TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 11:41:30 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

In truth, it all just makes her feel useless.
[break][break]
Lance and his pokémon are the ones who found the hikers, while she had just been along for the ride and to give a hand. What did she even do other than that? Rescue a few pokémon and almost get seriously injured (or worse) in the process? Lance had even had to waste time saving her, and he probably could have gotten to the hikers sooner if it hadn’t been for her.
[break][break]
This is not what being a ranger was supposed to be like.
[break][break]
If she’s just going to be a hindrance, then what’s the point in being here?
[break][break]
These are the thoughts that cross Lia’s mind as they walk back to the pokémon center, and while a HEAL PULSE on part of her Ralts easily took care of her injuries for the most part, there’s still that ache that seems almost as if it comes from deep within her heart.
[break][break]
”Yeah… Thanks…”
[break][break]
It’s hard to believe he means his words, and she’s too caught up in her own annoyance at herself.
[break][break]
He’s probably annoyed at her too, isn’t he? How couldn’t he be, when she had been so useless today?
[break][break]
The memory of their argument lingers, and it makes her wish she could be somewhere else.

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 15:09:43 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

her lack of words tells him enough, because if the situation was reversed, he'd be feeling the same way, and though it's part of his job to make sure his colleagues are okay, his concern stems beyond just that.[break][break]

"i wouldn't worry about it, by the way."[break][break]

his voice is gentle, calm.[break][break]

"you did a good job."

[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 15:28:44 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

How is she supposed to not worry about it?
[break][break]
Lia had changed her whole life to become a ranger, it had been one of the biggest decisions she had ever made, and all of it for what? To end up not even being able to rescue a stupid tiny pokémon by herself?
[break][break]
Useless.
[break][break]
Worthless.
[break][break]
Not good enough.
[break][break]
”You don’t need to try to make me feel better, captain.”
[break][break]
Her words aren’t particularly cold, but there’s nothing warm about them either, and as they walk towards the pokémon center, she looks ahead, not once turning to face him.
[break][break]
It hurts.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 15:34:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"lia..."[break][break]

it hurts — this time in a much different way.[break][break]

"you just made a mistake. it happens. i made one earlier, too, in that cave and you came to save me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 15:43:37 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Didn’t you say you had it handled?”
[break][break]
She knows it’s petty of her. She knows Lance is just trying to make her feel better, and that maybe he even realized he was wrong to yell at her. Does he deserve to have her using him to vent all of her frustrations and that anger that should actually be aimed at no one but herself?
[break][break]
No, he doesn’t deserve it.
[break][break]
Of course he doesn’t.
[break][break]
Lia sighs then, and for the first time since he rescued her, she actually looks at him.
[break][break]
”What if I’m not made for this?”
[break][break]
She doesn't want it to be true, but it seems to her as if an obvious fact after everything that happened today.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 15:53:13 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

as petty as it might have been, he probably deserves it for yelling at her. so it's with a nod that he accepts it, saying nothing else, at least not until she speaks up again.[break][break]

he turns, meeting her gaze.[break][break]

"you've been a ranger for, what, a few weeks? you're training, you're improving — you'll get there. you just have to continue working towards it."[break][break]

it's a genuine smile he offers her.[break][break]

"i believe in you, lia."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 16:06:06 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

It’s hard to believe his words when she feels the way she does; when everything that happened tells her she’s nothing more than a failure and that anyone else would have done better if they had been in her place. But, even if that’s the case, there’s something strangely reassuring about hearing Lance tell her he believes in her, and it makes her hope he’s being honest.
[break][break]
How can something as simple as seeing him smile like that make her heart flutter? Even after they argued? Even after everything that happened?
[break][break]
It’s faintly that pink hues colour her cheeks, and while somewhat sad and somewhat tired, the smile she offers him in return is one as gentle and soft as ever.
[break][break]
”Thanks, Lance.”
[break][break]
And yet, inevitably so, there’s that thought: he may believe in her, but what if she disappoints him?

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 16:14:54 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

familiar sights bring with them relief. he's thankful for it.[break][break]

"and, about earlier..."[break][break]

this is still neither the time nor the place to talk about it, but he does so anyway.[break][break]

his voice is gentle, quiet as it approaches a whisper.[break][break]

"it wasn't just about sleeping with you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 16:27:38 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

It’s definitely not the time or the place, and out of all things Lia may have expected him to say when mentioning “earlier” and moving closer, what he actually says goes beyond the realm of possibility.
[break][break]
Thankfully, the hikers are far behind and too caught up in their own conversation to hear them, but this sure doesn’t stop the pink tones at her cheeks from deepening. Nor does it stop her from gently – yet meaningfully – kicking his shin.
[break][break]
Lance.
[break][break]
Her tone is somewhat scolding and filled with disbelief, yet despite this, there’s still a soft smile tugging at her lips.
[break][break]
In truth, she can’t help but think about his words, and it makes her wonder what he meant. She could ask, of course, but she chooses not to, instead simply moving just a little closer – enough for her arm to brush against his.
[break][break]
”...I’m glad.”
[break][break]
What else is there to say but that?

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 16:45:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

the hikers couldn't possibly hear him, so the kick to his shin is a little uncalled for. he stumbles slightly, though not nearly enough to trip over. that would've been embarrassing.[break][break]

"ouch."[break][break]

despite the pain, he chuckles, mirroring her smile as his arm brushes against hers.[break][break]

nothing else needs to be said, really, but he continues, forcing himself to share.[break][break]

"this is just...difficult for me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 17:15:09 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

If only for a second, when seeing him stumble, Lia wonders if she may have gotten a little too carried away with the kick. Since, yes, it would have been embarrassing if he tripped – even for her.
[break][break]
But, when he chuckles, she does too, and for a moment she simply enjoys things as they are, walking next to him without saying anything at all.
[break][break]
Sharing more, explaining things… It all doesn’t seem like something Lance would often do, or like something that would come easily to him. She doesn’t push him for answers, and yet they still come. Why is he pushing himself for her?
[break][break]
Even if it may be foolish, it makes her happy.
[break][break]
As if maybe, just maybe, perhaps things do matter to him…
[break][break]
So, it’s for his sake that she doesn’t look at him when giving her answer:
[break][break]
”I know… but it doesn’t have to be. I–… I don’t want to make things difficult for you, Lance.”
[break][break]
Her words are but a whisper, and she stays right where she is – walking next to him. Her arm brushes against him, and if only for a second, her fingers touch his.
[break][break]
”...What do you want?”
[break][break]
That’s the most important question, isn’t it?

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 18:58:32 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

what do you want?[break][break]

"...to stop hurting."[break][break]

his fingers intertwine with hers.[break][break]

"to move on."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 19:23:09 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

It hurts to hear it, although probably not nearly as much as it hurts for him to say it, and even though she has never been through what he has, she understands. She too wants to stop hurting. She too wants to be able to move on. She wants to be happy, but how could she when she knows she gets to do so and they don’t?
[break][break]
It’s not difficult for her to realize that thoughts like those probably cross Lance’s mind too, and so it’s gently that she squeezes his hand while they walk.
[break][break]
”I know… But things like those take time, Lance. You don’t need to rush it.”
[break][break]
He shouldn’t rush it.
[break][break]
Even if that in itself might end up hurting her.
[break][break]
Turning, she looks up at him, and while it may be slight, her smile is an honest one.
[break][break]
”I’ll be here.”
[break][break]
’For you.’
[break][break]
With you.
[break][break]
Those last few thoughts aren't said, of course.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 19:57:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

he really shouldn't rush it.[break][break]

"i'll try not to."[break][break]

his hand squeezes hers as well as he returns her smile.[break][break]

"you shouldn't wait, though. i don't want to end up disappointing you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2021 2:36:47 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

This really isn’t the time or the place to be having such an important conversation, but would any time or place ever be right? Probably not, especially not with the way things have been, and especially since it’s all too obvious that it’s not easy for Lance to open up and talk about these things…
[break][break]
Is it selfish that she feels glad that he’s actually trying?
[break][break]
There’s relief in hearing he’ll try not to rush things, but a sigh escapes her at his next words, and she does no more than look up at him.
[break][break]
”Lance.”
[break][break]
She frowns, even if slightly.
[break][break]
”That’s not your choice to make.”
[break][break]
Even if he’s probably right. Even if it’s very likely that she’ll come out of this hurt and perhaps even heartbroken.
[break][break]
”It’s not about waiting either. I’m saying I’ll be here for you, regardless of that.”
[break][break]
Even if he does disappoint her. Even if nothing comes out of it.
[break][break]
Gently, her hand returns the squeeze.
[break][break]
”I care about you.”