6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 4:29:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
verdanturf was a nice place to settle down: countryside enough for them to experience nature and clean air, but close enough to the city that they rush one of them to one of the big hospitals in case they get a major case of food poisoning.

they have to do it once in a full moon, as opposed to a blue moon, since noah has a tendency to hurt himself over every little thing.

they trek a bit deeper into the woods by their backyard. trees were sparse still, but undergrowth and other vegetation seem to overrun a deeper part of the stretch of land. it was unowned territory after all.

"remember the time you were trying to impress me with things you don't really know about?"

kyle leads the way until they reach the same tree. mushrooms that bear resemblance to the memory grow by the roots of the tree. he points at it excitedly as he turns around to show it to noah.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 9:25:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 at the shock of recollected embarrassment, noah thrusts a fist into the other's sleeve. firm enough for a thud, but light enough to be playful. no malice crowns his knuckles— just the desire to touch and toy.

"that was only one time. i forgot hoenn has like, different mushrooms than johto or kanto." noah says loudly. "hey! don't treat it like a tourist spot!"

and at kyle's excited pointing, noah stomps toward him to bang his fist on his back.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 5:13:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he chuckles as he rubs the part hit by noah, throwing out a casual "love you" somewhere out there.

he crouches down the roots with a grin on his expression when they reach it, still fevered with a sense of bliss with noah's company. days where they have no work to worry about was seldom. he needed prayers for their free days to coincide, especially with aqua activities on the rise.

a finger hovers over the mushrooms, carefully trying to avoid any contact with them. most of them looked different, forming into one nice clump of fungi all living in the same space. it kind of looks like a salad in itself, but kyle is still reluctant to try one.

"it's time for the annual mushroom test where you pick one of them and we see if it's yet another killer mushroom. we can cook it in a stew this time if you want."

they're ready for it this time. kyle has antihistaminestocked up in their home just in case they need it for first aid.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 6:09:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 uncertainty settles in as the test is administered. a classic case of examination anxiety. it clouds the mind in spore-like burs, cutting synaptic connection with the hot piercing of its teeth.

after he squats by their potential harvest, noah frowns. his finger hovers between two: one with a large red cap and yellow specks and the other with a large yellow cap and red specks.

"you know the answer, right?" noah says, arms loosely propped on his knees. he cranes his head upward to kyle. "like, the test only works if you know."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 9:21:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
nothing in their appearance dictates any properties the mushroom may have, besides maybe the bright coloration of some. the carefree nature runs wild in him for this occasion as work and responsibilities fade to obscurity on the back of his head.

"don't worry about it," he says in a poor attempt of dismissing noah's worries.

kyle has literally zero interest in botany and his understanding of plants were only limited to common plant knowledge, and if he gets lucky, those that were featured in any flavor of the month game that he has happened to play or know of.

he takes a quick scan of the mushrooms again, making a choice of his own for what he guesses was safe in this fungi russian roulette. one looks awfully familiar to the variants found on the supermarket, but having no label on them gives him no certain confirmation.

"just pick one. you can't get unlucky twice in a row, right? don't worry, i'll taste test it with you."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 9:49:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 perhaps, fortune will smile on noah today. indecision seizes his fingers briefly before he thrusts them forth. he plucks the large red-capped mushrooms from the clump, seeing their pale fibres tear away from other stalks.

"alright. these ones." noah says.

he tucks the shrooms in a plastic bag, the pokemart logo wrinkling as it grows heavier. the last mushroom fails to make it in the bag. its pinched between noah's fingers as he waves it around like a wand.

"when i was younger, we'd make non-stop dick jokes about these." noah sighs, a wistful smile on his face. "but i'm older now. totally mature. too grown up for that sort of thing."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:13:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, you get the real thing now," kyle casually mentions, trying to get into noah's humor.

with the last of them picked up by noah, kyle stands up and takes out his phone. he holds it up for coverage, since the trees make it hard for the signal to reach them, and makes a google search.

his thumb makes it for the letters one by one, and when he spots noah's eyes coming at him, he quickly shifts his phone's screen away from his point of view. there's a mild smirk as he continues typing.

"do you want to keep it a mystery or do you want to check what kind of mushroom are we eating later? don't worry, i'll keep my word and do it with you still."

he hovers his hand over a button, still keeping the screen away from noah's sight.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:20:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "yea, i thank god everyday for that." noah says, hands pushed up against each other in prayer while he squats. the plastic bag dangles from his wrist as its contents strike his folded legs.

he rises from the ground. from the cradle of his hand, the mushroom tempts him.

"yea, yea, i'm pretty sure i got the good ones." noah brushes off some dirt and grass from the pale stem: a delay tactic meant for the dark-haired gym leader to scrutinize and ascertain his potential last supper. "the kind you can eat raw too. really rare."

unsure of what kyle is doing with his phone, noah takes a generous bite.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:31:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there wasn't any surprise when noah eats it raw. the logical part of him expects it, but at the same time, he had been wishing that noah would take the bait to cook it up in a stew or something first.

"i did a google search. that one's not on the list of safe mushrooms, buddy."

he shoves the phone back to his pocket and grabs the plastic bag from noah's hand and lets it rest on his wrist, anchored by a wristwatch. he positions himself in front of noah, dragging his arms over his shoulders, and forcibly carries him on his back before he collapses.

"hopefully, it's just stomachache. i don't really want to deal with diarrhea."

they had a total of three bathrooms in the house, but noah's most likely to hog the one by their bedroom if he does get sick. that wasn't the only way kyle would get affected, however.

"you still okay?" he asks. "should i go now?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:38:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "wait, the fuck? i swear it’s the right kind, man!”

noah clutches his stomach in paranoia. hoisted onto kyle’s back, noah swallows warm spit. muted gulping noises can be heard close to the ears of his boyfriend as the mushroom menace dangles his heavy head over one shoulder.

”yeah, just go.” noah breathes. he tightens his legs around kyle like a ponyta rider asking their mount to pick up speed. ”i’ve survived worse.” he laughs, voice fluttering softly against kyle’s neck.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:50:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle chuckles as noah breathes on his ear.

"like what? our first meeting together?"

he remembers it as vivid as ever: noah too star-struck to act properly without kyle even knowing he was a fan. he'd only ever realize it on hindsight, which makes the memory of it much more valuable.

kyle fastens noah with his hold as he starts a light jog. the pace was too casual for him having a dying man behind his back, but a forest stroll was just too nice to pass by, regardless of whether he's an indoor person or not.

"this isn't just an excuse to 'train' your stomach or something stupid like that, right?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 10:58:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 ”that was like, the best day of my life dude.” noah tries not to be too sentimental, voice refraining from melting into molasses and ribombee honey.

even still, with his voice caught between sickly and affectionate, the gym leader manages to speak quiet sincerities.

”one of them anyway.”

around them, the wood peels away. the trees thin out and the grasses become less and less wild. noah, almost drunkenly, plants a kiss on the nape of kyle’s neck.

”i’d train my stomach on other things. not like this, ugh, what do you take me for? an idiot?” noah jests. he knows he is one.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 11:07:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kinda," kyle brazenly admits. "that's kind of like one of my tastes, you know."

noah has more negative traits than positive that kyle can list due to his more pragmatic view, though it doesn't affect his opinion on noah. 'it adds more charm,' or so he claims. that, and he's too awkward to admit things he likes outwardly.

as they travel nearer to their home, which wasn't really that far since it was just a nature trail basically by their backyard, sounds of barking sounded. some jumps the fence or crawls underneath to welcome their return.

"tada. here's our welcome committee. wanna say hi first or do we go straight inside?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 11:16:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah huffs when kyle does not deny it. then again, noah is currently being transported to a convalescent home. his stretcher is kyle’s sturdy back; the barks become the blaring siren of the lopez ambulance.

”say hi, say hi,” noah says, ”’cause it might be my final goodbye.” the gym leader laments. all melodrama. ”then bring me to my final resting place.”

noah leans to the side, allowing his right hand to dangle limply. wet mightyena snouts grace the back of his hand as curious licks tickle his fingers.

”can’t believe i’m dying today, man.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chanterelle [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 11:29:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they make a pitstop with the dogs, leaning to his side when noah gives them his final goodbye before he inevitably dies from liver failure.

"i'll step down from champion and take over your gym once you do," he playfully teases. "i think i got death insurance for you from aqua too. that's going to fund my bill during my years of despair."

the convenience and security given by government positions prevails.

once noah and the dogs bid their farewell, kyle makes his way to the front, stepping over a broken part of a fence to make his way in. he makes a mental note to fix it, though no wild pokemon nor burglar ever ventures in anyways with the amount of pokemon in their household.

"we're almost there soldier. stay alive."

kyle's hand let's go of one of noah's legs as he gets a hand in his pocket for the key to the backdoor, opening up the kitchen, before slipping it back. he carries noah again, ramming his head through the screen door since he can't use his hands, and then closing it with his foot.