awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 19:29:55 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Working for in Verdanturf was nice, compared to the bustle and hustle of Slateport. She only had one place to go to for work instead of rotating from place to place, and she got to know the patrons a lot more than when she rotated.

There was only one problem. Well, two, if you counted seeing your employer outside of work a problem.

The other entertainers at the establishment were jealous of Niko's attention on Jessica. For whatever reason. Apparently, he used to spread his attention around to all of them, but since Jessie arrived, he seemed to favor her.

There were nasty rumors about Jessie. She made more money, she was a whore, she heard them all because really, they weren't quiet when they talked behind her back. And she was fine until one girl approached her while she was doing makeup for a shift, throwing Jessie's makeup onto the floor.

"You know, Jessica... you really don't belong here. You should just go back to your pretty little night life in Slateport. You aren't needed."

Her hand came down and ripped at Jessie's clothes, her shirt torn and revealing her bra underneath.

And that was the last straw for Jessica, a full brawl between her and this bitch going down. It didn't stop until she felt someone pulling her back and the taste of her own blood in her mouth from a busted lip.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 15:15:19 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"boss..."[break][break]

whatever niko's expecting to hear, it certainly isn't that.[break][break]

he barges in, assesses the situation, and quickly reaches down for jessie to pull her off the other. naturally, he holds her close, almost protectively as he puts himself between the two.[break][break]

"the fuck's going on here?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 15:36:26 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie was fighting the arms that held her back, ready to reach out and yank the hair off the other woman for everything she said. Only when Niko spoke did she truly realize he was there.

Shit. She hadn't wanted him to see her like this.

"Niko! She attacked me! I was just getting ready, and she just went feral!"

"You bitch, I will show you feral..." she spat, trying to reach around Niko's frame again to reach at her.

"I've had enough of your nasty rumors and comments. I don't give a damn if you think I'm a whore or whatever. Don't fucking touch me again!"

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 10:08:48 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"okay—enough!"[break][break]

his frame imposes over both of them, able to hold jessie back just by his arm. it's an awful situation to be in, he realizes, but he feels even worse for jessie, understanding that she must've been pushed to this extent.[break][break]

so, he turns back to the other, eyes narrowing.[break][break]

"natalia, tell me. why did i hire you?"[break][break]

even before she can answer, he speaks again.[break][break]

"it's not to throw a fit, nor is it to start shit with the other girls. do you understand?"

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 13:04:51 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Natalia didn't even have a chance to speak before she was put in her place and had to back down. It seemed like the girls retreated for now.

Jessie, however, was still angry. Once everyone seemed to go back to getting ready, she walked past Niko's arms to her makeup on the ground, collecting it in her bag. After it was picked up, she got her things together and covered her exposed chest to maintain some sort of decency.

"I'm not working tonight."

And she walked out of the door, her mouth tasting of metal and tears burning at the corners of her eyes.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 17:42:18 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

with the situation diffused, he breathes a sigh of relief, then relaxes just a little as he turns to catch her walking out the door. heavy footsteps follow after her, leaving the girls to their work for the night.[break][break]

"jessie!"[break][break]

he reaches out for her arm the moment they step back out into the open streets of verdanturf. slowly, people are starting to crowd around the venue, but he pays them no mind.[break][break]

"talk to me."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 17:59:44 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
She's clinging to her shirt tightly, trying to keep herself from being indecent or flashing anyone because of the tear. Tears are threatening to break through the dam she was trying to hold, and the second he called her name, she broke.

"I want to go back to my place."

Of course, she meant the place she was staying here in Verdanturf. She didn't want to be here, out in the open. Especially now that she was crying.

"What is there to talk about? I'm fine," she said, though it was unconvincing with her voice wavering and a sniff from her nose.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 14:06:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"then we'll go back to your place."[break][break]

he shrugs his jacket off, wrapping it around her shoulders to help with the tear. it's been getting colder in hoenn, though hoenn winters can never compare to kanto's.[break][break]

"that shit was wild, jessie. it's okay not to be fine."[break][break]

he grunts, shouldering past someone as they contineu to walk.[break][break]

"we'll talk about it at your place."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 14:27:16 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie, who had been insistent on not letting him see her cry, looked at him, about to oppose. Why should he come to her place now? Didn't he want to go back in, watch the other girls perform? But she stayed quiet as he put his jacket over her.

She just nodded, walking quietly back to her home with Niko in tow. She led him to her room, so she could remove her makeup and change out of the ripped clothes and into something comfortable. Sitting on the bed, she fiddled with her fingers.

"I didn't start it..."

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 10:17:07 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

patient as ever, niko joins her by her bed, sitting beside her.[break][break]

"i know you didn't."[break][break]

he knows. he's not stupid enough to not have seen the signs.[break][break]

"tonight's going to be natalia's last night working there."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 14:22:29 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"You're firing her?"

It was a mixture of relief and a scared feeling in her stomach.

"They think I have special treatment, Niko. If you fire her, won't that enforce that idea?" she wondered out loud, nervously playing with her hands.

"They all call me a whore. Tell me I don't belong here. Say that I make more money, that my hair is fake. I mean, yeah, I dye my hair but... but..."

Jessie's crying again. She joined this life to escape the bullying of the Black family, but now she was ensuring it again.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 18:20:16 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

niko has never been good with comforting people. emotions are not his strong suit, especially not calming them. so, he offers her his thoughts, laid out bare.[break][break]

"fuck what they think."[break][break]

he wraps an arm around her, pulling her into him.[break][break]

"you belong here. with me. even if you don't want to work anymore."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 18:27:12 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie felt his arms come around her. In her emotional state, she let herself fall against his chest, allowing herself to finish crying before she spoke again.

"I'm not quitting. I'm not a quitter."

She sniffed.

"Why me, Niko? Why am I so special?"

He could have anyone he wanted. Yet he seemed so infatuated with her, a troubled girl from a messed up family.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 18:42:26 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

that always seems to be the question: why?[break][break]

if only he knew.[break][break]

"i wouldn't blame you if you did."[break][break]

he holds her a little tighter, considering his response.[break][break]

"i don't know, jessie. you just are."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
jealousy [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 18:56:52 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie truly didn't know if he was telling her the truth or not. However, she let herself live in a small world of fantasy, imagining that he really did feel this way to her.

However, she realized how fucked she was. Because it was like Mars all over again.

And she wasn't sure if she could handle another heart ache.

"Are you going back?" she asked, looking up from where she had been hiding in his shirt.