burning up (sauna)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 15:07:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
when's the last time rory had time off work, let alone a getaway? he can't seem to remember. probably before school, so around twenty-years ago? has it really been that long?

the thought lingers on his mind even as he steps into the room. he sighs, unable to guide his mind away from work even at the sight of something that's meant to be relaxing.

baby steps, he supposes.

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 16:25:20 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa had left her son to his own devices, gallivanting around the resort they were staying at. "Mother's treat," as she had called it, before letting him wander off to hang out with the other kids visiting that were his age.

As she sits in the warm waters for the second time this trip, she closes her eyes and exhales, watching her breath blow billows of steam around and away from her face.

Her eyes focus in on a man entering the spa area, and her brows perk as she watches the recognizable face. "Doctor Mclain." Willa drawls, leaning her cheek into the palm of her hand. "What a surprise."

g|d3bfHx

992/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 16:53:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
it definitely is a surprise.

"oh! sorry, willa. had no idea you were in here."

he takes a few steps forward, almost cautious as he approaches with a friendly smile. his hand reaches towards the towel around his waist, holding it to ensure it doesn't accidentally slip.

"would you like some company?"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 16:58:17 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa smiles back and gestures to the water, shrugging a bit with the hand that's cupping her cheek. "Of course, you're always welcome to keep me company." She nods.

She actually got on quite well with the good doctor - he's stitched her up well enough to hide from her son plenty of times. "Taking some time off?" She asks, playing with the water a bit. She inspects her nails as she speaks, before letting her eyes rest on his again.

chJLNfQq

985/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 17:02:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the invitation is easily accepted. he closes the distance, slow as he slips into the water that soon comes up to his chest. the warmth starts to massage away the tension he carries, not a lot, but perhaps enough.

"trying to. i can't seem to relax very well."

chuckling, he tilts his head over, meeting her gaze.

"and yourself?"

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 17:05:54 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
"Same, for the most part. I brought my son, to be around kids his own age. He promptly left me to hang out with them, so here I am. Alone." She pauses, then smiles a little bit at Rory.

"Well, I was. Not anymore; which I'm thankful for." She nods a bit and lowers her hand from her cheek, drawing it through the water. "Why are you having trouble relaxing?" Willa asks curiously, peering at him. "Work?"

mwznRX53

923/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 18:57:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory chuckles, gentle as he returns her smile.

"kids can be brutal. i'm sorry he abandoned you."

at her question, he nods, watching how she draws her hand through the water. it's oddly soothing.

"i've never been able to, really. i always feel like i should be back there, helping, instead of, well, anywhere else."

then, his gaze lifts to meet hers.

"any pointers?"

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 21:32:24 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa sighs, her brows furrowing a bit as she thinks about it for a moment. "Well... Things that work for me might not work for you." She laughs softly and shrugs. "A nice glass of wine, something about an old vinyl and a late night breeze gets to me... Eating a good meal..." She thinks a bit harder. "Less... appropriate things."

Willa laughs a bit then and dances her fingers over the water, watching the droplets make ripples in the surface. "What would you tell one of your patients who needs to take it easy? Think of yourself as a patient. Self-care is just as important. If you're not at your best, you can't give your best."

5Rsyd|6x

849/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 8:34:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory returns the laugh with ease.

"all those sound really pleasant."

his own hand sifts through the water, gentle in the way he makes it ripple.

"i suppose something similar to what you're telling me: that self-care is important and that i should try and prioritize it more."

still, it's difficult.

"i might have to try listening to an old vinyl over a good meal."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:31:38 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa nods and watches him this time, eyeing the ripples he makes in the water as he agrees with her, before smiling softly at the way he takes her suggestion about the music and food.

"Well, you know how to find me if you ever need some company for a meal and some music." She laughs, then. Soft and amused as she rests her chin into the palm of her hand again. "Or some suggestions on good records." She winks.

5MDIUtC6

774/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:42:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
should he ever find time to...

"i'll take you up on that eventually."

but her words echo in his head: self-care is just as important. it could do him no harm, surely.

"all we'd be missing is a late night breeze."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 20:21:14 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Her eyes are hazy from the warmth and the pleasant conversation, but she nods.

"I'm sure we can arrange it on a nice summer night." She laughs softly. "Or just have a pokemon use gust - lightly - every once in a while." Willa jokes, smirking at him.

FS8DfE5X

710/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 5:36:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
slowly, he starts to relax, finding comfort in the conversation, the warmth, and her company.

"sounds like a fun time."

the smirk is mirrored.

"we could always have it at my place. the balcony's rather nice; breezy, too."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 10:40:06 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa tilts her head, eyeing Rory with piqued interest, now.

"This is sounding more like a date, now." She points out what she feels is rather obvious, but doesn’t reject the offer. "I enjoy a good balcony."

qz3fXtle

703/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
burning up (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 13:45:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"is it?"

it is rather obvious, that much is evident by the expression he wears. after a soft chuckle, he meets her gaze, smirk still lingering.

"you're always welcome over."