awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
Look, A Volcano-oh... oh no! [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 21:42:12 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
Mornings never went as smoothly as they'd gone this particular day; that's something Brynn could whole-heartedly agree on. Compared to Castelia City's busy streets and bustling mornings, the quaint silence of Lavaridge Town really brought peace back to her otherwise hectic routine. Having no traffic jams to worry about, no briefings to get through and no expectations for the next three weeks, she finally felt like she could truly relax a little. Maybe she'd even hit the hotsprings later, who was to say? Even Bell was surprisingly chipper this morning, the small Galarian Ponyta prancing about in front of her feet as they made their way downtown after breakfast, hoping to get a nice morning walk in before they'd head back to their hotel.

It wasn't so much that she minded just making it a walk around town, but there was just something about seeing all this nature around her after so many years in a metropolitan city that made the purple-haired woman itch. An itch that deserved a scratch after all this time; and that was exactly the reason why she was making her way towards Route 112. "What do you say, Bell? Fancy a little sprint?" She'd grin at her pastel-colored partner, taking off the moment they reached the edge of town. She'd quickly find the scarce amount of trees making way for a more rocky terrain, with Mt. Chimney looming over them in the distance. Honestly, she'd only read about it in brochures and online, but actually seeing the volcano from up close was an all-new experience altogether. Brynn was so in awe of the view that she hadn't even realised she'd stopped running until Bell tackled and immediately toppled her over, making the poor city girl slam into the ground in the most unceremonious of ways.

"Ouch… great tackle, Bell, as always," She'd groan, pushing herself upright again, trying to dust the ashes off her clothes. "Maybe next time try not to aim for me, okay?" The woman rose her eyebrow at the Ponyta, who only snorted in reply while trying to rub the ashes it'd procured in its manes off on her pants. Kneeling she'd start ruffling through its manes to help out, unaware of the rustling happening behind her.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 22:13:06 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Usually, she could get behind people being all energetic in the morning. That was what a good knight would do, too. But that was not always the case. Especially not when one had just finished a guard duty during the night. Well, the latter half of the night, so Mirri was not exactly falling asleep as she walked, but there certainly was a yawn. And when she saw a middle-aged woman run past just shy of stretching out her arms to play airplane, it did rouse a bit of an exasperated little smirk. Not that the other would see, given that Mireille was still on a ledge above, but that was fine, too.

The Galarian was not exactly someone who hogged the spotlight. In fact, she much preferred to stand slightly behind, in the background, while others took the accolades or the blame. It, too, was what knights did. The silent protectors who did not expect praise and grand receptions, but were content just doing their jobs. At least she fancied herself as such. And, speaking of such, Mirri was just about to head towards town herself when she did hear an odd noise behind. No, not that woman being tackled by her own Pokemon. She figured that there was some kind of perfectly good reason for that. No, she heard something else that got the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up slightly. That anticipation of an encounter that she sometimes got in the wild from years of experience. Something was afoot.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:20:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGMAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STUFFUL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLUFFY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 14:13:22 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
The sudden appearance of a most curious pair caught Brynn entirely by surprise, switching her position so she wouldn't have her back facing the wild pokémon. She might no longer be used to the countryside life, but she at least remembered that bit her parents had told her; no matter what, never face your back to a wild pokémon… or one you can't trust. It was the same with people, really. And there were a damn lot of people you didn't want to expose your back to in the business world; a lesson she had to learn the hard way.

With noticing the two she also realised another person had been near, leaving the VP to wonder for a short second whether these pokémon were hers… She didn't quite know their names by heart, and especially the little bear thingy looked awfully cute-- until its piercing stare settled on her. The Magmar seemed to care little about the people present, and even less about Bell's sudden curiosity for the fire-type as it trotted over, carefully sniffing the air. The Stufful on the other hand had waddled closer, completely ignoring any of Brynn's failed attempts to keep it from advancing, it's black, beady eyes almost staring into her soul at this point. The VP had gotten back up, knowing her squatting would only make her trip again, and carefully backed away, not wanting to trigger the Stufful in any way. There was something about its look that was making her mighty uncomfortable.

"Uh… why's it looking at me like that?" she'd suddenly speak up, hoping the blonde nearby would pick up that she was trying to ask said question to her, in the belief that she was the owner of the two pokémon before her. Brynn would've looked at the woman in question if she wasn't so afraid of what the Stufful would do the moment she'd break eye-contact.
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 14:32:08 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
She had been right. Two Pokemon appeared, an odd pair to come out of the woodwork at once. But it wasn’t horribly uncommon. Pokemon were often attracted to humans and their settlements by nature. Hearing this oddly mature airhead, they probably could not help it but at least see what was going on. And since these two species were not rivals in nature either, they did not immediately start fighting, either. However, how they further approached the matters was how they differed.

Magmar, while seemingly disinterested, still studied the others present. It was probably territorial in nature and was gauging their level of threat. The Stufful in the meantime was approaching that woman. Which did not seem too menacing at first, but given how the woman pleaded for help, Mirri could not help but become a bit wary.
With trained movements, though without doing a three-point landing, the knight hopped from the ledge onto the level below. It wasn’t quite energetic enough to rouse the Magmar just yet, but she could feel its attention shifting towards her. “While it is possible that it is mesmerized by the beauty of a passing lady, I believe that it is internally debating whether or not you would make for a good partner. I do not believe that it is dangerous, but if you so desire, I will take caution to protect you if need be, mylady. Though it might be prudent to present it, carefully, with a Pokeball, to gauge its reaction to such an action.”
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 21:13:37 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
Although the blonde had hopped down from her ledge -with rather remarkable finesse- to come to her aid, not much aid was actually given. Moreso because she was just making things more dramatic than they should've been; the woman was right, as a matter of fact. While the Magmar now regarded the knightly lady with wary interest, the Stufful had actually crept close enough to cuddle up to her leg and stared her down like she once watched children stare at their favorite candy. "I don't know… it looks like it's," She gave the Stufful another glance, the fluffy bear thing now actively making a growly purring noise while rubbing its head against her leg. "So… it's not yours, I take? Guess I'll just… well-"

Brynn rummaged in the small belt above her back pocket until she felt one of the small spherical orbs settle between her fingers, then popped it out to enlarge it. "If this goes wrong you better help me out here!" The violet-haired woman muttered, kneeling to put the pokéball down in front of it. Yes. Smooth. Flawless. She should've honestly watched more of those catching shows back in the day. With a happy cry the Stufful abandoned her leg for the spherical capturing device and started playing with it, managing to toss it around like a toy ball without setting off the device at all. Brynn just frowned at the playful tyke, then turned her attention back to the blonde. "I guess it's rather obvious by now, buuut I'm not quite the trainer type of woman." A defeated sigh left her lips, shoulders slightly sagging as Bell joined her again, stared at her owner's defeated self, and then happily trotted over to the stranger to ask for headpats.
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 21:37:42 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“Naturally,” she simply replied, but otherwise remained passive, just watching the scene. This wasn’t dangerous at all, after all, but she would not downplay the other’s worries, so she kept to this more accepting stance. It definitely was evident that this person was more out of her league in this scenario than Mirri was at some kind of high society party. Which was also why the latter had a relatively easy time accepting and relating to what was going on.

In short, Mireille was no stranger to being thrust into scenarios where she was supposed to be able to do things as an adult woman, yet had little clue as to how to. In those moments, she would have loved to have some assistance, even of the silent kind, who understood her struggles. Naturally, she was seldom given that. But that also meant that she should pay this sort of thing forward, even if there was little chance that she would ultimately benefit from it again.

Plus, it was really easy, so she certainly did not mind at all. The Stufful, much as expected, took a liking to the ball as well and played with it. Heck, there was a good chance that at some point, it might trigger the mechanism and catch itself. Which was kind of adorable. Enough to make Mirri smile slightly. Naturally, she pat Bell on the head in the process. The knight usually had an easier time getting along with Pokemon than people, after all. “It appears that you have made a new friend already. That is something any one of us is capable of, in the end, no matter their education and experience. Though I am glad things seem to work out rather exceptionally here.”
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 17:46:44 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"It… looks like it? Although I wasn't quite intending on it to happen; well, not during a morning stroll, and certainly not in this way. Like, at all." Brynnhildr admitted, instinctively reaching for a small notepad she normally carried with her, only to grab into the emptiness that now adorned her belt. Probably left it in her hotel room… well, that was too bad, just meant she'd be having to memorize all its silly behavior instead for now. Although… well, she had to admit it was surprisingly cute to see the little fluff-bear be so cheerful about being able to play with the pokéball so wildly as well. It was the first time she'd seen such behavior for herself, although she had heard others tell about phenomenons just like this happening. Brynn had just thought it a hoax. Until now, that is.

After a few more playful prances the Stufful smacked its head against the small dot, initiating the mechanism and the small red light engulfing it before its entire form disappeared within the now rocking ball. It left the Unovan in anticipation of the outcome, even though either would be more than fine. If it joined the team however, Brynn would have to start researching about the little tyke.

~ CATCHING STUFFUL ~

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 15:09:40 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“Naturally,” she simply replied, otherwise falling silent. Mireille didn’t really know what else to say. On multiple levels. For one, she didn’t really know what to say in general, usually resorting to phrases she’d read before since there wasn’t much interesting on her mind. Right then, she had nothing insightful to offer, so she simply stood to the side, keeping sight on the other Pokemon to ensure that it would not interfere.

Because that was the other reason for her silence. This was the woman’s moment, her capture of the Stufful. Saying anything at all seemed like it had the potential to ruin it. Hence, she kept to herself and waited for the result of the capture.

passing
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 1:01:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIGNITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLARE BLITZ
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ARM THRUST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TIMBURR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUTS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCARY FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DYNAMIC PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE STUFFUL!
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 18:57:29 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Naturally."

It made the woman chuckle as she looked at the blonde, gently shaking her head before her eyes moved back to the rocking pokéball. "Not that much of a talker, huh?" she asked, not quite expecting a reply to that one. Her smile lingered as the capturing device finally stopped moving, giving its signature ping noise to indicate the capture was a success. Brynn walked over, Bell following her curiously to go and check out their newest addition to the team with her. Although unplanned, she'd never say no to an extra pair of helping paws… if only she knew what this little tyke's species was. She didn't quite have any means of registration or identification at the ready, unlike many of the younger generations with their pokédex. Although…

Brynn turned to face the blonde anew and got a bit closer. "Apologies if this is a rude request, but might you perchance have any idea what kind of pokémon this is? Or any means of identifying it? I'll compensate you for it if necessary!" She offered, rather wishing to impose on someone for the necessary information than to head out into the unknown without. But that too brought a different issue to light; if she were to ask such things, perhaps an introduction was in order. "Ah, where are my manners! Brynnhildr Erling, from Unova, but currently here for… business." She'd extend her hand in greeting, casually going over the soft falter at the reason of her being here.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 21:26:48 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“I-“ she started, not sure what to say, ironically. Then again, was it really irony when it was something this predictable? Of course someone bad at conversation like herself would not be able to talk well about not being able to talk, natch.

“No, not really, sadly,” she eventually managed, though she felt a bit dirty about that. Simply because what she was saying there did not truly help, as far as she was concerned. It was just meaningless drivel, which she only said to have said something. And that didn’t really make any difference in the positive.
Fortunately though, there was a request. Being both eager to please and assist to begin with, as well as looking for something else to focus this meeting on, she naturally pounced on this. “It is not rude though, good lady. This is a Stufful, if I am not mistaken. Native to the Alolan region, but it has spread elsewhere, probably because it is considered cute.” A lot of people caught Pokemon they just liked at sight, after all. That just made it natural that most species eventually spread to other regions over the years, especially thanks to breeders.

However, her little introduction to these Pokemon led to proper introductions – for which she once again described a little bow. “Mireille Wynter, knight of Galar, here to find and assist my brother – and everyone else who might need it, truly. As such, I am at your service, Madame.” As she said these words, the Magmar already vacated the premises – which allowed a Pignite to take its place, which was a lot more of a curious onlooker than a wary guardian, clearly interested in what was going on there.
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 20:42:07 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"It might not look like it, but I normally don't catch pokémon on a whim either. Stufful just, well… was being Stufful, I guess? Appearance never really does it for me in that regard anyways." Brynnhildr admitted, looking at the pokéball in her hand. Stufful, was it? Looks like she'd be doing some research once she'd return to the hotel. Maybe even page an old friend to see what they knew about Stuffuls. Ah, that reminded her of Mordecai, the local poké-maniac of the company. The guy really knew everything when it came to pokémon, and had a surprising interest in a specific one called Unown. Whatever an Unown was.

Brynn gave the woman, who'd introduced herself as Mireille Wynter, a bright smile. "A knight from Kalos, you say? Looks like the honor is all mine then! I would've never thought to encounter one here in Hoenn of all places." She dropped the extended hand when Mireille bowed, the exchange of greets having a slightly awkward touch to it as she subtly started to fidget with her belt. Where Magmar casually sauntered off into the thicket, its place was quite quickly taken by a more curious onlooker, a bipedal pig-like fire-type pokémon--- one she did recognise. Pignite. Although seeing it in Hoenn too was a surprise; probably the result of cross-region breeding, like Mireille had explained earlier. In the background a Timburr bearing its wooden beam passed them by, seemingly uninterested about both the twosome and its pigly poké-kin.

"That Pignite looks like a curious one, alright. Didn't know they actually roamed Hoenn as well…" Another mental note was added to the pile in the back of her head to be compiled in a proper report at a later date for sure. "Though we seem to have hit upon their favorite crossroad by looks of it. I wonder what else we'd be able to encounter at this point…" she muttered the last sentence underneath her breath, wondering ever so slightly before looking up at her knightly companion. "Miss Wynters, if I may… I think I could make use of your services, if you're available. But I think we might have to deal with our curious friend here first."

~Unown

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 18:42:01 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“You have my brother to thank for this. He came here to help the region and I to check up on him.” Ah, this was good. Being able to talk about someone else. That, she could do. Her brother was the more interesting one, after all. Quite literally even, given that her whole reason for being here was his presence. He was the one that acted, she reacted. That was why he was one of the heroes of the story, while she was in the background. That naturally did match her temperament better anyway, on one hand. But it also meant that she neither saved, nor got the princess, though, so that was the downside.

Couldn’t be helped. Just like it could not be helped that more Pokemon would appear. “Yes and no. Roads are always bustling with more activity than the deepest wilds. However, as for our companions, it is a two-fold phenomenon. For one, Pokemon, especially those who seek humanoid companionship, are naturally drawn towards signs of civilization and such sounds, though most respect the boundaries of settlements for the sake of safety. And for the other, action begets action. One can walk for miles without encountering a wild Pokemon of note – yet once they do, encountering a second is almost a given.”

Explaining this to the stranger who probably needed such, Mireille turned towards the newcomer, readying her Pokeball. “My services, however, are at your disposal my lady.” And with that she released the knight’s golden knight – a shiny Sirfetch’d, given to her by her family so that they both could fulfil their duties. Which probably involved fighting off a potential Pignite attack now.
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
In this and every life
I choose us every time
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 18:00:08 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
"I'll be sure to do if I ever meet him then." A joke, mostly, audible in her tone, but a half-truth as well, because the Galarian knight seemed like interesting company to keep. And as she spoke her wisdoms, Brynnhildr took mental notes, because out of the two of them, Mireille seemed to have the most experience with pokémon and traveling. In that regard, there was nothing she couldn't learn about it from the knightess.

"I'll gladly take advantage of those," she smiled kindly, positioning herself a slight bit behind the blonde so she could watch the showdown between her brightly-colored Sirfetch'd, a pokémon she'd never seen before, and the wild Pignite in front of them. "I'll observe while the professionals handle things, if you don't mind..."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing