gold

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 13:05:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

When was the last time they did a mission together?
[break][break]
It feels like forever now, and honestly, Sol hadn’t expected Uri to be among the people Slateport’s police department sent to the bank when they requested League assistance – not when he had just become an officer so very recently.
[break][break]
Isn’t it too much of a high risk mission to give to a rookie? Even if, as of this moment, the “heist” is no more than a possibility since a few banks in the area recently became easy targets for robberies. Apparently, Piazza Oro Grande Bank’s branch in Slateport’s lower district might be next, so here they are, helping with security.
[break][break]
For now, just patrolling.
[break][break]
”What’s with the Kommo-o?”
[break][break]
The dragon stands tall and imposing, her shiny metal-like scales jingling musically as if bells with every single movement. It looks powerful, but as far as Sol’s aware, it definitely isn’t one of Uri’s pokémon...

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #AF3937; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #AF3937; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #AF3937; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #AF3937; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #AF3937; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #AF3937!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #AF3937; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #AF3937; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #AF3937; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 16:55:27 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it really does feel like forever, but there is a sense of comfort and familiarity that comes with doing a mission again with her.

it's almost second nature.

"what, her?"

he looks at the kommo-o next to him.

"the bank requested for a dragon-type specifically. no idea why."

they're just like any other pokemon, except they look big and strong. so maybe that's why?

he shrugs, bringing a hand up to wipe some dust off his sleek-looking officer uniform.

"i can't really say her name, though. i just call her peter."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 17:48:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Huh… They did?”
[break][break]
Do most people find Dragon types to be intimidating or something? That would make sense, but to Sol they’re a pokémon like any other, even when they’re tall, impressive, and clad in shiny scales. Seriously, how are this Kommo-o’s scales so shiny? Do they get polished or something?
[break][break]
Her Houndoom sits next to her, and he seems to almost huff when looking up at the Dragon type.
[break][break]
Peter? Now I want to know what her actual name is…”
[break][break]
Even if lightly and for a mere second, she can’t help but chuckle, and this in itself makes her realize how much she missed having Uri with her on missions. He always has a way of making things less tense and more enjoyable for her even if, arguably, nothing should be enjoyable about this and they should take it seriously...
[break][break]
”Nice uniform, by the way.”

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #AF3937; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #AF3937; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #AF3937; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #AF3937; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #AF3937!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #AF3937; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #AF3937; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #AF3937; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 18:33:33 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"she's named after some god or something. no idea, honestly."

sorry, .

but the conversation moves along, leaving peter behind. quite literally, too, as the dragon-type turns to regard the almost huffing houndoom.

"thanks. i think it fits me really well."

he smirks the same way he always does, confident as ever.

"you don't look too bad in yours either, cap."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 3:34:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

If Sol were to be told what the Kommo-o’s name actually is, she’d laugh in Uri’s face for calling her ‘Peter’ out of all things. But, since she doesn’t know, she’s also not the type of person to easily make an accurate guess, so Uri is safe – for now.
[break][break]
Well, except for…
[break][break]
”You do know my pokémon are technically named after gods too, right?”
[break][break]
Let’s be honest, he probably also can’t properly pronounce the names of most of those. Although, unlike the esteemed POG Bank CEO, Sol likes to try to keep most of hers simple.
[break][break]
Either way, the topic easily shifts to talking about uniforms, and isn’t that just so much more fun to talk about?
[break][break]
Even if slightly, her eyebrows quirk and she looks at him – up and down, shamelessly. Then, her gaze meets his, and she smirks.
[break][break]
”Hmm… It does, yeah.”
[break][break]
That’s probably one of the best compliments he’d get from her.
[break][break]
”You already knew what I look like in uniform, though.”

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 6:01:17 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"they are?"

he's joking, clearly, because he had taken the time to look up some of their names just because he wanted to be able to properly pronounce them as well as talk to her about them should it ever come up. so far, it hasn't, but the knowledge is still there, ready to be used.

shameless as ever, he does the same to her, admiring her outfit with a smirk.

"true, true. i just missed seeing you in it."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 6:32:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Jötnar, actually. They’re different from gods in Norse mythology… I had this book about them when I was a kid, my brother used to read it with me sometimes.”
[break][break]
This anecdote about her life is offered with no more than a simple shrug, when it really is the sort of thing Sol wouldn’t usually share with such ease. Is it just because she’s talking to Uri? Is it because she really does trust him? Maybe she just wants him to know more about her and the reasons why she does some of the things she does…
[break][break]
Things like giving her pokémon the names they have.
[break][break]
A hand reaches down, scratching the head of the Houndoom that stays right next to her.
[break][break]
”I bet you did… It’s been a while since we’ve had a mission together.”
[break][break]
There’s a faint smile with this, and even though she doesn’t say it, it’s obvious that she also missed it.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 8:19:50 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"i read a little bit about them. they're neither gods or mortals, right? i think they're giants, or something."

appreciating the fact that she shared, he offers her a warm smile, genuine as usual.

and then he continues keeping watch, remaining vigilant.

"do you miss doing missions together?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 8:40:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

He read a little about them? Why? It really doesn’t seem like the sort of thing Uri would care about…
[break][break]
Was he just curious about her pokémons’ names or something?
[break][break]
Jötunn can mean ‘giant’, but most of them aren’t particularly big or anything, so it can be confusing, but yeah… I’m kind of surprised you’ve read about that stuff.”
[break][break]
There’s no point in denying this.
[break][break]
And, when the next question comes, she does no more than glance at him, then returning her attention to their surroundings.
[break][break]
”Do you think I do?”
[break][break]
The answer should be obvious, so leave it to Sol to make things difficult for him now that he chose to question it.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 14:44:44 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"i read a bit about them to try and impress you, but i also really wanted to learn more about you and the things you like."

did it pay off? he could only wonder, but her surprise is a good sign.

he ponders her question for a moment, pausing as he looks back at the main building.

"yeah, i think so. i'm fun to go on missions with."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 15:19:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”You wanted to learn more about me and the things I like? That’s cute, but you could have just asked.”
[break][break]
Could he have, though?
[break][break]
Realistically, she probably wouldn’t have told him much and whatever he learned from researching is probably more than what he would have gotten out of her, but of course Sol doesn’t realize that much.
[break][break]
Or, does she pretend she does not?
[break][break]
Did his efforts pay off?
[break][break]
”I am impressed, though.”
[break][break]
Guess so.
[break][break]
With a smirk, it is for only a couple of seconds that she looks at him once more, meeting his gaze before returning her attention to patrolling.
[break][break]
”That’s not why I miss it, but yeah, I do miss it.”
[break][break]
When has she ever admitted to these things so easily?

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 16:06:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
he could've asked, sure, but would something have come from it? even now, he's not entirely too sure. probably not, knowing her.

but she is impressed, and the smugness on his face shows in response.

"oh."

his attention shifts to her, distracted briefly.

"why do you miss it?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 16:43:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

With how rarely Sol says words like those, his smugness is probably justified. Still, she rolls her eyes when glancing at his expression, because of course she does.
[break][break]
And yet, her smirk remains, because it’s impossible to deny that she’s actually happy that Uri cared enough to actually try to learn about all that. It’s something that’s important to her.
[break][break]
”Hmm… Don’t know if you deserve to know the answer…”
[break][break]
As per usual, she teases him. Just as he should expect.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
gold
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 18:43:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri does expect it, and in any other situation he might've said something different, but because they're on a mission, he decides to be somewhat professional even if no one could hear them. probably.

"hmm. maybe you can tell me after this mission."

the mission — something feels off but in typical uri fashion, he doesn't quite notice it until it's too late.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 0:53:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

As much as Sol did miss doing missions with Uri, there’s no denying that he can easily do what most people can’t: distract her.
[break][break]
Usually, this wouldn’t be a bad thing, but in a situation such as this one, the last thing either of them should be is distracted.
[break][break]
Yet, she glances at him, playfulness obvious in both her stare and her words:
[break][break]
”Maybe I could.”
[break][break]
Her Houndoom, on the other hand, isn’t distracted, and his ears perk up – his body tense as he stands.
[break][break]
”Logi?”