TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
:freeloader: [M] [AA]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 19:54:19 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]
[attr="class","parigidw"]

In all honestly, Pace hadn't expected Percy to come along, no matter how confident he acted. His partner for today was far too... how to say this kindly... stoic? That was a much kinder way of saying grumpy.[break][break]

The place was cute, though - one of those little cosy cafes with a fireplace, that served cutesy drinks like the oh-so-popular pumpkin spice - which made all the difference when it had already gotten so dark outside. After all their work sorting out the Golurk, Pace needed a good hard drink right now. But he did also have to get home and the flying taxi could get expensive, so he had to settle for coffee.[break][break]

He found them a couple's seat right by the fire, a little table perfect for just two people, where the stone-faced Percival Munn (HNN) would be forced to actually look at Pace. And if they accidentally played a little footsie? What of it? It was just an accident from the small space, of course.[break][break]

"It got pretty late pretty fast, huh? We should get something to eat while we're here"

[attr="class","parigidtag"]

[attr="class","parigidnotes"]

notes.

mission - feast or famine

[attr="class","parigidpokes"]

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
I always wondered how far we could go
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 23:00:29 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

It’s not a date.
[break][break]
Surely not.
[break][break]
If anything, as Percy sees it, it’s merely compensating him for pretty much doing his damn job for him back at the farm – the least the ranger could do. Especially considering he had ended up with no scoop and had pretty much wasted the few hours of daylight in this fine afternoon. All because of a lonely Golurk.
[break][break]
Is that the reason why he agreed to come to the café? Because he’s hungry, tired, and wants to at least get something out of this trip to Oldale? Or, is it because of the company?
[break][break]
”Are you offering to buy me dinner?” An eyebrow quirks, silvery grey eyes finding golden ones in the warm light of a crackling fireplace. Days are short in this time of year, and out the window, a full moon over Oldale. ”We might as well, while we’re here. I imagine you don’t live around here?”
[break][break]
Why is it that he always seems to find himself taking flying taxis back to Slateport in the dark?

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #7ea38f; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #7ea38f!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7ea38f; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #7ea38f!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7ea38f; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7ea38f; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Evan

pace :3
he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 23:45:57 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

"Would it be a problem if I was?"[break][break]

Pace held Percy's gaze with confidence, a smile slightly crinkling his eyelids and that shining gold pinpointed on his dining companion's face. He takes a little menu, simply designed, from it's stand on the table alongside some simple condiments - salt, some sauces. "Here, get whatever you'd like". [break][break]

It sounds like a show of wealth, when he says it - whatever you want, it's on me, whatever the price. In truth, it was more about the message - whatever you want, it's on me, because I find you interesting. I find you fun. I find you handsome. It was all about the layers. The implication. Truly, Pace was operating on flirting levels never before seen. Or at least he thought as much.[break][break]

His inner gentleman was allowing Percy to order first, but he couldn't help but steal a glance at the menu himself in the split second he passed it over. Pace had worked up more of an appetite than he'd thought with all of today's work, and he could eat a whole feast right about now. [break][break]

"I'm from Fortree, yeah. Or, I mean, I live in Fortree. I'm from Unova" He finishes with a raised brow, a silent question of and you?.

notes.

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:15:29 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”You shouldn’t take every question as an attempt at confrontation, Pace.
[break][break]
Journalist as he is, asking questions may have just become a cornerstone of Percy’s personality over the years, and yet, even if that’s the case, why is it that it almost sounds like he’s scolding him, no matter how calm the way he stares at him?
[break][break]
But, there’s also the faintest of smiles dancing at his lips, and the way he reaches for the menu and turns his attention to it.
[break][break]
”I was just wondering if you could afford something like that on a ranger’s salary.”
[break][break]
Just a small jab, nothing more. A well-deserved one too.
[break][break]
For the sake of said ranger salary and also for the sake of not having to wait forever for their food, he skips over the more complex dishes that may cost more and take longer to make it to the table, his chosen feast instead being one more modest yet still quite enjoyable.
[break][break]
While ordering, he pays close attention to Pace’s words.
[break][break]
”Oh? Fortree isn’t close at all, taking a taxi back?” The unspoken question does not go unnoticed, of course, and when finally putting the menu down, he meets the ranger’s gaze once more. ”I’m from Johto, but what’s someone from Unova doing all the way in Hoenn?”
[break][break]
Never one to care much for speaking of himself, the conversation is swiftly redirected.

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #7ea38f; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #7ea38f!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7ea38f; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #7ea38f!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7ea38f; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7ea38f; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 13:40:48 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

"Would it be a problem if I did?"[break][break]

He almost laughs as he says it - there's nothing Pace loves more than teasing, after all, especially against someone like Percy. He watches the tiniest inklings of a smile threaten to pull at his dinner partner's lips, and then when he spoke, Pace does laugh this time - he's right, after all, rangers got paid peanuts.[break][break]

After collecting himself, Pace raises a brow at Percy with a smile in his eyes.[break][break]

"Wasn't sure you knew how to make a joke, Percival. That's good to know"[break][break]

Once Percy's finished with the menu, he takes a quick look himself then gestures at one of the serving staff, who gives him that look of just a sec. The lights of the café were turned down so as to not be blinding against the evening dark, and the reflection of the bulbs in the window gave the appearance of will-o-wisps hovering just outside the glass.[break][break]

"No, I usually fly myself, actually" He pats his belt, where Seti's ball was tucked in tight. "Nothing beats feeling the wind, so long as you dress up properly" He took a moment to glance, then, at Percy's suit. Not quite judgmentally, but with just a little bit of a smirk.[break]
Suits were never Pace's thing, he was much more a sweatpants kind of guy.[break][break]

"I moved, same as I imagined you did. I moved to Sinnoh first, though, so it wasn't such a huge jump to Hoenn. Have you been away from Johto long?"

notes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 20:40:04 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Reproachful words are met with a teasing question, and while Percy would usually find something like that to be terribly annoying, he simply looks at Pace, his silvery gaze expressing so very little of what he might think about the ranger. There’s a laugh, and to Percy’s own surprise, he finds that he doesn’t dislike the sound, even if it comes followed by even more teasing.
[break][break]
”Why? Do I seem incapable of joking or something?”
[break][break]
In Pace’s defense, Percy definitely doesn’t joke often, especially not with most people. In a way, that sole fact makes him special, but of course Percy would never tell him as much.
[break][break]
It’s easier to just let it all slide; to quietly listen to the other’s words while they wait for their food, the warmth of the fireplace beginning to bring certain rosy hues upon fair skin which paleness not even Hoenn’s tropical climate has been capable of changing.
[break][break]
’Dress up properly,’ Pace says, by which he probably means not in something like a suit, but to be honest, the idea of flying long distances on a pokémon’s back doesn’t sound at all appealing to Percy. He’d rather wear his suit and take a taxi, thank you very much. ”Fond of flying, hm? You seem like the type.”
[break][break]
What’s that supposed to mean?
[break][break]
Obviously, no explanation comes.
[break][break]
”Sounds like quite the story. What’s Sinnoh like? I always wanted to go.”
[break][break]
There’s a slight smirk, for he’s well aware that he didn’t answer Pace’s question.

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 22:02:24 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

"Not incapable so much as unwilling. At least to most people - maybe you're better with people you actually know, huh? Good thing I'd love to get to know you"[break][break]

He stretches his legs out just a little bit, his foot finding Percy's in the fireplace-lit half-light beneath the table, just for a second, then takes it back to his own space.[break][break]

He seemed the type? What the hell did that mean? It makes Pace grin either way - it's not as if he hasn't heard something similar enough to be able to fill in the blanks himself. Careless, probably, courageous to a fault, plucky to the point of stupidity. Pace was used to those kinds of things, mostly because they were true. But he'd much rather be stupidly brave than safe yet never leave the house.
"I'll take that as a compliment"[break][break]

At the mention of Sinnoh, Pace takes a moment to think instead of hitting back a quip like he does usually. Sinnoh was a tricky subject, considering most of his time there was spent under the thumb of the Syndicate. "It was much colder than it is here, even during the summer" Thoughts of blood on his shoes, shadowy figures houndlike behind him.[break]
"When it comes to the big cities, though, it's pretty familiar. Aside from the little things, there's not a big difference between Castelia, Jubilife and Slateport. I had a good friend in Sinnoh, though, who I haven't seen for a while." The ever-present smirk fades. He glances a little away from Percy's face, lost in memories. Feels like hours, when in reality it's seconds, if that.[break][break]

"...You should go. I'll show you around sometime, I bet there's all kinds of places I could help you get lost in."[break][break]

It comes back as fast as cinders catching flame, that confidence, that smile.

notes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 0:01:04 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Does that line usually work for you?”
[break][break]
Of course it does; because he’s handsome, because he’s confident, because he can so very easily say things like those and make it sound believable. If he were any less stubborn, Percy would probably fall for it too, but he has heard words like those before, and experience leads him to raise a brow and move his foot away from Pace’s.
[break][break]
Not today.
[break][break]
Not like this.
[break][break]
Instead of thinking of things like those, he focuses on imagining Sinnoh the way Pace describes it. He’s right, most big cities are pretty similar to one another; Goldenrod City isn’t all that different from Slateport, nor are cities like Hammerlocke and Wyndon. Ecruteak, however? There’s no place quite like Ecruteak.
[break][break]
”A friend, huh? You don’t keep in touch?” Pace’s expression makes it obvious that he shouldn’t pry about all that, but how couldn’t he be curious when it’s said in such a way? There’s obviously a really personal story there, Percy can tell, but it’s for Pace’s sake he chooses to push the matter aside.
[break][break]
”If you’d be helping me get lost, you wouldn’t be a very good tour guide, would you?” With these words, he smirks, taking a sip from his glass.

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 21:11:29 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

"Of course it does"[break][break]

Because he's handsome, and because he's confident, and because he can so very easily say things like these and make them sound believable.[break][break]

Pace feels Percy's foot move away from his, and catches that look in his eye. He nearly sighs but is conscious that that might come across as bratty, getting frustrated that Percy wasn't flirting back, so instead he just smiles at him again.[break][break]

"Ha... no, we don't. Haven't spoken in two years now. It's just one of those things, I guess" He shrugs, gives a sad smile - even when discussing the loss of his long-term best friend, he can't help but smile. It was genuine so often, but now... Pace had to admit, the smile came with a little force. It was hard to beam like usual when thinking about getting your best friend's wife and unborn child killed. You could only smile so hard when bearing that kind of burden.[break][break]

He appreciates, at least, Percy not poking too hard.[break][break]

"Some people might say that getting lost somewhere is the fun part, though. That way you get to see more than you would if you were just following the beaten track, right?" He smirks back and sips in unison.[break][break]

"Anyways, let's not talking about me all night, huh? Whereabouts in Johto are you from?"[break][break]

He wasn't going to let Percy get away from the topic that easily, after all.

notes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 21:47:24 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

He sees it. How could he not see it? The shrug, the sadness in Pace’s smile, the signs of a pain that won’t be easily spoken of. Percy has learned to recognize things like those in people, and because he has it is that he can guess that there story behind all this is one that still affects the ranger greatly. How did Pace lose this good friend of his? Why is it that they don’t keep in touch?
[break][break]
For now, his curiosity remains unquenched, but at least Pace’s next remark is enough to distract him because of how fucking absurd it sounds to Percy’s ears.
[break][break]
”Guess I’m not one of those people. I hate feeling lost.”
[break][break]
Ever the contrarian.
[break][break]
Is it on purpose?
[break][break]
This time, probably, for a slight smirk tugs at his lips, and yet his words are still as honest as can be: being lost is not something someone like Percy could ever see as a positive. He’s just not that carefree sort of person, and the mere thought of being caught up in that kind of situation threatens to cause a spike in his anxieties.
[break][break]
”Hmm… Should have guessed you’d insist. Enju.”
[break][break]
This time there’s actually an answer to Pace’s question, but leave it to Percy to call the city by its local name instead of the one known by most foreigners.

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 19:49:06 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

"Maybe you just haven't been lost with the right people"[break][break]

Does he really have a comeback for everything? Most of the time, honestly, yeah. It comes hand in hand with the whole "constant unshaking confidence" thing.[break][break]

Pace isn't blind to the tiniest of smirks at the corner of Percy's lips. It nearly encourages him, hypes up his flirtations, makes him want to say something more blunt, something dirtier. Despite how he prods him and bugs him, though, he has enough respect for Percy to not say something to wind him up here in public.[break][break]

The idea of making Percival Munn (HNN) blush is deliciously tempting enough to nearly distract him from the entire conversation, but he pulls himself back from daydreams in time to catch Percy's answer.[break][break]

"Enju" He repeats back, raising a brow. Of course he calls the city it's native name, not the tourist-friendly one. His mind checks every piece of information on Johto it knows, but he has literally no clue which one Enju is. Which one was Goldenrod? He'd stayed there for a couple months in a bedsit on his way to Hoenn... Kogane? Damnit, not Enju. Instead of covering up his lack of knowledge, Pace laughs.[break][break]

"You'll have to make that one Unovan-friendly for me. I bet it's one of the smaller places, though, right? You don't seem like a big city guy to me."

notes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 20:52:57 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

If Percy had any less self-control than what he actually does have, he’d roll his eyes, because Pace’s response is as predictable as it is flirtatious and wrong. There are no right people with whom to get lost. Not in Percy’s own opinion, at least, and of course that to him his own opinion matters the most.
[break][break]
Are they at an impasse, then?
[break][break]
Maybe not just yet, because it’s the ranger’s next words that actually earn him a light chuckle. A rarity.
[break][break]
Unovan-friendly? I thought you travelled around a lot, don’t you learn the local names for places?”
[break][break]
That’s just cruel, because not even he knows the native names for most places he hasn’t visited, and yet, the remark is made all the same, almost as if Percy were set on making all this ever too difficult.
[break][break]
He might just be, but that’s not out of lack of interest. Quite the contrary.
[break][break]
”Enju is Ecruteak. Ring any bells now?”

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 22:05:10 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

A chuckle. He wins. Does everything have to be a competition, a prize to be won? For Pace, a little bit, yes. Seeing Percy laugh makes him smile back at him, leaning forward a little, elbows on the table. His body language closes the gap between them - if Percy were to put his hand on the table in turn, Pace would gladly close the gap some more.[break][break]

"I have travelled a lot, but I haven't been to every single town on the planet, Percy" He smirks. "Nor have you, I bet. If I asked you to go to Mio City? Kotobuki?" Though he doesn't doubt that Percy probably would know exactly where they were. He seemed one of those smarmy types who's go well actually...[break][break]

But admittedly, Pace was kind of obsessed with smarmy types.[break][break]

"Ahh... ha. Bells! Like the bell tower? Look at you, making a joke" He laughs to himself "Sorry, that's mean. I have been to Ecruteak - only very briefly, though, on the way through to Goldenrod. I think that makes sense, though. I can see someone like you somewhere like that"

notes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 17:45:15 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Well, actually…
[break][break]
The “Unovan-friendly” names for cities tend to be as close as possible to direct translations of their local name, and as such, all it takes is knowing the language to make an accurate guess. Like how ‘Mio’ means ‘waterway’ and ‘Canalave’ is just a combination of ‘canal’ and ‘lave’.
[break][break]
Of course, he could say all that to Pace, but instead Percy chooses to simply stare at him like he just said something incredibly silly.
[break][break]
This seems only intensified when the other comments on his hometown.
[break][break]
”Someone like me being from somewhere like that? What’s that supposed to mean?”
[break][break]
It almost sounds like an insult, but then again, Percy tends to be the sort of person who expects the worst from people.
[break][break]
”Ecruteak’s nice. It’s very different from most Hoennian cities.”

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 13:20:40 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

It's only been a couple of hours, and yet Pace is already pretty used to that pointed stare. The one that says that was stupid, and you're dumb without quite saying exactly that. It only serves to make him smile back. Pace loved the kind of person who looked down their nose at people, who looked at them like they were morons. He liked to prove people wrong, he liked to flirt with and kiss the kind of people who thought they were better than him. A therapist would probably have a field day with him.[break][break]

As the conversation turns slightly, though, Pace raises his hands. What's that supposed to mean?, Percy says. Seems he touched a nerve, slightly.[break][break]

"Hey now, I'm not saying that to make you or Ecruteak sound like shit. What I mean is... it's traditional. Quiet, right? Got a lot of history, and all that stuff. I feel like that kinda vibe fits with the vibe I get from you. Not in a bad way - if anything, I meant it as a compliment."[break][break]

He smiles. Pace enjoyed chasing and lying and manipulating when he had time for it, but this wasn't one of those times. The problem with telling so many white lies is that when people grow wise to them, they assume everything else you say is also one.[break][break]

"I can imagine it is, yeah. Not a lot of places here that feel that... old, I guess. Everywhere here is so built up - it felt the same in Unova, honestly. Sure, you've got Littleroot, or Pacifidlog, and all that... but it's still a totally different feeling than somewhere like Ecruteak, right? You must miss it."

notes.