part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
— minor arc: the brother
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 8:04:45 GMT
eric moon Avatar
[break][break]
"right, but i'm so nervous!"

the cry of a pokemon would respond to the male voice. a private school uniform could be seen donned upon the new guest. in his arm, being the source of the cry, was an eevee. in his other was a school bag tightly held. "ahhh, i'm so excited eevee!" the male would stand outside of a building owned by his distant relatives: the stones.

"i didn't think i'd actually be going through with us. you don't think mom would be upset, it isn't technically breaking her rule?"

the eevee cried in agreement. "let's go!" stepping through the sliding doors. the youth made his way into the building. at the service desk the patron would hand over his trainer card. signing in, he would say, "i'm here to see my big bro!" eric, the challenger, confidently spoke.

the receptionist was confused. questioning him as to who that might be? "the guy who worked under my late uncle. i did a bit of research on my own and found out that they were apart of the minor league. color me surprised when i learned about the guy working under my uncle! so he's technically apart of the family, hence my big bro!"

talk about lady luck! he owed a ton for steering him to this place first. "our first battle eevee, are you excited!? and it's with a family member, talk about crash!" eevee cried in agreement. "where is he? when i can meet my big bro!?" eric eagerly inquired.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 10:43:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
when the receptionist told him someone calling him their 'big bro' wants to challenge him, he expects it to be , or maybe even only to realize roman would never call him that. he'd likely call him 'big bitch', or something similar. the kid must pick up his language from his dad.

either way, he's surprised when he steps out into the waiting area to see an unfamiliar face.

"yo! it's cian, your big bro."

he throws a wave before approaching with a smile.

"dunno if we've ever met, though. or at least i don't remember..."
close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
i'm going to blow your mind.
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 11:08:43 GMT
eric moon Avatar
"haha, nah! we've never met!"

eric enthusiastically responded. "but, in a way, you're family! i learned a bit about you on the way here. you worked alongside my late uncle and even stuck around in rustboro after his passing." it was all he had to go on from what he could find. "when i learned the guy runnin' this place worked with my uncle. it made me a bit happy. i may not have gotten the chance to meet him as i am now, but getting to meet you is still a win in itself!" cian was a walking remnant of the late alexander stone. so, in a way, he'd be challenging his uncle.

"i'm here to do more than just rekindle with family though, i'm here to challenge you in order to gain access to the major league!" starry-eyed, eric would clench his bag in excitement. "in order for a trainer as fresh as me to play in the big league, i have to take on the minor league first as instructed by my teacher." if he wanted support, beating was the first objective to ensuring that. "i chose to start here because it was recommended for beginners. you're highly regarded by a lot of people, so i'm hoping to see your way of battle!"

cian was the perfect first stop. a training facility serving as a gym simultaneously. a beginner like eric could learn a lot by being here. but what he was most excited for was to see the imagery would conjure through his way of battle. cerulean orbs quivered with excitement, he would wear an enthusiastic smile upon his expression.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 13:09:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
caught off guard, he could only chuckle as he brings a hand up to scratch the back of his neck, feeling only slightly awkward at just how much eric knows about him. but he supposes it's something he should get used to, seeing how people research gym leaders and often idolized them.

"oh! yeah, i guess that makes us family. your uncle was a good man."

he still thinks he's nothing like alex, but he shrugs the thought aside.

"well, i hope to live up to your expectations! let's head down this way."

it's a short walk through the training facility, where they pass a couple of trainers battling each other, until they arrive at the section dedicated to cian's minor gym.

the terrain is rocky, filled with boulders and the like.

"what kinda battle are you looking for? single? double?"
close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 19:28:01 GMT
eric moon Avatar
he pondered on his big bro's question. thinking to himself. "i didn't know there were different kinds..." looks like he still had his work cutout. "i'll try out either or! i got no preference!" he responded jovially.

with three fingers, eric would add, "i only own three pokemon though! but we've been practicing a lot together!" eric excitedly told cian. but, quickly, his look would shift over to become a slight worry, "...except there is the fact that one of them doesn't exactly listen all too well." even though pidgeot was a gift from his late father. the pokemon could never exactly take an order, hell it barely wanted to come out.

"i don't have a strong partnership with it just yet, so i'm mostly looking forward to hopefully learn about increasing ones bond with their pokemon." among other things. "either way, i'm willing to do a double or single! i'm sure it'll be a great learning experience regardless!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 9:38:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"ha! i have a few pokemon who don't listen to me either. but they will, with time."

offering young eric reassurance, cian gives him a gentle pat on his shoulder before stepping away.

"let's do a single battle. i'm sure you already know, but the gym can simulate different environments like rain or a sandstorm."

he pulls out a single pokeball, calling out his excadrill.

"i'll pick which environment once i see your pokemon!"

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 20:37:55 GMT
eric moon Avatar
"mm, well, if this is gonna be my first battle. i'd like for it to be memorable with my one and only partner!" reaching into his bag to pull it the respective ball. eric would release none other than eevee!

"let's blow their mind, eevee!" an agreeing was uttered with excitement. ready to take on the challenge before them. it was explained, thereafter, that the environment would change. "that's so cool and high-tech! it's like the manmade beach mom owns back home!" starry-eyed and excited to see it in play. eevee, too, would mimic its trainer's excitement.

⚰︎ hover over eevee for moveset!
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 14:28:03 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
some pressure's on cian as well to maket his battle memorable. everyone only gets their first battle once, after all, and even now, years later, cian still remembers his.

oh, how he got battered.

hopefully, eric wouldn't suffer the same fate.

"yeah! i have devon to thank for it."

he has devon to thank for most things, really.

seeing the eevee, he decides on an environment that favors his excadrill: a SANDSTORM whips to life, brought forth by the whirring of machines overhead.

"alright! good luck, eric!"

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 4:32:49 GMT
eric moon Avatar
a sandstorm!? this was the last thing he would've guessed. placing on his shades, eric would look for eevee within the sandy dust cloud. "eevee!" eric called, "let's give them the honor of starting it off!" eric assumed it was go time, "QUICK ATTACK!"

in a speedy flash eevee would rush within the cloud of sand. all in order to deliver a quick tackle to the excadrill's abdomen. how stoked they were to challenge an actual "league member".

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 14:45:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
excadrill's SAND RUSH doesn't nearly get enough time to proc before it's slammed with a QUICK ATTACK. it lets out a squeal of sorts as it coughs, swinging its CRUSH CLAW down in a reactionary move to try and buy it some time to recover.

after that, it springs back, attempting to disappear into the thick of the SANDSTORM.

"that was a good hit!"

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 11:53:36 GMT
eric moon Avatar
eevee was piercingly struck in retaliation. no surprise there since it practically gave excadrill a chance to respond from such a risky movement. "reaction time," he murmured to himself. cerulean blue orbs carefully studied both pokemon and trainer.

excadrill, able to react so naturally without the need for guidance, made eric envious. this was something they would need to work on as time progressed. with a nod, he'd look to eevee, "this sandstorm is annoying!" he said aloud. once eevee regained their composure. eevee would come to realize that they could barely see out of it themselves. the excadrill was nothing more than barely a silhouette.

"yo, eevee!"

how were they gonna find excadrill in this mess? "we'll just have to freestyle it for now, launch a barrage of SWIFT'S out there!" eevee, nodding, began to release a flurry of stars out into the open field. "go, go!" eric cheered. eevee would continuously whip its tail to release several stars after the next forward. since they were unable to see the ground-type, they would just have to rely on luck! with a ADAPTABILITY active, all of eevee's normal-type moves would become increased in damage output.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 12:45:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"it really is! make sure you check your shoes after this!"

because cian knows the feeling of walking around with shoes full of sand all too well. it's comparable to walking around in wet socks, though not quite as bad as that.

eric's tactic is what he'd do as well. with no visible enemy in sight, it doesn't hurt to just chuck out a few attacks around them. eventually, one's bound to stick.

and the soft yelp of his excadrill confirms it. despite its steel-typing, the SWIFT still pierces into its skin.

"keep going, excadrill!"

DIGGING into the earth, it takes a few moments before it eventually pops out again, this time right in front of eevee to swipe its claws at it.

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 5:31:54 GMT
eric moon Avatar
the silhouette was gone! "eevee, be alert! ground-type pokemon are like ekans' hiding in the grass." and right now this sandstorm served as the grass and excadrill the ekans'. the floor rumbled beneath them as excadrill emerged to deliver another crush claw.

eevee couldn't take another hit from that. "COPYCAT!" the pokemon would raise its paw, hand aglow, and would clash with the excadrill's very own crush claw. static crackled between the pair, but the difference in power was clear enough. the excadrill would push back the eevee. sending it tumbling. the eevee would shakily stand, buffeting simultaneously from the sandstorm's effect.

"eevee!" this was bad. he'd look to cian from across the field, "you're definitely no pushover." at least he could respect the fact that he wasn't going easy on them. "using the sandstorm as a cover to launch that surprise. we barely got out of that." eevee was still revving to go. "well, if eevee is still willing to put up the fight. we're not backing down just yet!" eevee would utter a battle cry. the normal-type would ready itself for excadrill's next assault.

"come at us, big bro!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 9:09:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
like ekans' hiding in the grass. good comparison!

the returned CRUSH CLAW combats against each other, but ultimately, it's his excadrill that overpowers the eevee. using the moment, it lunges back, creating distance before disappearing into the thick of the SANDSTORM once again.

at the comment of being a pushover, cian chuckles, yelling across the field in response:

"you should've battled me in the slateport tournament!"

because that would've been a much easier fight for eric.

"i admire your spirit, lil' bro!"

eric's putting up a good fight, and this is what minor gyms are meant to be for: a learning experience. a stepping stone to the major league.

it's up to cian to make sure eric walks away with an experience.

"let's go, excadrill!"

once again, the ground rumbles, perhaps a tell of the DIG to come.

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
almia region
demisexual
altru inc. heir
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
eric moon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eric
eric moon
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 10:24:13 GMT
eric moon Avatar
the weakened eevee could only hold out for so long. they couldn't afford to make a mistake. if there was a time to learn and grow, it was now. as much as he wanted to continue entertaining and chatting with his family. he needed to channel all he could into his next plan of action.

it wasn't until eric heard a tune that his mind would come to pause; this would happen simultaneously the moment cian ushered a cry to excadrill. it was as if the world had come to a pause. this was his second time this happened. it was like his time meeting the former gym leader: . except, this time, the battlefield remained.

marigold.

petals from the flower of a marigold fell all around. and then there was his song. he could hear a powerful sound, one stronger than the last time this happened. had begun to bloom. this was his partnership with the excadrill. the trust they held between one another. he needed to mimic that sound, no matter how small. he needed to bloom, he needed to follow the music.

his sight became affixed onto the battlefield. his hearing became attuned to their powerful sound. "i can hear it," he said. "and if i can hear it, i can see it." his mind became sharpened, his focus intense. "and we're gonna follow it; eevee, use SWIFT! ready yourself for the next action, trust me!"

confidently, eevee cried in response. the pokemon would send a flurry of stars toward the excadrill once more. though, depending on its next move, a follow-up action was ready to be made. eric carefully examined the field of battle, preparing both he and eevee for what may come. the ground's rustle made eric and eevee vigilant.