3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
waking nightmare [dream][c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 21:08:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was too sudden, too quick—

The way a passing, billowing burst of pink gas had suddenly swallowed him. What the hell was the ‘Interdream Zone’ supposed to be? He hadn’t encountered this term anywhere at all, only tonight, so why the hell did it decide to take him all of a sudden?!

It didn’t take too long for Lars to hear things, though.

Voices he thought he would never hear again.

The first one made him come to a complete standstill. Wait a second, how was it possible, what the fuck was he seeing within this—

Was that…

“E… Evan?” he croaked hoarsely, looking around wildly as he tried to chase where the voice was coming from. No, wait, how was that possible? He knew the other had left for a journey somewhere—so how was he able to make it back, and on this night of all nights, even?

How did the other know that there was a party going on at the moment? Out here?

“Evan, wait!” he called out, running blindly.

oh no.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 19:01:53 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
waking nightmare
what secrets does the heart hide?
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bang"]theme
[attr="class","bang"]hideaway

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
She knows nothing of danger but it seems that she's always drawn to it without ever knowing.

When pink mist swirls at her feet, she's quick to flinch, instinctively reaching for the Dragapult wrapped around her neck as she takes a step back. While she's struggling to comprehend the meaning of Interdream Zone, Ren is more or less ready to wrangle any soul that comes stumbling out of the mist, his claws flexing and stretching as his eyes dart around.

It is here that she listens, witnesses what seems to be a rather strange sight: Lars being caught in the mist, standing frozen to the ground as he looks off into the distance. As if a ghost has possessed him, he calls out to spectres that don't seem to exist. And it piques her interest, just as much as it does raise alarms for Ren.

Where is her cousin going? What does he see in this endless swirl of pink? She'll follow close and bear witness to whatever may come, but she doesn't quite dare to tear her cousin out of his trance just yet.

Perhaps, she'll finally see what demons and ghosts he's been keeping locked up all this time.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3pRNK.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/vZ3pRNK.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 18:28:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Obviously, even Alpha was surprised—where the hell had Lars gone off to?!

The Lucario noticed that the young girl was following where his crazy human had gone deeper into the pink gas, Alpha the Lucario stayed near her just in case the Dragapult got assaulted by who the hell knew what else was waiting in the mist.

Over where Lars had run off, the mist swirled and thickened—he didn’t notice the purple tinge bleeding into it; nor the multitude of blinking eyes—he’d literally zoned in on that voice, the one he thought he would never hear again.

Upon finding him, the first thing he did was run full-tilt toward the other man and tried to tackle the other—despite knowing that he was adverse to being touched by most people.

Well, Lars wasn’t ‘most people’ in this case, so…

“Where the hell have you been?” were the first words he mentioned. “You never did tell me where you were headed, you just—left. And you haven’t contacted in so long, was there a reason for—”

Instead of hearing relief—instead he heard something else.

Whispers, hissing. Venom brought to life, anger disguised as honeyed words of comfort.

“What?” was the first word that fell from his mouth as he backed away. “Evan. You… you can’t—you can’t mean that… do you?

Still the voice persisted; only this time to be joined by another being whipped up from the depths of the purple-tinged pink substance. The voice that rang out from the depths sent the bad kind of chill down his spine at the sight of just who it was.

“No… no, this can’t be… real,” he gasped, backing away.

“You’re… you’re…”

For the second face the swirling miasma had taken…

—was that of Léanne, his younger sister.

OH NO

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 18:18:35 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
waking nightmare
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Though Lumia isn't quite perceptive enough of her surroundings to notice their new companion, Ren surely recognises and offers Alpha a quiet nod, gesturing for him to keep close. Knowing his trainer, the Dragapult is prepared for her to get lost within this swirling sea of pink. Perhaps, even a little too prepared for her to get jumped by danger. Regardless, he guides her with gentle nudges and points in the direction of the cousin she pursues.

Evan, Léanne - She recognises the names of her cousins, their voices and their appearances but she fails to understand the emotions they display. Anger? Frustration? Whilst she'd been cradled by a loving family in sleepy Oldale, she'd never been able to ask about the Andersons, about what happened to them. Her parents had refused to stomach such a discussion, even on the most grim of days.

She holds her breath. So this is how she finds out, piecing together the pieces she's been offered as Lars stumbles and trips within this web of lies.

What a horrible person she is.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3pRNK.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/vZ3pRNK.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 21:49:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was like the absolute nightmares come to life—

He could hear the hisses, the whispering—the way that Léanne had appeared from the pink—now turned purple—actually, now it was purple and black mixing together; the way that her visage had turned bloody; was this the injuries that she’d sustained down at the Slateport Night Market?

The way their voices were overpowering him; brought him to a standstill. The way it was grating deep inside—it was too much for him to handle…

And brought him to his knees, unable to pretty much say anything at all; at least for the moment.

The words did come, but they were in Alto Marean.

“Léanne, why didn’t you run?! I thought I told you to get out of here! Why did you stay behind? Did you seriously—did you really believe what he was telling you?!” he began, his anguish slowly emerging.

“I already told you to be safe, but only Claude’s here… why didn’t you run?! Did Fritz fail? I asked him to look after the two of you, I know how much of an idiot he was around Claude!”

Was he cracking? Maybe.

Oh and don’t get him started on Evan, either.

Alpha could sense the distress rolling off the other in waves; it was threatening to drown him too.

OH NO (used Nightmare, 1 / 3)

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 12:44:18 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
waking nightmare
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Purple and black: The darkest hues of pain and despair. She watches everything swirling into an unconceivable mess, and knows that she's starting to see things that should have been left as they were in the past.

When he cries, she moves before she thinks and reaches out for him. "It's a bad dream." Even if Ren gives her the look that says this is obviously a bad idea, she doesn't pull away, merely squeezing his hand in her own to remind him that she's there. "It's just another bad dream."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 22:09:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Lucario looked over to her, and then to the Dragapult, shaking his head because this was definitely not the best of ideas, however—

Another hideous noise came from where Lars had fallen down, now doubled over and trying to block out the nasty whispering voices that were hacking away at him, reminding him of how much of a failure he had been, driving the entire family apart after that time—

Especially that one time.

Oh, fuck, and now he could hear Evan’s voice among the whispers, telling him how he wasn’t there to save him. Wait, save him? Save him from what?

Before another ugly noise could escape him, he felt something squeezing his hand. Gently, not like those harsh whispers that were hissing in his ear, worming their way into his head and trying to crack him open—

“Lu…mie?” he sobbed quietly.

What demented, twisted dimension were they in now?

OH NO (used dimension, 2 / 3)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 3:43:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A (soiree awards)

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: