Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
A Case for a Brother [Remi]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 17:43:05 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A Case for a Brother

The Case of Mr. Cassel, opened by

The station was borderline empty.

Merely the beginning of the night shift, and yet he and a handful of officers were all that remained.

Him, working hard to get through each and every single file within the station. The Station Chief, probably ripping his hairs out inside his office; the recent stress had turned them all near gray; soon enough, it would make them fall off as well.

The hapless receptionist, nervously staring at the doors with a gun underneath the table, waiting for the worst to happen.

A few others, out on patrol- in groups, of course. Going at it alone after the sun dipped underneath the horizon was beyond reckless, these days.

Regardless, Gwyar expected it to be peaceful tonight. New Councilman had only just arrived to Sootopolis, after all- with several new police officers, Gwyar amongst them, in tow.

Surely nothing would happen tonight.

Bingo Prompt: "Wolf & Lamb"
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 15:09:43 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
They weren't prepared for Remi Cassel.

There would be no warning, no call ahead, no preparation to be made. She comes through the front doors, loud and unannounced, rage boiling off of her skin. It almost gives her a heat wave sort of effect, but maybe she's literally just shaking.

"This is it? This is everyone on duty tonight?"

There is incredulousness in her voice, a sense of disbelief. She gestures to the entire office, to the slim pickings around her. And, from what she could see, none of them were hard at work. Something catches her eye that makes her anger worse, and she tears the paper off of the bulletin board and slams it onto the table infront of what would happen to be or one of his buddies.

"Sitting around on your hands? Is this the reason my brother hasn't been found? Why you stupid, useless pricks have no idea what happened to him?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 19:41:44 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A Case for a Brother

Thankfully, the receptionists' nerves do not get the better of her even when the doors swing open abruptly, the woman nearly yelping but otherwise maintaining her excellent trigger discipline.

"P-pardon, ma'am?" She asked, clearly offput by the other woman's intensity and anger.

That and, her apparent disregard for the recent happenings in Sootopolis.

The receptionist flinched when the paper was slapped atop her desk, staring at the missing person poster for a moment and realizing who she must have been speaking to.

"Ah... Ms. Cassel." She said, licking her lips nervously.

Oh boy. She had to be the bearer of bad news to the clearly temperamental lady. Wonderful.

With a grimace showing just how little she wanted to be the one to give Remiel the bad news, the receptionist's mouth opened.

Just before a large man stepped out from one of the cubicle's with a large folder in hand, clearing his throat loudly.

The receptionist glanced his way, her eyes drifting down to the words written on the folder in hand before moving back to his eyes.

He smiled at her, before stepping up to the woman.

"Ms. Cassel, correct?" He spoke, taking a step towards her before offering his hand. "I am Officer Gwyar Wledig. I've been in charge of your case for the past..."

He counted in his head.

"6 or so hours." He said, before stepping aside. "Shall we continue this discussion in my office?"

His cubicle, at any rate.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 18:59:24 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Deep down she knows that the woman at the counter isn't the one she's angry with. Really, she knows that it isn't even the whole precinct. They were doing their best with what they had, and what they had wasn't much. If only one person had no information, it was their fault - but if no one had information, it was no one's fault.

But she was still angry, and her brother was still dead. And no one had figured out what the fuck had happened to him.

Therefore, there had to be someone to blame.

Remi opens her mouth to smile sarcastically and incline her head-- but is interrupted by the voice of a man guiding her attention away from the innocent, rattled woman and to him, instead. Her stare is violent, predatory, shaking with rage and grief.

He offers his hand, and somehow, she maintains the self-control to not swat it away. She takes it, measures her breathing, and shakes it.

"He's been dead for months."

But this guy has only picked up the case now, and been working on it for a handful of hours? Hoenn was a shithole.

"Let's discuss."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 14:15:39 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A Case for a Brother

"Indeed." The man answered gravely, nodding as they shook hands. "Shall we, then?"

He led her further into the precinct, entering the shared office cubicles and directing her to his own in the corner. He has a white board set up nearby, a very typical scene of photographs and connecting threads painting a loose picture of what is known.

"Please, have a seat!" The blonde said politely as he grabbed at his own swivel chair and pulled it out for her, gesturing towards it before handing her the large folder he had been holding.

He allowed the woman the chance to acquaintance herself with the contents for a moment before speaking once again.

"Ms. Cassel. Though I've only been on your brother's case for 6 hours, I am not the first officer to take on the job." He said as he stepped towards the white board, his hand gently touching at the surface as he traced the many red threads with a furrowed brow. "Another detective had been working on it for months long before I joined the Sootopolis PD."

The clues and conjectures the man had gathered and made- what remained of them at the very least, were all before them.

"That Detective is dead."

It was all that remained of him.

"Around the time Team Rocket took over the city, Detective DuBois disappeared completely for a period of 7 days. On the eighth day, his body was found and reported by civilians, several hundred miles away from Sootopolis within the Shoal Cave. Cause of death: unknown."

Truly unknown. If Remi looked through the files thoroughly, she would find an autopsy report different from her brother's own; the detective's.

Trained professionals had failed to identify the true cause of death... and the fact the report was within the folder meant that the new officer...

"I am convinced whoever is behind the Detective murder is at least related to the death of your brother as well." The man said with a confident nod, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "Though Officer mortality rates within Sootopolis have risen to frightening levels, the causes of death are always easily identifiable. Stab wounds, gun shots, elemental or poison damage, psychic crushing... the cruelty can be endless, but the methods are always simple. And the killings are always in Sootopolis." ​

The detective's death was an outlier. He had gotten too close to answers.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights