thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 19:40:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

just a little over a year, give or take, but he's thankful she doesn't ask.[break][break]

"no pressure," when said with a teasing smirk, of course there'd be pressure.[break][break]

while she cooks, he simply watches her, gaze never leaving for long.[break][break]

"i cook, just not well."[break][break]

then, a thought:[break][break]

"why? would you like me to cook for you?"

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 2:37:39 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”You’re making it worse.”
[break][break]
Lightly so, she chuckles, because as much as it may definitely add to the pressure, there’s no denying that she’s also enjoying it quite a lot. It’s fun to do this sort of thing with him, and Lia finds herself a little surprised to realize this given how she usually can’t stand cooking.
[break][break]
At the mention of him cooking for her, she turns to meet his gaze, smirking too.
[break][break]
”I wasn’t going to say it, but now that you mention it… That’d be cute. We could see whose food is worse.”
[break][break]
There’s a grin, obviously just meant to tease him.

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 7:15:57 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"pretty sure mine is, but sure, i'll cook for you sometime."[break][break]

what would he even cook? pasta? that's boring, seeing as they're already eating pasta now. maybe eggs? toast? he'll figure it out.[break][break]

"any requests?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 10:16:46 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Oh come on, it can’t be that bad.”
[break][break]
Gentle laughter rises lightly for a second, even if her words are honest: being that she herself isn’t the greatest cook out there, Lia doubts that she’d mind all that much. Then again, it wouldn’t hurt to give him a fighting chance, right?
[break][break]
She looks up to meet his gaze, and when she does, there’s a teasing smirk tugging at her lips:
[break][break]
”You can make me toast for breakfast sometime, how about that?”
[break][break]
A finger pokes his cheek, and purposefully all too dismissive of the implications of her own words, she turns her attention back to the pasta that is almost ready.
[break][break]
”Wanna set the table for us, by the way? It’ll only be a couple of minutes here.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 16:50:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

breakfast. the implication is not lost on him. it's why he returns the smirk, leaning in all too easily.[break][break]

"alright. tomorrow, then?"[break][break]

do they even have work tomorrow?[break][break]

his cheek's poked, and he steps away after, chuckling softly as he heads towards the table to set it up.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 17:54:12 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Tomorrow.
[break][break]
That definitely wasn’t what she intended for when saying those words (since really, Lia didn’t think her intentions through at all), but the thought is a nice one regardless, and wasn’t Lance saying over what all this was leading to anyway?
[break][break]
At least they don’t have work, or well, at least she doesn’t. It would be weird if she knew his schedule by heart, wouldn’t it?
[break][break]
Even if she’s already all too aware of on what days they’ll be working together…
[break][break]
She ponders on things like those while serving their food, soon heading to the table with two plates of pasta topped with bolognese sauce.
[break][break]
”Alright, don’t be mad at me if it’s terrible…”
[break][break]
It probably isn’t, but it probably also isn’t the best either. Did she even remember to put salt in the water?

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 19:22:39 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

it might not be the best, but he appreciates it all the same because the sentiment remains, outlasting whatever soggy pasta he might soon bite into.[break][break]

"i'll try not to be..."[break][break]

he says this jokingly, of course.[break][break]

after taking a bite, almost cruelly, he says nothing, only looking up to meet her gaze after a few dreadful moments of silence.[break][break]

finally, he smiles.[break][break]

"i like it."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 22:23:35 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

It’s nerve-wracking.
[break][break]
Lia has never considered herself to be an overly nervous or anxious person, but watching him take a bite and say nothing feels like slow torture. She’s pretty sure her heart rate must be stupidly, and even though the smile does help, it’s not until he says he likes it that she allows herself a relieved sigh.
[break][break]
Which is soon followed by a short laugh.
[break][break]
”You’re way too nice, I bet it’s terrible.”
[break][break]
Pink hues colour her cheeks, and yet, she still smiles at him before giving the pasta a try...
[break][break]
With the sauce it’s really not that bad, but by itself? Definitely soggy and kind of really bland.
[break][break]
Isn’t pasta supposed to be one of the easiest things to make?

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 5:31:43 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"it's not too bad..."[break][break]

it's definitely not good either, but he's confident he'd like anything she cooks for him, really.[break][break]

"i like it because you made it."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 6:50:26 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Lance.
[break][break]
It’s such a silly thing, and yet she can’t help but smile, a quiet chuckle leaving her as she looks at him.
[break][break]
”It’s terrible.
[break][break]
The chuckle turns into light laughter, but as little as Lia may care for her own terrible cooking, there’s something nice and comforting about hearing him say he likes it because she made it. It makes her feel warm inside.
[break][break]
”Don’t say that or I won’t try next time and I’ll be even worse.”
[break][break]
Will there be a next time?
[break][break]
Should they get used to all this?
[break][break]
Her attention returns to her pasta, avoiding questions like these.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 13:57:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

next time.[break][break]

the thought makes him happy.[break][break]

"fine. it's a six out of ten, could definitely use a bit of work."[break][break]

he smiles, because look at him being constructive![break][break]

"guess we'll be ordering a lot instead."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 14:18:17 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

It should only be expected that his words are met with a pout, but honestly speaking, a ‘six out of ten’ is more than what she expected or what she thinks her pasta deserves.
[break][break]
”Constructive, but harsh.”
[break][break]
At this, she chuckles, mirroring his smile.
[break][break]
Ordering…
[break][break]
Is this really going to become a regular thing, then?
[break][break]
She really wouldn’t mind that…
[break][break]
”Guess so. Luckily for you, I’m pretty great at ordering good food.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 16:41:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"want me to be less harsh next time?"[break][break]

there it is again: next time.[break][break]

at her words, he only smiles, genuine.[break][break]

"you know, you're great at a lot of things, lia."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 16:58:26 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Next time.
[break][break]
Should they really be so casual about all that? Probably not, but it feels natural and it feels right.
[break][break]
”Nah, I can handle harsh.”
[break][break]
She smirks, although what she apparently can’t handle is a simple compliment coming from him, but then again, is that really a surprise? Even if slightly so, her cheeks flush, but with it also comes a soft smile.
[break][break]
”Yeah? Like what?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,434 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 18:23:58 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

what are some of the things she's great at? it's not hard to come up with a list, but it is hard to decide which ones to voice. she's been nice to him tonight, so he'll give her a few.[break][break]

"you're great at your job, great at shopping, and great at being there for others."[break][break]

or at least great at being there for him.[break][break]

"and you're also great at something else."[break][break]

what that is exactly should be clear by how he grins at her.