pretend this has an angsty title [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 13:23:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it had almost been two years since piper had been in slateport.

the thought was enough to make them feel guilty— even through the anniversary of blacephalon’s attack on slateport, on their parents’ birthdays, they hadn’t gathered the courage to go. it wasn’t that they hadn’t wanted to. they had just been scared. they were still scared now, even with flowers to make up for all of it tucked under one arm. the other was close to their side, like it could help the nerves that gathered as they got closer to the graves of the people lost in the attack. it doesn’t, and they want to turn back and leave, even if is with them as a comforting presence. or what’s supposed to be one, at least; it’s not his fault, and has nothing to do with him, but they don’t feel very comforted.

”temp?” it’s quiet, even to them, and they don’t know if they can force any strength into their voice. they don’t even know if he’s heard them at all, but regardless, they reach a hand out.
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 13:20:27 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
@piper doesn't have to worry. Temp's hand slips into theirs and he gives them a winning smile, even if it's got a somber edge to it.

"You okay, lil bro?" He gave their hand a quick squeeze, slowing down his pace to make sure they could stick together. "You need to stop and catch your breath or anything?"

Or, for them to calm their nerves. Temp would let them hide the anxiety whatever way they were comfortable with, even if it was clear that might not be the truth. Kid had to get through this their own way and it wouldn't do well to force them.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 15:55:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","piper"]
piper relaxes a little at temp’s attempts to comfort them, even if it doesn’t do much to calm the nerves they feel. they try to manage a smile of their own, but it’s weak and halfhearted. at his question, they nod a little, trying to shift the flowers under their arm so they don’t drop any of them.

“sorry.” they don’t really know why they’re apologizing, just that they are- they know temp probably doesn’t mind, and it only takes a moment for them to gather their nerves before they start walking again. but this time, as they get closer to the memorial-

“do you think they’d be mad? that it’s taken this long?” they ask it without really thinking, try to push down the tremble in their voice at the question. they don’t specify who they are; they think temp knows, especially since they were the real reason piper’s here.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".piper"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".piper b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]

[newclass=".piper i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 13:33:10 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp let's it slide even if @piper doesn't have anything to apologize for. Calling attention to it might just make them feel worse and they were feeling bad enough already.

"I don't think so at all." And he offered another smile, this one softer, slightly more somber. He gave their hand a light squeeze to try and comfort.

"When my mom and sis.... well... I wasn't able to visit for a long time. Why would they hold that against you? They loved you, right?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 21:05:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","piper"]
if temp notices piper's apology, he doesn't say anything about it, and they inwardly feel more gratitude towards him. it's funny, really- they didn't think they would have been able to, but they suppose they can be surprised. even still, they watch him for an answer, with a little bit of dread at what it would be.

a tiny part of them almost wishes that their family would be mad about this, if they could ask.

it doesn't stop them from relaxing when temp reassures them that he doesn't think they are. because, despite their mixed feelings, they're almost sure the idea of their family being mad would hurt worse. and they're not so sure they could handle that on top of everything else.

"they did, but-" 'but i let them go without anything for almost two years.' they don't say it, and they're not entirely sure they can yet, but it's still there. instead, they make a motion to straighten a bouquet again; an attempt to distract themselves for just a moment. "it feels unfair of me, i think. to move on when they can't."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 1:06:55 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"You're not moving on. You're showing you still love them even if they can't be here for you." It's part of why Temp made sure, now, to always visit the grave site of his mom and sister on important dates. Even if they were gone he still loved them so much. It was a pain that would never go away.

"You said they loved you... so, they always fed you, helped you, played with you, made you feel safe and happy, right? Or... did they not do all that stuff for you?" It was kind of a leading question but he hoped that @piper wouldn't catch on to what he was doing.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 3:30:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","piper"]
maybe moving on wasn't the right phrase, piper thinks. it just seems wrong of them, when their parents had research to complete and they had none of that. even still, they relax a little at temp's reassurances and hope that he's right about this. "sorry. if that was a lot." they say, finally, unsure of what else they could say.

"they did, when they were alive." it's a blunt statement, but piper doesn't see a reason to dance around it when they're heading to the graves. "they had a lot of research, too, but...' but they had always made sure piper was doing well and taken care of. pushing their thoughts aside, they hesitate for just a second, unsure if they should ask it.

"does dealing with it ever get easier?" they hope he'll say yes, that it does, but they don't want him to lie either.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 16:42:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp can't help it. @piper makes him soft. He offers a smile, reaching out to try and lightly ruffle their hair.

"They gave you all that when they were alive, why would they suddenly deny you that? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, Pipes." It would take time for Piper to feel better. So, Temp would just have to do what he could until then.

"It does... kind of." How did he explain it? At least, his own version of grief? "Some people will tell you that all the bad feelings get smaller over time but that's not true. The grief is like a rock that's been stuck in your chest. It hurts. It doesn't get smaller but over time you grow around it. That way, it only hurts if you poke at it instead of all the time."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 19:28:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","piper"]
as temp reaches to ruffle their hair, piper huffs a little in faux annoyance. it reminds them of a family friend that used to babysit them before everything. they don't know if she's even still alive after the bombing, and the thought hurts. they're almost torn to check for her name on the memorial- if she's not, then they're not so sure they want to know.

"i don't know." they're not lying, because they don't know- or, rather, what little they do is hard to put into words. they struggle for an explanation, to explain that it feels unfair to their family when they weren't the one researching, but give up not long after. maybe someday they'll have the words for it, but not today.

"do you think i'm starting to? since i was able to come here?" to the memoriam in question, they mean- even if they don't want to look for names that would be familiar to them right now. even if they see the beginning of their last name as they glance up at the memoriam and have to force themselves to put flowers down instead while they steel their nerves.

a glance towards the names reassures them that their babysitter isn't on there. she's still alive- or they never found her, if she was involved. but piper chooses to have hope.

both for this, and that they're healing.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 10:32:05 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"You grow a little bit every day even if it doesn't feel like it." A playful little nudge, a fond smile. Temp only wanted the best for @piper. Much like 's pain, he wishes he could reach inside of their chest and take out all those bad feelings, keep them for himself so they never had to hurt again. But he can't do that, so he just offers what comfort he can.

"What kind of flowers did you bring them?" He asks next, trying to draw them out of their own mind. Did the flowers have any significance? Did Piper know if they did or not? Hell, even if it was just because they looked nice, it would give the kid something else to focus on for the moment.