the aftermath [m][c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 2:30:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Alexei started to make fun of him, so Matt found himself going on the defensive. "But they have all these things listed out, see?" He held up the menu, turning it around and pointing to the list.

Of course, did he actually read it thoroughly before trying to prove his point.

No. Why the hell would he do that?

"Well, you're paying," he said in a singsong voice, looking over the menu. "It does smell really good, though."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 4:42:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You’re pointing at the alcoholic drinks list,” he pointed out subtly, with the tiniest little cough. “Don’t tell me you want to get wasted again?” he teased, the snarkiness back in his voice.

Oh, so if it was going to take that, then

One of the wait staff came over just as he was about to fire off another snarky barb.

“Well, we’ll take one of everything here,” he gestured at the meat section of the menu. “Matt, are you allergic to anything?”

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 23:35:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt gave him a confused look, turning the menu back to actually read to it. "Huh. I guess you're right..." He sighed, setting the menu back on the table. "I give up."

Alexei prodded if he was going to get alcohol and get wasted. "Who's going to wheel your dumb ass back to your place, huh? No, I can't do that," he said with a snort.

When the waiter came back, Matt just ordered some water to drink. "Nope, I'm good with everything."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 4:15:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What, scared of leaving me alone?” he teased, although there was a faint flush of color on his face as he said that. Once the two menus had been taken away (he was going to tough it out with water as well) he then rested one of his elbows on the table and just—

Outright looked at him.

No words, no nothing, just—

How am I going to bring this shit up without making this even more awkward than it already is? Djinni help me! he thought in the back of his mind. On the outside Alexei looked calm.

However, deep inside—

He was most certainly not calm.

“I, uh—” he began, an attempt to make conversation without the silence becoming awkward.

“I wanted… to ask you something.”

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 20:49:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"When you're wheelchair-bound because your physical therapist told you to? Yes, I am," he said, his tone holding an air of truth in it. "I would prefer not to be a stumbling idiot and leave you to damage your hand or your leg when I could prevent it further."

It would just cause him to blame himself.

Matt's water appeared on the table, and he said a quick thank you before downing some of it. Sometimes, he forgot what how he needed to act in society.

"Huh?" He looked up, confused. "What is it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 4:51:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, now that he had the blockhead’s attention—

“Well, you see I—” he trailed off, looking absolutely everywhere but at Mattie as he struggled to find his words. Ah, shit, why were words so difficult to parse together now?!

Don’t panic! Keep it down! Keep it smooth! He chastised himself in the back of his head as he struggled to find the words.

However, a different bunch of words came flowing out instead, and he didn’t realize it until he’d said it.

“I—I know you’re out there collecting Rock-types, so I found an Archen and… and I thought of you when I first found the poor thing. I mean—I’m surprised you don’t have an Archen. Or an Aerodactyl, for that matter. You—d’you wanna adopt the Archen I found? I already have an Archeops, myself.”

He then internally screamed at himself a few seconds later when he realized what had just transpired.

At least it’s not going to be fucking awkward! He continued to himself.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 0:24:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Was Alexei okay? He seemed ready to have a serious talk with him about something, but then it sudden trailed on about rock types and pokemon that he was ready to offer to Matt. He blinked, surprised by the gesture.

"You want to give me your spare Archen?" he asked, making sure that it was clear before he spoke again.

"I'll totally take it!" Matt said excitedly, practically slapping the table with excitement. "If you want to give it to me, that is. I won't force you to." He smiled like it was his birthday.

"Man, that's awesome. Thanks, dude!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 4:27:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At least that was one disaster averted—for now.

“Look,” he continued once Mattie had all but flat-out agreed to take in the prehistoric Pokémon right away, “…you’re the only one I know who has an unquenchable passion for rocks. Almost equal to my obsession with birds, so…”

Alexei then fell silent, looking everywhere again but at the bluenette.

He was already internally screaming, again.

“I—I figured, I can leave the Archen with you.”

Stop rambling about random shit and get to the point! He mentally chastised himself. He was about to hit his head on the table when the food started arriving at their table; the tabletop grill already being turned on and the smell of a light coating of cooking oil on the metal cooking surface permeating the immediate area.

Looks like disaster was averted… for now.

And now, the challenge came with trying to eat using chopsticks left-handed.

This was going to suck…

“L-l-let’s eat!”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 2:05:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt shrugged. "You got me there," he said, laughing. "I think the rock types are fascinating. There's something about them that gets my gears going..."

He grinned, like a little kid on Christmas day. "I appreciate it!"

Awesome. He was going to get a brand new, really cool pokemon. And from Alexei. What a great guy.

The food came out, and Matt sighed happily. "It looks great. So, we cook it ourselves?" he asked, taking a piece of raw meat with some tongs and laying it on the grill.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 4:39:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Basically, yeah,” he nodded as he grabbed the other pair of tongs and started slapping some of the meat on his side of the tabletop grill. “Some of the meat’s sliced so thinly, they cook real quick—oop,” he remarked as some of the pieces he’d laid down started to smoke.

While admittedly he was still somewhat clumsy with the tongs, he flipped over the thinner meat slices to let the opposite side cook through.

The scent of fried meat then began wafting from their table, and he snatched his cooked pieces of meat away, laying them down on top of the first bowl of rice that was left for him.

Wait, first bowl?

“Oh, look, they sent over more stuff!” he added, watching as more bowls started appearing. There were bowls of rice, some bowls of stir-fried vegetable sides, noodles—

“What kind of hotpot do you like? Beef? Chicken?”

Perhaps now was the time he would have to warn the bluenette he was allergic to most seafood varieties…

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 17:53:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt, on the other hand, was a grilling pro, since he had grilled in the wild to survive. He picked up his meat and put it on his own bowl, letting it cool off for a moment before eating it. It tasted great.

So did all of the other side dishes, he came to find out.

"I don't really know. I haven't had it before now. I'm just used to cooking my own food on something hot outside," he said. "But I like all sorts of meat."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:09:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You’d definitely be a good partner to have in a ‘what if’ zombie survival scenario. I mean, you know how to pitch a tent, make a fire, and other outdoorsy stuff, right?” he said with a chuckle as he snatched another couple of pieces of thinly-sliced beef from the tabletop grill and began to get the hot pot started.

It was definitely clumsy because he was doing this one-handed, but he was going by memory for what he was making.

“Thank hell I know the ingredients for a beef sukiyaki,” he continued with that same laughter as he began to dump in the vegetables, the noodles and the tofu before letting it set to boil.

“Haven’t tried this before?”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 3:41:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt snorted. "Well, I think I'd make a great partner in any scenario, but thank you. I know my survival stuff." Of course, he didn't know that perhaps what he said could be taken out of context for Alexei. Because he for sure just meant in terms of working together.

He watched his friend make some sort of noodle dish, raising his eyebrows. "That looks impressive. I feel like I'm too hungry to do something like that," he teased with a laugh, grilling some more meat and grabbing some vegetables to munch on while they cooked.

"I haven't. Is it good?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 20:14:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The first part of the sentence made Alexei stop for a few moments and blush while he was finishing up the assembly of the beef sukiyaki before the cover was placed on the tabletop hotpot with a clattering bang (look, the klutz is the one assembling the food).

“Of course you’re always hungry,” he remarked with a smirk—he had to resist giving the idiot blockhead a pointed eye roll; and had to settle for the mental kind of eye roll instead.

Once the cover had been straightened, he then turned up the heat and waited for the hotpot to boil.

“You’re missing out on so much, living in the wild,” he teased as he called one of the wait staff over and asked for some eggs to go with the hotpot that was currently stewing.

“You may have survived out in the wild, but nothing beats eating actual food!” he added with another peal of laughter as he settled back down and settled for grilling a few more extra slices of beef and extra pork while helping himself to some grilled vegetable sides.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:22:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt continued to babble on about how he was being unfair and teasing him about his past as an adventurer. How rude. But eventually, they finished their meal, and it was time to leave.

Jeez, had they really stayed until the restaurant was closing? It was getting late...

Matt pushed Alexei out of the door, wheeling him down the street that seemed quieter except for the bars that stayed open until dawn. "I didn't realize we stayed for so long," he said, glancing into one of the doors as he pushed Alexei along.

Of course, he almost fell when Alexei put on the brakes of his wheelchair. "Whoa. Hey, what's up?"