so tied up

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 20:43:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”I haven’t, no, I don’t usually have things like those… I haven’t had instant noodles since I was in university.”
[break][break]
Has she ever even told Uri about going to university? Probably not. Not that she can recall, at least. But, that’s not surprising, because Sol rarely talks about her life and thus information ends up being revealed in moments like these – when talking about something totally unrelated, like their snack choices.
[break][break]
She could almost wonder how the war will end up being mentioned, but wondering about the war is never something Sol wants to do…
[break][break]
”Are you sure? I don’t mind going first.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 5:59:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
sol's never mentioned university, at least not that he can remember, so it's a nice bit of information to know even if he's already assumed as much considering how one needs a degree to be a captain. he's pretty sure he read that somewhere once.

"nah don't worry. i got it."

with a smile, he pulls his backpack over to his feet, reaching in for a bottle of water.

"here. i also have charja-cola but that might be way too much sugar for one night."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 6:25:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Honestly, Sol would much rather take first watch, because she’s not even sure if she can fall asleep right now. But, a nap would also be nice, and she appreciates the thought behind Uri’s words...
[break][break]
”Yeah, might wanna skip on the cola or you'll have a sugar rush… like a kid.”
[break][break]
At this, she gives him a smirk, offering back the pack of gummy bears before standing.
[break][break]
She then brushes the sand off her clothes, stretching up.
[break][break]
”I’m not sure I’ll be able to sleep, though.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 7:15:48 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it's not enough sugar for him, honestly, as he cracks open the can of charja-cola that's still surprisingly cool. who designs these cans? ? amazing.

he accepts the pack of gummy bears and tosses a few more into his mouth, chewing.

"i don't think i can sleep either."

peering up at her, he asks:

"wanna go for a walk?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 7:37:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Just as she’s about to go lie down, he asks her a question, so of course Sol is left standing there: looking at him and raising a brow.
[break][break]
’Wanna go for a walk?’
[break][break]
She sighs.
[break][break]
”Uri, you’re supposed to keep watch. What if an enemy were to attack while we’re out on a walk?”
[break][break]
What enemy, she doesn’t say, but it’s not like she needs to say.
[break][break]
Uri doesn’t know what it’s like to be ambushed in the middle of the night, but she does.
[break][break]
”...We can chat until I fall asleep, if you want.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 7:49:43 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
she sighs and he chuckles.

"i was really just going to walk us around in circles right outside."

but her suggestion sounds much better, honestly. he does, however, stop to think for a moment: does she want to? possibly, since she was the one who brought it up.

and so, he nods, smiling at her for a moment before looking away, keeping watch.

"where'd you go for university?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 8:51:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Sure you were. Just pay attention as you keep watch; eyes on your surroundings, you know what to do.”
[break][break]
She’s not going to give him a lesson on things like those, because they’re things he should already know. Honestly, they should also have a pokémon there to keep watch with him too, so before she goes to lie down, she reaches for a pokéball.
[break][break]
A flash of light and her Dusk Lycanroc appears, standing at attention.
[break][break]
”Hati, keep watch with Uri.”
[break][break]
The pokémon’s emerald green eyes fix on Uriah, and without a sound, she steps closer, sitting nearby while Sol herself lies down.
[break][break]
Silence lingers between them as she takes a few seconds to answer the question, but when she finally does, the answer comes easy and as if obvious and simple:
[break][break]
”Celadon University, but I got my degree later, at Slateport.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 9:34:23 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
he really should have a pokemon out here as well, and so he calls one out after her dusk lycanroc appears. thankfully for the both of them, it isn't kachow.

a bearded cat appears, immediately sniffing the air as though it were a dog.

"bob, keep watch with us."

meow, says the perrserker.

"cool. i almost ended up in canalave university but i decided against it."

for obvious reasons.

"what'd you study?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 10:27:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

From where she is, Sol sees the Perrserker, and she wonders if a pokémon like that would do good when keeping watch. Would it be alert enough? Would it be fast enough? Concerns run through her mind, but she reminds herself to trust Uri’s judgement when it comes to these matters…
[break][break]
It looks fluffy...
[break][break]
Like it would probably be really soft…
[break][break]
”Let me guess… Did your dad want you to go?”
[break][break]
Against her will, there’s a yawn, and she doesn’t bother with covering it.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Marketing, but I went in knowing I would join the military.”
[break][break]
Not entirely true, but there's no point in explaining all of that.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 10:49:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
perrserker, like most cats, are alert as fuck, and so uri has no worries with letting bob keep watch with them, too. he's also pretty sure they can see in the night.

and yes, they are really soft.

"he did, so i just went traveling instead."

marketing? he raises an eyebrow at her answer, chuckling softly because he would've never guessed.

"why did you join the military? cause of your dad?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 13:38:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”You really like going against what he wants, huh? Can’t say I really blame you, though…”
[break][break]
How could she blame him, when there was a time when she did the same with her own father?
[break][break]
She should have studied something like Strategic Intelligence because it would have had an actual use when joining the military, but back then she had been considering not joining at all, and she had mostly chosen a different career to be spiteful. Back then she had thought that maybe she could follow a different path in life, but the war had stolen that possibility – taken it away from her grasp.
[break][break]
”Yeah, and ‘cause of my brother, but… Mostly because things started getting pretty bad at Kanto, though back then we still didn’t know just how bad it would get...”
[break][break]
Her voice is now quiet, and she simply looks up as she says this.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 14:47:07 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"hell yeah."

fuck what wants, honestly. but the military has not been as bad as he had thought, so maybe his dad does know best...

nah. the military is only good for a few reasons and none of them have anything to do with his dad.

kanto.

uri might be an idiot but he is no fool. he understands, and so decides it best to switch the topic after a bit of silence.

"what's your favorite memory?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 15:37:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Kanto.
[break][break]
Had Kanto been her home? It’s one of the places she had liked the most out of all the ones she lived in, and also one of the places where she had met many people she still cares for to this day (“many” by Sol standards, of course). It’s a place filled with happy memories for her, and also one filled with devastating ones.
[break][break]
Does the bad outweigh the good?
[break][break]
It sure seems so on most days...
[break][break]
”Favourite memory of what? University?”
[break][break]
Or of Kanto?
[break][break]
She thinks the latter, but doesn’t voice the question.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 15:50:48 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"just in general."

he shrugs, deciding to offer one of his own:

"like, mine's probably when i was young, i'd stay up really late just watching movies with my mom and siblings. i think we didn't sleep at all one night. passed out at school the next day, but it was worth it."

pretty irresponsible from his mom, to be fair, but it's still a good memory nonetheless.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 16:46:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

When Uri shares the memory, she closes her eyes and tries to imagine it for a second: that happy family, all those kids watching movies with their mum until late at night. It’s different from the way her family was. She can’t even remember ever watching a movie with Magnus and her parents, but still, the thought of Uri having memories like those makes her smile…
[break][break]
”That sounds like it must have been a lot of fun.”
[break][break]
What is her own favourite memory, though?
[break][break]
”Honestly, I’ve never really thought about what mine is…”

[BREAK][BREAK]