ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 2:02:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

One step at a time,

[attr="class","freezybunger"]

It had always made the Unovan disappointed to see just how much garbage littered the shores of Lilycove's beach. Armed with a reinforced garbage bag & heavy duty gloves, Su-Jin had been out collecting the trash—grabbing any recyclables for his bag and calling over his rainbow-coloured Muk to dispose of anything that couldn't be salvaged. With nowhere else to go given the shape of the terrain around him, it'd been rather easy for garbage to just simply crop up around the area.[break][break]

It was likely an odd sight; the young man, dressed as he always was in a rather bombastic, delinquent-like colourful outfit, doing his part for the environment. At a glance he easily looked like an absolute troublemaker, some sort of anarchist or gang member who'd be more likely seen tagging up alleys or smashing windows. Yet here he was—a masked young man silently cleaning out the shoreline whilst other people went about their day.[break][break]

Though he'd found himself stopping for a moment, coming across... an entire refrigerator tossed out to the side behind a large boulder. This wasn't really something his Muk could easily take care of, and he'd frowned somewhat, considering that somehow such a huge hunk of junk had been thrown to the wayside out on the outskirts of the city.

[newclass=.freezybunger b]color:#9999ff[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 13:17:17 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Plop, plop, plop

@sirius needn't worry about the fridge for long. The sound of sticky, wet, suction cups filled the sea air before a red tentacle peeked over the side. Soon, an Octillery was hauling himself up and on top of the machine, the open door filled with water which the pokemon plopped down into. It blew a few bubbles at Su-Jin, idle, but otherwise hunkered down as if this was a lovely place to take a nap.

"Bro!" Coming from the opposite side of the beach that Su-Jin had come from was Temp. Much like the delinquent clad man, he was all geared up for picking up trash. Looked like they had had the same idea today, only chose to work from opposite sides. Also, Temp was dressed more like a body builder chad.

Either way, he stopped to plap his hand on the Octillery's head, who huffed but hunkered down more, before he noticed Su-Jin himself.

"Oh! Hey, dude." A wave and bright smile given, always happy to meet a new face. Even if it was covered.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 2:38:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

One step at a time,

Su-Jin blinked a couple times, merely closing an eye when a bubble strayed too close, but otherwise remaining steadfast and unflinching as he beheld the Octillery pop into the fridge. It was... a rather odd sight, to say the least.[break][break]

"... 'sup?" Su-Jin had answered in turn—somewhat confused but matching the colloquial language of the kindred stranger. He'd waved in turn, a quaint smile covered by the black face mask over his nose and mouth, a basic sense of etiquette, yet the only tell that was easy to see was how his eyes had squinted ever so slightly as he smiled.[break][break]

"It's nice to see I'm not the only one who cares about this kind of stuff," Su-Jin had observed—noticing the surf-touched man's own set of gear for tackling the trash problem around the beach. It was difficult to tell whether the overstyled young man was genuine about his remark from his tone of voice—sounding as though it was devoid of interest—though in truth, he was genuine, he'd simply found it somewhat difficult to properly reflect such a thing with his own body language and tone of voice.[break][break]

"Sirius, by the way, and this here's Bismuth," he'd introduced himself and his Muk, the multi-coloured sentient sludge waving as a greeting, despite the damper in his voice, Su-Jin seemed to enjoy expressing himself visually through rather colourful means, "I was considering having another one of my pokémon melt this down but, I'd rather avoid doing that in the water, and nothing I have's particularly physically strong." He'd explained his own plans with the abandoned fridge, though he'd wondered what the surf-touched man had in mind with the slab of metal that had an Octillery bathing casually in it.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 15:11:47 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
@sirius was in luck, since Temp was much too cheery to be put off by the less enthusiastic tone. He was just excited to talk to someone else who seemed to have a similar interest! Weird clothes and kinda depressed sounding voice be damned!

"Dude, same! It's, like, so hard to find people who wanna help with this, right?" Another small pat to his Octillery, who gurgled from his place. "I'm Temp! This lil dude is Radar!" Radar blew bubbles again, this time just to float listlessly in the air above them all before they started to pop.

The fridge though...

"Damn... usually this place isn't dumped on too much. I wonder if it washed up." Or, more likely, someone was just a piece of shit who needed the hell beaten out of them. "Huh... I have a few pokemon who can probably carry it. What if we carried it somewhere else and then you, like, did your thing?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 3:39:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

One step at a time,

"I feel most dislike putting in the effort when it comes down to it," the man had said, a hint of sourness in his voice at his own remark, "though the few who still work towards something that matters, I'm happy to know they're around, he'd said, staring the casual man in the eye as he'd said it, still seemingly reserved yet, seeming to try and express some form of camaraderie with the surf-touched man.[break][break]

As the surf-touched man introduced himself as Temp, Su-Jin had laxed somewhat, his eyes momentarily following the bubbles blown by the Octillery identified as Radar, a sense of curiosity and happiness in the calm man despite the lack of physical body language.[break][break]

"I'd be surprised if something this heavy didn't just sink down to the bottom rather than wash up, honestly. Though it'd be ideal if it was just an accident..." he'd said aloud, though the final part had been a light mutter to himself, squatting to observe the fridge further. Though with Temp's affirmation of his own plan he'd turned back to the surf-touched man, "that'd be helpful. If we melted it down and split it up a bit, Bismuth should be able to digest it without too much problem. Well, he probably could anyway but, this way it's easier on him." Su-Jin explained, he'd paused, looking around the beach area for a moment.[break][break]

"Say, I haven't been in Hoenn for very long, have you been here before... well, the litter?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ [C]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 0:23:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Yeah dude, I feel the same. Guess I'll just put in as much effort as I can to make up for some of the people who won't or can't!" The whole situation sucked but Temp would still look on the bright side of it. He thumped himself on the chest with his fist as he beamed at @sirius. A blunt force, if you will.

A pokeball was popped off his belt and Temp threw out a Gosilopod. The bug type looked over Su-Jin curiously. Temp jerked his thumb at the fridge, which it seemed to understand easily, and the bug type went to pick it up with Radar still inside. Radar huffed and curled up more, sinking down in the fridge to keep from falling out.

"We'll make it, like, super easy on your pokemon! Best we can! Right, guys?" The Gosilipod chattered softly.

"I've lived in Hoenn my whole life!" He sounded proud of that, which Temp was. "Not, like, in this city, but I'm a beach rat."