uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 14:13:58 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]her smirk is met with a pout that's mostly feigned and exaggerated. he looks away to further sell it, but there's no denying the warmth he feels at her next few words.

it affirms what he already thought but could never quite tell for sure.

"cool. guess we're in no rush, then."

so he leans back into the chair, sighs, and peers out at the view, remembering the moment.

a few things linger on his mind, the most prominent one being what she just said.

uri, but uriah.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:16:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He pouts, and it’s cute, even if it’s mostly him faking it and exaggerating. It makes her roll her yes, but the smirk remains all the same, Sol soon finding herself in no rush after hearing the next thing he has to say:
[break][break]
’Cool. Guess we're in no rush, then.’
[break][break]
Are they really not?
[break][break]
What will they even do?
[break][break]
At this point she realizes she doesn’t really care, so she also turns to look at the beach, a faint smile tugging at her lips.
[break][break]
”Guess so. Oh… By the way, did you end up meeting up with your friend the other day?”
[break][break]
At the hot spring. After they had ended up locked up together by accident. After she turned him down.
[break][break]
The thought of that doesn't cross Sol's mind.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:32:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it takes uri a moment to realize what she's talking about but when he does, he finds it oddly sweet that she remembers. a warm smile tugs at his lips as he nods.

"yeah we just chilled for a bit and grabbed some food after. he was a bit upset about what happened but we're good."

and now here he is, spending time with miss hot captain

"what'd you get up to after i left?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:51:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Sounds like fun, I’m glad he wasn’t too upset.”
[break][break]
Would she had been upset if someone did something like that to her? Probably, because while Sol may not care about most things, she does care about people going against their word and their promises. Especially the people she considers her friends and has allowed to her.
[break][break]
Still, it’s not like it was Uri’s fault, was it? Even if Uri gave up on opening the door within about five seconds.
[break][break]
Typical.
[break][break]
”Not much, just met up with a couple of friends. The hot springs were so crowded that day… it was kind of annoying.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:01:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]all it takes is five seconds to know better than to waste his time and energy, so in a way, isn't that a good thing? he certainly thinks so, even if he doesn't say so.

"not a fan of crowds?"

he looks over, inquiring.

"i think the highlight of my trip was getting locked in that room with you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:24:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Not a fan of crowds?’
[break][break]
This should be obvious just by looking around and when judging by experience, but as has clearly been established between them: Uri is not very observant, is he?
[break][break]
So, Sol does him the favour of pointing it out clearly:
[break][break]
”Uri, when have you ever seen me in a crowd other than at work? Even then I avoid them. Just look around.”
[break][break]
Around at the nearly empty beach. Around at this day that most people wouldn’t consider the best kind of day to spend at the beach.
[break][break]
’I think the highlight of my trip was getting locked in that room with you.’
[break][break]
At this, she looks at him.
[break][break]
”Yeah? Maybe I should tell your friend you said that. I wonder what he'd say.” She smirks.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:39:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]huh. he never realized how she avoids them but now that she says it, it all starts to make sense. the gears in his head turn slowly.

"...you have a point."

maybe he isn't as observant as he thinks he is.

"he'd understand, i'm sure."

the bottles of beer remain on the table between them, getting warmer with every second. he doesn't reach for it, however, as he's enjoying the conversation between them.

"come on, sol! surely you enjoyed it too. it was just us; no crowds."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:58:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He really hadn’t considered it until now, huh?
[break][break]
But, at least he will consider it now.
[break][break]
When he insists about the hot spring, she can’t help but a short chuckle, raising an eyebrow as she looks at him. ”The plan had been for it to be just me; no crowds, no one else. Then you ruined that for me.”
[break][break]
It’s the truth, but it also isn’t the entire truth about this.
[break][break]
She’s not trying to make him feel guilty. Well… maybe just a little guilty, if only for a second there.
[break][break]
”I did enjoy it though, yeah.”
[break][break]
This also is true.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:48:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]regardless of her intentions, guilt washes over him for a few seconds because, again, he didn't consider how she might have preferred to be alone.

but it fades at her response almost too easily as he smirks, deciding to tease her by leaning a little closer and asking:

"yeah? was it the hand-holding?"

because that's one of his favorite moments.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:41:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

She had intended to be alone.
[break][break]
It was the whole reason she had booked that room at the hot springs, but in the end, spending time with him had been much more enjoyable than what being alone would have been.
[break][break]
Sol won’t tell him this, of course, because it would probably only go to his head, but it’s what she thinks.
[break][break]
She smirks at him.
[break][break]
”No, it was the part where I forced you to stay quiet.”
[break][break]
Which included the hand-holding.
[break][break]
”That part was nice too though.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:56:48 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uri laughs, shaking his head.

"all six minutes of it?"

it was definitely more than six minutes but he wasn't keeping track, too lost in the moment and the warmth that came from holding her hand.

her admittance is all he needs to extend a hand out towards her, still smirking.

"we can do it again, you know, if you want to."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 20:14:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”...You don’t really believe it was just six minutes, right?”
[break][break]
Had he not realized?
[break][break]
How could he not realize?
[break][break]
It’s kind of adorable, and it makes her smile, even if she soon finds herself looking at his extended hand. She considers taking it, but that little voice in her head makes itself heard one more time.
[break][break]
So, Sol reaches for him, almost as if she really will hold his hand, but instead of doing so, she pinches the tip of one of his fingers. Hard. Then, she lets go, looking at him in the eyes.
[break][break]
”Wanna go for a walk along the shore?”
[break][break]
She still smiles.
[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 20:21:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uri watches her, heart fluttering a little when she extends her hand over, naively expecting her to reach for his. the pinch wakes him right up as he pulls his hand away, flopping it around in the air as if it'd lessen the pain of her pinch.

"mean, but sure."

he pouts but stands all the same. he looks over at her, ready to start their walk.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 23:37:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He shouldn’t have been so naive.
[break][break]
It makes Sol laugh, if only so lightly and for a short second, no remorse showing in her expression even when he calls her “mean”.
[break][break]
He’s not wrong, after all, but he definitely shouldn’t have been so naive.
[break][break][break]
”You’re so whiny. Let’s go, your finger will be fine.”
[break][break]
Once more, there’s a smirk, Sol standing and taking her bottle of water with her.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 4:07:28 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i'm not whiny."

yes, he is.

uri turns back around for a quick moment if only to quickly gather up their plates before throwing them into the trash off to the side. he takes his bottle of water with him, too, and turns to sol with a smile.

and so they start their walk.

[attr="class","noodles"]