THE BLACKWELL STEPPING STONE

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
I HAVE FAILED A MILLION TIMES. WHAT'S ONE MORE?
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2018 2:13:46 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

PLOTTER

disclaimer: i am garbage

hi, welcome to esser blackwell. here's a quick tl;dr:
  • rocket boss little sister
  • can't fight out of a paper bag
  • personality of a paper bag
  • secret yandere

my little headcanon is that she is the grunt of grunts. she knows of every rocket and serves as the resident slave maid whenever the boss is busy. all the while, she keeps a little death note which keeps track of how likely they are to betray team rocket, their weaknesses, and how she'll murderize them if they turn.

anyone who harms the boss or his plans will turn her into @jing  except she might actually win.

that's about it since i'm not very creative and super boring. i'm pretty open to a lot of stuff but her personality closes a lot of doors. would be nice to have a redemption arc where enough people / interaction teaches her to become her own person but that'll legit take forever and millions of threads unless you can get silas to break her heart.

i guess there's also training to become competent. i'd like that to be through exposure and not directly taught, if that works.

uh, uh, uh, and maybe since she does all the bitch work she has to network for team rocket? scoping out places and making deals idk. anything boring that requires more than a grunt but less than one of those cool underbosses. be sure to check them out as well. thanks for reading. xoxo.

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 21:10:22 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
UNCLE DESMOND IS HERE??

my old geezer has been with rocket since daddy blackwell was living and breathing. he handles some of the mad science and has likely been around esser for as long as she has been the "grunt of grunts," within the organization. he's (probably) one of the few people in the higher ranks of rocket to have survived the transfer of leadership. I think they'd get along well. anyway, I'm rambling. tell me what you think!

I was also too lazy to snag a template.
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2018 5:44:28 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

oooo this is super interesting.

so there'd definitely be some familiarity with him just due to their history. how that functions now after the change in power is up to you. although esser is entirely in the silas camp, she has no ill will toward her father. i plan to have her meet her father... eventually.

desmond would probably be a little more trusted just because he's been with them for so long, but that also depends how loyal he was to papa blackwell as well. if there's anyone that would be the open confidant, it'd be desmond.

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 6:43:09 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar

Desmond's in Camp Silas' as well, so I think everything will be smooth sailing. There was a hint of a rift between Desmond and Blackwell Senior, but that was right before the switcharoo so it's... understandable, considering that he picked the winning side. I'll try to get something up tomorrow to flesh out these concepts, if we're all good to go <3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2018 23:49:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giovanni and esser

OKAY SO! Hey Spi how you doin'?
MOREOVER.
Esser's a bit Q T, I like her and she's cute and I want to thread them together. Why? Because mostly I think it'll be hilarious.
As for their background a bit, since Giovanni's been in Rocket since he was a wee lad, I'm thinking that she definitely thinks he's loyal and he's pretty much the dog that if Silas says 'mush' she goes you know? So anyway, he'll rub her head and give her smiles and sometimes he'll rile her up then turn her by that head toward somebody in Rocket so she can flail at them and be angry while he escapes.
Also maybe they fan together over certain things? Giovanni likes to read and is apart of many fandoms so, it could work. Idek.
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 9:27:54 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

that works really well. the longer in rocket the better! once he gets to really know her i'm sure he can play her like a fiddle. even if she gets really made there's not a lot she can do.

silas fandom when?!

@giovanni
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2018 3:27:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
+ @names
i'd really like to see how long esser can handle tiamat's personality until she breaks. hopefully she puts the little shit in her place. esp if they do a mission together?? hooooo boy

though, it might be fun to have esser react to the contrast between tiamat's stupidity and simultaneous effectiveness as a rocket grunt. like, t-pose is good at her job? even if she's a memey fuck?? i think they'd have a very mercurial relationship, with how paradoxical t-pose is as a character and how straight-cut esser is
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 9:08:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
&

While Jacob would be sympathetic of Esser, especially if there were grunts that mistreated her, he would still be cautious around her, given that she's the boss' little sister, and would rat him out given the chance. Considering that he's that Rocket Grunt who only went in to provide for his new family, only to screw it up and lose them, he's only staying with Rocket knowing that they would kill him if he tried to leave them. So while he's something of a betrayal risk in that if he's pushed enough, the need for self-preservation that keeps him in line would go out the window, he knows to shut up around her, and keeps in line.

Otherwise, once Dorian's finished, whether he's just another Grunt, or if he's one of the Four Beasts, he'll be far more loyal to Silas, given that his leadership ushered in Rocket's current methods of salting the earth. While Dorian would find Esser's lack of fighting capability concerning, he would be happy to give her at least Pokemon training to help out the boss, and perhaps attempt to corrupt her further in the process. While he'd be fiercely loyal to Silas, and would gleefully carry out orders to destroy opposition, burn cities to the ground, and torture people, I could see Esser wanting to stay away from this freak. Nevertheless, he'd be respectful around her.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2018 18:23:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

+ @devo1

hiiii, vicious! i have no idea if that's your ooc but i'm guessing it is bc esser is a sweetheart haha.

quick and simple: athena can help esser become more competent, and it will definitely be done through exposure because athena isn't one to "train" someone directly, if you know what i mean? it'll be more of a tough love kind of scenario with ridicule and shouting and all the good stuff.

but, yeah! let me know what you think!
EMMIE-DARLING ♥ OF WW