uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 9:44:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
emt craig does a brilliant job at making sure uri's in tiptop shape by the time sol eventually arrives at the hospital. in fact, there isn't much else to do but to sign off a bit of paperwork before being discharged.

it's where he finds himself, actually, right by a counter as he slowly reads through a form, muttering to himself.

"what's my blood type..."
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 10:56:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Sol has always been a diligent person; the kind of person who cares so much about doing her job right that just about everything else has always been tossed aside without a second thought. She has done so objectively and without getting any emotions involved, but as it turns out, there are some things that are simply too important to ignore...
[break][break]
Every second spent away while knowing he’s hurt is like slow torture, and a million different scenarios have crossed her mind by the time she’s finally free to make her way to the hospital.
[break][break]
And yet, despite all her worries, there he is when she arrives: standing by a counter as if nothing happened, pondering something he definitely should be aware of.
[break][break]
Typical.
[break][break]
”It’s on your dog tags, Uri.”
[break][break]
She stares at him when approaching, stating what should be obvious.

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #D25944; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #D25944; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #D25944; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #D25944!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D25944; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #D25944; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 5:49:50 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri casts a smile over his shoulder.

"is it?"

though it's said jokingly, he honestly had no idea. he pulls out his dog tags, peering down at what's inscribed on them.

"oh. my blood type's o."

he nods to himself before returning to the sheet. still, he glances over at sol every now and then to assess her.

"did you get everything under control?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 17:38:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

As if wearing a mask of perfect impassiveness, Sol watches him fill out the information in the sheet, her gaze meeting his whenever he looks towards her.
[break][break]
”Yeah, it wasn’t hard after the first few got caught or started leaving.”
[break][break]
They probably should talk about the riot, and she probably should explain in further detail, but those things are of little importance to Sol at the moment. In fact, she can’t help but wonder why Uri is acting so calm and asking her about it when there’s obviously much more important matters…
[break][break]
”What did the doctors say?”
[break][break]
Matters like that, for example.

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #D25944; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #D25944; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #D25944; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #D25944!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D25944; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #D25944; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 14:48:13 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"nice. i'm glad you're safe, sol."

he says it with a genuine smile.

soon enough, he finishes the form and places the clipboard back down.

"doctor josh said i have a small concussion from the impact. i got stiched up, though, so i'm fine."

said almost too casually, he reaches a hand out towards sol.

"wanna get food?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 15:49:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

What in the world is wrong with ?
[break][break]
As relieving as it is to see that he’s okay, there’s something deeply frustrating about how easy-going he’s being about all this. Doesn’t he realize how bad things could have been? How lucky he got? How he’s still hurt even if it’s something minor?
[break][break]
How can he smile like that? How can he be so casual?
[break][break]
”Uri. Aren’t you supposed to go home and rest?”
[break][break]
Seriously, what's wrong with him?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 7:29:41 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"yeah...but i'm quite hungry."

uri doesn't even realize how odd he's being. to him, this is what's expected.

this is what's been taught to him.

not to show weakness. to be good. to be strong.

"i'll be fine, sol, i promise."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 8:06:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Should she cut him some slack?
[break][break]
It’s been a long day, he’s hurt, and maybe he’s just trying to make sure she doesn’t keep worrying about him.
[break][break]
If so, it obviously isn’t working at all, but Sol still finds herself considering all these things as she looks at him. It does nothing to wash away her annoyance, but it does help her decide what to do…
[break][break]
And so, she sighs, meeting his gaze once again.
[break][break]
”We’re going back to your place. I’ll cook for you, since you’re hungry.”
[break][break]
It’s more of a decision than a suggestion.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 14:04:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"that sounds perfect."

what more could he ask for, honestly?

so, he takes her hand, then leads them out of the hospital and back to his place. after a short cab ride, they arrive.

he closes the door to the cab behind her after she steps out, and it's only then that a thought occurs to him.

"oh shit. we don't need to stop for groceries, do we?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 16:35:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

She’s quiet for most of the cab ride, which really, may not be all that strange when considering the fact that Sol is usually quiet. There are many things she could say, but what’s the point? What benefit could come out of discussing things when Uri is still hurt – with a concussion, of all things?
[break][break]
”I’ll figure something out. We’re not going to the store, Uri. You need to rest.”
[break][break]
This too isn’t a suggestion, and with it, she pulls him into the building before a response even comes, calling the elevator.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 10:35:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it's not a suggestion, so he doesn't bother to argue.

"yes, ma'am."

up the elevator and down the hall they go, reaching the familiar space of his apartment. it's still surprisingly clean and not messy in the slightest.

the lights flick on as they step in.

"what can i help with?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 12:31:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

At least he doesn’t argue with her. At least he doesn’t try to fight her on it. Since, really, the last thing they need right now is an argument. It wouldn’t be any good for him, but even when knowing this, Sol also knows it would take incredible effort for her to stop herself if he did insist on going out.
[break][break]
So, if anything, she’s glad for both their sakes.
[break][break]
”You can just go lie down and rest, Uri. I’ll take care of it.”
[break][break]
There’s a sigh, because she knows he probably won’t agree to that all that easily.
[break][break]
”Please?”
[break][break]
Her gaze meets his, and faintly so, she smirks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 11:15:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
lie down and rest? does she even know him?

apparently so, as she says exactly what she needs to.

"...fine."

still, he smiles, then leans in to kiss her before walking over to the couch and plopping down. he exhales, finding comfort in the soft cushions as his head tilts to peer out of the window at the FULL MOON.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 3:52:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

She knows him, and because she does, the fact that he agrees so easily comes as a bit of a surprise. Still, it’s gladly that she returns the kiss, the faintest of smiles tugging at her lips as she watches him go lie down on the couch.
[break][break]
”Do you want anything in particular?”
[break][break]
The question comes as she heads over to the kitchen, looking through cupboards and the fridge in search of ingredients for a potential meal. It’s not like she plans to make a feast, but maybe something simple and nice – something comforting.
[break][break]
”How about soup?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 14:11:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
there's not much in his kitchen for them to possibly FEAST on, so their options are limited to begin with.

from the couch, he tips his head back to look into the kitchen at her.

"soup sounds really good. can you put sausages in them, too? and make sure they're cut in small pieces?"