Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 14:18:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Where had Mars found his assistant?
[break][break]
The answer is probably more difficult than expected. Or not, since Theo seems like he’s smart enough anyway.
[break][break]
Still, who could ever guess that Andrea is actually an agent of his family? That she’s no actual assistant and that her real skill set lies in much different areas?
[break][break]
Of course Mars won’t share this, but the thought is amusing.
[break][break]
”Sinnoh. We’ve been working together for a while, though it did take a lot to get her to agree to come with me to Hoenn.”
[break][break]
He chuckles.
[break][break]
Half-truths, as always.
[break][break]
Andres would have probably come with him even if he hadn’t wanted her to.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
P4zP0Pyl
[break][break]
625/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 13:43:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]sinnoh — another region worth expanding into later. they could always reuse sinnoh.boards.net

after another sip, theo leans forward just a little.

"what'd it take?"

[attr="class","noodles"]I3sBtCAt

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 15:46:51 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Damn, leave it to Mars to carry the whole conversation.
[break][break]
Not like he minds, considering how much he loves talking, but still.
[break][break]
His secrets are his to keep, and while he could come up with some elaborate answer to Theo’s question, instead he chooses to also lean forward just so slightly while looking at him.
[break][break]
”Promises.”
[break][break]
And then, nothing more than another sip taken from his gin.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
sIjl0kGV
[break][break]
623/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 7:59:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]promises.

"hm."

it's an answer that carries with it substance behind layers. he doesn't bother to look too far, however, and dismisses it when he leans back.

"i suppose i'll have to find one on my own."

[attr="class","noodles"]hMnFezBy

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 3:16:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’I suppose I'll have to find one on my own.’
[break][break]
Watching Theo, Mars can’t help but chuckle at the response, shaking his head as he raises his glass for a final sip before setting it down on the wooden bench.
[break][break]
”Does it really matter? It’s just my assistant...”
[break][break]
But, that’s not all she is, is she? Andrea is as much his protector as she is his keeper; someone who is meant to keep an eye on him as much as she’s meant to make sure nothing happens to him. That’s what his family demands of her, at least, and in the end, they’re her real employers. Yet, the truth as to what Andrea really does is much different.
[break][break]
Theo is smart to realize that there’s a reason why Mars brought her with him to Hoenn.
[break][break]
”Can I ask what you usually like to do other than pseudo-interrogate your employees in saunas?”
[break][break]
The question comes casually and with a smirk, somewhat teasing.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
konP9dMu
[break][break]
602/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 10:06:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]pseudo-interrogate?

"oh. i thought we were just having a nice conversation."

it's hard to tell if he's joking or if he's being sarcastic when his delivery is as dry as it is. nothing betrays him.

"i don't do much else. i work, train, and that's about it."

conveniently, he leaves it fishing, but it's likely that mars has already heard the rumors.

[attr="class","noodles"]515sVHGk

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 23:09:51 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Of course we are, I was merely joking.”
[break][break]
The smirk remains, and an eyebrow is raised, but was he really? What is it that they say about how there’s a grain of truth to every joke? Mars may have been fine with the conversation, but there’s no denying that thanks to their different positions in Team Rocket, the questions definitely took an interrogatory tone.
[break][break]
Not like he really minds it.
[break][break]
If anything, it’s been more interesting than most of his conversations in places like this one.
[break][break]
”Really? No hobbies, then? Nothing you do just because you enjoy it? Training doesn't count, by the way.”
[break][break]
His tone is casual, almost as if talking to a friend.
[break][break]
Is it a little bit of payback maybe, or is it just that he was getting bored of all the questions?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
pBZm16r0
[break][break]
526/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 5:53:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]hobbies?

"not really."

in all honesty, theo lives a very boring life; quaint in some ways, chaotic in others.

"what are some of yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]2vLgCvco

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 6:44:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Not really.’
[break][break]
Seriously? What kind of person doesn’t have any hobbies at all?
[break][break]
Theo seems nice enough, but is work really the only thing he cares about? That sounds kind of sad...
[break][break]
Instead of continuing to pressure for an answer, Mars gives his own:
[break][break]
”Hmm… Depends on what I feel like doing... I run every morning and go to the gym a few times a week. If I have the time and the weather is nice enough I may go sailing, diving, or even fishing. But, I also enjoy doing things like going to art galleries, going shopping, and going out to nice restaurants for dinner.”
[break][break]
There’s a slight shrug at this, smiling.
[break][break]
”A lot of things can be hobbies depending on how you go about them.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
rGgwYz2r
[break][break]
456/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 6:55:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"oh. then i suppose fishing and diving are my hobbies."

and after a brief pause, he adds:

"i like fishies."

[attr="class","noodles"]3HCNx6QL

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 7:32:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Fishies.
[break][break]
Honestly, saying it like that is kind of adorable, and thus surprising when coming from someone like Theo. But, since it’s marine pokémon, Mars spares him the jokes, because he too likes fishies, after all.
[break][break]
”There you go, then. Glad I could help you figure out your hobbies.”
[break][break]
Is he actually glad? Perhaps, because isn’t it always nice to find people who share some of his interests?
[break][break]
”I like them too, actually. What’s your favourite?”
[break][break]
Who would have thought they'd actually end up having a proper conversation.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
vwVKSb52
[break][break]
367/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 9:25:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

he mulls it over, but realizes soon enough that:

"it's impossible to pick, but i have a soft spot for bruxish and feebas."

and then, he asks:

"yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]Nm97zk8_

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 10:46:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, Bruxish is a great choice. I really need to visit Alola again sometime, watching them hunt in the wild is kind of amazing.”
[BREAK][BREAK]
It’s the kind of thing Mars has always loved doing when he really needs to relax, distract himself, and clear his mind: to go diving at some nice spot and simply watch the wild pokémon around him.
[BREAK][BREAK]
He doesn’t get to do things like those often because of how busy he is, but still, that doesn’t take away from how much he loves them and enjoys them…
[BREAK][BREAK]
”If we’re talking just fishes and not marine pokémon in general… Hmm… Wishiwashi. I have a few and there’s nothing quite like swimming next to a school of them.”
[BREAK][BREAK]
The answer is honest, and the smile it comes with is confident yet genuine.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
6WNuQfa2
[break][break]
351/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 13:27:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"they are amazing hunters."

briefly, he thinks of bruxish's protuberance, and by extension (haha), he also thinks of . he also has a bruxish named after her, but he decides to leave it unsaid.

maybe mars will find out eventually if he ever visits the fishie store.

"good choice. what about favorite marine pokemon?"

[attr="class","noodles"]_z|7wcoW

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
eenie meenie
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 15:30:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Hmm… That’s a bit of a difficult choice…”
[break][break]
There’s so many to choose from, after all, and so many that are near and dear to his heart. It’s an answer that may not be all that obvious to Mars because of how much a lot of his pokémon mean to him, but realistically, anyone who knows him well enough could probably guess what his favourites are with ease…
[break][break]
Eventually, after considering it for a short moment, he comes to the clear and evident answer:
[break][break]
”I’d probably go with Inkay… Starmie comes as a close second, though.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
ZGfrSPZL
[break][break]
317/1000