the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 5:26:06 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

he leans into her touch.[break][break]

"i'm sure, but..."[break][break]

there's always a but.[break][break]

he sighs, peering into her eyes.[break][break]

"i've never been good at...being exclusive. i'll need some time."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 17:03:01 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His “but” caught her off guard, if only for a moment. She swallowed, like there was cement in her throat as she stared at him with wide eyes. Then, they lowered, staring at the bottom of the tub, at their feet.

Of course he needed time. And what if he found it not satisfactory, being with her?

Jessie nodded, not meeting his gaze for a moment before trying to pull a smile back onto her lips. She hoped it didn’t wobble as her self confidence waned.

”Okay. Are you ready to get out?”

She pulled away, to reach for the knobs. To give herself a moment to regain her composure and confidence.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 17:55:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's hard not to miss the shift in her demeanor. he sees her gaze lower along with her confidence, and though she may smile, he sees right past that, too.[break][break]

"jessie..."[break][break]

he reaches out for her hand.[break][break]

"i like you, okay? it's just me i have to work on. it has nothing to do with you."

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 18:13:28 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His hand stopped her before she could reach to turn the water off. Looking back at him, she blinked before nodding. Accepting his hand as he reached for hers.

”I’m sorry. I just have a lack of self confidence. Comes with the family.”

She paused before reaching out to hug him. Something intimate.

”I like you too. A lot. But that was probably obvious from the first night. I’m a lot to handle, but if you’re willing to try this, then I’m willing to give you the time you want to adjust.”

This time, she actually turned off the water.

”Come on. I’m getting all wrinkly, and I want to get back in bed.”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 6:13:43 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

if only he had the power to take away all her problems, to rid her of the issues caused by her family. he hasn't met the blacks nor does he even know of their relation, but once he does, he'll be sure to do his best to protect her.[break][break]

until then, all he can do is to return the hug, holding her close.[break][break]

"don't be sorry. i got you, alright? you're amazing, jessie."[break][break]

the water turns off, and he pulls away.[break][break]

"come on."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 11:48:40 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
It was tempting to stand there and allow him to hold onto her forever. But she allowed him to pull away so they could get out, towel off, and get back to her cozy bed.

It was welcoming and warm, especially with the promise of Niko joining her. Would he join her all the time now?

"What made you want to become the head honcho of this gang, Niko? Isn't that a lot of work?"

The question sprang into her mind. How much did they know about each other, besides the physical? She was curious about him.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 13:08:20 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

the question catches him while he's drying himself off. he pauses for a moment, thinks, then continues.[break][break]

"it's...a long story."[break][break]

one she deserves to hear. so, after he dries himself, he climbs into bed next to her, settling in comfortably.[break][break]

"i didn't actually want to be. there was just no one else willing to step up."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 13:58:33 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His response posed another question right off the bat.

”So… could you have lived a somewhat normal life without the responsibility then?” she asked, her eyes ever curious.

Of course, Jessie didn’t understand gang life. Not entirely. She only knew things from pop culture, movies, TV. She shifted in bed so he could be comfortable, but when he settled, she came closer, to feel him beside her again.

Call her an innocent lamb of sorts.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 14:39:32 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"can any of us really live a normal life?"[break][break]

us. it still feels weird to say, to group everyone in rocket under one umbrella when it's not true, really. there are more than enough deviations.[break][break]

"the, uh, the gang was in a tight spot when i joined. we were basically up against another gang, fighting for more of verdanturf."[break][break]

he wraps an arm around her.[break][break]

"someone had to step up when the old man died. otherwise, we all would've been doomed."[break][break]

the others more so than him as he has the power to simply move and restart his life.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 15:16:47 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie wondered that. Ever since she decided to rebel, to join Rocket, she pondered over her decision. If it was a good idea in the end. If she could’ve lived a normal life as a night life performer without the extra baggage. But would she have been here, now?

”So there’s a good man in you. Someone selfless for other people,” she teased, snickering to herself.

”You helped a lot of people, though. You could’ve left them in the dust to fend for themselves.”

She rested her hand on his chest, above his heart, before resting her head against his shoulder.

”I joined Rocket to rebel against my family. Sort of. Mostly my dad,” she started, looking back at him.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 7:04:11 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

her tease is met with a laugh, unrestrained and raw and genuine.[break][break]

"it's mostly bad in me, but sure."[break][break]

the scale of lives taken versus lives saved will forever be tipped to the former.[break][break]

he sighs, enjoying the comfort of her presence.[break][break]

"does he know you're in rocket?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 11:44:34 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie thought for a moment, thinking over his question before giving her genuine answer.

"I don't think so. But, honestly, there are probably a million ways he could find out."

And the idea of it sent a shiver down her spine.

"He's a councilman now. But before, he was able to track us down before. His kids, I mean. He came into one of my clubs while I was working to tell me I was making a big mistake working as a nightlife performer."

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 8:53:48 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

councilman.[break][break]

"shit. ?"[break][break]

he coughs out a laugh.[break][break]

"dude looks like a fuckin' rillaboom."[break][break]

to be fair, niko isn't much different, at least in terms of their build.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 13:09:40 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
The cogs turned in her head as Jessie compared her father to a Rillaboom. And then she burst into a fit of laughter, tears pricking the corner of her eyes.

"That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. But you're not wrong."

She wiped away the tears that had accumulated from her laughter, shaking her head.

"Gabriel Black is my father, yeah. As much as I wish he wasn't..."

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 18:20:02 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

maybe more a slaking than a rillaboom, but niko doesn't bother to correct. he just joins her in laughing at the poor councilman's expense.[break][break]

a thought occurs to him then. he tilts his head over, asking almost innocently:[break][break]

"think he'll approve of me?"