uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:25:49 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]where her smile is faint, his is more prominent and warm. he stands as well, gesturing towards a random direction because he's not too sure which way they're meant to be going. probably left?

briefly, he thinks of reaching out to hold her hand again. his eyes even drift down, but it soon shifts away.

"cool. lead the way."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 16:15:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Right. They’re going right.
[break][break]
Watching him gesture, she raises an eyebrow, and then with no more than a slight smirk, she turns away and starts walking towards their destination.
[break][break]
She thinks he may reach for her hand, since it feels like the sort of thing he would do, but he doesn’t and she’s thankful for it…
[break][break]
...But also isn’t?
[break][break]
It’s a silly thought and she knows as much, since doing things like those would be no good, and yet she does think back to holding hands back at the hot spring, and to how she hadn’t minded that at all.
[break][break]
”Do you like the beach?”
[break][break]
This all would sure suck if he doesn’t, wouldn’t it?

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 16:57:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it really would suck if he doesn't, but thankfully, he nods.

"it reminds me of canalave. we used to spend our weekends just chilling at the beach. it was...nice."

i miss it.

simpler times, really, for all he had to worry about then was what was going to be for dinner.

again, his gaze drifts down to her hand, though it shifts back up to look at her.

"is that why you moved to mossdeep? it has a pretty nice beach. fit for yelling at your soldiers."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 17:18:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, that sounds nice. I bet you must miss it a lot.”
[break][break]
Of course he does. People always miss the town they grew up in once they leave, don’t they?
[break][break]
Not Sol though… Sol doesn’t really have a hometown to miss.
[break][break]
Her hands move to rest within her pockets, away from where he can hold them.
[break][break]
“Ha, very funny.” Naturally, her tone when saying this is dry and sarcastic. ”The beach was a part of it, yeah, but it’s also where I was born...I don’t really remember it from back then, though. We moved when I was a toddler.”
[break][break]
Why is she telling him all this?
[break][break]
She doesn’t tell most people this sort of thing.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 17:45:39 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"sometimes. i miss the memory more than anything."

going back just wouldn't be the same now. too much has changed. but it's best to leave it at that.

it's only after her answer that he realizes he actually knows very little about her. he doesn't even know where she grew up.

the curiosity behind his question is genuine.

"where did you move to?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 18:07:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”I guess that makes sense... Do you plan on ever going back to Canalave?”
[break][break]
For most people, it must be strange to suddenly move to a new region and leave most things they know behind, Sol has been told as much plenty of times.
[break][break]
For most people, things like those aren’t a lifelong routine.
[break][break]
How long will it be until she leaves Mossdeep?
[break][break]
”Slateport, I think? We moved around every few years when I was a kid… part of being an army brat and all.” She shrugs dismissively, being used to giving explanations like these.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 18:47:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"maybe on a holiday or something, but i think i'll be here a while."

not that he minds, of course, as he's taken a particular liking to hoenn recently.

"so...another beach."

he chuckles softly, slowing a little to avoid walking into people going the other way. when he catches back up, he's looking at her as he comments:

"i didn't know your dad was in the army."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 19:22:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha… Guess maybe you’re meant to always be by the beach. Slateport’s isn’t as nice as this one though.”
[break][break]
It isn’t, and that’s probably why Lilycove is the one tourists prefer out of the two of them. Mossdeep is still better though, maybe it will always be better.
[break][break][break]
With his next words, she looks at him, and there is no surprise in her expression.
[break][break]
”Oh. That’s probably because we don’t have the same surname, I bet you’ve seen him among pictures of higher ups. Though... Knowing you, you wouldn’t have noticed even if they listed him as being my dad.” She smirks, chuckling.
[break][break]
The higher ups.
[break][break]
People sometimes have stranger reactions to that part.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 19:36:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]briefly, he thinks back to the few pictures he must have seen before, trying to remember anyone who looks relatively similar to her.

"does he have red hair like you?"

probably. probably not. either way, it doesn't make a difference because he doesn't remember shit.

her words, along with her smirk, only make him pout.

"and hey what's that supposed to mean? i'm observant as fuck."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 1:12:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The chuckle from before comes with repetition, because how could it not when he reacts like that?
[break][break]
She looks at him, gaze meeting his, and for a passing second, she can’t help but think of how cute it is to see him pouting.
[break][break]
That thought goes away all too quickly though, Sol’s smirk remaining.
[break][break]
Observant as fuck, huh? Believe me, you really don’t want to put that to the test.”
[break][break]
She knows she’s being cruel, but thankfully, the food truck appears in her line of sight with perfect timing.
[break][break]
”Here we go. Best tacos in all of Lilycove.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 5:12:57 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"try me."

maybe he shouldn't have said that because he definitely doesn't notice the really obvious food truck until they're already in front of it. he looks up at it, glancing at the menu.

"oh. not sure how i missed the giant truck."

yes, he does: it's because he was distracted by her.

he turns to look at her.

"what do you recommend?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 6:08:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Try me.’
[break][break]
Leave it to Uri to immediately prove her right before she can even respond. Typical.
[break][break
Sol rolls her eyes at this, but there’s a quiet chuckle with it – shaking her head before turning her attention to the menu as well.
[break][break][break]
”Hmm… Depends on what you like? Fish tacos? Chicken? If you like pork, carnitas are pretty good. I usually go for carne asada.”
[break][break]
A second after saying that, she wonders if he’ll say that he wants to try what she likes, that little voice in her head being ever-ready to ring bells of alarm.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 7:01:45 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i like most things, really. i'm not a picky eater."

as she might've been able to tell by his love for cheap hotdogs drenched in ketchup and mustard. despite having a pretty good sense of taste, he often resorts to comfort food.

after scanning over the menu, he decides on what he wants.

"i'll try the carne asada. it sounds good."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 9:14:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Hmm… Most people say that until they find something they’re not willing to try.”
[break][break]
Then again, she knows Uriah’s not a picky eater, or else he wouldn’t have liked those hot dogs at the museum so much.
[break][break]
Or enjoy cheap beer.
[break][break]
’I'll try the carne asada.’
[break][break]
So, she was right, but on the bright side at least there’s no corny comments to come with that.
[break][break]
”Good choice, I’ll go order for us.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 9:27:38 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]there isn't much uri isn't willing to try, to be honest. even something horrible like insects he'd try at least once, just so he can say he has.

"i'll go get us a table."

which isn't hard, really, as there are a few set up around the food truck. he decides on one that's a bit further off, enough that it's set up on the beach.

he sits, exhaling as he peers out at the waves, enjoying the moment.

so far, so good.

[attr="class","noodles"]