards mars, uncaring about how it might dilute what's left of his sake.

"you're paying, obviously."

he sips.

"hope you're ready to be the best man at my wedding. prepare a speech."

[attr="class","noodles"]FNy5nAnx

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
haunted (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 10:03:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Dude! My sake!”
[break][break]
Despite the irreparable damage just done by the water, Mars laughs, setting the glass down at the edge of the pool because he’s definitely not going to drink that now that it has hot spring water in it.
[break][break]
’Hope you're ready to be the best man at my wedding.’
[break][break]
Just like Uri had been the best man at Mars’ wedding.
[break][break]
With a sigh, he allows himself to sink a little lower in the water, the memories of that day inevitably flooding his mind. It had been a great day, and as sad as the thought of it may be, it does make him smile.
[break][break]
”Hell yeah, but don’t expect me not to throw some of your embarrassing childhood stories in there. Bet she’d love to hear those.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
EM7bm_DO
[break][break]
242/1000