one bar blues [mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one bar blues [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 21:43:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's weird being in a Rocket occupied city again. Sootopolis was taken ahead of her arrival, the only real foothold Rocket has in Hoenn, and while Freddie was certain she'd enter its borders at some point she'd been putting it off. As if sensing her hesitance to embrace her new home; the world has shifted to force her hand.

A factory has seen some kind of malfunction and the results are clear to see. And hear. The moment she enters Sootopolis, Freddie's phone begins to object, crackling and hissing loudly in her pocket. The cause? Oh, just the couple dozen Porygon Z dashing through the air letting out disruptive signals. Already she can see a few other grunts chasing them down.

She ignores both to jog deeper into the city. These grunts are doing general work, but she's been deigned competent enough for a specific mark -- apparently. Given a few minutes she comes to a stop outside a radio tower. Large, imposing, and absolutely swarmed by the Porygon.

"Well, that can't be good for it," she murmurs and reaches into her pocket for a pokeball -- ignoring the way her phone shocks her on the way there.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
one bar blues [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 1:34:07 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
CHRYSSA REMEMBERED CLEARLY when the Porygon-Z had first arrived. She'd been in the middle of an ad read at the time, punctuating each point comedically with the soundboard—then the lights had gone dark, digital instruments sparking and fizzling with a strange power. Bulbous, concave shapes had taken shape just beneath the surface of the screens, circling like shark-fins.

She'd barely had time to kick back from the desk before they emerged, flooding from the mixers and the monitors like a tidal wave of squeaky circus balloons. Fortunately she'd had a Teleport ready at the time, but her two Zorua were sadly still trapped in the control room.

Since then, the station had been stuck on analog, playing her Christmas music playlist on loop.

Chryssa was no stranger to asking for help. Ordinarily, it would have been easy to call up one of her trusted friends like or to help clear out the problem while she relaxed somewhere comfortable, providing necessary emotional support.

But this was Sootopolis. This was the Radio Tower. 

"Hello," Chryssa said brightly, meeting @winifred in front of the station. Self-possessed steps stamped their way through the dust to the other Rocket agent as the wispy girl sized up her new ally. "...Are you here for the guest show?" 

She gestured to the Porygon-covered Radio Tower blithely, as if she couldn't see the pink-and-blue shapes stuck to its surface like wasps on wood. "My name's Chryssa. I run the station here. That's supposed to be confidential, but I'm sure you can handle it," she added.

@winifred

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one bar blues [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 2:35:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Freddie can't really say she had a concrete image of who would be running the radio tower. She hadn't committed more than five or ten seconds of thought to the matter when she read her assistance had been requested. Still, she can't help but be surprised when they reveal themselves to her.

She's a little thing. It's hard to put an age on her (baby faces, man, they make guesswork hard) but Freddie can't imagine a world where the girl is more than nineteen. Young achievers aren't exactly uncommon, and yet somehow Freddie finds grounds upon which to be shocked.

"Yeah uh, heard there might be problems with them overstaying their welcome," Freddie replies a few beats late, realizing she's been spoken to only after several seconds pass, "crazy what people will do for some extra airtime."

She nods and offers a hand to shake at Chryssa's introduction.

"Freddie. I like my head where it is so I'll find a way to keep your secret to myself."

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
one bar blues [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 2:59:16 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
FREDDIE'S RESPONSE startled a smile out of Chryssa, one that suggested an inside joke where there was none. "I'd like that," she said simply. Being a minor, Rocket had taken surprising (and unusual) pains to keep the teenage radio host anonymous as much as possible. Conversely, it also meant the League would not stay their hand if they decided to try and retake Sootopolis.

"We're thinking it's a cyberattack," Chryssa said conspiratorially, using the royal 'we' like it hadn't just been herself talking to her Claydol while waiting for Freddie to arrive. "I suppose it's a good sign, really. It means we're making waves out there if someone actually wants to stop us. That said..." she trailed off for a moment, "...There may be a thing or two I'd like to keep to myself."

Records of calls from Rocket members mentioning her by name. The signal that had come in on Halloween night. The winning code for the raffle tickets being given out at the end-of-the-month sweepstakes.

"We're technically still live in-studio, so I don't dare Perish Song. That would have been the most effective," Chryssa mused, looking up at the Radio Tower. Most of her Pokemon specialized in sound-based attacks, but the last thing she wanted to do was damage any more of her already-compromised equipment. She turned to Freddie, giving the woman another bright smile. "You must have a plan."

@winifred

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one bar blues [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 21:13:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's hard not to look at least a little put off when her extended hand is ignored, but Freddie does her best. She's supposed to be shameless now. Ridiculous to let a kid break that streak over a handshake.

"It's what I'm here for I guess, people pleasing," she responds with a tired expression. Is she allowed to just drink in front of a kid? Would she get in trouble if she just snuck a little from her flask? Better not to test it.

"Can't say my input will be much help in puzzling that out. I've never been one for computers or, uh, radio towers? I'll do my best to help you put a stop to whatever kind of attack it is before it . . . reveals too much, though."

Again Freddie finds herself struck by the girl's -- by Chryssa's -- age. How little she is, and yet still someone of authority in this organization with secrets to keep.

Freddie thinks maybe she shouldn't judge. It's not like she was playing house in her teens. She roughed it for half of them, fought for the other half. Still . . . she can't help but wonder what brings a kid to this place in life.

It's the question of what her plan is that pulls Freddie from her thoughts. For a moment she looks bashful, scratches at her chin.

"I've gotta be honest, I'm not really a plan person. Never been my station. I was just gonna, I don't know? Hit 'em really hard? Preferably in a way that doesn't bring the whole tower down."