KILL YOUR FEARS

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
I HAVE FAILED A MILLION TIMES. WHAT'S ONE MORE?
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 0:12:29 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

the forest proves daunting for young esser. navigating through the controlled foliage is a bigger task than she imagined. scaling the ladder proves just as treacherous. one wrong footing is all it takes to plummet several stories. for the average person, the safeguards prove sufficient. but esser is different. when there's a will, there's a way, and subconsciously she want to do nothing more then to fall to her demise. it beats fighting her fears.

nerves keep her outside the gym. hesitantly, she peers into dimly lit building. she has no intention to challenge the leader. no, she's here to investigate, to scope out their future competition. there's no doubt in her mind that they'll become an obstacle to silas' ambition. and, as his most dedicated retainer, she cannot let that happen. they will be prepared.

he will conquer.

but that will come later. now is the time to build. emboldened by what seems to be an empty gym, esser silently enters. little does she know that she's far from alone.

@benny
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 2:21:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Young Esser, really didn't know how wrong she was. In this world, you are never truly alone. But in this case, it was much more literal.

For moments after the young woman's entry into the building, the whole building came to life. The dimmed lights shined brightly to reveal a large flying type sanctuary. Near the battle arena, was a large tree where flying type Pokemon of all kinds were perched on its many branches. A few of the bird like pokemon started to let out cries at the light and noticed the young woman. And eerily enough all of them stopped when one notice young Esser.

it was now eerily silent.

That is until a man clocked in green started to stir awake on one of the many branches of the tree. The young man sat up fully and looked around frazzled by his nap being interrupted. But suddenly, when his sleepy forest green eyes spotted the young woman they shined brightly with excitement. And he jumped off of his high perch.

While halfway down the incredibly tall tree a Togekiss flew down from the highest perch. And suddenly, the Jubilee Pokemon catches him in the air. After a short flight from the bottom of the tree to the nearby battle arena. The Togekiss dropped the young ginger on the other side from the young Esser.

The young ginger flips his orange bangs to the side to get a better look at the young woman. She was young. That was easy to tell, so was the fact that she looked uneasy and tense. The young man smiled softly at her and give her a small wave of his hand.

"Greetings, I am Benny Lachat, the Gym Leader of Fortree City." Benny introduced himself to the young woman. "Are you here for a battle, or do you have a flying type you can't take care of anymore?"

ESSER BLACK WELL
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 2:47:27 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

esser is caught eyes wild in absolute panic. the sudden lights scare her half to death. what a cruel prank. now she's frozen, realizing that she's bitten off way too much to chew. the silence only draws it out. regret starts to surface, boiling into a million different fantasies of throwing herself off from one of fortree's canopies.

but it's too late. she's already gathered his attention. he comes forward in a showy display of skill and grace, something that esser has no hope in matching. the only thing she can do is bite her lower lip in protest, feeling skin peel away under the force of sharp teeth. she just wants to shrink away but she can't.

it's too late.

"hello, benny." she almost chokes on her own words. "i'm here to challenge the gym." a well of devotion is what steers her lie. she can do this if it's for him. it always is, and she always does. the trembles start to disappear.

being esser is suffering.

@benny
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 3:29:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benny came out to have a good time and he's honestly feeling so happy right now.

Benny had a bright smile as the young woman nervously spoke. Trying to encourage her timid spirit. Benny's blood started to boil with excitement as she asked him for a battle. The ginger's smile brightens even more somehow. "Awesome!" Benny let out excitedly with a fist pump

Suddenly, from the tree, specifically, where Benny was napping just moments ago, a small archen crawled out of the tree and made its way to the arena. The small archen looked to the ginger with expecting eyes. Benny pretended not to notice the small prehistoric bird. That is until the Small Archen screamed at him. Benny let out a laugh at the living fossil's cry for attention. "Fine, fine, Archibald, you can have your first battle today." Benny let out cheerfully. As he finished those words the Archen let out a happy screech and ran onto his side of the battlefield, ready and raring to go.

"Alright, Young lady, I give you the first move," The young man said in good nature. He has high hopes for this young lady. He has high hopes for everybody but especially this young woman in front of him.

Even now her trembles start to fade.

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 4:20:10 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

vigor is mistaken for aggression. his raw energy is comparable to the bloodlust that seeps into every rocket gathering. this is hopeless; he's going to cream her. what esser can only interpret as preemptive gloating cements the murder of her self esteem. oh well, might as well get it over with.

an exotic prehistoric pokemon is the first one to come out. amazing. how can she hope to compare? against someone who's survived millions of years, esser is lucky to last minutes. still, she has to fight. her only answer is an eevee, one of six that line the pokeballs that line her waist line.

no name comes out in a sparkle of light. the only remarkable thing about the otherwise plain pokemon is how that battle will reflect its entrance; it'll be over in a flash.

"tackle."

there's no grandstanding. just simple, fundamental basics. they should at least be able to do that, right? sure enough, no name bounds forward. the little eevee charges in a straight line, patiently running across the entire field at a mediocre pace. all this to just throw itself at the opponent.

@benny
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 5:06:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benny mistook passivity as confidence. Benny is often used to the quiet confidence of trainers who enter his gym. Trainers often enter with a purpose and a reason. And Benny is pretty sure this girl has one like everybody else. So Benny will give her his all!

When the girl unleashed her first pokemon, Benny expected a name. But one didn't come up. Just Eevee. How strange. But the Eevee seemed intent to listen to the girl's command as she commanded it to tackle Archibald. Benny ignored the strange feeling in his gut and replace it with excitement. Archibald readied himself and took the attack head-on. When the tackle connected, Archibald reeled back a little with a grunt but was otherwise fine and shrug off the tackle.

With an excited smirk, Benny let out a loud command, "Archibald, use Acrobatics!" As if on cue the Archen started to jump wildly in the air until it tried to slam its body into the Eevee.

Things are heating up now!

ESSER BLACK WELL
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 5:46:34 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

wow! maybe she has a chance. archen didn't seem to pull out any strange or elaborate moves. no name's attack even connected! kind of. meeting the rock pokemon's exterior in a physical match up was a big mistake. soft flesh against rough stone proved detrimental to their cause. just because archibald seemed to shrug it off didn't mean no name would be so lucky. the poor eevee was sent stumbling back due to recoil. a meek whimper escapes the eevee's lips, doubling over in pain.

now it was their turn. "shake if off," she pleads. it's too late! jumping to and fro proves too much for them to handle. no name can't keep up, still dizzied from his earlier attack. and, without much resistance, archibald showed off an incredible display of ACROBATICS, pulverizing no name. just like that, no name was down for the count.

"get up," esser whispered. no way they lost that fast! yet, such a sight wasn't uncommon for them. which begs the question; what's more fragile? esser's self-confidence or her pokemon?

@benny
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 18:13:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Oh jeez.

Benny didn't expect Archibald to knock out the poor Eevee so quickly. Benny was expecting more from the nameless Eevee. But he guessed it must still be rather young and learning, or its trainer is incompetent. Archibald looked rather proud of himself for the easy first win. Benny simply watched the girl's reaction. He is now seeing the fractures in her confidence. She wasn't silently confidant, she was scared. How could he be so blind to such fragility?

She wasn't ready. Not yet.

"Archibald, that's enough. You can go back to sleep." Benny commanded the small Archen who look surprised by the command but it simply let out a cry and ran and climb up the tree to his original resting spot. "That was your best, wasn't it?" Benny asked bluntly to the girl.

"If it is, I recommend you train, I will not waste mine and most importantly your time and confidence by just beating your pokemon senseless, they deserve better than that," Benny said bluntly. His stare went from casual to heavy. He wasn't glaring but he wanted his stare to still carry weight.

ESSER BLACK WELL

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
KILL YOUR FEARS
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2018 5:31:46 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

she wants to deny it, to lie through her teeth that she's capable of something more. they both know that's a lie but she can't help but feel an annoyed stubbornness in the face of such a frank assessment. her grimace eventually shrinks and so does no name, vanishing from sight and back into the recluse of his pokeball. once he's safe, her arm goes limp, sulking at her side with the ball barely being kept between her sweaty fingers.

"i'm sorry."

he's not wrong. that's her final verdict, uncontested, and even less of a retort. "i'm sorry." whether it be back home, or here on the field, the sentiment is the same; 'you're a waste of time and one i will not bother with'. the burden of their battle is gone but the stress never leaves. a deep breath cannot free her of this ailment. her chest heaves and she's barely holding on.

"i'm sorry."

she repeats it for sincerity-- well practiced as parting words.

@benny