Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
The Unown Report [Gwen/DW]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 13:04:16 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

The Unown Report

A first meeting with

He found himself all too often in these ironically named peaks.

Fatalities in the Sootopolis City PD were becoming too common- compared to the 0% fatality rate it had enjoyed prior, at any rate.

Each was an impact not only to the Sootopolitan police's ability to act, but to their morale as well. New Officers were quitting, and the number of new recruits was dwindling.

The veterans were anxious and constantly looking over their shoulders, and some were considering retirement.

It was an environment in which it was all too easy someone like Gwyar to quickly rise through the ranks. Their numbers were dwindling too quickly for seniority to matter.

He hoped wouldn't think he chose the city with that in mind. He had hoped the officers of Sootopolis were a little more hardy.

Maybe that was the little bit of Freezington he carried with him everywhere expecting too much from the guardians of such an idyllic place.

Shaking his head to disregard such thoughts, the man rose to his full height, stepping away from the tombstone he had been cleaning before tipping his hat at it.

Turning on his heel, he wondered if any of the will-o-wisps that constantly flittered about Mt. Pyre was one the officers recently fallen.

Dumping the dirty rag unto a bucket, he picked the bucket up before he began making his way towards the exit of the cemetery- only for a sudden, liud, incessant beeping to fill the air.

"Hn?!"

Bingo Prompt: "Will-o-wisp"
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 14:38:06 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
Her duty for this evening was to patrol the cemetery. Too many reports had been made for disturbed headstones and dug up graves. Frankly, the chances of these reports being related to nefarious activity were quite slim, given how many of these apparent mishaps were caused by Pokemon's claws-- but she obliged regardless. It was a simple ask and one she was more than capable of handling.

What she wasn't expecting was for her to bump into another officer, one who seemed quite keen on finding something. Or that is, at least, what it looked like to her. Just as she is about to approach, the device in his hand or in his back pocket begins to go off. Immediately, she assumes that it must be some sort of an alarm alerting him to her presence.

His surprise mimics her own, and her eyes widen as she blurts out an apology.

"Oh! My apologies, sir, I didn't realize there would be someone here to clean the headstones."

Her attention shifts to the bucket with the floating rag. The beeping doesn't stop, however, and she awkwardly stands in his path with curiosity glinting in her eyes. The obscure noise draws her attention, and she inclines her head toward it, regardless of if it might look like she is staring at his butt or something.

"I am Officer Guinevere Auclair-- is there anything I can help you with today, sir?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 18:46:21 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

The Unown Report

A first meeting with

Gwyar is momentarily distracted from the device on his pocket by the arrival of a woman- another officer, as it turned out. The device's alarm died down as he turned on his heel to face the woman, smiling.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, officer! Your name is lovely, I must say- Named my eldest daughter the same myself!" He said cheerfully. And without prompt. "Something of a family tradition you see! Gwyneddfather, Gwyarhim, Gwynevereeldest daughter, Gwyndolinyoungest daughter... "

A long line of knightly names! Which suddenly reminded him...

"Oh! Please, pardon my lack of manners." He suddenly said, almost smacking himself in the head. His time in Hoenn had dulled his knightly sensibilities perhaps too much!

His right arm folded over his chest, bringing his palm over his heart as bowed.

"I am-!"

RING! He was suddenly cut off by the sound of the same alarm from earlier.

He did not stop.

"Police Sergeant-!"

RING! And neither did the alarm.

"Gwyar Wledig-!"

RING!

"of the Sootopolis-"

RING! Alright, even he was getting annoyed.

"- CityPoliceDepartment!" He finished in a rush, before reaching into his breast pocket to yank the device causing all the ruckus, sighing in relief as the blaring died down the moment he switched the screen on. "And I came here off my own volition; it makes sense you were not notified. I apologize for the inconvenience."

The man squinted at the screen in front of him. He had never been too good with computers, even the modern, overly convenient ones. He recognized some of the symbols on it as Unown, but he wasn't sure of what the machine wanted from him.

Someone more adept might be able to sift through the menus enough to realize the machine was alerting them to the nearby presence of an unown.

Naturally, Gwyar's gaze rolled over to Gwen, given her earlier question/offer.

"Perhaps! Can you make sense of this, Officer Auclair?"

Bingo Prompt: "Unown"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 1:09:20 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
The compliment is wholly unexpected, and as such, prompts a sudden and distinct flare of rosy cheeks. Her eyes widen in surprise and she stammers as she opens her mouth to respond- but all is well because Gwyar continues on to list off his close family members.

Only at the end does she notice a pattern, one she can't put her finger on. Regardless, he is a kind, excitable man and she can respect that. In fact, it warms her immensely.

She even chuckles softly under her breath, lowering her stiff chin to smile just so at his hasty apology. The situation only seems to get exponentially worse and more awkward as he attempts, in between jarring and distruptive noises from his pocket, to introduce himself more formally.

And with every interruption her smile broadens to reflect her own awkwardness.

"That is more than alright, Sergeant, there is really no reason to apologize."

She neglects to mention her slight suspicions of him prior and that having been the reason she'd approached in the first place. Somehow, the bucket and rag had looked quite.. unusual. Now she felt silly.

"Hm?"

But his attention soon returns to her, and then to the device in his hand that had been previously ringing. She blinks, steps forward, and leans in to gaze down upon the curious device. All of the images look mildly familiar, full of Unown Pokemon from her understanding. They were likely something she'd read about in passing surrounding deities and legends. But nothing concrete, and probably nothing that would help him.

"I am.. not sure, I'm afraid. Perhaps they are meant to spell out words? Don't they look a little bit like funny-shaped letters?"

In particular, she points to a word that looks to spell 'MIRROR'.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 3:57:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRIFLOON APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNBURDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BATON PASS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWOOBAT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEART STAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 14:33:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

The Unown Report

A first meeting with

The man blinked at the woman, then at the screen, staring at the word she was pointing at for a brief second before things clicked into place.

"Ah! That makes sense, doesn't it? Unown are the world's first- and worst- cypher." He said with a laugh, wondering how he missed that. He then frowned gently however, tilting his head. "But why is the device ringing so incessantly?"

He hadn't really interacted directly with anyone else who possessed one of the devices since getting his own- at least the subject hadn't come up since.

He had no idea of what it was for, or how it functioned.

In the background, Raki was up to his nonsense while his handler sorted things out with the blonde woman.

He had just pounced on a Swoobat unfortunate enough to have drifted too close, wrestling it down to the floor and applying a wing bar upon it with a victoroious yip.

Meanwhile, Gwen might be able to notice a button for a menu on the screen. Well, she might recognize the symbol of three horizontal lines stacked atop one another. Gwyar certainly didn't, technologically inept as ever.

Capturing Swoobat!