awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:34:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Who knew that so much time had passed between them; what with the hotpot’s contents getting completely and utterly demolished between them (hell, there was even a second round) and they’d stayed in the restaurant the entire evening!

The moment they got out, though, it was almost dawn. Oh boy. This meant that Alexei’s sleeping schedule was going to get regally fucked up again…

At least for a few days. Better than an entire month of insomnia because of those fucking nightmares.

Either way, they were on their way back when he knew—

That it was time.

(Maybe he wasn’t sorry that the bluenette had almost fallen over. Maybe a little bit.)

“Matt,” he began quietly as he turned around to look where the other had almost faceplanted onto the street.

“We have to talk.”

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:39:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He managed to calm himself down from the moment he had from almost falling onto the ground and running into the wheel chair. Matt sighed, opening his mouth to speak.

Until Alexei spoke with that ominous tone. He never said his name. Just a nickname.

"Okay...? Why here and now, though?" he asked, trying to laugh off his nerves. "Why do you sound so serious?" he asked.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:44:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Matt,” he repeated again.

Normally Alexei never pulled out the serious tone unless it was absolutely necessary.

Was he going in for the kill? Maybe.

“We can’t escape it,” he continued with a little wave of his hand.

“This.”

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:48:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Oh. He was really serious then. Matt gave him a look before leaning against one of the buildings, crossing his arms around his chest. Maybe a form of defense because honestly?

He wasn't sure where this was going.

"What do you mean, this? I'm not tracking. Did I do something wrong?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 21:52:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Finally, he had the bluenette’s attention.

“This shit—you. Me. Us. This—this game of ‘chicken’ between us.”

Surely he would understand now…? Unless he needed more context.

“Matt. You—you remember that—what happened—in the hot springs, right?” he went on, his face set as he looked where the other had decided to stand and await trial and execution afterward.

“Why—why don’t you want to talk about it? That dream. This can’t be coincidence. That we had the exact same dream and yet, here you are—”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 22:03:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Game of chicken? What the hell was he-

The hot springs and the weird dream were mentioned, and it seemed to click for Matt, who immediately turned red and looked away from him like a child who got caught doing something bad. Because it was embarrassing, and now he was cornered with no where to go because he couldn't leave Alexei stranded on the street.

He got him good this time.

Matt stood there quietly for several moments, trying to figure out what he wanted to say. "Because it's weird, liking your best friend, isn't it?" he said, his voice coming out a bit harshly. "What if you do something and you lose what you had before you made the move? Didn't you think about that?"

So, in short, he was scared to ruin a friendship. "We've been friends for a decade, and now feelings are thrown into the mix. What if our friendship doesn't survive it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 22:13:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“How is it weird—?!” he began, blinking as he looked up at the other. While technically the bluenette had the higher ground, he was the one who was on the attack now.

“Let me guess… there was someone before me, was there?” he continued in the same quiet tone.

He didn’t know exactly how many relationships the bluenette had, whereas him? Him? He’d been on the losing end too many times already.

“So you admit it, then,” he went on in the same tone. Whether it was strained or not, that would be up to the other to interpret. “That you’re not as dumb as you often claim to be.”

Silence, for a few moments.

“You see, that’s the thing.”

Fuck it, he had to.

In order to prove his point, he pushed himself off and out of the wheelchair—never mind if he grimaced in pain as he put pressure on the wrong leg first as he steadied himself and turned to face the bluenette head-on.

“We’ve known each other for that long, yes. Isn’t that proof—isn’t that testament enough that we’ve seen a lot of shit, regardless of how much time has passed? Or are… or are you too scared to face it head-on.”

He hadn’t been this forward, or direct, ever.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 22:32:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There were people before Alexei, but Matt never had a real relationship before. "Sure, there were some flings and shit, but I never had a real relationship. I don't want my own inability to control myself ruin my friendship with you," he repeated himself.

But, there he was, getting out of the wheelchair and standing above him. Damn the man being taller than he was.

Matt tried to hold his ground, but he couldn't help but feel pinned against the wall as Alexei walked over. He swallowed hard, looking at the ground like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Fine, Alexei! I'm scared, alright?" he said, finally looking up at him. "I doesn't matter how long we've been friends. Little things can ruin any relationship, and you know it!" He didn't mean to be so intense about it, but he couldn't help but think about his family and Lavaridge.

How they were forcing him to be someone he wasn't. How his first non-female romantic partner and his relationship ended.

"I don't want something like this to ruin what good I already have."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 22:53:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That—that’s why there’s two halves to a relationship, you know,” he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Agh, what the fuck.

“It’s not just about one half, it’s both. That’s the reason why there’s always two parts to a relationship, and not one.”

Another few moments of silence before he continued talking.

“You’re overstressing yourself by thinking too much about the small things,” he added.

“And I thought—I was the worrier. Guess that’s not true…between us, at least.”

He couldn’t help but wonder, though…

“Is—is that it, then?” he went on.

“I—I thought. I thought that—there was something… else. Something m-more. I guess… I guess I was… I guess I was wrong after all.”

Something else, something more. Maybe it was a mistake peeking out of the secret garden, he thought to himself as he looked away, unable to stop himself from biting his lower lip out of frustration.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:02:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt was even more confused, because while Alexei did imply that he liked him, he hadn't outright said it like he had. So, why was he acting like he was about to cry? He wasn't sure.

"What are you wrong about? You haven't even really told me explicitly about your feelings in this. I don't even know where you stand in this. I can't just... believe you feel the same way I do."

Matt sighed, covering his face with his hands. "I didn't want to talk about this because I didn't want to argue about it and make things awkward." It was more of a comment to himself.

Maybe I shouldn't have ever done anything. Or come back. Maybe he'd be happier without me here.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:10:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You just outright admitted you’re afraid! Afraid of losing this—this!” he gestured, angrily waving his hands around between the both of them; the tight space where he still technically had the higher ground.

“How do you explain what happened at the hot springs then? That wasn’t just a fucking fever dream to me, Matt! he exclaimed, raising his hands in a celebratory mocking gesture.

“Don’t tell me you just went ahead and riled me up while we were there!”

He had to stop and take a deep breath before he exploded. Djinni be damned, why was Mattie such a blockhead?!

“Because I like it! I. Like. You! I like—fuck, Matt, what don’t you understand, that wasn’t just a quickie, that wasn’t just a spur of the moment.”

He rubbed the sides of his eyes with his hands, just to flick the annoying tears away.

“It wasn’t just a one-time thing.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:20:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt stood there with an equally unhappy look on his face, his eyebrows narrowed as he listened to Alexei yell back at him. Was the hot spring incident his fault? He didn't think so, because he thought that Alex had riled him up in turn.

But they were both too heated to actually get the point across.

However, it was what a few key things that he said that sent Matt over the edge. That he liked it, and it wasn't a one time thing. Because it seemed to just click in that moment for him. That it just made sense.

Mattis didn't say a word. He instead took a quick step forward, reached up to grab Alexei's face and pull it to his, smothering his mouth in a hard kiss that was probably borderline painful if they hadn't been so amped up on what ever emotions they had been on before.

He bit Alexei's lower lip, gently to not make him bleed, but to remind him that this was real.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:29:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Truth be told, if the bluenette hadn’t closed the distance and kissed right then and there, Alexei would’ve gone on a tirade.

He had so much to say, but he was abruptly cut off by the sudden gesture—holy shit, it wasn’t like anything they’d done in the sauna. Those were heat hazed and lusty, this however—

Thankfully he’d put his weight on his left foot to steady himself as the other had to stand a little taller (well, it wasn’t his fault he was just over six feet tall) just to kiss him so hard on the lips it really did hurt.

“Ow,” he warned a bit afterward, giving the bluenette’s neck a tiny little slap when he felt the other trying to bite him.

“Do you… do you believe me now. Or do you want something else, more proof?”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:38:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt grunted in an annoyed manner when Alexei slapped at his neck, letting go of him and giving him a look. "Was that real enough for you? No dreams or anything." He couldn't hide the redness on his face, even though he had initiated the kiss.

Proof, huh?

Matt snorted. "I don't know. What kind of proof are you talking about?" His looked turned into something more evil, more dangerous than before.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:53:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You just gave me an angry kiss, and that’s the first thing you say?” he said, giving him the ‘mock disappointed’ look.

“Honestly,” he snorted as he looked around. He was…pretty sure they were being watched, at least. It wasn’t as noisy as it was earlier.

“If you want more, then get us back to the Sanctuary,” was all he would disclose, this time sticking his tongue out at him before grabbing one of the bluenette’s hands and kissing that in a teasing gesture.

Two could definitely play this game.

Only he wasn’t sure if it was a game anymore, the way they’d ended up yelling at each other and almost having an angry make-out session right where everyone could see.

@mattis