thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 10:54:19 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
like a cute dedenne with a full cheek pouch, she puffs her cheeks, and he finds it adorable.

"pretty sure it won't fall on us if you do your job right."

again, he grins, and he's leaning forward now to watch her work.

"so good luck, cadet."
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 3:42:09 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Yeah, yeah, but if it falls, you’ve been warned.”
[break][break]
Rolling her eyes in a way that’s purposefully not subtle at all, Lia grabs the tarp that’s supposed to go at the very bottom of the tent, heading over to the spot where she plans to set it up and then pushing aside any large pebbles and pinecones with her foot just as the WikiHow page had taught her to do. She even finds herself pushing away a fallen Apricorn.
[break][break]
Once she’s satisfied with the way the ground looks and is sure that there’s nothing that will poke them during the night, she lays down the tarp, and then turns to look at Lance.
[break][break]
”Which one of us is making dinner, by the way?”
[break][break]
She smirks, because considering both their cooking skills (or lack thereof) that’s an important question.

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 14:43:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
not the wikihow page...

"would you like me to cook?"

lance might not be the best chef in the kitchen, but out here in the wilderness, he's not half-bad. he's had to learn to survive on his own cooking, after all.

"only if you say please."

above, an unfezant caws.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 4:33:42 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Yes, the WikiHow page. The same WikiPage that told her that the next thing she needs to do is unfold the tent and lay it down on the tarp, which is exactly what she begins to do while still looking at Lance.
[break][break]
Of course he’d tell her to say ‘please’.
[break][break]
Playing along, it’s just as an Unfezant up in the skies caws (or honks, or whatever sound it is that Unfezant make), that she pouts, and yet, she doesn’t do as asked. Instead, it’s with a sigh that she steps closer, putting all thought of setting the tent up aside from now and standing before him.
[break][break]
Looking up, Lia meets his gaze, and it’s a playful smirk that dances on her lips.
[break][break]
”What if I say I’ll make it up to you instead?”

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 14:08:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
he stays leaning forward even when she stops what she's doing and approaches, standing before him with a playful smirk. it's one he easily returns, understanding exactly what she's doing.

"yeah?"

he leans back a little then, meeting her gaze.

"and how exactly will you make it up to me?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 3:16:54 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

There’s no point in subtlety, not when they both know exactly what her intentions are with all of this. So, Lia doesn’t bother with it.
[break][break]
She steps even closer, never looking away, and a hand rests on his chest. When she responds, her words are no more than a whisper, as if an ethereal promise.
[break][break]
However you want me to.
[break][break]
Is that really worth having him cook for her when she’s well aware Lance is no chef?
[break][break]
Sure is in Lia’s opinion, but whatever he makes better be a goddamn feast.
[break][break]
By their standards, at least.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 9:27:51 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
however he wants her to. he can't help but smile at that.

"you best get that tent set up, then."

he reaches out for her hand, pulling her a bit closer.

"we'll be needing it."
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 11:14:48 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Telling her to go set up the tent but pulling her closer? Contradictory, yet it’s not like Lia would ever complain. Not when she smiles the way she does as she continues to hold his gaze. Not when she’s so very aware of the slight pink hues that colour her cheeks, and of how her heart races when being this close to him.
[break][break]
It really isn’t fair.
[break][break]
”But, captain…”
[break][break]
Of course she’d throw the title at him at that very moment, just as she moves just a little bit closer. The hand that isn’t being held reaches up, so very gently touching his cheek.
[break][break]
”What if I want to stay right here?”
[break][break]
There’s nowhere else she’d rather be.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 15:30:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"mmm, then i guess you can stay right here."

he leans into her touch, continuing to peer up at her.

"do you like it that much?"

the woods, the situation, and him.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 16:14:15 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The woods, the situation, and him.
[break][break]
His question comes with implications, and she understands them clearly. Even if it’s said playfully, this is not a game, and suddenly, as she looks at him, Lia becomes all too aware of how easily her feelings could get hurt.
[break][break]
Should she be honest with him?
[break][break]
He deserves honesty, doesn’t he?
[break][break]
”I do.”
[break][break]
As she caresses his cheek, her smile is soft, gentle. Even if her rosy skin flushes in an all too obvious manner.
[break][break]
”...I really do, Lance.”
[break][break]
And that is the simple truth about the manner.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 16:39:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
her honesty is appreciated even if it causes particular emotions to rise within him. they bubble to the surface, and no matter how hard he tries, they overcome him.

so, he sighs, smiling up at her.

"i do, too."

even if he can't fully commit, he chooses to say it.

even if it's not the whole truth.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 18:16:31 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

And they lived happily ever after.
[break][break]
If things like those existed, perhaps this is where their story ends: a mutual confession, smiles, and happiness.
[break][break]
But, while it does make her happy, she can’t help but wonder if he’s really okay with saying things like those. He’s the one who pushed her to confirm her feelings, yet why does she feel like she’s being selfish for expecting a similar response?
[break][break]
”Lance…”
[break][break]
The smile she gives him is just as soft as before. She doesn’t move away, nor does she let go.
[break][break]
”...Are you sure?”
[break][break]
Is it her insecurities telling her no one could possibly have feelings like those for her, or is it her own way to tell him not to push himself?
[break][break]
Maybe it’s a little bit of both.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 4:21:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
is he sure?

"i am."

just because he's sure doesn't mean things will always work out. being sure and being okay are separate, and though his feelings may be clear to him, they're still drowned out by others.

as much of a confession as this might be, she shouldn't take it as an act of commitment.

it's anything but.

and yet, he pulls her closer.

and yet, he asks:

"does that make you happy?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 4:50:22 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Smitten. Is that what she is? Struck by such a strong infatuation that she’s willing to push all of her caution and worries aside because of two simple words that make her smile so very easily? Because of how safe and comfortable she feels when he pulls her closer?
[break][break]
It’s a strange feeling of belonging, one that Lia cherishes, and one that makes her answer come so very easily:
[break][break]
”It does.”
[break][break]
She chuckles, and a second later, she beams – so honest, so happy, her emotions worn upon her sleeve.
[break][break]
And so, she moves closer too, because it’s only natural to do this.
[break][break]
”I’m really glad we met, Lance.”
[break][break]
But, what does this make them?
[break][break]
Lia doesn’t ask, because she’s not foolish enough not to know the answer is probably one she will dislike.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 9:49:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
what does this make them?

perhaps some questions are better left unsaid. he's thankful she doesn't, at least.

"i am, too."

he stands, rising until he towers over her. he stays close, not willing to leave her orbit just yet.

"i'm glad you joined the rangers."