awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 18:02:36 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
When Jessie got the call from her aunt whether she wanted to come over and help cook food for the family, she was happy to agree to help. Whether or not she would actually show up to the meal, well, that was to be determined. It really all would depend if would be there.

Because she really didn't want to deal with her father when she was there to have a good time.

It didn't take too long for Jessie to arrive at Spencer's place, knocking on the door until she was let in. She wore a cute fall sweater with patterned pants, a pair of solid booties matching.

"Hello," she called out in a singsong voice, closing the door behind her. "Spency, I'm here!"

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 22:31:23 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Spencer was absolutely not a chef by any means. She was the type of woman to pay other people obscene amounts of money to prepare meals for special events and gatherings. The last time her sister had asked her to bring desserts, she'd asked a bakery to cater, torn the stickers off, and pretended she'd made them from scratch.

Well, bullshitting like that kept digging her deeper and deeper, and now she was expected to cook almost the entire dinner for Thanksgiving (or the Pokemon equivalent). Let's just say, that Unfezant stuffed dinner better be worth it.

Asking Jessica for her assistance was a cry for help - and she knew her niece wouldn't rat her out. Of course, once she was here, singsonging her way through the front door and calling her 'Spency', she started to question her decision.

"You're laaate!" she trills back in the same singsongy note she's ben given. There is a crash coming from the kitchen, followed by a groan, and Spencer continues: "Did you bring the pie crusts like I asked?"
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 3:42:08 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie followed the sound of Spencer's voice, going into the kitchen where she heard a crash. She winced at the noise, wondering what exactly she was getting herself into now.

Maybe she had some wine to ease off the tension of cooking.

"What, am I not reliable or something?" she asked, holding up the reusable bag she held in her right hand.

She sighed and shook her head, setting it on the kitchen counter.

"Okay, so what the hell are you doing? What was that noise?" Jessie asked with a wrinkle of her nose.

"I signed up to help you cook, not to clean up a ton of broken glass."

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 17:42:26 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Fortunately, the only thing that Spencer had broken was her-- just kidding, she hadn't broken anything. The fancy cutlery she had been trying to wiggle out of a dark corner in the cabinets had slipped from her fingers.

But on further inspection, the fancy box barely had a scuff and the countertop showed no visible change.

"If the shoe fits."

Spencer's sour mood isn't purposely directed onto the young woman. Rather, it is an amalgamation of stress compounding on top of thin shoulders. Normally this was her sister's job with help from their parents. But ever since they had passed away.. this would be the first year without them.

And, naturally, big sister was too busy living her lavish life at Gabriel's side to offer any assistance.

"I dropped the silverware box. It's fine, nothing is broken."

She sighs, lifting it up off the counter to shuffle it elsewhere. But, upon seeing the pie crusts Jessica had brought, Spencer's face melts into a grimace. She sends a prayer up to the ceiling for having not damaged the most vital component. She'd never hear the end of it.

"You wouldn't happen to know how to make pumpkin pie, would you?"
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 2:51:22 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie set the groceries down, looking over at the cutlery that Spencer pulled down. She couldn't help but give an audible-sounding "ooh" when she saw it.

"Well, turn that frown upside down, Spency. We're gonna get this shit done, and we'll get it done right."

She offered a thumbs up before setting her arm down by her side again. Her face contorted in a strange look before laughing nervously.

"No? But, I can follow a recipe..."

Pulling out her phone, she looked up a recipe that she could follow easily enough. Looking over at Spencer, she tilted her head.

"You just want me to do the pumpkin pie?"

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 14:07:55 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Ahh.. 'Spency', did her sister teach her that?

Spencer forces a smile, clearly out of her element and sarcastic, as Jessica throws up a thumbs up. If she had hands available she probably would have reciprocated the same. Alas, she is opening and counting the cutlery to make sure everything is in order.

"That's great, because I don't have one of those, either."

She side-eyes the girl as she pulls out her phone, and then chooses to stand closer to hover and read. She mumbles each separate ingredient and feels herself gradually growing more and more stressed.

"You won't tell your mom, will you?"
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 2:27:11 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
At the mention of her mother, Jessica couldn't help the scowl that crossed her face.

"Why would I do that?"

She rolled up her sleeves, revealing the small bit of a farmer's tan she had gotten from her previous few missions working outside. It was a little embarrassing, and she had to cover up the pale spots with makeup when she performed.

It was all about perfection after all.

Jessie began to scoop pumpkin puree into a bowl, throwing in the ingredients that the recipe called for as she thought for a moment.

"I don't really give a shit about them. The Black family. I mean, my siblings are one thing. My parents..."

She trailed off, her stirring coming to an aggressive stop. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to start that."

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 0:05:45 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Oof, sore spot. Spencer can't help but raise an eyebrow and tuck her cheek to the side to hide her devious grin. More like a subtle smirk, but the effect was the same. Outside of her own dumpster fire of a social life, she didn't keep up much with the affairs of her sister's family.

This was probably the first time in.. months or longer, that she had even seen them. Jessica might be the one relative she hears from the most, and even that was somewhat uncommon.

When she glances back, she notes the woman's farmer's tan and smiles, looking up at the coupon taped to her fridge.

"Sounds like you could use a spa day."

Spencer's eyebrows raise and she sets down the napkins she's holding. Concern shimmers behind the suspicion and the intrigue, for once, genuine human emotion.

"It sounds like you really could use a spa day."

Jessica's stirring is furious for a moment and she stops before Spencer has a chance to step in and stop a mess from occurring. But she does step in anyway, hands hovering over her nieces to set the bowl and spoon to the side for a moment.

"Uptight? Demanding?"

She's referring to her sister, Jessica's mother.

"Please, continue all you like, my dear. I love to hear about other people's problems. Makes mine seem small in comparison."
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 3:50:59 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica was the same way as Spencer. However, the tables were turned, and she wished she didn't have to complain about anything.

In fact, she had everything to complain about today, it seemed.

"Gabriel came to the club I was working at. Barged in during the middle of one of my performances and then caused a scene afterwards. He wanted to talk to me."

Jessie finished the pie, putting it in the oven to cook.

"He said I didn't belong there. Essentially just reminding me that I was this huge disappointment and I was a stain on the great Black family name. I chose to stay, because that's where I belong. Night life, dancing. It's my life."

She sighed.

"I think I do need a spa day..."

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 23:30:27 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
For the sake of faking politeness, Spencer keeps her hands busy. She listens attentively though, with the occasional glance over her shoulder. Nothing Jessica has to say truly surprises her, but it does intrigue her.

"I see."

She sets the timer as her niece sets the pie inside the oven.

"Then fuck Gabriel. If you're happy with the choices you're making and what you're doing, then that's what matters- not his opinion."

Spencer shrugs, and then laughs and pulls Jessica into a hug. It's awkward, because she isn't a hugger, but the moment feels right anyway.

"Then I'll book us a spa day. You know I'm coming with."
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 19:59:07 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Spencer lifted her spirits, at least a bit higher than they had been several moments ago. Usually, in her family, her decisions were not met with so much support. Just judgement and looks of embarrassment.

She felt like Spencer was really the only member she could truly trust with her intentions.

"I appreciate it, Spency," she said, accepting the embrace.

Of course, Jessie laughs and gives a small grin when she mentioned booking a spa day for them.

"I'd love for you to come. I think it'd be fun, drinking some drinks and getting a massage or our nails done."

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 22:05:34 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Spencer knows that feeling all too well, that pressure. She has suffered beneath it's weight her whole life. Always the odd one out, the black sheep, the youngest disappointment.

She hadn't been good enough at running, hadn't risen to the top of her food chain. She hadn't done anything noteworthy enough to impress her parents- and then her big sister had taken the spotlight and married the man of her dreams and stolen literally everything from her.

Nice.

"Sure thing, kiddo."

Half-hearted, she presses a kiss to Jessica's temple before pulling away to continue with the pie-making. The timer was still ticking down.

"Maybe we can do our nails with those Unown designs everyone is raving about these days."

She wiggles her fingers, smirking.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 17:39:52 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help but crave the affection that Spencer gave her, even if it was half-hearted. She never got it at home, so getting it now was like a sweet treat.

"Unown nails? I thought I saw some of that trend on my feed. I didn't know if it blew up or not."

She shook her head, unable to hide a laugh at the though.

"Soon enough, they're going to make us dress up like unowns at the clubs. Can you fucking imagine?"

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 16:07:13 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
"They're pretty ugly, honestly - putting eyeballs on your fingernails.. yeesh! But.. you gotta stay with the trend, right?"

Or else, what's the point?

She inspects her nail beds for a moment. It was definitely well past time she had a manicure and gave some attention to her mistreated cuticles. Ugly nail polish or not.

"Ew. Dressing up as Unowns? Over my dead body."
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
spill the tea [aa/m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2021 2:39:44 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie snorted.

"Yeah... well, I may go with pink. Or red. Something cuter than unown nails. I just can't make myself do that."

It made her shudder, thinking about looking down at her nails with unown eyes staring back at her.

"It's creepy..."