Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Let's Talk Business (Closed)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 7:32:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas Benoit, garbed in a nicer suit than he normally wore for his job at Interpol, complete with a tie and a jacket, walked into Devon's Headquarters in Rustboro. This was the first time in years he was attending any sort of gathering or meeting on behalf of his family, given that his work had all but occupied him. But with the threat of Team Rocket having made its way into the Hoenn Region, and their presence having rooted itself in Slateport, Thomas found himself in a position where his family life would meet his work life.

Given Devon's prominence in the Region, his family figured that they would be the best people to possibly form an alliance with in the Region. Whether it was the family doing their due diligence for the League, or because the Hoenn Region held a special place in his grandfather's heart, their decision was made. The family wanted to use their business to extend a hand to the League in Hoenn.

"Good morning. I'm Thomas Benoit, I have an appointment with Alexander Stone today.", he'd tell the receptionist. He would then present proof that he was indeed Thomas Benoit.

In his hand was a suitcase containing documents that would be important to the meeting.

tags:
notes: Thomas has arrived at Devon HQ

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 8:06:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

alliances are integral to survival, that much alexander knows. but alliances are built based off trust, and currently, circumstances have made it difficult for trust to be established. take for example.

hardworking and determined, thomas' success as an interpol agent is no secret to the league; but what is lesser known, especially to those outside of the region, is his family's influence over kalos. every region has its powerhouse, and the benoit family are kalos'.

a receptionist greets the interpol agent with a welcoming smile. "ah, mister benoit! yes! right this way–" with a simple gesture, she expects him to follow her into the elevator that, after a brief security check with a fingerprint and retical scan, soon brings them to the very top of the building.

ding!

the doors slide open, leading into the hallway with two separate offices, one presumably for alexander, and the other, his father. the receptionist leads thomas ahead and stops in front of the closer office.

knock, knock.

"come in."

even before the receptionist has a chance at pleasantries, alexander interrupts with his own. "mister benoit, my apologies." he stands from behind his large, wooden desk that looks like it would take up far too much space if not for how large the office is.

"alexander stone," he approaches for a handshake, "i hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience finding your way here."

flashing the receptionist a soft smile and a nod, he frees her from her duties. "thank you, mary." the door closes behind her.

"please, sit." taking a seat behind his desk, he slides a drawer open and pulls out two glasses. "something to drink?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 5:49:12 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Thank you.", Thomas would tell the receptionist. Thomas follows the woman into the elevator, giving her space to go through the double biometric scan before the elevator shot up to the top of the building. Thomas took notice to the two offices on the top floor as she lead him through the top floor. Thomas followed the woman into the office.

"No apologies necessary, Mister Stone.", Thomas told Alexander. Thomas shook the man's hand firmly. "A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Mister Stone. And you can just call me Thomas, if you'd prefer.", he'd tell the man. "And it was no inconvenience to me whatsoever.", he'd assure Alexander.

Thomas gives Mary a thankful nod as she leaves. When prompted to take a seat, Thomas complies. "You happen to have Scotch Whiskey?", he'd ask the man. "I'll get down to brass tacks here, the reason I requested an audience with you is that my family, the Benoits, wishes to contribute to the Hoenn League's efforts to drive Team Rocket out of the Region. To this end, we wish to form an alliance with the Devon Corporation.", he'd begin.

"As you most likely know, we run Benoit Armaments in the Kalos Region, an arms tech company that is no stranger to working with the League. Such work often involves creating and supplying League police, military, and operatives with weapons, armor, and other equipment to aid them in their work. We even offer custom equipment to our Gym Leaders, or other members of the upper echelon, to suit whatever needs they have, whether it's in operation of their Gyms, or in their work protecting the Region, when the need arises."

"In my suitcase are select documents pertaining to projects created by Benoit Armaments, ranging from equipment mass produced for civilian markets, League use, and even some of our custom projects made for Gym Leaders, and other higher-ups within the Kalos League.", he'd continue, offering to place the suitcase on the desk for him to access.

tags:
notes: Thomas begins

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 11:39:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

"thomas," he repeats firmly, "likewise; alexander is fine." 

as soon as the door shuts close, business commences, to which he has no problems with. it's not what he's used to, but it's what he expects from an interpol man.

a simple nod is given to thomas' question. as the presentation begins, alexander reaches for the aforementioned whiskey and pours it into two separate glasses, listening intently as he shifts his gaze back and forth. it's not long until he slides over one of the glasses.

not once does alexander interrupt; nor does his gaze falter; and by the end of it, he raises the glass in toast before taking a sip.

"what you're suggesting, as optimistic as it may be, would only work in theory. hoenn isn't kalos, thomas, but i'm sure a man with your track record knows that by now." 

he reaches for the suitcase.

"corruption runs high in the league. apologies for my bluntness but the situation calls for it. the league might be reformed but i am certain the issue still persists. rocket has infiltrated our ranks and without a complete reformation, flushing them out is near impossible." 

with the documents now in his hands, he places the glass down in favor of skimming the information.

"regulating these supplies from benoit armaments is tricky. there's no guarantee that it won't spill out onto the streets, which, i'm certain it will." 

his eyes narrow as he reads.

"what are your countermeasures for that scenario?"