awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 21:12:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the new year was once a kind welcome to freya. now, with rocket looming over hoenn, the future seems oppressive, ominous. she's been busier than ever, traveling between cities and routes and over hoenn's seas on the back of her salamence, but lyune isn't as young as he used to be. the dragon's earned some much needed rest. freya has, too. 

so her hakamo-o stands at her side, moxie ever-wrapped around her neck like a scarf. the ekans sleeps peacefully, despite the coolness in the air. freya turns up the collar of her jacket just to make sure the snake is kept warm and then she puffs her breath into her palms.

"you know what we're here for," she says to her scaled companion. aithne nods and takes the lead, muscles tensed and ready to leap at the first thing that comes across their path. 

@wild mod

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,662 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 2:45:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CYNDAQUIL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
3/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / blaze[break]
flame wheel / rollout / burn up / smokescreen / extrasensory
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 3:09:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]aithne keeps low to the ground a few lengths ahead of freya. she pulls her hood up over her head in order to hide her white hair. the last thing she wants is to ward away the safari pokemon before they even come across them. 

but it doesn't seem as though that will be an issue. aithne pounces without waiting for a command and freya blinks, quickening her steps in time to witness the dragon tussling with a rather large cyndaquil. the fire hedgehog leaps back from the fray, small mouth open in a warning hiss. it takes another step back and trods on freya's shoe, wheels around out of fright and glares up at her. 

suddenly freya's head sears with a splitting pain and she grimaces, hands flying to her face as sounds grow too loud and the light around her becomes too bright. "ai-aith," she calls through clenched teeth. the hakamo-o attacks again, this time with a flurry of fists. the close combat knocks the cyndaquil back and breaks its concentration from its extrasensory

the two go back to tussling and freya watches, brow raising as she grows more impressed with the fight in the small fire-type. she unlatches one of her safari balls. she's a dragon tamer through and through, but still she can't help but feel that she needs this pokemon.

when aithne finally breaks apart from it, chest heaving, she tosses a ball. 

@wild mod
catching cyndaquil!

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,662 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 4:32:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT CYNDAQUIL!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / blaze[break]
flame wheel / rollout / burn up / smokescreen / extrasensory
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VULPIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flash fire[break]
fire blast / safeguard / feint attack / flamethrower / disable
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 5:07:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]as she goes to scoop of the stilled safari ball, she hears a rustling to their right. aithne perks her head up, head cocking. she bares her fangs as a vulpix pads out of the underbrush, fur bristling. the hakamo-o darts forward, but freya holds up a hand. aithne doesn't stop, however, and freya calls to her sharply. 

aithne hesitates and then falls back to her trainer. the vulpix's fur settles back against its spine and it plods off, eyeing trainer and pokemon warily before turning its back and scrambling away. "you'll listen when i give a command," freya says curtly, but her tone warms as she kneels down and touches one of aithne's still-bleeding wounds. "that cyndaquil was scrappy. you need to rest after that.

let's walk for a bit. you can shake this off and we'll continue on." 

aithne looks embarrassed, but appreciation shines in her eyes as she turns and falls into step beside her trainer. 

@wild mod
catching cyndaquil!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,662 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 7:59:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SALANDIT APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / corrosion[break]
toxic / double slap / flamethrower / venoshock / fake out
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 19:16:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there's a limp to her step and freya asks her twice if she's sure she wants to continue. but she has to give the dragon credit. she shakes her head each time, fingers curling. the blood on her nose has coagulated and she walks proudly on, intent on seeing this through for her trainer. 

freya keeps her eyes open, compensating aithne's damaged sense of smell. once they pass a stream, she'll be able to wash off the blood without fear of reopening the wound. 

the tamer pauses, eyes narrowing. "aith," she breathes, kneeling down and pointing in the direction of the lizard pokemon. "i don't think it's noticed us. take advantage of that." 

and so she does. she lunges forward, claws outstretched in preparation for a deadly attack. only she's stopped in her tracks, dazed when the salandit lashes out with her tail, bright white light flicking in front of aithne's eyes. a fake out!

freya grins as the lizard scrambles away, leaving a trail of bright purple ooze in her wake. "watch out for that toxic!" freya warns. aithne totters, narrowly avoids stepping in the poison, and stumbles forward with a low roar. her outrage consumes her and she thrashes forward, a flurry of claws and bites that leave splintered wounds on the salandit's sides. freya bites her lip and resists the urge to correct her pokemon.

there will be time for notes later. besides, her overextension lands her a sharp venoshock to the face. aithne seethes, claws at the rank spray dripping off her scales, and roars.

when she goes to lash out again, freya sighs and pulls out two balls. with her first, she returns the dragon; she can only make out the look of betrayal and frustration before aeris takes her place.

"i know this isn't quite fair for you, but i hope you'll forgive me," she says to the salandit as it eyes its new opponent. aeris moves swiftly and accurately and, satisfied, freya tosses her second safari ball. 

@wild mod
catching that good good girl.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,257 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 0:55:57 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT SALANDIT!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / corrosion[break]
toxic / double slap / flamethrower / venoshock / fake out
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MANKEY APPEARS!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / defiant [break]
focus energy / karate chop / low kick / thrash
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 18:35:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]despite her recent desire to broaden her horizons and train other types of pokemon, she can't help her attraction to the scaled lizards that resemble her beloved dragons. and it's with slight disappointment with herself that she knows the salandit will make a slot on her primary team before the cyndaquil ever will.

that is, if the little spitfire decides to accept her as her trainer. aeris had seemed nonplussed by the female's haughty nature, and flicks her tail irritably. she bends her neck back to lick at a small bite the salandit had managed to get off.

her ears prick then and she turns her attention to their surroundings, signalling to freya that another wild pokemon draws near. the trees rustle and freya ducks as a wild mankey swings over their heads, screeching, and disappears before the two can do anything about it.

@wild mod
ehhhfeck urmonkey

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,662 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 5:35:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / shell armor[break]
flamethrower / iron defense / shell smash / dragon pulse / head smash
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
basalt [safari]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 1:11:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]aeris chuffs out a laugh at the look on freya's face. the silver-haired girl blinks a couple of times, rights her frayed nerves, and laughs. the forest echoes her laughter and she inhales deeply, smiling to herself. 

aeris waits patiently, basking in the sunlight that dapples between the safari zone's greenery. winter is still upon hoenn, but there are signs of life sprouting from the ground. small buds on the trees ripen with each passing day. freya considers the fact that all of the fire pokemon being here is probably helping the forest liven so quickly. 

she draws this conclusion just as she smells smoke. alarmed, she shares a glance with aeris and takes off in the direction of the smell. the two come to a clearing where a large dragon-turtle pokemon spits fire at a group of mankeys. she spots the very same mankey that had whizzed by them before. 

aeris is tense, but she waits to see what freya wishes to do. and when her trainer says nothing, the dragon settles back. the two watch the group together. it doesn't take long for freya to piece together that this is a territorial dispute. from the looks of it, the turtonator has either been run out of other territories or these mankey have really done a number on it. 

she believes it to be the latter when a powerful flamethrower sends two of the group packing. still, the others whack at it mercilessly and eventually the turtonator turns tail, head sinking back into its shell, and nearly rams right into them. 

freya bites her lip as it stares at the two of them. aeris watches as she reaches not for the last remaining safari ball on her belt, but at the potions she keeps in a pouch at her side. she sprays the pokemon down when it allows her and apologizes softly for the mess it had found itself in.

when she goes to put her potions away, her fingers slip and her belongings crash to the ground. with a sigh, she leans down and starts to gather them. only she's startled by the unclasping of a pokeball and the bright red light that surrounds the turtonator. 

gross

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga