taco

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 10:17:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

In truth, there isn’t much about this that resembles “casually going out for dinner with a friend” and while it is something that Sol thinks about as she orders their food, it definitely isn’t something she’ll share with Uriah.
[break][break]
It’s complicated, and it’s different.
[break][break][break]
And, honestly, Sol doesn’t know how to feel about it.
[break][break]
”At least it’s quiet today, usually there’s a line.”
[break][break]
When she approaches, she sounds pleased, even if there’s no smile to come with it. The food is placed on the table and she takes a seat, one leg crossing over the other.
[break][break]
She takes her time with things, as Sol always does – rarely ever being in a rush.
[break][break]
”Hope you like them.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 14:50:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]her voice draws him away from the beach and the waves; not that he minds, of course.

"that was quick."

just their luck. he wastes no time and immediately takes a bite.

"holy—one sec."

and then another. and another. and another.

"fuck, this is good. how's yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 15:41:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

By the time he has eaten about half of one of his taco, she has only taken a single bite, savouring it and enjoying the different tastes as she watches him quite literally gulp down his meal.
[break][break]
Well, at least it seems as if he liked it a lot. He even says so too, and honestly, Sol finds herself happy to hear those words.
[break][break]
”It’s good, yeah. Do you always eat this fast?” A smirk and then simply another bite, easily returning her attention to her food, yet still glancing at him from time to time.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 16:25:50 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i should probably slow down a bit, huh? to try and savor it more."

not just the food, but also the moment. what happens after they're both done with their food? will they just call it a day and part ways? fuck. he shouldn't be worrying too much about it.

oh shit. he hasn't slowed down at all. there's about a fourth of the taco left by the time he remembers to.

"i guess it's a good skill to have for the military."

chuckling, he reaches for a napkin.

he's not a messy eater by any means; it's actually quite impressive how little he spills for how fast he eats.

"you thirsty? we walked by a stall selling drinks earlier."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 16:49:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Probably. It’s not like there’s a need to rush…”
[break][break]
She wants to enjoy her food, and she wants to enjoy the moment.
[break][break]
There’s no way of knowing what will happen after they’re done eating, after all.
[break][break]
But... What does she even want?
[break][break]
Should they call it a day and part ways? Should they sit and chat a little longer?
[break][break]
She tries not to think about the ‘what if's' and instead just enjoy herself, taking another bite from her taco just as he talks about how eating fast is a good skill to have for the military…
[break][break]
Right, because that’s obviously the most important skill to have.
[break][break]
Still, she chuckles oh so lightly, looking at him.
[break][break]
”Oh, that would be nice, yeah.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 17:06:25 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]as much as he'd like to just finish off what remains of his taco, he'll save it for when he gets back later. call it a treat, or whatever.

"gotcha. one mango janga blasta smoothie coming right up."

and so he slips out of his seat, turning away to walk back the way they came to go buy them some drinks. what drinks exactly, they're about to find out.

a few minutes pass before he returns with beer and water. he places the bottles down on the table before sitting back down.

"they ran out, sadly, so all i could get was this."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 17:33:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mango janga blasta smoothie.
[break][break]
Sol has no idea what that is, but it sounds nice, even if it also sounds like Uriah totally just made it up.
[break][break]
She almost finds herself looking forward to it when he leaves to buy their drinks…
[break][break]
And good thing it was ’almost’, because he also almost disappoints her.
[break][break]
Beer and water.
[break][break]
Okay, she can deal with that.
[break][break]
”Oh. Disappointing.
[break][break]
Naturally, she teases him regardless, taking one of the bottles of water and opening it.
[break][break]
”Is this what you expected, by the way?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 18:19:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]disappointing.

ouch. they ran out, okay? he would've definitely gotten the drink he had made up.

he looks up at her question.

"what, dinner?"

not bothering with a drink, he quickly bites down what remains of his taco and swallows it in no time.

"not really, but this is just as nice. even nicer, i'd argue, as we have a great view right here."

a great view to eventually watch the sunset, too, if they stay that long.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 18:46:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Yes, dinner.”
[break][break]
While he elaborates on his response, she continues to enjoy her food, about half of her taco being left by the time Uriah is done with his own.
[break][break]
’Even nicer, I'd argue.’
[break][break]
Is it nicer than what he had imagined? How?
[break][break]
She doesn’t ask, because she agrees: it is nice.
[break][break]
While faintly so, it makes her smile.
[break][break]
”Yeah… it’s nice. I’m glad we came here today, I hadn’t been in a while.”
[break][break]
The beach? Lilycove? The taco stand?
[break][break]
Who knows, Sol’s often too busy for all of the above.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 19:53:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's nicer because nothing feels forced nor does it ever feel uncomfortable. it feels natural, and he's grateful for that.

as vague as her answer may be, he assumes she means the taco stand. it must be difficult for her to find time between everything else she does, so he nods, trying his best to understand.

and then, he asks a question that's been on his mind:

"alright be honest, sol. were you looking forward to it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 5:48:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Alright, be honest, Sol. Were you looking forward to it?’
[break][break]
Why this so suddenly?
[break][break]
She pauses, putting her taco down as her gaze fixes on him.
[break][break]
She knows what he probably wants her to say, what would make him happy to hear her and, and she also knows exactly what she should say in order to finally put an end to all those things he expects of her. Can she do either of those things though? Would it be right?
[break][break]
In the end, Sol will always favour the truth above all else…
[break][break]
”Why wouldn’t I? I enjoy spending time with you.”
[break][break]
This is the truth, even if said without a hint of a smile.
[break][break]
”I did have my worries though.”
[break][break]
This is also true.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 9:56:27 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]i enjoy spending time with you.

it makes him glad to hear that it isn't just one-sided. he smiles, more relieved than anything at her response. curiosity does rise, however, at her second comment.

only now does he reach for his water, twisting the cap open before taking a quick sip.

"yeah? like what?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 11:19:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Of course he would ask.
[break][break]
But, telling him would only make this awkward, wouldn’t it?
[break][break]
It’s something they should talk about, but there’s also a part of her that wouldn’t want to make Uriah feel bad.
[break][break]
Why, though? Because they’re friends?
[break][break]
Sol is usually a blunt person, even with her closest friends...
[break][break]
She turns away to take a sip from her bottle, considering her answer for a few seconds. When it finally comes, it’s a simple one, and she looks at the distant waves instead of looking at him.
[break][break]
”Because you shouldn’t expect anything from me, and things like these can make people expect things.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 12:04:45 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]her answer is met with a simple nod as his gaze remains fixed on her.

after a moment, he chuckles.

"sounds complicated."

too complicated, even, but he shrugs.

"i enjoy spending time with you too, sol, and i'm glad you invited me here."

on a dinner that she owed him, but he digresses. it's the thought and the sentiment behind it that counts and it's what he chooses to focus on.

"i really like your company."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 12:58:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Sounds complicated.’
[break][break]
Is it?
[break][break]
It’s simple enough in Sol’s opinion, but maybe she hadn’t explained herself well. Maybe Uriah doesn’t understand. Maybe he doesn’t want to understand…
[break][break][break]
She brushes the matter aside for now, and at his next words, she looks at him, tilting her head just so slightly.
[break][break]
”I owed it to you, remember?”
[break][break]
She smirks, and yet she knows what he means. She’s glad too. So far, it has been a nice afternoon.
[break][break]
”I like your company too, Uri.”
[break][break]
Uri.
[break][break]
Has she even called him that since the night they spent together? Sol hadn't thought about it before, but now it does make her wonder.

[BREAK][BREAK]