good soup [m/aa]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 2:45:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Living in the Rocket sub wasn't too terrible compared to previous living conditions Julien had experienced before. Of course, he disliked having noisy neighbors in the dorms, but it certainly beat a jail cell.

He had to be thankful to Rocket, after all. They took in anyone and everyone, after all.

Guess he had to count his prayers and blessings.

Entering the dining room, which seemed quiet given the time of day, Julien headed into the kitchen. He decided to make something for himself today, rather than eating whatever slop they decided to hand out to every one else.

Slinging the bag onto the counter, he noticed he wasn't alone.

"Sorry. I won't take long..." Julien offered, his voice gruff and quiet.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 3:47:07 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Living in the Rocket sub was fucking awful. She didn't care who said it or why, but living underwater absolutely fucking sucked. It made her nauseous, it made her irritable, it made her suffer from lack of sleep.

And it was that lack of sleep right now that had her up. Or maybe it wasn't early in the morning or late at night like she thought. Regardless, she was, at one point, the only person in the dining hall fixing herself food. The only person, it felt like, who existed at all, until a voice muttered behind her to startle her.

"Oh--fuck. I didn't hear you come in."

She quickly plucks the earbuds out of her ears and glances over her shoulder, and, naturally, does a double-take. His comment, his apology, comes filtering back in like a hollow echo. She listens this time, and she smirks, raises an eyebrow, and snorts.

"I sure hope you don't say that to everyone? Sure hope not, 'cause that's embarrassing."

mission: feast or famine
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 5:11:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It seemed he startled her on accident.

Unsurprising, given his quiet nature, but it helped that the woman had headphones in as well. Julien was unapologetic, though, given the communal space. He opened the bag that held the ingredients he wanted to work with, pulling them out one by one.

"It's my job to get the job done fast. Not everyone wants a slow, painful death right?"

Perhaps that was crude, a shocking thing to say out of no where. He stepped to the sink to rinse the vegetables, a small smirk crossing his lips.

"I suppose it does depend on the situation, though."

Once he finished rinsing the vegetables, he set them aside so he could dry them off. "What are you making for yourself?" he said, glancing over at his companion.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 15:36:45 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Huh."

Either he was purposely misinterpreting her inappropriate joke, or purposely misdirecting it himself. Tickle her amused.

"I'm sure there are some who do."

Ah, and there it is, he finishes his punchline, if one could even call it that. He's even washing vegetables with hands she could only assume had once been bloody. Professional hand-washer, interesting.

"Hot pockets, but they don't have any."

In other words, she's lazy. In extra words, she was probably about to leave just before he'd arrived. Steal something quick and easy like crackers and cheese and make her way back to her room and wait for the submarine to stop somewhere. God, she could use a stiff drink.

"Are you okay? I've never seen a man prepare vegetables of his own accord before."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 18:55:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her comment took him by surprise, though his face certainly didn't reveal it. Normally, after someone found out that he, y'know, killed people for a living, they had several reactions that most of the time included running away from him. Taking a few steps back and avoid pissing him off.

He wasn't volatile, though. They were quick to judge. However, this woman seemed to take it more in stride of a joke, which he appreciated. A breath of fresh air.

"Depends on the hire for the night, I suppose," Julien added to her statement, drying off the vegetables and placing the head of cabbage on his cutting board.

Hot pockets? Really? He gave her a look, one that was definitely judging. "That's... a sucky dinner," Julien stated simply, going back to cutting up what was in front of him.

"Is this unusual?" He set aside the cabbage and went to chopping the carrots. "I can cook for myself, and I didn't want the food they served earlier today." He had a craving for something nostalgic.

Glancing over at her again, he raised his eyebrows as he put some broth into a pot and heated it up. "Do you... want to join me?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 23:54:00 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Remi wasn't the type to take anyone seriously, really. Especially not someone who dried their vegetables after washing them. That required a sense of lunacy that not even she had - though she was the one fishing for hot pockets. And she was the type to microwave that shit too, for efficiency sake.

"It's an efficient dinner, you mean. Cheese, meat, breading, it's the whole shebang."

He stops paying her any attention, and it amuses her further. He was unenthusiastic and socially boring- and yet.. sarcastic and participating in conversation with her anyway.

She liked that.

"Very. Most men I'm familiar with survive on booze alone, microwave meals second."

She would know.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 2:11:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hmm. I take it back." Julien pointed the knife towards her in a gesture, not in a threatening manner.

"That's a shitty dinner," he clarified, finishing his prepping.

At least his was all home made goodness, just like he had learned back in Galar. Certainly not a grand feast, but it hit the spot just where he needed it.

Julien chuckled to himself, dumping his goods into the broth. "Well, I've never been one to follow the flow." While he'd attend bar gatherings, drinking wasn't his favorite. He didn't like the feeling.

"You didn't answer my question."

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 14:35:32 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Perhaps it should scare her, the knife pointed at her chest and the thoughtful pause while he toys with changing his mind. Perhaps it should scare her more that it leaves her more interested than she had been a moment ago.

The guy was interesting.

"I'm still alive, aren't I?"

His new addition to the broth allows its flavourful aroma to rise. Admittedly, it smells incredible. It even encourages her stomach to groan in anticipation, though she gives that reaction no attention whatsoever.

"Must be your secret to keeping in shape."

With a tilt of her head, she observes the man with an amused, only slightly predatory smirk on her face. He reiterates his earlier question, and she purses her lips.

"Do you want me to join you?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 19:06:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Julien gave a small chuckle and a shrug. "Suppose you are." With some chopped meat following the vegetables into the soup, he amended his statement. "Then forgive me for my earlier judgement."

Of course, he heard her stomach growl. It was amusing to him, how she seemed to ignore it and go on with the conversation at hand.

She was a tough cookie to break, wasn't she?

"Nothing hard work and dedication won't help me do," Julien pointed out. "If I'm going to do my job, I'm going to do it well."

He put the top on the pot, letting the food boil in the pot.

Making eye contact with Remi, he crossed his arms over his chest, his tanned complexion on his cheeks turned into rosy skin from working over the heat. If anything, someone could mistake it for a blush.

"I have plenty for left overs. I don't mind if you join me," he said. "Unless you don't want Galarian food."

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 0:37:54 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Suppose I am."

She parrots him, amused, tilting her head to pursue his gaze even after he pulls away to continue tossing more and more vegetables and meat and God knows what else in that damn boiling pot of his.

"Forgiven, I guess."

She rolls her eyes, staring up at the ceiling for a moment and then away to the shitty backsplash and the tables in the dining hall. There is no one, nothing, not a peep or a shadow on the other side of the room. The dining hall is empty.

"Hm."

With his back turned, she takes another glance, because why not? He's good-looking, with an attention to detail and good with his hands.

He makes eye contact before she has a proper chance to look away. Fortunately, she's been side-eyeing with her eyepatch turned to face him, so it easily looks dismissed as her not having been looking at him at all.

Hold on, is he blushing?

Remi exhales loudly through her nose, a non-verbal laugh.

"Is it better than hot pockets?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 1:36:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
When he looked back at her, she was looking in his direction. Was she staring at him? He couldn't really tell. Well, it wasn't like it mattered much to him. He was used to stares, whether it was from people being intimidated or infatuated with him.

He usually didn't pursue.

Julien lifted the lid, sighing almost wistfully at the smell. It smelled like home. For a brief moment, he wanted to go back to Galar.

But the thought faded as quickly as it came.

"I say so," Julien commented as he pulled the pot off the burner at to the side to cool a little bit before serving into a couple of bowls he managed to scrounge up in the kitchen.

He handed one over to her. "But if you truly don't want it, don't force yourself to eat it. It's something I'll eat myself, and I'd rather it not go to waste."

With that being said, Julien gave himself a good amount in his bowl, grabbing his utensils before going to sit down. He looked back to her.

"What's your name?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 1:47:34 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
It smelled far, far better than cheap hot pockets thrown in a microwave for a few seconds. And she reckoned the center of the bowl was just as piping hot as the outside was, which was a far cry better for the soul than soulless evil pizza-filled still-frozen-in the centre--

"Alright then."

A bowl is handed to her, its contents nearly too hot. She shuffles it from side to side as she takes it from him, careful not to let her fingers linger in one place for too long.

"Someone's a bit touchy about their food tasting good. I see you, I hear you, I'll try it, relax."

Remi smiles slightly, a sarcastic tone in her voice. He grabs utensils and she reaches for her own. She takes her time, however, allowing space to open up between them. Couldn't have him interpreting the wrong signals, after all.

"Remi."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 3:25:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She finally caved into getting her bowl, piping hot and ready to go. Julien nodded his approval as he walked away. He sat down, looking like an overgrown child on the seats that the sub provided.

His legs were too long, hitting the bottom of the table as he slouched over to blow a bit of the soup to cool it off before taking a bite.

"Not touchy. Just don't need someone wasting it," he pointed out a her before she joined him.

He took another bite, looking over her as she gave her name. Remi.

"... Julien," he replied simply, the side of his mouth filling up with meat like a hamster's cheek pouch would with it's goodies.

"I hope you enjoy it."

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 5:32:31 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
With pursed lips, Remi brings the bowl to her nose to inhale, deeply. Despite how completely out of character it was for her to be indulging in actual good-for-the-soul healthy food instead of nursing the bottom of a bottle of hard liquor, she seems.. willing.

She must be sick. How long has it been since her last fix?

"I'm insulted."

But she sits down across from him anyway. And she indulges him by plugging a spoon into the soup, stirring, and glancing back up at him. What she sees is a bizarre, charismatic man whose handsomeness is smudged by the unbecoming cheek bulge full of food. Talking before chewing and swallowing- no one was perfect.

"Julien..."

She plays with the syllables, letting it roll over her tongue slowly, deliberately. There is something intentionally feral about it, but played up subtly. She's toying with him, really, pushing to see if he'd break. So far, it seems he hasn't even noticed.

So she takes a bite, teeth clicking against the metal spoon to avoid the sting of too much heat all at once. She hums thoughtfully, licking her lips.

"Have you ever had a hot pocket?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good soup [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 17:28:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Julien's laughter came out like a snort, the smallest upward turn of his lips revealing a smile when she claimed she was insulted. She seemed to be indulging the smell of the soup he made, though. So, was she really that upset?

Probably not.

He watched her slide into the seat in front of him, looking down and almost inhaling some more of his food while she tested his name on her lips. He looked up again, one of his brows raised.

"What about it?" he asked. Was there something wrong with his name to her?

Was she messing with him?

The water outside the sub obscured any natural moonlight that was coming from outside. The harsh yellow light reflected over the two of them as they ate.

"Have I had a hot pocket?" Julien echoed.

"I grew up making food instead of buying stuff that was prepackaged at a store. I had it once. It wasn't impressive."