slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 22:54:28 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
as much as he hates to admit it, kim knows nothing much about his fellow councilmember freya. with everything that had been placed on his plate as of late, he hasn’t had the time to gather any intel on her, or others for that matter.

this would change now though.

he had made plans, requesting his absence in work in order to court a few of those he had fallen out of touch with, his duties taking priority over what personal life he had. this time off would give him the opportunity to spend time with these people, building any information he could within the timeframe he had their attention.

freya was one of those few he decided to hit up.

while she wasn’t exactly one who he had fallen out of contact with, he never got the chance to properly introduce himself and whenever they would meet, it was always a smile, and a hello, before he had gotten back to work. she was little more than a stranger to him, even given their positions.

this meetup gave him the opportunity to talk more with her than anything, and their designated meeting place, ever grande park after dark. it’s empty walkways a metaphorical red carpet laid out just for the two to walk alone.

once they were properly greeted to one another kim would take his place, a smile situated naturally on his lips.

miss freya, i can’t tell you how much of a pleasure it it to finally be speaking to you one on one.

i’ve been out and about every which way recently so it’s nice to just relax with someone i want to talk to for a change instead of being forced to do this and that every five minutes.

he’d catch himself, shaking his head after a quick pause, a bit of annoyance at himself shown on his face.

but i didn’t want to talk about work. i’d much rather let you speak. i’m sure the serenade of your voice is more than enough soothe what troubles wade on my back.

so… tell me about yourself.

remaining quiet, the lavender haired man would continue walking slowly and listening intently.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 18:12:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the only intimacies she's shared with her fellow councilmembers are her interactions thus far with . though she'd been quick to ally herself alongside the man, she doesn't feel her decision hasty. 

she knows very little of mr. cole. they've all been busy dealing with the fallout from slateport that she hasn't taken the time to delve deeper and see what's under his public image. 

the poster boy for the league. she can certainly see why he does so many of their press releases. his smile is syrup-sweet, charming and handsome. and as soon as he speaks, voice like honey, she feels the full force of his charisma wrap around her. 

amused, her lips tilt in a smile. "i'm more than happy to start with pleasantries, mr. cole, but i fear that this meeting of mine is a bit ill-timed. forgive me. i'm not the romantic type and it was only this morning that i realized today's date." 

she laughs gently and holds out her arm to slide through his. "but we're in each other's company now. we may as well embrace the happenstance.

"i'm a dragon tamer, first and foremost, but i've recently been branching out into training pokemon other than dragons. which has been interesting, to say the least. i'm from kalos originally, but hoenn is and forever will be home. and moxie here is slightly unsettled by the scent of your perfume, but i quite like it."

at the sound of her name, the ekans' head emerges from under the folds of freya's jacket. her tongue flicks fervently and she hisses softly before wrapping back around freya's collar. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:51:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
her compliance and immediate respondence was appreciated, and the quick pin-point summary of herself jotted down in a mental bank; sure to remember every words she had uttered on this outing.

though it caught him off guard when she mentioned the ekans’ distaste for his fragrance, a mild look of indifference settling on his face.

this was his favorite perfume afterall.

but he didn’t hold the pokemon to the natural incompatibility, instead opting to sate the snakes discomfort as best as he could with condolences.

please accept my apologies, moxie. it was never my intent to bring such an unpleasant smell to your tongue, but please bear with it for a little while longer.

a smile once more formed on his face as he looked to freya, chuckling slightly before continuing.

i appreciate your compatibility with it though, and only hope this extends to me as well and not just my fragrance.

as for that history, it sounds like you’re a long way from your beginning. nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever, it’s an endearing aspect actually, and i respect you for coming to hoenn whether it be to provide aid or otherwise.

something urged for him to prod further into questioning her, but he was not here for work, he were here for a pleasurable outing with a newly acquired friend, and he’d be damned if he’d ruin the evening with bothersome inquiries.

i guess it’s only fair i tell you a little about myself too then.

i’m not really privy to one type of pokemon in particular, i just prefer ones i find either cute or beautiful in their aesthetic. i was born here in hoenn and only leave when i need to, which is somewhat rarely. i wish i could introduce you to my pokemon but they usually spend this off time relaxing in their own ways; usually at one of my homes.

a moment would be taken to think, continuing after a brief pause in wording to extend a further notion.

i have a question miss freya… what made you initially come to hoenn? was it the beautiful view of the sea, the attractions it has to offer, or did you just want a change of scenery from the already grand one of kalos?

he would hold his tongue on bad mouthing the region, its unappealing characteristics obviously a minus to anyone's trip advisory.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 18:03:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"yes," she says. "i am a long way from my beginnings." memories resurface just as quickly as she shuts them back down--soft lips, whispers in the middle of the night, unkept promises that haven't been forgotten. she'd never seen much of the grandeur he speaks of, and her single trip back hadn't lasted more than a week. 

"homes?" she asks, brows raised. it's not uncommon for high-ranking leaders to use their salaries for themselves. who could blame them so? but she herself keeps only a small apartment near mauville's league hq and often stays with her family when visiting sootopolis. a majority of her own earnings goes back into funding for the league, or donating to nonprofits that do an assortment of things for the people.

she blinks, surprised by the question, though she muses that perhaps she shouldn't be. though her former identity is no secret, she certainly doesn't tout the fact that she's not a hoenn native. "my birth father gave me up and i spent a majority of my adolescence in foster care. it was only when the morningstar family found me and brought me back here to hoenn that i realized this was home."

moxie, feeling the quickening of freya's heartbeat, squeezes around her comfortingly. the dragon tamer thinks a moment longer, finding her words. "just as we can't choose who we are born to, we can decide who becomes our family. and the same goes with our home. hoenn is my region and there isn't much i wouldn't do to protect it."

a dangerous notion? yes. but she speaks with confidence, with hardened determination, and most importantly--with truth

"and i must assume, given your own status within the region, that you have your own reasons for feeling the same way?"

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 23:41:35 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
a somewhat embarrassed look spread across his face, a flushed red taking form on his tan cheeks. speaking of his spending habits always made him reflect on them.

when i was younger i used my father’s expenses to buy homes in just about every major city, it was less of a convenience thing and more of a petty action on my part. back in his day he was a councilman and… nevermind.

he’d rather not think of such unplesantries during this outing, he’d already overstepped his own set boundaries by bringing him up.

it seemed she doesn’t have the luxury of a proper hereditary upbringing either, her words forcing pity from him as she further expands on her life.

the smile returned to his face, somber in it’s intensity as she finished speaking. the notion she had bought up forced him to shake his head, a light chuckle following.

nope.

she had given him as much truth as one could ask for, so why should he not do the same.

i didn’t want this position at all initially. in fact the was the last thing i wanted.

i wanted to live a simple life with my friends with a moderate amount of attention and no real obligations. but then… i broke my arms. that’d be a weird reason for someone to turn their life around, right? right. that wasn’t the reason.

he’d sigh, nervously rubbing his face as he continued after a slight pause in speech.

i started to become a little more well known for my actions during this big rescue mission, and my father decided that it was time for me to ‘do what i was born to’ and after my arms healed up, i was forced to do as much as i could to raise my rank within the league. and after running myself ragged to get to a higher position… here i am… running myself ever more ragged.

once more, he’d sigh, rubbing the bridge of his nose, looking to freya briefly.

initially, i didn’t have the same reason as you. but it came, slowly but surely.

if i hadn’t been put in the position i’m in now, the appreciation i have for this region and its people would have been entirely different… in a way, i’m thankful for my father… even if he is a horrible person.

he expects no pity and should get none, but it was sort of a relieving feeling to get this off of his chest, even if it was to someone he barely knew.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 17:53:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it's not the most awe-inspiring story, but there's something about the way he tells it--the naked truth, regardless of what she may think of him--that forgoes any opinions she may have otherwise been quick to form of him. she listens to him silently, trying to sympathize with his story.

he is everything she is not. she has always been ambitious and driven, known that she might accomplish something great. she has striven her entire life to make a difference. a simple life. no real obligations. 

the idea is laughable to her. she's a restless spirit with the heart of a dragon. "at the end of the day, you could have turned your back on all of it--on your father, the life he was preening you for. and yet you're still here, on the council to make a difference. i quite admire that, mr. cole."

she steps closer to him by way of avoiding a low-hanging tree branch before them. moxie shifts, disgruntled, under her jacket and she smiles. 

"what are we to do then?" she says, smile fading, "when we care so much and yet our people cry that we do not. how do we make them see our truths?'

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 23:08:43 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
as he knew they would, her words soothed him, her reassurance forcing the somber smile to regain it’s calm realism. the closeness she presents would only further the steadiness of his heart, quelling the fears of trust lost.

it was only when she raised a question that he’d gain a look of indifference, his eyes set on a nearby bench overlooking a powered down fountain, they had reached the middle of the park.

a gesture was made to sit, kim moving them towards the bench as he quickly answered, her words needing no thought before executing a response.

we do our best frey.

we can’t please everyone, and gods knows we are likely to always be seen as useless- only furthering peoples claims when we fail- but we’re in our position to do our best. we can’t always predict what's going to happen next, but we can try our best to prevent things from happening as well as protect those affected by what happens.

he’d scratch his cheek with an idle index as he thought of his words.

i guess what i mean is… don’t strive to please people when it comes to safety, do what you know is the right thing to do, even if they don’t agree with it. we’re in these seats because our judgement is seen as beneficial after all.

a look of confidence stood rooted on his face, sure of his words and their delivery, only unsure of her thought process as she heard them.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON May 26, 2019 20:22:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]do what you know is the right thing to do, even if they don't agree with it. his words hold more weight to her than he could possibly imagine. she stands when he offers her to sit and join him, though it's more so because the gears are turning in her head than anything else. she didn't realize that the final resolve she'd needed, the words to end all doubts about her future, would be found here, in casual conversation with a man who knows next to nothing about her. 

eventually, perhaps she'll thank him for this. 

she blinks, suddenly realizing his request, and joins him on the bench. chrysanthemums and a gathering of baby's breath sway in a gentle breeze, and their scent gathers around the two trainers. 

"how did you get so wise, mr. cole?" she says with a small laugh. "i'll admit, i didn't expect to find myself so...tired all the time. i was out in the field far more than before the promotion, but something about letters and politicking is just..." she shakes her head. 

"what would you see changed, if you could?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2019 7:45:38 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
It felt like an eternity had passed before she decided to sit down, the councilman having enough time to readjust himself before she finally took her seat next to him, her words of praise catching him off guard.

He didn’t think much of what he had said, it’s what anyone would say if they were in the same seat as him, anyone who’s had enough time being in charge of others would know that they often times do know better than the ones they are charged with taking care of. Maybe she needed more time being the one on top to figure that out. With enough time anyone would become as jaded to their decisions as he has.

A moment would pass, the seconds letting silence sit between them as he took the time to think, the question sudden and unaccounted for.

What would I see changed?

He muttered to himself, a finger tapping his cheek as he pondered for a moment, a leg crossing over another as he grabbed hold onto the lifted appendage, his mind still in though. It would take a moment for him to find the right words, but they would come.

How much I have to move I guess.

He’d chuckle, releasing his leg before resting his elbow onto it, his head now propped up as he looked to her.

Being who I am, I have to be on every edge of Hoenn every other hour. It’s quite taxing on my Kirlia and can be a little nauseating with how much I have to do it.

Surely this answer was not expected, but there wasn’t much he could think to change that was possible to change.

Of course there are some things that I’d like to change, the false reports that come in, the people that are always in edge, the people that cause people to be on edge, but those things I can’t exactly change. We have our problems to deal with and they have theirs, and the way that they handle them is up to them, not us. We can’t exactly force people to act the way we want them to, especially the ones that are against us.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2019 2:48:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she'd meant in the grand scheme of things, of course, but she can't help but empathize with his confession. lyune has certainly seen more clear sky than battle these days. he'd been a strong flier regardless, but lately he's grown sleeker; his stamina has increased exponentially as well. 

still, sleeping on dragonback in between meetings all across the region is not the ideal situation for someone. 

"i get that," she agrees with a nod. 

she looks away. "it's just so...silly to me. we're all doing the best we can, but still it's not good enough. now more than ever we need their support and trust. we can't keep putting out fires on our own side and deal with outside threats at the same time."

she laughs. "but we have to do just that. that's why i wanted this job, after all. i'm a servant to the people, first and foremost, but gods if it isn't annoying when the people take you for granted."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 20:49:13 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
What can you do?

He said with a shrug, lips tilted slightly as a look of indifference took form on his features.

It’s only human nature for people to find someone to pin the blame on, and usually it’s the people in charge. We’re in these positions to solve problems that we can, but when there and problems not easily solved and they affect citizens, the citizens can become irritable. That’s why we do what we can in the moment and let our actions speak for us.

A light wind picked up, the night air cooling over them quietly, the councilman taking the moment to collect his words before continuing.

How about we try to rely on each other for support if others won’t do it for us? I know just as well as you do how taxing it can be to only have ill spoken of you, so let’s try and support one another as much as you can.

A soft smile formed on his lips as he looked to her, a gentle expression on his features as the kind words were uttered in a docile tone.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
in your light [hh]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 6:55:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: