thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 15:36:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"i had it handled." [break][break]

he snaps back, though his tone lacks the anger that's so clear and prominent in hers.[break][break]

coughing, he uses the duration of her lecture to regain his breath, and after, he's stepping all too close to her.[break][break]

"careful, lia. i'm still your captain, or have you forgotten?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 15:50:01 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She scoffs at his retort, crossing her arms, and when she does, the Comfey that remained wrapped around her wrist wiggles itself free, flying off only to remain nearby – watching them.
[break][break]
Watching the way Lance steps closer to her. Too close, perhaps.
[break][break]
Watching the way Lia holds her ground, forced to look up to meet his gaze because of the sheer height difference between them.
[break][break]
”You can’t make that matter whenever it pleases you, Lance.
[break][break]
What is there to be careful about?
[break][break]
Yes, he is her captain, but he can’t pick and choose when to remind her of it at convenience. She knows why he’s doing it now and why he didn’t before, but it’s still all too annoying and hurtful.
[break][break]
”It sure didn’t matter when you fucked me, did it?”
[break][break]
Throwing those words at him as if a deftly aimed arrow, she glares up at him.
[break][break]
It’s the truth, and there’s no denying it. No matter how much resentment there is when she speaks of it.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 16:06:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"what?"[break][break]

he blinks, pausing for the longest of moments.[break][break]

"is that what this is about?"[break][break]

there are so many things he could say and even more he shouldn't say, but as his pokemon emerge from the cave, he's reminded of the gravity of the situation.[break][break]

he looks back at her, eyes narrowing just a little.[break][break]

"this isn't the time nor the place to talk about it, cadet."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 16:19:18 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

And there he goes again; picking and choosing when things matter.
[break][break]
Because he gets to choose, doesn’t he?
[break][break]
Because it’s all about what he wants, isn’t it?
[break][break]
If Lia wasn’t convinced before that whatever little may have existed between them never mattered to him, she sure is after he throws her rank at her face instead of calling her by her name, and it hurts.
[break][break]
There’s the sting of tears that slowly begin to form, but she doesn’t look away.
[break][break]
”No, but you also can’t pretend it’s not about that… Nor can you fault me for making the mistake of worrying and caring about you when you don’t even care about yourself.”
[break][break]
Only after saying this is that she sighs in defeat, turning to walk towards where her Pidgeot patiently waits for her.
[break][break]
”You’re right, captain. I’ll go back to searching.”
[break][break]
Searching without him.
[break][break]
Since, right now, the last thing she wants is to be around him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 16:27:57 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

you don't even care about yourself.[break][break]

it isn't the first time hearing those words and he doubts it'll be the last, but there's something oddly familiar about the way she says it. or perhaps it's the genuine concern she shows for him time and time again.[break][break]

it should be comforting, but it's anything but.[break][break]

he doesn't move, at least not until she takes off on her pidgeot.[break][break]

his porygon2 boops its head into his leg, and after a sigh, he nods.[break][break]

"yeah. let's keep searching."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 16:49:11 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Lia hates crying, she has for as long as she can remember, but it’s with ease that tears always seem to come to her.
[break][break]
As she flies on her Pidgeot’s back, clinging to the comfort of soft feathers, the tears make her eyes ache, and it becomes increasingly hard to scan her surroundings. It makes her want to stop and just sob under a tree, but she knows she can’t, so she wipes all those tears away with the back of her hand and keeps on searching.
[break][break]
It’s at the very area of the disaster that she has her Pidgeot land, having caught sight of a small Magby that’s stuck unable to move because the nearby path has been washed away by all the rock and mud.
[break][break]
One wrong step and it’d be a dangerous fall, and yet, despite realizing this, she attempts to reach the baby pokémon.
[break][break]
Step by step…
[break][break]
Careful…
[break][break]
Until what looks like a perfectly safe rock suddenly crumbles beneath her weight.
[break][break]
And so, she falls.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 18:23:50 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

he doesn't see it happen — even if he had, what could he have done? he's miles away.[break][break]

it's only when porygon2 starts vibrating next to him that he realizes something might be off. he looks ahead, noticing his mandibuzz circling overhead in a way they've trained time and time again. [break][break]

"shit."[break][break]

recalling his kabutops and scooping porygon2 into his arms, a volcarona emerges, and he's quick to latch onto one of its tiny legs before they fly towards his mandibuzz.[break][break]

soon, he drops, landing with a thud before jogging over to the ledge.[break][break]

he peers down, expecting to find the missing hikers.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 18:46:53 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Her reaction is almost completely out of instinct.
[break][break]
The moment she slides down, the moment the Magby slides down with her, she reaches for it, an arm holding it tightly and close to her chest. The hand that’s free tries to find support in the rocks, and there’s painful cuts and scratches until she grasps something solid to hold onto.
[break][break]
Holding on hurts, and honestly, she probably wouldn’t have been able to do so if it weren’t for all those years of archery. Especially not with the Magby wiggling under her arm as if trying to break free. Especially not with the way its claws dig into her skin, going as far as drawing blood.
[break][break]
”Little dude, I’m gonna need you to calm down and try not to burn me or anything, okay?”
[break][break]
Her voice is quiet, tired, and pained, not really expecting the wild pokémon to listen to her.
[break][break]
How will she get out of this one? She can’t really reach for any of her pokéballs, and while her Pidgeot does circle overhead, trying to hold onto him would probably be even more dangerous than this.
[break][break]
Caught up in this situation as she is, she doesn’t notice Lance, but her Comfey does, and it goes over to him, desperately flying around him as if trying to get his attention.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 19:03:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

the comfey doesn't have to try very hard — he sees it the moment he peers over the ledge. it looks bad, and a hand scrambles to find the right pokeballs in his pocket.[break][break]

"hold on, lia!"[break][break]

whatever frustrations instantly fade, overpowered by concern as pokeballs flash open. two vespiquen buzz through the air, floating down to flank lia before grabbing onto her and the magby. it's with ease that they're lifted back up, now safe and away from danger.[break][break]

and into his arms, oddly enough.[break][break]

"are you okay?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 19:19:55 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Whatever may have happened between them, whatever painful words may have been exchanged, none of it crosses her mind the moment she hears his voice. There’s only relief, and it’s almost too easy to rely on him – to trust him, even with everything that has happened between them.
[break][break]
Still holding tightly onto the Magby, she allows his pokémon to carry her up, and when they drop her right into his arms, she doesn’t move away from him. In fact, she leans in, gently resting her forehead against his chest...
[break][break]
At first, she says nothing, still recovering from everything she just experienced, but her recovery time is cut short by the wiggling of the pokémon her arms, and by the pain of those sharp claws so carelessly scratching her.
[break][break]
Ow. Okay, okay…”
[break][break]
A tired chuckle and she steps away from Lance, offering him a quick and slight smile before turning her attention the Magby. She crouches down, letting it go so it can ran back to the wild.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 19:29:59 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

for moments, all feels right again.[break][break]

but it's cut short, and before he knows it, she's stepping away, separating. he almost wishes she hadn't.[break][break]

his attention turns away shortly after hers, shifting to the two vespiquen before giving them a nod of gratitude. they soon fan out, joining the others in search for the missing hikers.[break][break]

once again, he turns back to look at her, asking with genuine concern:[break][break]

"are you okay?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 0:56:10 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She’s not okay.
[break][break]
Nothing about this situation is okay.
[break][break]
As she watches the Magby run away and disappear among rocks, the relief of being safe and seeing that the pokémon is okay is all washed away and replaced by disappointment in herself. How could she make such a stupid mistake? How can she be so useless?
[break][break]
There’s a sigh, and from where she is, she looks up at Lance.
[break][break]
”...Yeah.”
[break][break]
He sounds concerned, but Lia can’t help but wonder if he’s actually annoyed at her. She would be in his place, for it was a foolish mistake to make, and she should have known better.
[break][break]
What if he hadn’t come to save her?
[break][break]
”...Sorry… We should get back to searching.”
[break][break]
She stands, and her Comfey flies over to rest atop of her head.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 8:24:41 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

he's not annoyed, no, but it's not like she would know as he makes no indication of it. in fact, he looks almost too indifferent, perhaps understanding their priorities lie elsewhere.[break][break]

"it's okay."[break][break]

they should get back to searching.[break][break]

he takes a step away, focusing on the task at hand.[break][break]

"ready?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 9:15:20 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Indifference.
[break][break]
Does he really not care about her? Is he not glad that she’s okay?
[break][break]
For a moment, the thought spreads as if it is a poison, making her feel uneasy and also making her wish she were anywhere else but next to him. And yet, she doesn’t step away, nor does she call her Pidgeot and take to the skies in order to avoid being next to him.
[break][break]
She simply sighs.
[break][break]
”Okay. Yeah, let’s go.”
[break][break]
She too knows what their priorities are, and honestly, she’d also rather focus on finding the hikers than on any of the thoughts that fill her mind.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 11:21:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

after that, it doesn't take them long to find the missing hikers. they have his vespiquen to thank, really, as the two bug-types brought them over to a cliff that drops off onto a platform, and it's there that they find the hikers.[break][break]

"hang on! we'll get you up!"[break][break]

and they do.[break][break]

after, it's a long walk back to the pokemon center. a perfect time to talk as the two rangers lead up ahead.[break][break]

"i'm glad you're okay."

[break][break]