163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:19:20 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Although those present hadn’t quite known, he’d struck a deal before arriving.[break][break]

To the passing cadet, there had been nothing more than the air authority exuded from him and the dragon by his flank as he stood there, alongside his trainer, with an otherwise uncharacteristic sense of composure and calmness. While waiting for those to gather and gander, the latter had even sought to shift carefully upon his feet prior to settling himself down with claws outstretched before him, and tail swaying gently behind him as he tilted his head up towards the person with him. Before long, azure eyes met those of onyx, and after sparing a quick smile and pat of the head, the man continuously looked over the smaller crowds gathered before him for several moments more. He gave them all an idling eye before broadening his smile, standing tall with his hands held comfortable against the small of his back within an instinctive stance.[break][break]

The recruits standing and crowding some ways away seemed, at the very least, manageable at first glance. Not too many of them looked to be too out of their league, nor too uppity as to reject some forms of advice and the like. That was a good sign. The lot of them seemed content with taking in what little, calmer sights there had been to behold within the city as they waited, while the remainder seemed entangled and entranced within conversations that they had found themselves pulled into, regardless of whether or not the other people in question had been companions or quickly befriended acquaintances. Nevertheless, he found solace within the occupation, and before long, had parted his hands shortly for the sole purpose of lifting his wrist.[break][break]

He spared it a swift glance, humming lowly to himself in thought. His tongue clicked gently as he drew it back down, though that time had slipped it within the cover of a pocket as he gave the ever-growing group another look, and then tilted his up, briefly, as he squinted towards the sky. His lip quirked gently, and for a moment, he tilted his head back down and tugged one of his sleeves slightly upward.[break][break]

Gonna get a farmer’s tan, at this rate... Should’ve brought that sunscreen…[break][break]

He sighed, bringing his attention back towards the others.[break][break]

They said I’d have a partner here… he went on to himself, subtly shifting his attention to peer over the heads and towards the background. Might have to start this without them if they don’t get here soon…

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 6:53:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

hoenn.[break][break]

how long has it been, since she's walked on these soils and returned to this land? how long has she been gone for, to even hear about the antics and happenings from outside the region, and since the end of the ultra beast war? not too long she imagines, and hoenn has been doing such a good job for itself, trying to build the region back up under the leadership of the champion (and that bastard of the business man, though only in name nowadays, silph). how long has it been since she's told herself that she would be fine, that everything was going to be okay and that she would be able to start a new life?[break][break]

how long will it be for it to crumble because of obligation again, and how long will she have to repeat this cycle? [break][break]

daphne has hopes that she never has to return to the political scene again, especially not after her own sorry display shortly after her brother passes away. she's tired, and wants nothing more than to hole herself in her office with a paper on desk and pencil in hand, trying to think of the next big design. to live in the present is a luxury, however (it's a harsh reality that even she's had trouble coming to terms with), when the past is so eager to catch up and dig its nails into her shoulder (beckons her to come back, forces her to come back). a few rangers from her past came up to her and asked if she could assist - or if she would like to assist - in the training of other pokemon, considering her effort from the war. usually, she'd say no. usually, she'd hole herself back up into the room, but her greatest fear is realized when her bagon overhears, and scurries to tug at the woman's pants and beg her for the alternative. another sigh. [break][break]

there are familiar faces and foreign ones, all blending in with one another as faces in the crowd, though something about this training feels so nostalgic. in a sorry attempt to divert her attention, she glances down to the cuff of her office shirt (attire that she never grew out of loving no matter the day) and tugs it down, slightly, to look at the ticking watch. she was late, but not by much. if she hurries, she'll make it soon. [break][break]

she approaches soon, specifically at the spot she's told to meet her partner at. "... ah, it's you again." lo and behold, it's the same, familiar face from an event not too different from this one. maybe it's because she's been seeing him often, and she's gotten used to his company, but she can speak without any fear or jitter in her heart. for now. "i apologize for my tardiness" she raises her voice, walking to the man who stands idly alone.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 21:59:44 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Five minutes until he would take matters into his own hands, he decided. After noting the time upon his watch and shifting his attention back to those before him, he’d only remained idle for a little while longer prior to inhaling deeply and broadening a smile upon his lips; eying a particular few and raising his voice in other to call out to them. There had been no reason for the air to remain awkward in anticipation as they all waited, so he’d decided to take matters into his own hands. May as well get to know some of those who’d been assigned to the training regimen, after all.[break][break]

At some point, he’d even made his way from the smaller, faintly-lifted stage that had been set up some time beforehand in order to get a better look at those that responded more positively, eagerly, and with some liveliness to his calls. All the while, his stride had been nothing short of brisk, and as he gave those willing to converse an open ear, he’d even found himself laughing at some of the comments made by those of the younger generations. Once every so often, he’d gesture towards his Pokemon (ever peaceful and patient upon the stage, sitting and swaying his tail where he’d initially grounded himself as he watched the crowds with curious and lively eyes) before glancing around at the Pokemon that any and all may have brought with them. Another few comments, and he would move on to the next group, and then the next; noting each of their mannerisms and speaking patterns in order to gradually form the best manner of approach and explanation within his head.[break][break]

Around the time that he’d found himself leaving the third group, he lifted his gaze to peer back over the horizon and the distance, once more, and upon noting the approach of a familiar, lone individual, he slowed to a pause before quickly beginning to make his way towards her. He lifted a hand in greeting, and upon hearing her words, shook his head and gave her a continued smile.[break][break]

”Nah, no worries!” he responded, tilting his head up to eye the sun within the sky, once more. The sight of numerous birds fluttering by registered within his senses all the while, and by the time a smaller group of Unfezant seemed eager to cross his gaze, he tilted his head back down to meet hers, gesturing back towards the crowds and the stage closely by. ”Happens, anyways. Just glad you made it here, altogether~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 10:19:33 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she's late, and arceus knows that she's apologetic for it (being tardy is unbecoming of her, of all people. a leader who isn't present is no leader at all) hence her uneasiness. there's little she can say and less she can do when she knows how she's kept him waiting. another thorn at her side as it stings against her heart, and how the muscle throbs knowing she might have disappointed yet another person (at the thought of making someone else upset at her incompetence). [break][break]

the kindness is misplaced, but she doesn't dare to say it. instead, she parts her lips after emerald eyes scan their surroundings. there were quite a few trainers and pokemon out to practice and learn. what else was there to do otherwise? [break][break]

she expects to see dragon types, so she's surprised to see the occasional rock or ground type. they seem to be frequenting the overworld nowadays. [break][break]

with the nod of her head she takes a few steps towards the stage, and tilts her head back, slightly "do you know what our task is?" she asks so curtly. daphne isn't one for small talk. she never has been (not when speaking to men, lest she loses her composure and struggles to force the words from her lips altogether).

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 5:08:03 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He nodded, gesturing lightly towards the others gathered nearby prior to beginning to walk forward, once more. He gave her another gesture to follow, all the while. ”Some simple dragon training, basically~,” he responded accordingly, turning his head forward as he continued on. Weaving between the occasional group that situated itself further out, he made his way back towards the stage setup, only glancing back over his shoulder towards her as she made his way up the first couple of steps. ”I already got some things set up to go over once we start, buuut I hope you don’t mind a little performance if it comes to that~.”[break][break]

With those words, he turned his attention towards the remaining steps before briskly striding up; jogging lightly across the span of the stage (though not without reaching down to give the Tyrunt a quick head rub in passing) and crouching down by a smaller array of other objects and the like that he’d prepared beforehand. What looked to be a few sealed containers of apricorns were quickly pulled out, and by the third container or so, he rocked backwards within a gentle manner; shifting his weight in favor of rolling back onto his heels, and ultimately bringing himself into an idling squat as he peered over his shoulder a second time.[break][break]

”You got the memo, though, I hope?” he called out, raising his brows. ”Dragon-type Pokemon? You brought one?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 0:25:19 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

for once, she hopes that it isn't training through brute force. [break][break]

she's had about enough of her bagon resorting to blunt force to fix his problems. though she sighs, he's piqued her interest. what does he have in mind? [break][break]

curiosity is further piqued seeing the apricorns, carefully being held in some containers. after a pause to digest it all, she nods her head and pulls out the pokeball of the very, very familiar, petite dragon pokemon who stands on the stage. she immediately steps in front of it, acting as the barrier between it and the little dino. [break][break]

"mmn, i brought apatite" unfortunately. "what do you have in mind?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 4:21:21 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Something a ‘lil different than most people here probably expected~.” With a gentle, sighing heave, he stacked several of the containers upon one another before slipping his fingers beneath the lowermost one; his grip ensured to be secure before he’d ultimately lifted both himself and its contents up. With little time between ground and air, he leaned forward to place them upon one of the tables that had been set up earlier in the day, glancing towards the two dragons (one of which visibly perked up and almost seemed as if he was about to pounce, only to allow his sudden energy to stray away) before meeting her gaze once more. ”Less combat, more, y’know...understanding~.”[break][break]

He crouched down towards the smaller storage crate again.[break][break]

”A little bit of ‘Dragon 101,’ if you will~.”[break][break]

Following those words, he took yet another box out, but by the look of the words and pictures upon its surfaces, it hadn’t contained much of an edible sort of thing. His gaze strayed absentmindedly towards the distance, scanning over a leaf pile or two as he searched for last minute attendees before peering over the table. He took a blender out, uncoiling the wire.[break][break]

”Mind giving me a quick hand? There should be a power strip hooked up to a generator somewhere on the other side of the table~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 6:20:28 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

as opposed to what the other trainers were doing with their dragons, he was approaching this.. quite differently. she can't help but to eye him, curiously. what did he have in mind? only arceus would know. and so, puzzled, she follows his lead onto the stage to watch him stack one container over the other. this was.. certainly new. [break][break]

at his words, she perks up slightly. "ah, of course" she responds with her usual flat tone, stepping forwards towards the table to find the power strip he spoke of. lo and behold, it was there. did he want her to turn it on, yet? best that she wait for him to untangle the wires, first. [break][break]

"mmn.. i'm curious to see what this training entails~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 19:44:34 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Ah, when you put it like that, you make it sound kinda questionable~,” the main laughed, a small smile tugging upon his lips as he shifted the wire from around the appliance before holding it out to her. Glancing back towards the other two dragons (one of which had been gently beating his tail against the stage while tilting his head at the one by him) for just a moment, he hummed before shifting his attention back to her again. ”It’s honestly nothing too high maintenance~. ...Honestly the kinda thing you’d go through with an actual kid, if anything…”[break][break]

He glanced over the crowds as he waited for her to take the wire, and his lips tugged into a proper grin as he cleared his throat and rose his voice.[break][break]

“I got a question for you all!” he called out, raising a brow as the heads turned towards him. ”What are the three main things you’ll need when dealing with a dragon? Come on! Anyone~!”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 4:59:51 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

in another multiverse, she'd have watched her little dragon duke it out with the tyrunt there. [break][break]

she's grateful that he isn't, and he's actually being somewhat well behaved; though there's slight concern as she glances down at the dragon type that curiously watches the man set things up on the stage. as does daphne, especially since it's not supposed to involve any sort of.. violence. this time around. so when she hears him talk about.. how you would teach a child, she can't help but to tilt her head in subtle confusion. [break][break]

of course, she's never cared for a kid in her life (save for younger cousins and her little siblings, but there was never too much of an age gap). she takes the wire, and plugs it into the socket before turning the power strip on. [break][break]

in the meantime, there's a small crowd of trainers who stand at the bottom of the stage, looking to one another as they softly discuss and chatter. someone is brave enough to raise their hand in the crowd, and shout in response "you gotta let them battle to become stronger, and take care and teach them?" they ask, though their expression points to their subtle uncertainty and confusion.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 5:14:31 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

With a purse of the lips and a smile tugging upon them, he smiled while pointing towards the brave person that spoke up. One of those is right, but otherwise, I like that answer~!”[break][break]

Glancing over to ensure that the blender was properly plugged in, he hummed to himself following that statement (all while nodding towards the woman and gesturing her back around the table to join him) and began reaching for the same containers he’d lifted just minutes prior. He lifted the first container off, undoing the plastic covering it and peeling it back. ”As far as I’m concerned,” he began in addition, ”Dragons are really, really hardy creatures- but they’re also pretty simple, too.”[break][break]

He paused, holding a hand up and lifting fingers as he went on.[break][break]

”Strength. Kindness. Trust.” He shook his hand lightly as if making an emphasis before lowering his hand again, patting the blender a few times. ”Care and the ability to teach is one of them. Strength to be able to show them you’re worthy of commanding them is another, and trust is absolutely something you’ll need in order to gain a mutual understanding and respect of one another.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:18:40 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he looks like he's enjoying himself, and even daphne has to admit that his energy is contagious. it's a relief that he's here, especially knowing that she'd sooner struggle with raising her voice to begin with. she's never been great at public speaking; that's always been alex's forte, hasn't it? it's always been her brother's talent, and her other sisters' talents. truly, a black sheep amongst the white fleece. [break][break]

she's perfectly content with staying behind the table, out of sight, until she sees the man motion with his hand to beckon her over, onto the front of the stage. there's a pique of anxiety that pokes a pit into her stomach, but she takes a deep breath and moes away to watch what he was going to do next. of course, she can.. probably figure out what he was trying to do, seeing the choice of apricor--[break][break]

... oh. [break][break]

and like that, it clicks to her, and doubtlessly, probably to a few more in the crowd as they watched the man's display. the blonde moves slightly, with the intention to nudge the man's arm with her elbow to whisper "... are we turning this session into a pokeathlon?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:19:04 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He’d paused upon noting the nudge, and even more so upon noting the words spoken to him.[break]
He found himself staring at the ground towards their flank for a small while as he processed the assumption.[break][break]

That’s...actually a pretty good idea.[break][break]

A bit more silence. A bit more staring. Before the situation could be considered overly awkward, however, lifted his gaze faintly to gaze upon a different part of the stage, and then eventually lifted his head altogether to eye the woman next to him for a small while longer. Azure hues blinked gently as he processed further until he finally turned his head towards the crowds, and then to the clearing around him.[break][break]

He observed the surroundings and the equipment they’d had before eying a smaller group off to the side. He pointed at them and gestured them onto the stage. ”...Small change of plans~! You six, right there~” he called out, laughing at the confused and surprised looks he’d received from the spontaneous request. ”Aaand...you five next to them! Come with me! We’re gonna do a little setup~.”[break][break]

He glanced towards the blonde next to him, nudging her back gently as he broadened his smile and winked.[break][break]

”Not gonna lie…? I hadn’t thought of that, but it’s a pretty good idea,” he murmured to her, nodding towards the remaining people and the blender setup behind them. ”Sorry for putting you on the spot, but do you know your way around apricorn juices~? I should have a few more blenders in the boxes, and everything you need should be in the coolers~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 4:24:38 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he's quick to change his tune; she'll have to ask what he originally planned to do later on.[break][break]

daphne watches silently as the man brings up six people to his side, and another five approach when they're called out. no doubt that they're surprised, with how sudden his request is. the woman sighs, softly, as she's nudged, but she wears a small smile as she shakes her head. defeated. [break][break]

she doesn't know a thing about making apricorn juice, but she can scour her memory for some "i can do my best." she moves over to the boxes, unhooking the pokeball from her belt to send out the little bagon who was shaking from excitement in his capsule. "apatite can help me out."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
draco domitor [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 1:36:39 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Worst case, don’t be afraid to call a couple others up to help you, too~,” he said, flashing her a lively, yet hastened wink in passing as he jogged his way towards a number of empty crates he’d brought along for what he intended to be juice storage later into the gathering. He gestured those that he’d called over and quickly urged them to take a few each, and as they began to get to work, he glanced towards the blonde haired woman once more. ”Just toss the same colored apricorns into one blender. Maybe five at a time…?” He gestured towards several other crates with what looked to be empty, plastic containers. ”Make big batches. Put the finished juices in those containers. We’ll just mix and match the flavors as necessary once we get started~.”[break][break]

With that, he turned towards those he’d gathered, and - after crouching down to gather a number of crates, himself - nodded towards a larger, open part of the gathering area. ”C’mon, let’s go…!” he called out, grinning while gently, yet hastily gesturing the trainers to start walking. ”Double time! We’re burning daylight~!”