5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 2:59:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Shit, where is he?”

Remember that injured Fletchling from before?

It’s back!

And louder than ever.

Ever since the dual-type had been nursed back to health, it wouldn’t stop—attacking people. Specifically, anyone who wasn’t Alexei would be caught in the line of fire. He had a suspicion as to why this had happened—

It was turning into a situation similar to and the Taillow / Aerodactyl; once a Flying-type recognized a human who had saved them from danger, or had attached themselves to, it was going to be a tall order to break that bond.

Hoo boy.

“Mattie…” he continued, pacing around nervously.

for the dream eater mission, although there ARE some parts that WILL cross over into reality once the dream ends

@mattis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 3:12:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mattis appeared in the sanctuary, looking around. He felt like he was needed here, that there was something wrong. Of course, since he decided to help Alexei out with his gym, he was sticking around the Fortree area. So it wasn't like it was strange to see him here.

He walked to the back, looking back and forth. "Alexei?" he called out, looking confused.

Where was he? He was usually around here.

"Hey! Where are you?" For some reason, he couldn't figure his way around the area. It just looked so... strange.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 3:30:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the sound of the familiar voice, the Fletchling that was perched on his fingers suddenly took off—and he made a run for it.

Or, as much of a run as he could manage because he was still—

“Mattie?” he called out, as the Fletchling let out a happy-sounding trill before spotting the bluenette and immediately making a beeline for the other, flying around him several times before unceremoniously landing in his hair.

“Oh, there you are! I, uh—well, you see… well, they beat me to it. You remember the Fletchling from before?” he asked, gesturing to the bluenette’s head.

“Hasn’t stopped attacking people ever since they healed up. Apparently, they were looking for you.”

for the dream eater mission, although there ARE some parts that WILL cross over into reality once the dream ends

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 3:55:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Mattie?"

His name echoed through the hall, catching his attention. Mattis started toward the direction of the sound, but a familiar-looking Fletchling met him first, landing in his hair. "Well, look at that," he said, extending a finger to stroke the little bird's feathers and to get him off his head and onto his shoulder instead.

Alexei appeared shortly after, explaining the situation. "This guy? Attacking people? You've gotta be joking," he said, trying to look at the bird who refused to leave his nest of blue hair. "Me? I'm not the one that healed it."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 4:07:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“No see, here’s the thing. Sure, the staff may have helped that Fletchling recover, but—you know how a Pokémon forms a bond with the very first human that shows them kindness? he prefaced, as the Fletchling absolutely refused to move from the comfortable perch.

“That’s what happened to this one. It’s happened to me so many times, I know the signs.”

The Fletchling let out a happy chirp from the current perch, refusing to get out of the bluenette’s hair. The Fletchling was there and they were going to stay!

“This one’s all you now,” he commented apologetically. “Even they’re not listening to me anymore.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 16:39:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt blinked. "That's a thing?" he asked dumbly. "I just sort of... pick them up as I go." He had heard of pokemon forming attachments to people like that, but aside from his original team, he had never really picked up on it.

Maybe he never payed too much attention to it.

"My Fletchling, huh?" Matt winced as he felt little claws digging into his scalp, refusing to move. "Okay, okay, you can stay there." He dropped his arm.

"I've never had a bird before... I've only dealt in bird boys." A wink was thrown at Alexei.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 18:07:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, it’s most definitely a thing. How do you explain your Rhyhorn sticking around you when you literally tripped over him, then?” he challenged, before the Fletchling let out a triumphant chirping noise before settling down further in his hair.

At the mention of ‘bird boys’, he couldn’t help but crack a smirk.

“What, because I’m the only bird boy around these parts?” he teased with a grin. The Fletchling let out a sleepy chirp before curling up and promptly passing out in the bluenette’s hair.

“You can move the Fletchling down now, they passed out,” he added with a chuckle as he pointed at the little blot of red nestled pretty deep in the new ‘nest’.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 23:32:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Since the bird seemed limp and tired, asleep in his hair, Matt slowly moved it from the position it was in, settling it down in a makeshift nest nearby. It was a cute bird. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep him around.

"Well, you're the only bird boy I've met, so you're the one that fits the bill," he pointed out, raising his eyebrows at him.

He placed his hands on his hips, stepping closer. "You don't like it? Being my bird boy?" Mattis asked with a whisper, tilting his head.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:30:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

For one thing, his face flushed at the mention of ‘my bird boy’. Another thing that he didn’t notice he’d done was the fact that there was a grin on his face after the bluenette had mentioned that.

“What—of course I do!” he blurted out, not realizing what he’d said until his brain literally screamed at him to stop and go over what he just said.

“And you’re the only rock boy I know,” he countered, matching Mattie’s head-tilt with his own. “What’s so wrong about that?”

Alexei didn’t realize that his face was starting to blush like fuck at that.

Him, being someone’s special—

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 22:14:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"You do like it! I knew you did," Mattis said, unable to hide how pleased he was with his reaction. He laughed, not because he was making fun of him. It was because of joy.

Wow. Who knew you could feel like this?

"What? So, I'm your rock boy then?" he asked, waiting for an answer eagerly.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 18:45:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Did the bluenette’s question even need a moment to ponder over?

Definitely not.

His mouth moved too fast for him to stop it as he blurted out, “Of course you’re the only rock boy I will ever acknowledge. What’s wrong about that?” before his mind came to a screeching, screaming halt.

Wait, what did you just— he thought frantically as he felt his ears suddenly burn up with blush once more.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 19:24:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt shrugged. "Absolutely nothing. It's great, in fact," he said, reaching to grab one of Alexei's hands. He lifted it to his lips, pressing a small kiss against the back of it.

It was the right thing to do.

"So, you feel this way too?" he asked, out of the blue. Like Alexei could read his mind. "Do you feel it?" He held Alex's hand against his chest.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 20:00:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was too busy screaming in the back of his mind about what was going on—wait a second, what the—

It was a good thing the sleeping Fletchling had been placed down somewhere nearby, so it wouldn’t get knocked over or literally thrown across the room because—

Holy—

The kiss on the back of his hand made the blush on the back of his ears spread, his face looking like it was about to ignite due to the sudden redness caused by his own cheeks betraying the answer he originally wanted to sass back with.

“I—” was the only thing he could stammer out. Was he imagining this?

Mattie, known block and ultimate dense chucklehead, actually acknowledging this?

“You—you… you can tell?”

Was he that obvious?!

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 0:08:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"It was a guess," Matt admitted, though he got his answer. He couldn't help the smirk on his face, but it resolved into a gentle smile shortly. Because damn.

Alexei was really cute.

"This feeling... I've been having it for a while. I'm not used to it," he admitted, his own face turning a bit red. "It's always been a one and done sort of deal. But this isn't, Alexei."

He looked up at him. "I like you. More than your best friend. As a man. I really do."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cheep cheep [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 4:26:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The smirk on Mattie’s face was normal, but the moment it resolved and melted into an actual, non-shit eating smile, made him panic.

Panic like never before.

It was the same like that one other time his brain had gone into meltdown, only this time—the bluenette was much closer to him than the last time, and the way—the way they were speaking, addressing him—

It had thrown him in for a loop.

At the self-admission of the ‘one and done’, he had to stop and backtrack.

“M—me?” was all he could get out, because right then and there his throat suddenly became as parched as the Great Desert.

Stammering, he tried to form the next words, however holy shit the way the bluenette was looking up at him; words were starting to fail him completely at this point.

“Y—you… you really do?” he continued quietly. Did he dare to hope?

But at the same time…

What were words.

@mattis