awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 20:14:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

When was the last time that he’d met with Angelo?

Honestly, the ex-courier had been so busy, there was almost no time between them to properly align and meet outside of their respective jobs.

(Hell, Claire had even sent Angelo messages asking her to save her from wheelchair boy’s suffocating presence, hah.)

Alexei wondered if he would be able to find a way for them to meet again. He surmised that the other was now busy flying his plane all over the place…

After leaving a note for @mattis that he was going to be meeting with a friend that day (and yes he was bringing the wheelchair to this meetup) and not to worry that he was going to be too far, he’d managed to drag his ass to an outdoor café not too far away from the Sanctuary proper.

Now the question was, would the other show up?

There was so much news to share.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:28:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Angelo would show, of course. Albeit eleven minutes late and with dried dirt splashed on his pants legs, tubes of parchment protruding this way and that from the backpack slung over his shoulders. Even so his teeth flash white, a wide smile stretching across his face as the dishevelled pilot spots his waiting friend – unabashed. [break][break]

Didn’t make you wait too long, did I?” [break][break]

Weaving through the maze of other tables, narrowly having his bag slap a patron or two in the face, the Alto Marean finally comes face to face with his friend. It had been a busy couple of months getting his business off the ground and although he had spoken to the gym leader on occasion to catch up, it had been a while since they’d had the opportunity to really hang out.[break][break]

It’s good to see you, man.” And so there’s no hesitation when he reaches the table, not even when he sees that Alex was still stuck in his wheelchair, for Angelo to reach forward and give the other man a friendly pat on the shoulder in greeting. [break][break]

Alright, you can't sit there empty handed. What d'you want? I'll get this one.” Angelo offers. He’s already standing, after all. [break][break]

Putting his backpack down on the ground carefully, from within its depths Pomilio wiggles and lets out a sleepy hoo, stirred by the gentle jostle.

[attr="class","angelotag"]

[attr="class","angelonotes"]

notes.

n/a.

[attr="class","angelopokes"]

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelow] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelopokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 17:12:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Nah, not been waiting too long—only got here like five minutes ago myself,” he said with a chuckle—waving at the other in return with his (still) injured right hand.

Sure, there were only bandages there now, but still, fact of the matter was it was taking a long-ass while for that to heal. How many months had it been now since he was attacked? It was almost the end of the year!

“New work kept you busy I take—” he trailed off, noticing that the other’s backpack made a hooting noise?

“Wait, is there something sleeping in there?” he chuckled. “Another injured avian for Claire and the others to fuss over?”

Or was it something else altogether, at least until he noticed all the rolls sticking out haphazardly from the backpack the other had brought along.

“What’s with all the paper you’re bringing around? Don’t tell me you’ve become some kind of academic researcher now?” he joked.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 20:32:32 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Angelo orders them some drinks and then sits down, placing their number marker in the shape of a Emolga with fat cheek pouches on the table.[break][break]

Not this time. That’s just Pom.” Leaning down to flip open the front of his backpack, Angelo reveals the contently slumbering Rowlet within. “Claire can have at ‘im. If he wakes up for her fussing, she deserves to be called Hoenn's Rowlet Whisperer.” [break][break]

At first glance you’d think the little owl was a plush, giving that it slept like the dead. Only the exhaled hoo’s giving away that it remained among the living.[break][break]

Snorting inelegantly, Angelo throws a raised brow towards his friend as the peeking scrolls draw forth a joke, smiling in playful consideration. “That doesn’t sound too bad. Feel free to call me Dr Vestri, cartographer of the undiscovered realms.” Only Alex really shouldn’t, titles weren’t his thing – fake or not. [break][break]

They’re just some of my maps. I was making notes on Route 120, can show you later if you’re interested.”[break][break]

It’s easy falling back into conversation with Alexei, he finds. Like it hadn’t been months. So much had changed and yet he’s a little surprised to see that some things in life still persisted, turning the coffee that trickles down Angelo’s throat the wrong kind of bitter. [break][break]

It was during the Tournament he’d last spent time with the gym leader and yet those injuries of his lingered… [break][break]

Your injuries are taking their sweet time, huh?” He asks, curious.

notes.

autumnal bingo: cheek pouch

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 21:37:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I have a Rowlet of my own too, only problem is mine’s like, an extreme glutton. Keeps eating everything he sees. Oy, those two would get along,” he chuckled, unable to stop the peal of laughter bubbling in his throat.

“I’ll let Claire know you miss her,” he added with a chuckle. Knowing that most of everyone missed Angelo’s antics dropping by at the Sanctuary, boy the other was definitely overdue for a visit pretty much.

At the opportunity of calling him a title, even if sounded so hokey, oh you know he would take the chance to do that. Like right now.

“Oh, Doctor Vestri, what are you searching for outside of the city limits, close to my gym?” he began with a pretend-serious air, before breaking down into a fit of the giggles.

“No, seriously, Angelo, your name still sounds better without a title,” he went on, unable to control his laughter before slapping his left hand on the table in a giggling fit.

And then—

It was like déjà vu all over again.

Last time it was with Stormy, now it was with Angelo.

“Oh, that? Well, you see…” he said, bringing himself back into a state of semi-seriousness before looking around to make sure nobody was listening in on their conversation.

He had to beckon Angelo over, to come closer.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 20:15:57 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

That’s a secret.” A shit-eating grin curls on the corner of his lips when prompted for his motivations, a fingertip tapping against his nose at the gym leader. “But I have no bad intentions with your beloved Fortree, you can trust me.” [break][break]

There was no secret, not really. Angelo was simply following his wandering spirit, letting the playful breeze take him down paths unexplored. His heart at ease traversing and discovering, imprinting it in his memory and to paper. [break][break]

He hadn’t been looking for anything in particular. Simply greedily absorbing whatever it was the universe laid before him.[break][break]

With dirt beneath his fingertips and beneath the scent of pumpkin spice lingering in the air of the quaint café, his hand grips the edge of the table, leaning in as Alexei becons him closer. He’d discover what was going on with his friend, too.[break][break]

Why d’we have to whisper?” He asks, tiny smile masking the twist of concern in his gut. [break][break]

What’s going on?

notes.

autumnal bingo: pumpkin spice

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 21:21:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You see,” he began quietly, so quiet that the other would have to lean in close in order to hear, “…with injuries, normally it only takes a couple of weeks, a few months tops for someone who was stabbed to recover from them, what with all the advances in the medical field, right?”

He let the silence hang in the air before continuing.

“In my case, well, any kind of injury I sustain takes much longer to heal than usual. It’s much worse when I start…bleeding.”

Like how I almost bled to death when I was attacked, he finished the rest of that sentence in the back of his head.

“Let’s just say… the way my body is, I have to be like, extra careful not to get too seriously injured.”

He wondered if the other would catch on, the way he was letting this slip in fits and starts.

Hell, it took him a while to open up about this matter with @mattis and even then, he knew exactly how the bluenette had reacted to that revelation.

Only a few people outside of his sisters, knew this secret—the bluenette, his drag son, and a close friend who had gone away recently being a few of them.

There was another, but he had a feeling that one had caught on with the way he was acting so strangely back then.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 12:19:15 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Sharing secrets like he was preparing to utter solemn prayers, Alex urges him to lean across the small table to hear the confessional. In the background the cheerful atmosphere of the café drains away, mimicking cold coffee thrown down the drain but not after he’d taken a metaphorical sip, something cold briefly passing beneath tanned skin.[break][break]

Angelo unconsciously drums his fingertips against the old oak surface, listening.[break][break]

Damn, man. That sounds like a pain in the ass.” A hand raises to his chin, thoughtfully scratching the slight roughness there as Alexei’s situation is digested. He doesn’t bother to mask the way his nose wrinkles, why pretend it isn’t a shitty situation to be in? [break][break]

I was wondering why it was taking so long for you to get better. It’s been, what, six months now?” Leaning back in his chair, Angelo releases a heavy sigh. [break][break]

So how long until you can 'officially' get back in the air, d’you think?” Because both of them were birds of a feather, in that regard. Angelo knew that if he were the one grounded, he’d slowly descend into madness. [break][break]

That’s why he’d continuously snuck out after the incident within Mt Pyre. It wouldn't be a surprise to him if Alexei might have done the same.

notes.

autumnal bingo: pumpkin spice

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 20:04:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Righteous pain in the ass, has been since I was a kid, actually,” he continued in that same quiet tone.

“Just one little bruise and I get fucking hell raised all over me. My parents tried to shut me in a bubble. But I wasn’t having any of that shit so I just… left home, after I turned sixteen.”

The nonchalant way he’d just dropped that, from out of nowhere. At least he’d already come to terms that he wasn’t going home to Unova, like ever again.

“It’s my blood, actually,” he continued as he eyed the surroundings, hoping nobody else was listening in. “Something’s wrong with it, and no manner of medical miracles can fix it. I’m stuck with it my whole life.”

The finality with his tone.

And then the question of when he could get back into the skies he called ‘home’, where he felt more comfortable than anywhere in the world—well, asides from with a certain @mattis.

“Sixty days in this portable hell in a cell, but the someone I asked to keep count of didn’t keep track so I’m like, staying in an extra month just to be sure,” he chuckled.

It was crazy, really.

“You fly private now, that right?” he went on, bringing the conversation back to something they could talk about casually.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 14:46:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

You know your body better than anyone, Alex. You’ve lived with it all your life,” he says after a pause, lips pressed into a fine line when the waitress brings the drinks that he’d ordered. Not wanting to continue the conversation when Alexei seems keen to keep his secrets just that. [break][break]

If you feel ready, then I say go for it.” Perhaps not the best advice, however Angelo knew from experience how suffocating being on lockdown after an injury could be. He’d scarcely followed doctors’ orders after the incident on Mt Pyre, himself…[break][break]

Alexei was clearly a better patient than he was. [break][break]

Just don’t go crazy and start, I don’t know… taking up sky diving or something.” His lips curl into a smile, it’s a tempting thought. [break][break]

It’s not long before their conversation turns skyward. Blue eyes look down to stare at the glitter of ceiling lights reflecting on the dark surface of his coffee, its rich aroma drifting up to hit him in the face. Even it doesn’t want to stay close to the ground. [break][break]

Yep,” Angelo pops the ‘p’ just before bringing his mug to his lips, peering at his friend over the top with an arch of his brow. “I’ve been picking up odd jobs, mostly. Surveying. Transporting people, cargo… Can’t escape those deliveries but,” a warm chuckle escapes him, comfortable as he slumps back into his chair. [break][break]

It’s worth it.” For the rolled-up bundle of notes in his pocket. But mostly for the unlimited access to the skies.

notes.

n/a

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 18:59:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei couldn’t help but burst out into laughter at Angelo’s suggestion.

“Oh, you know I am dying to walk again. Problem is I got someone who’s like, breathing down my neck whenever I suggest walking and not taking the wheelchair, well, I’m stuck here,” he continued with a chuckle as he took his own vanilla latte and took a drink from it.

At the mention of skydiving, he let out a guffaw of laughter.

“Oh, c’mon, now that’s just really asking for it,” he chuckled. He was pretty sure if he brought up the notion of skydiving while still injured would definitely lose his shit.

As for him picking up deliveries and other things…

“You think you can cut a deal with me? I’m looking for someone reliable to bring in deliveries for the Sanctuary’s inventory. It sucks ass having to go all the way to Lilycove to pick everything up myself,” he added with another chuckle.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 19:21:43 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Impatience sees hot coffee burning a path down Angelo’s throat, singing the tastebuds on his tongue all the way until he finishes the generous sip with a sighed hiss. He can’t bring himself to complain over his choices however, not when the caffeine hit burns so good. [break][break]

He peers at Alexei over the rim of his mug, eyebrow raised, when the Gym Leader tilts the subject towards business. [break][break]

Sure. I’ll see what I can do,” a breezy smile is hidden briefly as Angelo takes another sip, this one all the sweeter when sprinkled with the addition of a deal. [break][break]

Angelo hadn’t expected a spontaneous catchup with a friend to result in a potential business partnership but there wasn’t a chance he’d turn down the opportunity. Although if Alex expected a substantial friendship discount, he’d most likely be left disappointed… [break][break]

Have Claire send me details later on how much you’re looking to have delivered and how often, and I’ll run some figures for you.” [break][break]

Speaking of the Fortree receptionist… [break][break]

So, who’s the neck breather? Is it Claire?

notes.

n/a

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 17:31:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know you gotta show up and show your face sometime when you get the chance, Ethan’s dying without you,” he laughed at Angelo’s mention of Claire.

Somewhere, out there, a certain blonde receptionist sneezed several times.

Anyway—

“What, her? Pfft, no!” he added with another guffaw of laughter as he took another sip of his drink. “Claire already has Ethan to bother, this is someone else entirely!”

Oh, sheet.

Did Angelo not realize—?

He then rummaged around for his phone before quickly finding the picture he was really proud of and turned the screen around to show Angelo just who it was.

“Him. He’s the one keeping me in rolling chair jail. Although… he forgot to count exactly sixty days so I had to recount again just to make sure…”

Love you, @mattis!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 19:23:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

As soon as Angelo leans across the table to get a look at the picture pointed his way, his lips curl smug with understanding. Amusement rolling off him like the aroma of his coffee, thick and no way to hide it. [break][break]

So…” He speaks slowly after a purposefully delayed sip, canines peeking through a smile he fails to contain. [break][break]

The guy making Growlithe eyes at you got a name?” [break][break]

Stretching his free hand over the table, Angelo tilts the screen towards him to get a better look at the man in the photograph. Laughter beginning to tumble from his lips certainly not ill-natured. [break][break]

Guess I don’t need to worry about you being alone with just the birds for company anymore, huh? Explains your radio silence.

notes.

n/a

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
been a while [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 21:30:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Hey!” he exclaimed as he recognized what Angelo was on.

“Look, he’s an old friend of mine, okay?” he continued, flustered as he was caught off-guard by the sudden question. “And… well…

How was he going to explain all this?

“He’s a very private person, man,” he added a few moments later. “Loves Rock-types just as much as how I have an entire…armada… of birds living at the Sanctuary.”

And speaking of that…

“Ethan misses your face, too. Save him from Claire, she’s becoming overbearing!” he went on with a cackle as he drained the contents of his drink and set the empty cup on the table.

“Perhaps I shouldn’t keep you too long. I’ll send the details you want soon, okay?”

Rummaging around, he found what he was looking for and slid it across the table.

“I had to change a few contact details, so here.”