forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:32:13 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab45"]
WHAT'S A GO-GO...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

gabriel walked into the bar, ducking beneath the frame as he was given looks of curiosity, fear and suspicion. the titan of his industry was every bit a walking powerhouse as he strode through, pushing past people and belongings.
[break][break]
when he finally stopped and looked up, his eyes were like blue giants, burning with the heat of anger.
[break][break]
and they were directed at none other than his own daughter.

[break]

[newclass=.gab45]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab45 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h8050tH/gibby12.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:49:58 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Of course, Jessica was not expecting her father to show up to any of her work places. If anything, she never really expected to see him unless there was some desire circumstance going on.

So, her evening had been going along like normal. Performing in her scantily clad outfit that was meant to draw attention to her as she performed.

Jessie struck her final pose, a bright grin on her face as she received a round of applause. Whoops, whistles, and cheers filled her ears. But when she looked in the crowd, she noticed that familiar individual.

Nostalgia would be one thing that came to mind. Nausea would be another.

Soon, she was off the stage, putting a sweatshirt on as she went back to the crowd to meet the man who decided to appear out of no where.

"What are you doing here, Dad?" Jessica asked, crossing her hands over her chest as she jutted a hip to the side, still wearing her short booty shorts and heels despite covering her torso.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:55:52 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab45"]
WHAT'S A GO-GO...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

patient was a word many had used to describe gabriel over the years. however, as he stands there, still as the statues flanking either side of his estate's walkway, he gave off the feeling of anything else.
[break][break]
no one would argue a pyroar, however lazy in their appearance, was anything but a predator lest they become another addition to their feast. when it stirred, tail lashing in agitation, you didn't even stick around to truly find out if you were right.
[break][break]
the people near gabriel felt the same instinctual feeling, no matter the innate curiosity they held for the circumstances of his arrival, and moved quickly on about their business.
[break][break]
"what am i doing here? what are you doing here?"
[break][break]
this pyroar was stirring.

[break]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab45 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab45 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h8050tH/gibby12.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 0:32:10 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Well, it seemed like the stars did not align in her favor tonight. And she was getting good tips too, having left the dollar bills in the back with her things.

Jessica heaved a sigh. Was he really this daft?

Well, she wouldn't say that out loud.

"I'm working. You're the odd one out here," she pointed out, raising her eyebrows at him. Why was he so pissed at her? She was just making bank.

It wasn't like he cared much in the first place.

"Are you afraid I'm ruining your image or something?" she said harshly, an angry look taking over her gaze. "Sorry, I know I'm such a disappointment."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 0:47:59 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

gabriel bites back the retort that crawl up in his throat, eager to be put out into the world. people linger like wraiths in the corner of his eye, phones pointed in their direction as if daring him to act.
[break][break]
his lips come into a line as he stares down the fiery spirit of his daughter. this wasn't the little girl that always wanted to go horseback riding anymore.
[break][break]
"enough. we will speak in private."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#e45629; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 3:09:32 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Oh, fuck the horseback riding and the other childish things she used to do. Jessie was a grown woman now. Just because he wasn't proud of her didn't mean she was going to feel guilty about it.

She was half tempted to tell him no and leave immediately.

Looking out the side of her eye, Jessie noticed the phones that seemed ready to capture something that was not going to happen. Not now, since she made up her mind.

"Fine. Follow me."

Jessica's heels clicked on the floor as she walked, though it wasn't audible until they left the main area where music had been blaring. She opened the door to a private room, sitting down on the couch and crossing her legs.

"What do you want?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 21:01:06 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

the full moon was just visible outside the window of her dressing room, but he pays it no mind. singularly focused, gabriel moves to the woman's set-up, eyes falling onto the various make-ups and more.
[break][break]
"what do i want?"
[break][break]
gabriel rounds on her, shoulders tense and the barely contained anger in his chest threatening to burst.
[break][break]
"why do you want? why are you here? this is no place for a member of our family. you're better than this."

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 2:16:51 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica didn't understand exactly why he was getting mad at her. It infuriated her. If she were her Delphox, she'd inflict will-o-wisp from the burning fury that she felt right now.

It felt like fire was coursing through her veins as she glared at him with pink eyes.

"I'm working. This is my work. This is where I belong, Gabriel."

It's no longer father. It's Gabriel.

"And I do not appreciate you walking in and disrupting the workplace when I am supposed to be out there working."

Better than this? Jessie was far better off here than she was with him.

"I don't give a damn what the name 'Black' holds for you. You're an asshole. I'm doing what I enjoy doing, and you can fuck off."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 6:30:14 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

her words are heavy against his shoulders, and they seem to stiffen beneath their barrage. his gaze turns heavy, dangerous, and beneath it men have been reduced to nothing.
[break][break]
"so, that's your decision then? come hell or high water?"
[break][break]
eyes narrow in challenge. would she dare keep this up?

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 3:42:15 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica placed her hands on her hips. She wouldn't melt against her father's burning gaze. She knew he could be intimidating, attempt to get what he wanted.

She wasn't going to back down.

"It is. What are you going to do about that?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:54:41 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

denounce the family name or not, she held the fire in her gut that they were known for.
[break][break]
he breaks contact, placing his hands into the crook of his lower back, laying over one another.
[break][break]
"i could have this place shut down, permanently, within' the hour. is your pride worth the jobs of everyone in here?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 20:00:50 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Seriously?

He'd show up to her work place and threaten to shut it done, make so many people lose their jobs, just because of his disappointment? He was a big child after all. She couldn't stand him.

"You are so selfish. I can't believe you'd march in here and try to take away people's jobs and livelihood just because of me. Who the hell do you think you are?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 8:07:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

her pride, her fire, they were all pieces of him she'd inherited - even if she wouldn't admit it. a double-edged sword, by all regards. the capability to do so much, and the will to drive it, no matter the cost.
[break][break]
"i am your father. i'm also trying to win an election, here. one that could very well change the fate of this family, and region. you call me selfish? i've provided you a house, clothes, food, and everything else you've ever wanted. what have you given in the success of this family?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 15:23:06 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"I don't care if you're my father!"

Jessica's frustration was evident in her voice and in her eyes, as they began to fill with tears. She wasn't upset. She was furious, angry, and it was beginning to explode out of her.

"You took me away from everything I had in Canalave and brought me to Hoenn. I didn't want to come here! I don't give a damn about your elections, I don't care about the family name!"

She stomped her foot down, glaring up at him from their considerable height difference.

"I want to be Jessica, not a Black!"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tequila sunrise
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 9:57:56 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

where she's a tidal wave, he's a placid lake, emotions simmering at the surface but no further. gabriel allows his daughter a moment to calm, before his voice lowers an octave, still firm in it's level.
[break][break]
"you don't have a choice in the matter. you are a black. a member of this family, whether you like it, or not."
[break][break]
gabriel stares back down at her.
[break][break]
"the sooner you accept it, the easier it'll be."

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#bf4f51; [/newclass]